"The harsh reality is that sometimes people you care about will turn their backs on you at any given moment"Froot

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

Kalion

:)
Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Didn't see this here yet: Another day, another "Idol didn't pay me" post.

Archive of the first post.
Archive of the Google Doc.
Anyone know a good way to archive an entire thread?

This is the third time, isn't it? Looks like it was right to be skeptical once Aviel starting his whole PR spiel last year.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
This is the third time, isn't it? Looks like it was right to be skeptical once Aviel starting his whole PR spiel last year.
iirc third time yeah

then again it was their loss to trust a fucking jew with money so theres really no winners here

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

How many Holo and Phase fan-creators have popped up saying they never got compensated by whatever compensation shit they have put out (talent or agency based) again?
i know Niji has had issues with it, but once again hilarious to see the company hell bent on not being like other "eviul" and "non-transparent" corpos once again showing the opposite, whens the contract reveal, Aviel

Awoogers

unrelated but do you think aviels nose got longer after not showing up in twitter for a couple of months now

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Jews jewing out the goyims. Must be a day that ends with y.

Limkin

Honestly most of this doc is just a bunch of bs and never working with a company before. It's not as bad as the first one, who literally expected money to magically appear in the pocket and didn't know you need to send invoice to be paid, but it is very much the same issue (on both idol and freelancer part). He claimed at the same time that "they were often late multiple weeks on payment" and "idol only sends money once a month and later switched to bi-montly". While it's not necessarily a contradiction, if you know they pay everyone at once at the same date, why exactly did you expect it would be different for you? Either some dumb intern promised him something that a company was never going to do, or he is a dumbass who didn't read the print. Then he also goes on "but if I complained it would be sent within 48 hours", this just sounds like a guy responsible for payment is a follower of "make all work in a day and laze around for the rest of the month" and was told if someone starts bitching about it to send it immediately so they don't go to twitter again. Idol shouldn't hire people with zero experience working for a company, and they should actually put someone who isn't a lazy bastard on maintaining payments

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

But guys they're so TRANSPARENT, don't you love their TRANSPARENT TRANSPARENCY??? Watch as these tweets either get taken down or a redaction is issued later after Aviel slides into their DMs.

People should stop trusting this big-nosed prick.

Void Scribas

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
So instead of a Black Company for talent, this is a Black Company for freelancers?
it can always be an overachiever and do both, everyone calls some asian companies jewish but they will always be surpassed by the master

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
So instead of a Black Company for talent, this is a Black Company for freelancers?
It's just a black company all around that buys good optics in certain fields.

Awoogers

it can always be an overachiever and do both, everyone calls asian company jewish but they will always be surpassed by the master
as they say
you cant outjew a jew

Limkin

But guys they're so TRANSPARENT, don't you love their TRANSPARENT TRANSPARENCY??? Watch as these tweets either get taken down or a redaction is issued later after Aviel slides into their DMs.

People should stop trusting this big-nosed prick.
If you write the most important part of the contract with invisible ink it's a very transparent contract. You can also do it on a glass for some more transparency

frz

Since none of you guys actually read the document. The guy claimes at least a dozen artists he reached out to are also not getting paid.
Honestly most of this doc is just a bunch of bs and never working with a company before. It's not as bad as the first one, who literally expected money to magically appear in the pocket and didn't know you need to send invoice to be paid, but it is very much the same issue (on both idol and freelancer part). He claimed at the same time that "they were often late multiple weeks on payment" and "idol only sends money once a month and later switched to bi-montly". While it's not necessarily a contradiction, if you know they pay everyone at once at the same date, why exactly did you expect it would be different for you? Either some dumb intern promised him something that a company was never going to do, or he is a dumbass who didn't read the print. Then he also goes on "but if I complained it would be sent within 48 hours", this just sounds like a guy responsible for payment is a follower of "make all work in a day and laze around for the rest of the month" and was told if someone starts bitching about it to send it immediately so they don't go to twitter again. Idol shouldn't hire people with zero experience working for a company, and they should actually put someone who isn't a lazy bastard on maintaining payments
We reading two differrent document? Originally it was on the 10th and 30th of the month, then idol changed it into the beginning of the month. And now it has been 5 weeks since he wasn't paid for works he did in early june without any notice from Idol. He also claimed "at least a dozen artist are also witheld payment from works done in june. Pretty much everything you said went against what was expressed in the document.

It's not "everyone getting paid at the same date", it's " everyone is not getting paid".

Why are you defending aviel like this? Is he your childhood hero?

