"What does the Sui Sei?"IRyS

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

God's Strongest Dragoon

So what you are saying is Kevin is the best girl
magical%20girl%20sakana%20(by%20Luuna%20Mi).png

Stunned But Dumb

Every phase clipper when their oshi Sakana appears on stream

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
So male on stream is good and based?

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Helkar

Why would Sakana want Lisa? She's a great singer, sure, but she also streams twice a month. Put your money towards someone who's going to make you money.
Saya, IIRC, was extremely inconsistent with regular streaming before getting hired by Phase, didn't stop her getting into gen3, where extreme inconsistency promptly continued.
As for Lisa, that could've just been a timing issue, as we don't know(or at least i don't recall anything on that) when exactly she decided to try joining an agency again.

Lisa signing off her IP to Brave would be kinda iffy, but eh, for now their record is decent enough to not think they'll implode in a year or something.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
While Lisa did not apply for Phase Invaders or Gen 3, there are a multitude of reasons why Lisa might not have been considered by Phase on their end for a potential scouted talent. They might have felt her appeal and content would be too similar to other existing Phase talents, and didn't want to infringe on that. They might have been looking for people with secondary talents that Lisa doesn't have. They might have felt that other talents would have better inter-group chemistry. There's many, many different aspects to a talent being added to a gen and Phase Connect has to sift through several thousand entries to find the right candidates. Lisa not being one of those candidates is in no way an insult to her as a streamer or her abilities, and had circumstances been even slightly different, she might well have been scouted by Phase Connect.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Or the Phase Beggars chased her away, if i knew a corp had fans like that why would i want to join it. Similar to how the Sisters reputation might keep people from applying to Niji.

Bronze

As for Lisa, that could've just been a timing issue, as we don't know(or at least i don't recall anything on that) when exactly she decided to try joining an agency again.
Gen3 + invaders auditions opened at the end of september 2022 iirc.
Tsunderia officially imploded in Jan 2023, which turned Lisa into an indie.

One of the invaders was staff, Ember's her close friend. Assuming they were guaranteed, we are left with Jelly. I don't remember if she ever said when she passed the auditions, but she said she talked with Lumi about being interested. It is plausible that Jelly got in before Lisa even thought about applying. And once you have Jelly, and eventually Eimi, Lisa's additonal skills she brings isn't as valuable as it was before.
Or the Phase Beggars chased her away, if i knew a corp had fans like that why would i want to join it. Similar to how the Sisters reputation might keep people from applying to Niji.
Sisters harass their own talents, which is why you don't want to deal with them. Rosemi, Zaion, Nina, Selen's experiences with them is significantly worse than Kiara's or Zen's. Unless you are a dramafag, sisters are a non issue for non Niji talents. You just ignore them and they ignore you. They dislike others for reasons too ("phase does AI" guy) but they don't act on it so its negligible
E: Don't forget you are forced by your own company to apologize to them as well if you ever defend yourself like Scarle did

Last edited:

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Lisa signing off her IP to Brave would be kinda iffy, but eh, for now their record is decent enough to not think they'll implode in a year or something.
I swear I remember Lisa explicitly stating in a stream that she retained the Lisa IP when she signed onto Idol, which I would think means that Brave didn't get it either - I've been looking for this quote off and on for about a week now but I can't seem to find it.

Helkar

Lisa not being one of those candidates is in no way an insult to her as a streamer or her abilities
Well, yes, obviously, don't think anyone here implied that. Lisa's case is interesting because she's the most notable exception of "post-implosion Tsunderia into Phase" pipeline.

Also Idol is so interesting and compelling that its thread can't help but turn into Phase recruitment discussion.

Bringing things back on topic, i am almost entirely unfamiliar with the leaving talents - are all the girls who've chosen to leave gonna be fine as indies?

e:
I swear I remember Lisa explicitly stating in a stream that she retained the Lisa IP when she signed onto Idol, which I would think means that Brave didn't get it either
I also recall that both she and Tonya retained ownership of their IPs under Idol contracts. The issue here is that all the remaining talents would have to sign new, Brave-issued contracts, which we know nothing about.

Bronze

I swear I remember Lisa explicitly stating in a stream that she retained the Lisa IP when she signed onto Idol, which I would think means that Brave didn't get it either - I've been looking for this quote off and on for about a week now but I can't seem to find it.
Aviel himself said it.

Well, yes, obviously, don't think anyone here implied that. Lisa's case is interesting because she's the most notable exception of "post-implosion Tsunderia into Phase" pipeline.

Also Idol is so interesting and compelling that its thread can't help but turn into Phase recruitment discussion.

Bringing things back on topic, i am almost entirely unfamiliar with the leaving talents - are all the girls who've chosen to leave gonna be fine as indies?
Katta has not much reason to stay, and I think everyone else would be fine. Meica was already on her own before joining iirc. Juna and Rin should be fine. Fuyo has different plans for her IP

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
Aviel himself said it.

The thing is we can’t say for certain that Brave will uphold Aviel’s contract to let talents like Lisa and Tonya keep their IP if they leave the company. We’re only assuming the new contract is at the very least the same (in spirit) or if not, better (hopefully).

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Why would Sakana want Lisa? She's a great singer, sure, but she also streams twice a month. Put your money towards someone who's going to make you money.
*looks at Saya*
*looks at Remi*
*looks at Erina*

They might have been looking for people with secondary talents that Lisa doesn't have.
*GLARES AT HINA*

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Top Bottom