"Oh my god is that fucking... is that fucking... ah is that fucking Austin Powers!!? (while watching Rick Moranis in Ghostbusters)"Yuko Yurei

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

God's Strongest Dragoon

@The Proctor Congrats on getting to fill out your casualty list

RiverBear

I have a chance to ask a former talent questions about Idol. I'd like to know if anyone here has suggestions or things they'd like commentary on.

Serious questions only; I'm trying to take advantage of a rare and valuable opportunity, not waste time with memes or jokes.
idk if I'm late, but I'm hoping if you can still ask

Is there a purpose for Idol having like 50% loli Vtubers, like did Aviel hope that it would get the coomer crowd or was it all just a coincidence.

This isn't a joke, I'm 100% serious

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Where did you get this from?
Idol went under Brave US, which is registered and have office in commiefornia - worker's contract paradise. Which is still probably less restrictive than EU protoections.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
idk if I'm late, but I'm hoping if you can still ask

Is there a purpose for Idol having like 50% loli Vtubers, like did Aviel hope that it would get the coomer crowd or was it all just a coincidence.

This isn't a joke, I'm 100% serious
Might not have been Aviel's decision, he was very hands off in regards to talents taking over their designs and women seem to LOVE having Loli pedo-bait avatars

God's Strongest Dragoon

Bronze

I wonder if EN 3 girl will be revealed to us via the miracle of twitter algorithm

Rin Penrose Explains why she's going Indie

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Rin's announcement video summary:
  • Restated the announcement, graduating November 24th.
  • Complimented Brave on letting the girls keep their IPs with no charge.
  • Actually submitted her graduation back in June before the Brave acquisition.
  • Was having problems with Idol for a year or so.
  • Stayed because she didn't want to leave her channel (and 700k subs) behind, but even that wasn't enough by that point
  • No issue with talents or management, had multiple talks with talents about how to move forward
  • Especially shouted out Lani, the current Talent Manager of Idol
  • Her main issues were with how Idol was handled BEFORE Brave came in
  • Will still be working with Brave until graduation and looking forward to it.
  • If the acquisition happened sooner, she maybe would have stayed.
  • Realized she's just not cut out for any agency cause of multiple reasons. Stuff like how she prefers to keep to herself more often and how the "adult" side of the industry got to her mental
  • Will be an indie with a personal manager. Doesn't have a manager yet but she'll be looking.
  • Spoke highly of Idol and vtuber agencies and still sticks by those points. Even recommended Idol or V4Mirai if you think about applying to a corpo
  • Not sure what she plans to do after November but she won't be graduating.
  • No collab ban between talents that leave and talents that stay
  • Happy with the connections she's made, how her perspective has changed and her numbers over these 2 years, so she is grateful to Idol.
Just realized ALL of EN Gen 1 has left and Nikki is the only one remaining from the HE girls. Jesus christ.

Edit: From the stream happening now. I'll edit as it goes along:

• She specified that it was a lot of small issues that built up over the course of her time in Idol.
  • These issues really ramped up at the beginning of this year, but it wasn't any one problem that really pushed her to make her choice.
  • The Brave acquisition would actually have fixed all the issues she had but she made her decision by that point.
  • Most of her fans guessed she would have stayed from how much she complimented Brave. She was just laughing at them for the past week.
  • Not sure about her clip channel as it was something that belonged to Idol. Thinks she'll be able to keep it but paying for it out of pocket might be a struggle.
  • Taking advantage of her contract lasting until November. Went to Lani and requested a bunch of covers. All of them got approved cause Brave budget.
  • Has no plans to go corpo again any time soon but if she did, she would likely go to Brave again.
  • She does want to get 3D at some point but it's not a priority now.

Last edited:

Punished Lurker

EDIT: Rin video, haven't watched it yet 'cause Phase collab, feel free to tl;dr if you want.

Rin stream soon:

I almost never watch Rin so I always forget how funny she can be, honestly a great TLDR video I recommend everyone to watch.
Edit:Also besides what Shuba Saber said, Rin may focus more on edited content in her future. She also wants to get to 1 million subscribers before she leaves Idol
Rin said in that video she was ready to graduate in June and had problems with Idol for ~5 months.
Wait was it 5 months? I thought she said a year but it's probable I misheard

Ballpark_Look

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Neo Sparkles getting murdered live was my first graduation. That shit sucks. I just want Lisa to be happy.
:depressedtako:

JusticeDog

Well the Gen 2 girls getting a free trip to California (and not also Gen 1) makes sense now. Pretty obvious in retrospect all of Gen 1 was leaving lmao.
The announcement also says everyone who stays will be getting 3D (eventually), maybe that's part of the reason they went over there.
:gurastress:
Edit: Will Momo start streaming again? She didn't take the chance to leave and hasn't streamed in 3-4 months. She might have been in a similar spot as Rin with Idol.

Last edited:

Bronze

Neo Sparkles getting murdered live was my first graduation. That shit sucks. I just want Lisa to be happy.
:depressedtako:
She'll get 3D and will be able to sing/dance with her genmates/v4mirai girls. Sounds good on paper at least

God's Strongest Dragoon

Well the Gen 2 girls getting a free trip to California (and not also Gen 1) makes sense now. Pretty obvious in retrospect all of Gen 1 was leaving lmao.
The announcement also says everyone who stays will be getting 3D (eventually), maybe that's part of the reason they went over there.
>the all loli gen gets 3D models
>we miss out on Juna getting a 3D model

:yagoocry:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Ironically the truly transparent one wasn't Aviel, it was Rin.

silentcouch

Edit: Will Momo start streaming again? She didn't take the chance to leave and hasn't streamed in 3-4 months. She might have been in a similar spot as Rin with Idol.
their trip to california was funded by their own funds and/or part of their donothon goals. It wasn't paid for by the corpo specifically, idk where that info is coming from. They did happen to meet some Brave members during the trip/had a "company dinner". Momo has been dealing with recovery from her surgeries and catching up with her uni stuff that she missed due to that. She has been pretty absent but was part of the endless trip, she ended up with covid, some of the others had some sickness too but I'd imagine momo's immune system is right shit due to surgeries and possible meds associated with it. As for when she returns to streaming, everyone is still out of the loop on that.

edit: It seems Fuyo took her IP to make sure she still has access to it, and will continue to do some things (max 3 streams a week) as Fuyo but seems to be hinting at not using Fuyo as much during the duration where the "revenue share" agreement for taking the IP is in place. I'd imagine she will use her PL more as time goes and keep Fuyo as a side character she can use when it makes sense for her.

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Was just listening to Fuyo talk about everything. It was pretty interesting:

She started with "I'll be talking as the person behind Fuyo."
  • Fans have probably noticed she's been stressed and all over the place for months now. Apologized for keeping everything from them but it was all related to this stuff. Feels like a massive relief finally getting to talk about it. Hadn't streamed in a month because she really took the time to think about it
  • If she had stayed, Brave would have kept the Fuyo IP, which matters most to her. The memories and experience she got as Fuyo are something she didn't want to lose. "Fuyo" and her fans will always have a place in her heart.
  • Despite the above, she won't be streaming as Fuyo after graduation
  • The main reason she wants to keep the IP is cause she'll continue using it afterwards. Stuff like art, videos, lore stuff, animations, game stuff, merch or other projects, she'll be doing as Fuyo. Has a clear plan moving forward.
  • Was worried the fans would be angry that Fuyo would be relegated to project stuff.
  • Will be streaming elsewhere but can't give that information just yet due to legal stuff.
  • Will also stay on Youtube, decided she doesn't like Twitch. Also doesn't plan to juggle multiple IPs.
  • Loved the safety of being in a corpo, but chose what was best for her long-term. Getting 3D ASAP would have been nice but it wasn't a priority.
  • Has the experience and resources to do stuff like cons and 3D on her own, so not much reason to remain with Idol. Numbers are not a priority, just the ability to do cool stuff.
  • One of the biggest corpo appeals was having genmates, but all of hers will be gone.
  • Likely won't apply to another corpo. There were a lot of hurtful moments with Idol but a lot of happy ones too, so she doesn't regret being scouted.
  • Similar to what Rin said, it was an amicable leave and there will be no collab ban. Overall feels neutral about Brave. Would have loved working together but the circumstances would have to be completely different. She mainly hopes they'll take care of her friends and make their dreams come true.
  • Not sure about getting a manager yet. She would have to hire someone she really trusts.
  • For the rest of her time in Idol, gonna push for collabs with anyone she hasn't yet and finishing her remaining donothon goals. Will be streaming less overall until post graduation.
It was a little confusing honestly but she was confident in what she's gonna do. Seems like "Fuyo" will be a character to use for content while she continues streaming as Minty. Kinda weird but I hope it works for her.

RiverBear

• The Brave acquisition would actually have fixed all the issues she had but she made her decision by that point.
Wait, I don't get it. If Brave's infinite pockets would fix all of the problems, why is she still leaving?

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Rin's announcement video summary:
  • Actually submitted her graduation back in June before the Brave acquisition.
  • Was having problems with Idol for a year or so.
  • Stayed because she didn't want to leave her channel (and 700k subs) behind, but even that wasn't enough by that point
  • No issue with talents or management, had multiple talks with talents about how to move forward
  • Especially shouted out Lani, the current Talent Manager of Idol
  • Her main issues were with how Idol was handled BEFORE Brave came in
  • Will still be working with Brave until graduation and looking forward to it.
  • If the acquisition happened sooner, she maybe would have stayed.
Interesting bit here is that if the problems were springing up before Brave, it would mostly overlap with the time Tomer (Aviel's effective #2 who got fired for the Riro Ron incident) was still around. Afterwards there was a bit of a reshuffle with a new COO and some new managers on-boarded. Just what was going on there?

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Finally, Brave can send me my acrylic stands :annoyedpippa:

Top Bottom