"Fuck you so hard, and your little waifu in the background"Hakos Baelz

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

JusticeDog

Does this count as part of the casualty list

x Hades Stamps

Speaking of YouTube, Susan Wojcicki just died from cancer.
Wait,, really??
Idol Corp’s Twitter account has posted this message from Momo Otako. She’s retiring the persona, specifically saying it’s not a graduation. I’m assuming a rebrand under a new name and model perhaps.
Hallelujah! She’s alive! Sad to see the Momo persona go, though.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Does this count as part of the casualty list
I would say it does. It's a graduation in all but name. The fact that they even changed her name on all accounts from "Momo Otako" to "idolRedacted" + purging the VODs indicates we won't be seeing "Momo Otako" ever again.

It's just a bit muddled because they explicitly say it's not a graduation, and it's a case where the "reincarnation" will happen within the same company. I don't think there's any precedent in EN VTubing where a talent re-debuts as a completely different persona, while purging all traces of the previous persona in the same company.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Cross posting from the General Thread:

Idol Corp’s Twitter account has posted this message from Momo Otako. She’s retiring the persona, specifically saying it’s not a graduation. I’m assuming a rebrand under a new name and model perhaps.

"not a graduation" that's literally what a graduation is though, the character dies and you get a new one.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
"not a graduation" that's literally what a graduation is though, the character dies and you get a new one.
I wonder if it's more of a soft redesign like Yuri had under Phase than a complete redesign. The way it's being handled is definitely odd.

I hope to god the new design doesn't have any of the gross tentacle shit.

Wixoyu

I would say it does. It's a graduation in all but name. The fact that they even changed her name on all accounts from "Momo Otako" to "idolRedacted" + purging the VODs indicates we won't be seeing "Momo Otako" ever again.

It's just a bit muddled because they explicitly say it's not a graduation, and it's a case where the "reincarnation" will happen within the same company. I don't think there's any precedent in EN VTubing where a talent re-debuts as a completely different persona, while purging all traces of the previous persona in the same company.
They did the same for Katta and Nikki when they switched from HE to EN. To my very limited knowledge this is the first time a corpo has done a drastic redesign, but I'm glad for her fans that she herself will continue.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I wonder if it's more of a soft redesign like Yuri had under Phase than a complete redesign. The way it's being handled is definitely odd.

I hope to god the new design doesn't have any of the gross tentacle shit.
Nah I think she and/or aviel are just playing semantics and trying to make it seem like it isn't something which such negative connotations. Even when dying Idol still refuses to admit it's no better than the rest of the industry.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Unless Lisa sold her IP rights to Idol as the cost of getting in, Brave wouldn't have any claim to the rights. For most Idol talents, their IPs were created by, and therefore property of, Idol, and its successor Brave would inherit those rights. Lisa might have to give up her new model, but would retain the rights to the underlying character and previous model (again, presuming she didn't sign them away).

Archive

Archive

lol, this merch is never happening

I was just thinking about the time he made a big deal about them opening up international distribution centres to speed up shipping. The guy really doesn't plan any further than the announcement for things, huh.
Let's get this straight: Brave has bought a vtuber company that won't have its top performers and also bought the right to refund all of that company's unshipped merch.

Fucking lol.
I remember when Idol was announced I assumed the Jewcorp was a scam, over 2022-2023 I then actually thought it was a legit company holding its own. Then I thought it was a decent company just with some bad egg talents. It appears the corpo was a trainwreck the whole time?
At this point, I'm genuinely impressed by how much Aviel was able to scam everyone involved:
-Talents had no talent manager
-Fans never got their merch and there was likely no warehouse for distribution
-Brave bought a vtuber company where the top performers leave immediately and are now responsible for the merch
This man fucked over everyone. I can't even be mad, well done Aviel, well done.

I'm not optimistic that she didn't fuck herself doubly so by both being mutually autistic with the Fish/Pippa/Phase over communicating, and then everything with Idol (which was being finalized as another tendril of Brave by the time she joined up).

The other shoe will drop with Brave at some point and who knows what the finer details of the Idol contract side looks like (a Byzantine legal framework with potential loopholes/obfuscated punitive or enforcement clauses). Even if that carries forward, renegotiations will happen eventually and Idol being broke at the time of sale does little to assuage any worries about what the cost then and in the future will be.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

I'm not optimistic that she didn't fuck herself doubly so by both being mutually autistic with the Fish/Pippa/Phase over communicating, and then everything with Idol (which was being finalized as another tendril of Brave by the time she joined up).

The other shoe will drop with Brave at some point and who knows what the finer details of the Idol contract side looks like (a Byzantine legal framework with potential loopholes/obfuscated punitive or enforcement clauses). Even if that carries forward, renegotiations will happen eventually and Idol being broke at the time of sale does little to assuage any worries about what the cost then and in the future will be.
Don't worry she's a cursed object and brave will be bankrupt in the near future with her track record.