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Remember we are almost a year on from their initial merch orders and Idol hasn't sent out a single order. The only orders that have been handed out? The ones managed by Brave.

Idol is good at a few things

1) Screwing over their talents (rrats unconfirmed)
2) Not fulfilling or allowing their talents to not fulfill donothons (hard confirmed, Pochi and Yuko are the biggest offenders)
3) Poaching clippers (I mean sure standard but then see the next point)
4) Not fulfilling their end of the bargain on clippers (I swear even before Idol bandit saying something a little while back this was an issue)
5) Not fulfilling merch (worldwide warehouses? I bet that merch only existed in PNGs)

There is more but 10/10 shit company for the talents, employees, contractors and fans

Limkin

"at least a dozen artist are also witheld payment from works done in june.
Why are you defending aviel like this? Is he your childhood hero?
Because it's still july. I am all for shitting on him and I even said they need to hire a better person to handle this as there is clearly still the case of miscommunication and overpromising, but expectations that a company would pay you within weeks are unrealistic. Even Sakana said how it's just not reasonable to pay this often because of how banks handle accounts that operate with large amounts of money. They either straight up don't let you, or overcharge you for transaction. Idol hires entitled people with little to no experience because they charge peanuts, and this people bitch about it on twitter because this what they are taught to do. I would imagine Cover doesn't pay you the next day after you delivered your work either, they just hire people who know how it works, and who have faith in the company they will be paid in full without a reminder in due time

Void Scribas

Remember we are almost a year on from their initial merch orders and Idol hasn't sent out a single order. The only orders that have been handed out? The ones managed by Brave.

Idol is good at a few things

1) Screwing over their talents (rrats unconfirmed)
2) Not fulfilling or allowing their talents to not fulfill donothons (hard confirmed, Pochi and Yuko are the biggest offenders)
3) Poaching clippers (I mean sure standard but then see the next point)
4) Not fulfilling their end of the bargain on clippers (I swear even before Idol bandit saying something a little while back this was an issue)
5) Not fulfilling merch (worldwide warehouses? I bet that merch only existed in PNGs)

There is more but 10/10 shit company for the talents, employees, contractors and fans
I think we should focus on the confirmed things, which are the problems with the freelancers artists, clippers, merch and basically staff. For what is known, management of the talent is okay and the vtubers itself are doing fine, right now at least. It is the staff handling that is shit.

Can an agency sink not for mishandling their talent, but for mishandling staff and merch? Guess we are going to find out.

Brave will send Aviel to the uncircumcised penis explosion chamber and take complete control of idol. Or the talents are moved between V4mirai and globie.

Thank god Meica retains complete intellectual property of her model, so she can escape just in case.

Because it's still july. I am all for shitting on him and I even said they need to hire a better person to handle this as there is clearly still the case of miscommunication and overpromising, but expectations that a company would pay you within weeks are unrealistic. Even Sakana said how it's just not reasonable to pay this often because of how banks handle accounts that operate with large amounts of money. They either straight up don't let you, or overcharge you for transaction. Idol hires entitled people with little to no experience because they charge peanuts, and this people bitch about it on twitter because this what they are taught to do. I would imagine Cover doesn't pay you the next day after you delivered your work either, they just hire people who know how it works, and who have faith in the company they will be paid in full without a reminder in due time

That is an interesting point.

frz

"This people" bitched on twitter because he is currently desperate for money and he sees no other option. You would have known if you actually have read the doc
I'm just pointing out the fact that all your claims in the first comment you make completely contradict with what was in the doc were and I have concluded that you either didn't actually read the doc or it was filtered through a weird aviel lense while you were reading it.
If it is not possible, then communicate properly and dont leave people in the dark. I have never heard of a bank not allowing companies to pay for more than 5 weeks. There is a thing called monthly salary you know?
Also you claimed "not reading the print". There's no "print". Freelancer doesn't sign contracts (which is why it is so easy to scam them). It is an industry relying entirely on trust and reputation.
The only "print" is the dialogue. There is no fine print or hidden ToS that he didnt "read" because there is no contract. Idol reached out to the freelancer, freelancer agreed to work with a payment date negotiated by idol, if freelancer ask for contract Idol drop them and find someone else.

Last edited:

Limkin

Or the talents are moved between V4mirai and globie.
Fire everyone except for Juna and Rin while we are at it too. Lisa is better off without them anyway and she is cursed for any company that she is in to explode, the world is better with her staying indie

Top Bottom