"Clara is a goddamn cartoon character in real life!"Pipkin Pippa

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

x Hades Stamps

One of those five I’m surprised about, one I’m not, and the other three I don’t know enough about.
or everyone can continue to stream on PL all they want.
Which would be no change from previously.
Rin said in that video she was ready to graduate in June and had problems with Idol for 1 year.
E: Corrected 5 months to one year
Oh, wow.
It was a little confusing honestly but she was confident in what she's gonna do. Seems like "Fuyo" will be a character to use for content while she continues streaming as Minty. Kinda weird but I hope it works for her.
Honestly not a bad idea. There’s someone from the Power Failure I wish had done that.

Last edited:

UberSoldat

🔢 time:

Nikki: 29.8k
Roca: 70k
Poko: 51.6k
Kai: 64.8k
Coni: 58.4k
Momo: 41.5k
Enya: 27.3k
Tonya: 89k
Lisa: 46.5k
Koa: 24.4k
Ruby: 19.8k
Lalabell: 17.7k
Taiga: 16.9k

That's right, after losing the powerhouse that was Rin, Tonya is now the leading member of the agency, Roca if you don't want to count pre-existing talents. Say what you want about the Shorts meta, it was still bringing attention to her and, by extension, her peers. These exits are a massive loss for Idol, and the new management has the monumental, but not impossible, task of revitalizing the agency now.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
🔢 time:

That's right, after losing the powerhouse that was Rin, Tonya is now the leading member of the agency, Roca if you don't want to count pre-existing talents. Say what you want about the Shorts meta, it was still bringing attention to her and, by extension, her peers. These exits are a massive loss for Idol, and the new management has the monumental, but not impossible, task of revitalizing the agency now.
Tonya doesn't really count since they're mostly deadsubs from her Litmedia days:
tonya subs.PNGtonya subs2.PNG
I would say Roca has the strongest active following among the remaining girls, but she also suffers a bit from the VSinger debuff in terms of subs-to-CCV. I really hope she makes good use of the Brave connection to put out more music.

ENdless is going to be the foundation of the New Idol™.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I don't mean this as a knock against any of the girls who're staying, but what's left of Idol really has no sense of identity now. Katta, Rin, Juna, and Fuyo are probably the most immediately recognisable faces of the company for most people because of their tenure, and the fact the biggest channel without them is a talent they just recently VShojo'd in only illustrates the issue further.

If Brave want to unfuck this the best thing they could probably do is push the EN2 girls as much as they can since they seem like a fairly consistent, complete unit, letting their success trickle down to the other talents through collabs etc. over time. What Brave will probably actually do is let them stagnate for a year with maybe one or two 3D events as a token effort, then merge them together with one or more of the other small corpos they own and make the problem worse.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
🔢 time:

Fell free to call me a dumbass if i am missing something big, but i don't think Rin was as valuable in comparison to the rest of Idol as you all are saying. In actual money that is, which ultimately is what corpos care about.

Compare Rin's total Superchat to Kai's ( i randomly picked one of the ones who stayed). Rin has made $60,084 in the 627 days since her debut, Kai has made $24,977 in the 421 days since debut. That is $95.83 per day compared to $59.32 per day. Rin makes more per day yes but only $36 more per day, and the difference in subs is 681,200. Rin is the most valuable talent Idol had, but i don't thing she was that much more valuable than the rest, the Shorts subs are empty subs. I know things like merch and memberships aren't included in this total, but i have no reason to suspect that a shorts subscriber is any more likely to buy merch or member than they are to superchat. Feel free to tell me why i'm a dumbass now.

RinSCTotal.jpg

KaiSCTotal.jpg

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Fell free to call me a dumbass if i am missing something big, but i don't think Rin was as valuable in comparison to the rest of Idol as you all are saying. In actual money that is, which ultimately is what corpos care about.

Compare Rin's total Superchat to Kai's ( i randomly picked one of the ones who stayed). Rin has made $60,084 in the 627 days since her debut, Kai has made $24,977 in the 421 days since debut. That is $95.83 per day compared to $59.32 per day. Rin makes more per day yes but only $36 more per day, and the difference in subs is 681,200. Rin is the most valuable talent Idol had, but i don't thing she was that much more valuable than the rest, the Shorts subs are empty subs. I know things like merch and memberships aren't included in this total, but i have no reason to suspect that a shorts subscriber is any more likely to buy merch or member than they are to superchat. Feel free to tell me why i'm a dumbass now.

View attachment 75477

View attachment 75479
She has a very unique appeal which tends to be more valuable long-term, since while the Shorts subs are dead and buried, the audience who are there for people like that tend to be in for the long-haul. That's the kind of audience who buy merch and stick around for new experimental projects.

Her day-to-day figures might not be huge, but they're missing out on an incredibly consistent personality without her.

x Hades Stamps

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
The majority is staying, but the five who leave are a very large chunk of Idol's identity.

It must surely be tempting to split Idol between Globie and V4Mirei (e.g. toss Roca and Lisa into the latter).

Meica is also funny. Not exactly a long stay in Idol.
Rin said in that video she was ready to graduate in June and had problems with Idol for 1 year.
E: Corrected 5 months to one year
I'll give her her exceptional professionalism. She kept completely and utterly quiet about these things until after the fact.

Also I don't believe her about how great Brave is. If she was serious about it, she'd have nix'd her graduation. She's blatantly carrying water for the ones who choose to stay, just like she was carrying water for Idol for the past year of "Having Problems with Idol" but not saying a single word about it.

A great pickup for any agency courtesy of her professionalism, yet that very professionalism renders her endorsement roughly as valuable as a Raid: Shadow Legends shill blurb at the start of a youtube video.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Wait, I don't get it. If Brave's infinite pockets would fix all of the problems, why is she still leaving?
Realized she's just not cut out for any agency cause of multiple reasons. Stuff like how she prefers to keep to herself more often and how the "adult" side of the industry got to her mental

Interesting bit here is that if the problems were springing up before Brave, it would mostly overlap with the time Tomer (Aviel's effective #2 who got fired for the Riro Ron incident) was still around. Afterwards there was a bit of a reshuffle with a new COO and some new managers on-boarded. Just what was going on there?
Even before the Riro and Tomer stuff happened, they were having issues with donothon goals and merch. From what Rin said, it was a lot of small issues that got worse as time went on, presumably after the Riro stuff. The internal reshuffling and new management probably didn't do much to ease her concerns, then Yuko and Pochi left afterwards. Seems like the company was barely floating until Lani came in as the new Talent Manager during spring. From what everyone has said about her, she was basically the duct tape that kept the company together until the Brave acquisition was finalized.

View attachment 75477

View attachment 75479
Besides what Hff said about her appeal and audience, this doesn't include 2 important things:

1. Rin and the rest of Idol have always used streamelement donations more than superchats. Just showing superchats doesn't really mean anything for any of them.
2. Rin started dual-streaming on Twitch earlier this year. So there's Twitch CCV and donations to include as well.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Even before the Riro and Tomer stuff happened, they were having issues with donothon goals and merch. From what Rin said, it was a lot of small issues that got worse as time went on, presumably after the Riro stuff. The internal reshuffling and new management probably didn't do much to ease her concerns, then Yuko and Pochi left afterwards. Seems like the company was barely floating until Lani came in as the new Talent Manager during spring. From what everyone has said about her, she was basically the duct tape that kept the company together until the Brave acquisition was finalized.

Besides what Hff said about her appeal and audience, this doesn't include 2 important things:

1. Rin and the rest of Idol have always used streamelement donations more than superchats. Just showing superchats doesn't really mean anything for any of them.
2. Rin started dual-streaming on Twitch earlier this year. So there's Twitch CCV and donations to include as well.

Well that explains the weirdly low numbers, but my point was despite Rin's massive lead on subs she wasn't actually raking in that much more than the others. Is their any reason to believe the ratios would be any different in stream elements?

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Neo Sparkles getting murdered live was my first graduation. That shit sucks. I just want Lisa to be happy.
:depressedtako:
Did Neo Sparkles ever reincarnate?

Also how the fuck does Brave "acquire" Idol when everyone just jumps ship? I wish we had a full explanation on how that works out money wise and what Brave gets out of buying a shell.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Well that explains the weirdly low numbers, but my point was despite Rin's massive lead on subs she wasn't actually raking in that much more than the others. Is their any reason to believe the ratios would be any different in stream elements?
Rin would also go out of her way to encourage people to donate to other members of Idol instead of herself, also saying she was quite well off.

I think they're going to miss Rin quite a lot.

UberSoldat

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
Roca's only word on the matter:

A
Business as usual, no announcement or chatting stream though I imagine there will be some talk about it in her next few streams:
roca streams.PNG

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Honestly, probably not. She usually discouraged donations unless it was a special stream, like any stream with her mom got a ton of donations. Before she left, Yuko was easily Idol's #1 money-maker, but I'm not sure who it would be now.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Pochi outjewing jewcorp looks a lot less impressive now. If she had waited, she could have kept her name and model when she left (both the good model and the loli one that she liked). Also, Yuko looks even more stupid than she did before.

somerandomnobody

Coni and Poko both have mentioned that before Lani joined, they were basically without talent management. Interesting way to cut overhead by having literally no management.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Lol I don't get what you stand for, you both despise corpos yet you propose ideas on how to let those same corpos get away with extra cash
Hes been a two braincell wonder ever since he wrote his first post here. Dont question his logic cause there aint none

x Hades Stamps

Pochi outjewing jewcorp looks a lot less impressive now. If she had waited, she could have kept her name and model when she left (both the good model and the loli one that she liked). Also, Yuko looks even more stupid than she did before.
Yes, but I think she prefers being Fen, especially with the fennec fox rebrand I get the idea she’s wanted for a while pre-Idol. I know she’s happier where she’s at.
Coni and Poko both have mentioned that before Lani joined, they were basically without talent management. Interesting way to cut overhead by having literally no management.
Yikes! As someone who knew her as Menace, well…

Void Scribas

Meica is also funny. Not exactly a long stay in Idol.
Putting here what I said in the general thread
------------------
The funny thing is Meica always had her property rights even in Idol. So this thing is just like a small breeze of wind in her career. Literally, nothing changed for her.

Edit: I do remember now. A few weeks ago, Meica said that she wanted to finish school in Japan (she went to live in Paraguay with her father before she got the chance to graduate of Japanese high school) And wanted to lower the intensity of her vtubing career to be able to focus on that. She said that she was going to stop treating vtubing as a job. It makes sense she left after all if that is what she wanted, considering Brave would have expected more things of her.

-----------------------------------------------

Going back to IdolES

Lala is asking for support of the ES girls after joining Brave and to don't assume that because they are in a corpo they don't need the support of the ES community

As a context, both the Wactor and Owozu controversies had made a lot of the ES community extremely distrustful of corpos, centering their attention more on supporting indies. In fact, some of the most popular Vtubers on this side of the pond, instead of applying to corpos are creating their own groups managed by them. The best example of that is VJIN , where Shura is, by the way, who some of you perhaps have watched in some VSMP streams. Another was Holy Trinity, who was announced recently by Rakkun in her re-debut (One of the most popular members of Owozu who ended up losing her YouTube channel after entering a lawsuit against the corpo alongside the other ex-talents)

---------------------------

Koa and Ruby also talked about it.

Koa does have an extra challenge and it is that she has been making EN streams and part of her community has given her shit for that. It is similar to what happened to some of the girls in Hololive ID when they make a lot of English streams.

Top Bottom