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
That always struck me as strange, at least how she worded it. She mentioned not being contacted by Sakana, so did she never even apply to Phase Invaders? It's not like Phase can magically know she was looking for another company.

Unless she was turned off by Phase Beggars and was too polite to say it.

Clown Penis

Early Adopter
That always struck me as strange, at least how she worded it. She mentioned not being contacted by Sakana, so did she never even apply to Phase Invaders? It's not like Phase can magically know she was looking for another company.

Unless she was turned off by Phase Beggars and was too polite to say it.
I think it was generally assumed (here anyway) 50:50 of both column A and B.

The memes aside, Fishman seems like a good guy and he even publicly asked that the uh.. overly "enthusiastic" begging stop. I'm sure that put young, emotional, and kinda retarded women off coming on the heels of Tsunderia's death. He probably didn't want to even give the impression of pressuring Lisa, especially in light of that (also her being someone Pippa and several other girls care about, as he does for all his surrogate daughters).

I guess it's ultimately conjecture and rrats, but seeing as how many survivors of Tsunderia have made their way into Phase in one form or another, Lisa is literally the most inoffensive thing (she is the EN Watame..) and I cannot imagine there would be any real bad blood between anyone on either side. I choose to believe it's literally as retarded as mutual autistic awkwardness and overt sensitivity (especially given how bad 2023 was for her) being the biggest factor. Even Pippa commented when they had an on-stream moment when her joining Idol became public months back, that she kinda worried Lisa was going to an hero from how bad things had become for her over a prolonged period.

Either way, Lisa has decided to hitch her horse on the opportunities Brave can offer, so there's not much else to do except hope it works out for her finally. I'd like to think if it doesn't, and she doesn't just DFE and disappear (or an hero), maybe next time Fishman might just do a Fishman and message her "hey" or something instead of there being interest on both parties but them being too autistic and polite about initiating.

Last edited:

Negzana

I always felt Sakana was honest about his intentions. He never bragged about Phase Connect's superiority and in fact all his public appearances have shown him as autistically honest as possible with absolutely no pandering or weasle words. The dumb shit he says on stream actually makes him look better than Aviel.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
I always felt Sakana was honest about his intentions. He never bragged about Phase Connect's superiority and in fact all his public appearances have shown him as autistically honest as possible with absolutely no pandering or weasle words. The dumb shit he says on stream actually makes him look better than Aviel.
In terms of vtuber heads, we have:
YAGOO >>> Sakana > Gunrun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aviel > Harry of Nexas > Every other black Vtuber corpo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Riku Tazumi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
CEO of WACTOR

Clown Penis

Early Adopter
The dumb shit he says on stream actually makes him look better than Aviel.
I mean, I would say founding a legitimate and successful company in a saturated, new entertainment genre where organization lifespans might be unironically measured in a year (or less) vs. a scam on every fucking level is what made him look better.

The retarded and autistic moments/stories just make him likable. The TRANSPARENCY just make Aviel a Jew.

:fishfry:

You don't like it when the whore keeps whispering "transparency" into your ear while she's gently lifting your wallet out of your trouser pocket for herself?
Well.. that's not my wallet.

That's in my other pocket. I know the Jewish tricks.

:smugrys:

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I mean, I would say founding a legitimate and successful company in a saturated, new entertainment genre where organization lifespans might be unironically measured in a year (or less) vs. a scam on every fucking level is what made him look better.

The retarded and autistic moments/stories just make him likable. The TRANSPARENCY just make Aviel a Jew.

:fishfry:
You don't like it when the whore keeps whispering "transparency" into your ear while she's gently lifting your wallet out of your trouser pocket for herself?

Kalion

:)
Why would Sakana want Lisa? She's a great singer, sure, but she also streams twice a month. Put your money towards someone who's going to make you money.

God's Strongest Dragoon

In terms of vtuber heads, we have:
YAGOO >>> Sakana > Gunrun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aviel > Harry of Nexas > Every other black Vtuber corpo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Riku Tazumi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
CEO of WACTOR
Going to need to put Sakana a bit higher than Gunrun. Whenever Sakana shows up on a stream to bully one of the girls, that's a free $20 to all of the clippers.

Clown Penis

Early Adopter
Going to need to put Sakana a bit higher than Gunrun. Whenever Sakana shows up on a stream to bully one of the girls, that's a free $20 to all of the clippers.
Jelly on the couch being bullied daily by Fishman, surrounded by clippers?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Jelly on the couch being bullied daily by Fishman, surrounded by clippers?
The clippers earlier this year made the revelation that Fishman generates an instant 30k+ views to a video. Hell, if you look at my channel's most watched videos, the top row is entirely clips with Sakana.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
The clippers earlier this year made the revelation that Fishman generates an instant 30k+ views to a video. Hell, if you look at my channel's most watched videos, the top row is entirely clips with Sakana.
So what you are saying is Kevin is the best girl

Top Bottom