"Miko is black inside."Tsukumo Sana

[Live] PIPPAPOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pippenis Inspector

Tism Extraordinaire
300k Cuck Chair
I could see Pippa with edge, but this edge is too generic for her personality, that's why the Lia comparison is more apt as Lia is more the zoomer basic type of girl from what I've seen.

As for templates, that tends to be the case as certain designs resonate with shoppers more, so they try to keep elements of them. That and it reduces overhead while making it easier to carry a ton of skews.
I figure they probably don't reuse templates for multiple clients but instead essentially sell the template itself as being unique to each client. Otherwise they'd risk diluting their brand down to effectively being the t-shirt equivalent to NFTs.

Definitely would have fit Lia better though. I hope they do a full line-up for Phase.

Sven

I noticed something else about this design, it looks like they gave her normal ears in addition to the rabbit ears because I'm pretty sure she's wearing ear rings here. Also you can see the ear behind the hair on the left side. Not really sure what they were thinking on this one.

I mentioned this one when they first showed them as the odd one out and still think it is closer to one of the characters that has some merch on the shop cosplaying as Pippa, or maybe repurposed unused art or her.
Screenshot2022-11-24at12-30-423.19x4.11holographicstickers_1512x.png

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I figure they probably don't reuse templates for multiple clients but instead essentially sell the template itself as being unique to each client. Otherwise they'd risk diluting their brand down to effectively being the t-shirt equivalent to NFTs.

Definitely would have fit Lia better though. I hope they do a full line-up for Phase.
That really depends. I doubt they go to a client and say they're using a template, more likely they just tell them they'll make a design for approval and then use a template to create the design. I don't know how big or old of a company they are, but their site seems to have a minimalistic product offering, which makes me think they distribute the template based designs to retailers where you're less likely to see repeats because of smaller runs and what's essentially retail crop rotation.

I don't hate their designs as a whole, they do have a certain style, but they do lack something.

logitech

I mentioned this one when they first showed them as the odd one out and still think it is closer to one of the characters that has some merch on the shop cosplaying as Pippa, or maybe repurposed unused art or her.
I mean that could be down to how the artist draws eyes/faces. I don't really how to describe it but most artists have a "formula" to how they draw certain body parts and that's how you get different art styles because each formula is sorta unique to each artist. so calling it repurposed art idk about that. Im not saying anyone's opinions on whether the art is "generic" is wrong, but i do feel like what i like in style tends to clash here.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
i doubt its as complex as re-used art and more of the same artist being asked to do shit that would sell

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
The more I look at it, the more it looks like a generic template that they drew over with her features. They gave her weird pigtails whereas all the other art has her braids, and there's a lightning bolt on the forehead for no reason.
looks like lia got sidelined

Sven

I mean that could be down to how the artist draws eyes/faces. I don't really how to describe it but most artists have a "formula" to how they draw certain body parts and that's how you get different art styles because each formula is sorta unique to each artist. so calling it repurposed art idk about that. Im not saying anyone's opinions on whether the art is "generic" is wrong, but i do feel like what i like in style tends to clash here.

i doubt its as complex as re-used art and more of the same artist being asked to do shit that would sell

Yeah I should have worded that better but I meant repurposed as in a pose sketch from a different product line that got rejected that was then used as the base for this piece more then painted bunny ears and a pink coat on a finished piece kind of reused.

Still like the pouty Pippa, feels perfectly in character.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
1695699047698.png
I like this one. I think the subdued colouring works better, because as iconic as Pippa's character design is, I'd be hesitant to wear something that's mostly pink and baby blue. This keeps the charm of her design without having to worry about that.

The edgy not-Lia one really misses the appeal of her design - from looking at the rest of their art I'm not convinced it's a template, but it does feel like an artist unfamilar with Pippa was given a bit too much creative control. That's not our rabbit.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Sparky working on the Pippa AI cover of Part of Your World. He is having problems with the "what do you call them? feet" because Flounder laughs in the song recording and the Pippa voice tries to mimic both the laugh and the line. He has to splice in an acapella version of the song that doesnt have flounder laughing.

Out of all of the lines, the FEET line is the one the PippaAI cant sing.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
View attachment 46954
I like this one. I think the subdued colouring works better, because as iconic as Pippa's character design is, I'd be hesitant to wear something that's mostly pink and baby blue. This keeps the charm of her design without having to worry about that.

The edgy not-Lia one really misses the appeal of her design - from looking at the rest of their art I'm not convinced it's a template, but it does feel like an artist unfamilar with Pippa was given a bit too much creative control. That's not our rabbit.
Yeah the biggest problem with pippa's merchandise is that she selling those colors to a majority male audience. I wouldn't be surprised if the black and off-color merch outsells everything

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
View attachment 46954

The font is ugly and I don't think it captures proper Pippa. She's much more of a seething with a smile type of person.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
The font is ugly and I don't think it captures proper Pippa. She's much more of a seething with a smile type of person.
thats a
just for you

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
That smile is specifically for you I personally see her as a cheeky goblin with a smug ass face

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
That smile is specifically for you I personally see her as a cheeky goblin with a smug ass face
But she's not smug or goblin in that art.

diethylether

bird molecule
finally some good fucking food, and since it's not being shipped by sakana, it could arrive before 2025, too.

The more I look at it, the more it looks like a generic template that they drew over with her features. They gave her weird pigtails whereas all the other art has her braids, and there's a lightning bolt on the forehead for no reason.

the design definitely rings a bell in my head, but it might just be a popular pose. With the pig tails, it reminds me more of the youtuber Otachan. I agree, it doesn't really fit pippa, but since I'm a bitch for edgy/goth inspired art, I might consider buying one anyways.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I think she has a mostly blank face with her mouth slightly open, a nervous look in her eyes, slightly hunched forward and the neck/shoulders, hands in her pockets or holding/fidgeting with a purse or other object.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
I think she has a mostly blank face with her mouth slightly open, a nervous look in her eyes, slightly hunched forward and the neck/shoulders, hands in her pockets or holding/fidgeting with a purse or other object.
Id bet she has really long ass hair since i can't imagine she like to have her hair done. To much neck touching for our little autist

JMForte

Id bet she has really long ass hair since i can't imagine she like to have her hair done. To much neck touching for our little autist
Last time she talked about its length I'm pretty sure she said it was super long because she hasn't gotten it cut in years but Pippa is unhealthy and kind of weird when determining these things so who knows what super long means for her.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom