"I'm a 6 foot 5 black guy"Pipkin Pippa

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Yikes! As someone who knew her as Menace, well…
Could you elaborate on your experiences with her?
I'm trying to draft a profile but her behavior is so esoteric since she dropped Megbert that I don't feel there's a standard unless I assume she is so stupid her own brain isn't capable of following routines.
I talked to other people who worked and engaged with her frequently back in the day and the answers are all over the place, from dumb with good heart to snob cunt and so on. Perhaps it was a point of timing rather personality because she had her lows going around.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'm trying to draft a profile but her behavior is so esoteric since she dropped Megbert that I don't feel there's a standard unless I assume she is so stupid her own brain isn't capable of following routines.
I talked to other people who worked and engaged with her frequently back in the day and the answers are all over the place, from dumb with good heart to snob cunt and so on. Perhaps it was a point of timing rather personality because she had her lows going around.
not who you asked and based off fuck nothing. but i think menace's most defining attribute is being a social chameleon it at least explains why she seems to be a different person depending on her environment .

Void Scribas

I think Menace wants the Coni brand to be the SFW space and the Menace one to be more "spicy". She said that she is planning to do some IRL things with the Menace account, not showing her face, but showing more of her body. I don't know how far she will go with that, perhaps it will be like SquChan does who likes to show her legs in streams and that's all, or in the more horny case she is going to do what Bao is planning to do and do a Fansly stream.

Now Fuyo,..... yeah I don't really get her endgame here of stopping livestreaming with Fuyo and do more other types of content post-graduation

x Hades Stamps

Basically, it’s a miracle she’s able to manage her indie life.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Basically, it’s a miracle she’s able to manage her indie life.
Quit vagueposting you ubertwat. Spill the beans! How much of a girlfailure is she?

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Out of curiosity, I went back into the old general to find the oldest post relating to Idol corp. This is it, a post about E-Sekai's debut dated November 6, 2022. And in exactly 2 years since that announcement, E-Sekai will have completely graduated from Idol. Idol's biggest generation, the one that really put them on the map and made them a big fish in the small corpo pond, dead and gone in just 2 years. What a world :depressedtako:

Anyways, I'm glad I called Rin and Lisa correctly, easy to predict as their actions were. It's interesting to know how long Rin was having issues with the company, just goes to show how professional and mature she is (and how unprofessional some of her fellow genmates were) that she managed to keep those grievances unaired for about a year. I'm a little disappointed to have not called Katta leaving, it's very obvious in hindsight, but I don't think I knew at the time that Aviel was leaving Idol as well. I'm also a little disappointed Coni decided to stay, I don't know why she's so attached to that character when she's clearly building up Menace at the same time; if there was ever a good time to shake off the corpo shackles and go all in on your indie persona, wouldn't it be now? At least the upside is that Endless is fully intact (assuming Momo hasn't died in the middle of typing this post), which Brave is going to need if they want Idol to survive. I predict the company is going to struggle a lot with its identity going forward, not just because of the loss of their entire first gen (although that is still a huge blow), but the recent controversies have kind of torpedoed Idol's friendly and positive reputation in the industry. It's going to be difficult to gush about "talent freedom" and "revolutionizing the industry" and all when you refuse to pay your clippers, and, again, your entire first gen walked out on you over the course of a year (not to mention all but one of Origin is gone, poor Nikki). I hope they pull through for the sake of people like Lisa and Coni, but it's going to be a rough transition, to say the least.

Also get fucked Yuko and Pochi, a few more months in the trenches and you could've gotten out scot-free with your IP intact and no damage to your reputations :whatastory:

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
If she had stayed, Brave would have kept the Fuyo IP, which matters most to her.
If this applies to all the talents staying... goddammit Lisa I hope you know what you're doing.

Despite the above, she won't be streaming as Fuyo after graduation
Now Fuyo,..... yeah I don't really get her endgame here of stopping livestreaming with Fuyo and do more other types of content post-graduation
In unrelated news, dead points potentially BACK on the menu!

closedblas

Brave suits are really sad now. And don't forget that they have to abide by commiefornian labor laws now too. So either they pay full salaries, taxes and insurances (and talents can unilaterally leave whenever), or everyone can continue to stream on PL all they want.
....jesus christ, do you think streamers are actual employees? next you're gonna ask if Brave is going to rollover their 401k's.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
....jesus christ, do you think streamers are actual employees? next you're gonna ask if Brave is going to rollover their 401k's.
Well, it they are "independent contractors" and not full employees, Brave will be unable to ask for exclusivity. i.e. Menace will be able to freely sell her own merch, sign with her own sponsors and even whole another corpo or two.

x Hades Stamps

Well, it they are "independent contractors" and not full employees, Brave will be unable to ask for exclusivity. i.e. Menace will be able to freely sell her own merch, sign with her own sponsors and even whole another corpo or two.
I won’t comment on double-dipping in corpo-land (other than my next sentence), but it is nice to allow them to continue their indie activities as normal, and it would be better in this case as they were allowed to before. Double-dipping in corpo-land, however, even not caring about the company at all, does have objective problems.

Last edited:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I won’t comment on double-dipping in corpo-land, but it is nice to allow them to continue their indie activities as normal, and it would be better in this case as they were allowed to before. Double-dipping in corpo-land, however, even not caring about the company at all, does have objective problems.
Actively maintaining more than one media identity have objective problems, it's the case where 1>1+n, and this is the main reason why barely anyone attempted it. But trying to save cost by not doing exclusivity properly puts corpo in a losing position. Especially in such jurisdictions as cali, where labor board have a ton of power. Some talent goes into malicious compliance mode and corpo can only breach their own contract by terminating it without any legit reason. Possibly even paying some concession for terminating it. Ouch. It's cost-risk-benefit situation, risk is low-ish so corpos fuck around with contract misrepresentation, the fines for which are kinda low btw.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
If this applies to all the talents staying... goddammit Lisa I hope you know what you're doing.
Unless Lisa sold her IP rights to Idol as the cost of getting in, Brave wouldn't have any claim to the rights. For most Idol talents, their IPs were created by, and therefore property of, Idol, and its successor Brave would inherit those rights. Lisa might have to give up her new model, but would retain the rights to the underlying character and previous model (again, presuming she didn't sign them away).

God's Strongest Dragoon

Coni and Poko both have mentioned that before Lani joined, they were basically without talent management. Interesting way to cut overhead by having literally no management.
>no actual talent management
This really was Cyberlive 2.0, all that was missing was one of the talents stepping up and becoming a manager.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Archive

1723158352422.png

Archive

lol, this merch is never happening

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
"manufacture"

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, holy hell was the warehouse thing a giant lie. Get fucked Aviel I hope you piss off some real gangstas with your next scam
I was just thinking about the time he made a big deal about them opening up international distribution centres to speed up shipping. The guy really doesn't plan any further than the announcement for things, huh.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Let's get this straight: Brave has bought a vtuber company that won't have its top performers and also bought the right to refund all of that company's unshipped merch.

Fucking lol.

Negzana

I remember when Idol was announced I assumed the Jewcorp was a scam, over 2022-2023 I then actually thought it was a legit company holding its own. Then I thought it was a decent company just with some bad egg talents. It appears the corpo was a trainwreck the whole time?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Let's get this straight: Brave has bought a vtuber company that won't have its top performers and also bought the right to refund all of Aviel's unshipped merch.

Fucking lol.
At this point, I'm genuinely impressed by how much Aviel was able to scam everyone involved:
-Talents had no talent manager
-Fans never got their merch and there was likely no warehouse for distribution
-Brave bought a vtuber company where the top performers leave immediately and are now responsible for the merch
This man fucked over everyone. I can't even be mad, well done Aviel, well done.

Top Bottom