"I'm plump when I'm naked you know."Himawari Honma

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

Wixoyu

The thing is we can’t say for certain that Brave will uphold Aviel’s contract to let talents like Lisa and Tonya keep their IP if they leave the company. We’re only assuming the new contract is at the very least the same (in spirit) or if not, better (hopefully).
This is my guess for why Meica bailed. If Brave was going to keep to the agreement for her to retain her IP she could have just kept being an island for a while and see how things shake out.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
The thing is we can’t say for certain that Brave will uphold Aviel’s contract to let talents like Lisa and Tonya keep their IP if they leave the company. We’re only assuming the new contract is at the very least the same (in spirit) or if not, better (hopefully).
There is one interesting precedent though.

Mari from V4Mirai was an indie under the same identity before getting into V4Mirai. V4M gave her a new model and a new YT channel, but her Twitter and Twitch are the same from her indie days. She's the only one in the corpo with this arrangement.

Granted, she hasn't graduated, so we don't know for sure what the arrangement is, but I find it difficult to believe she would sign on without some clause that would let her keep her old indie persona.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
This is my guess for why Meica bailed. If Brave was going to keep to the agreement for her to retain her IP she could have just kept being an island for a while and see how things shake out.
I have no idea if Meica's terms are the same as the Encore girls', but I know for the latter the exchange was being able to keep ownership of their IP in exchange for a longer term (assuming two years before re-negotiation rather than one). If that's the case I wouldn't be surprised if that's what caused her to bounce; we have no idea how Idol will look under Brave, and if shit goes down quickly then it really wouldn't be pleasant not being able to do anything about it for almost two years, especially since it'd be her personal IP under lock for that period so it'd be harder to multi-model drift like Coni/Menace.

Aviel's LinkedIn Confirms a Planned Exit

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Also how the fuck does Brave "acquire" Idol when everyone just jumps ship? I wish we had a full explanation on how that works out money wise and what Brave gets out of buying a shell.

My theory, which I think I mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread, is that Idol and Brave polled their talents about who would stay and who would go as the deal was being finalized, and that info was priced into the deal the companies signed. I think that makes a lot more sense than Brave potentially making an expensive deal just to have all or almost all of the talents walk afterwards.

The clippers earlier this year made the revelation that Fishman generates an instant 30k+ views to a video. Hell, if you look at my channel's most watched videos, the top row is entirely clips with Sakana.

Oh, come on. That can't possibly be--

sakana.png

Huh. Will have to be sure to do more clips with him when the chance presents itself.

Back on topic, Aviel posted this on LinkedIn a few days ago and it made me angry to find out about it. "My first exit…" Any benefit of the doubt that he wasn't operating Idol targeting a Silicon Valley-style buy-out rather than long-term sustainability has gone up in smoke.

exit.png

Negzana

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Back on topic, Aviel posted this on LinkedIn a few days ago and it made me angry to find out about it. "My first exit…" Any benefit of the doubt that he wasn't operating Idol targeting a Silicon Valley-style buy-out rather than long-term sustainability has gone up in smoke.

View attachment 75739You risk
If Aviel starts a second vtuber company, anyone that signs with it is a fool, to put it bluntly. Most of the benefits that talents want for being in a corpo won't be present - we've seen how Aviel didn't have enough management to support the talents and the lack of support for large projects that talents want. You risk having Aviel's shady business practices being attached to you like not paying bills, or not making and shipping merch. And we've see how Aviel treats talent leaving the company - that's going to be you if you later decide to leave.

Yeah, corpo spots are hard to find but I promise you a shitty corpo is worse than no corpo at all.

httn

Hag enthusiast

View attachment 75739
There is no way his buyout didnt come with a non-compete period. I assume we will eventually see that jew again but not for atleast a year.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

There is no way his buyout didnt come with a non-compete period. I assume we will eventually see that jew again but not for atleast a year.
Vtubing wasn't the first new media thing he'd tried. There was that whole esports and his own content stuff. He'll try something else. Expect it to have AI in the name.

Void Scribas

I have no idea if Meica's terms are the same as the Encore girls', but I know for the latter the exchange was being able to keep ownership of their IP in exchange for a longer term (assuming two years before re-negotiation rather than one). If that's the case I wouldn't be surprised if that's what caused her to bounce; we have no idea how Idol will look under Brave, and if shit goes down quickly then it really wouldn't be pleasant not being able to do anything about it for almost two years, especially since it'd be her personal IP under lock for that period so it'd be harder to multi-model drift like Coni/Menace.
As the one spic on this site that apparently has an eye on the ES indie vtubers.

Meica joined Idol ES keeping her intellectual rights. As stated in her official Lit.Link

1723514278022.png

That was the agreement with Idol, not with Brave

Also, another factor why she is bailing out, besides being afraid of Brave stealing her IP, is that Meica said that she wanted to finish school in Japan (she went to live in Paraguay with her father before she got the chance to graduate of Japanese high school) And wanted to lower the intensity of her vtubing career to be able to focus on that.

She said that she was going to stop treating vtubing as a "job". It makes sense she left after all if that is what she wanted, considering Brave would have expected more things of her, and would, perhaps, clash with her IRL plans.

Considering her experience with Wactor I don't blame her from escaping the JP corpo.

So there is that.

Kalion

:)
Also how the fuck does Brave "acquire" Idol when everyone just jumps ship? I wish we had a full explanation on how that works out money wise and what Brave gets out of buying a shell.
I'm obviously not privy to how it works in Japan or Isreal or anywhere else, but the one time I've been through a corporate buyout I had to sign and negotiate a new contract with the new company. The old contract did not simply transfer over. Of course, I also had the option to just not and effectively quit. I had it explained to me that the contract didn't have any language about "successors" and thus was no good under the new company.
But, I am not a lawyer and simply working off past experience so take this with a shaker worth of salt.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I'm obviously not privy to how it works in Japan or Isreal or anywhere else, but the one time I've been through a corporate buyout I had to sign and negotiate a new contract with the new company. The old contract did not simply transfer over. Of course, I also had the option to just not and effectively quit. I had it explained to me that the contract didn't have any language about "successors" and thus was no good under the new company.
But, I am not a lawyer and simply working off past experience so take this with a shaker worth of salt.
Old contract must have proper assignment clauses, if it's even legal in relevant jurisdiction. Or some general labor law legislation to prohibit rampant firings. Every single contract that doesn't have such things is dissolved at buyout, surviving clauses die.

RiverBear

1723526897643.png

Anyone know about this? I know her alt account is locked or something as posted here previously, but what did she post?

x Hades Stamps

httn

Hag enthusiast

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Idol store will be integrated into the Brave US store:
A
The process of getting them into the same logistics network is well underway, it seems.

Top Bottom