"Would you love me if I was Canadian?"Aia Amare

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing
I sure would hate to see Rin or God forbid Lisa getting dragged out here. I am sure Rin thinks she is being nice and helpful but it is not a good idea to involve herself, she is just painting a target on her own back. Don't become the bullet sponge for Jewcorp, girls.

Rin Penrose Youtube community post

Horo7618

No one in particular
Oh geez....
Screenshot-2024-07-19-at-10-36-46-PM.png

link | archive

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
You fucking idiot rin, why are you going to bat for a corpo which is obviously not serving you well? These are the kinds of people who keep our society together because they bust their asses covering for the retards and nepohires of the world.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
You fucking idiot rin, why are you going to bat for a corpo which is obviously not serving you well? These are the kinds of people who keep our society together because they bust their asses covering for the retards and nepohires of the world.
She's definitely, and smartly, doing this to protect her image, not Idol. If Idol ends up going down, she needs to be sure everyone likes her so she can easily transition to whatever is next.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
She's definitely, and smartly, doing this to protect her image, not Idol. If Idol ends up going down, she needs to be sure everyone likes her so she can easily transition to whatever is next.
That's a very Machiavellian way of looking at it, but could very well be true. If she is doing that then I would never hire her tbh, employees which think in those kinds of ways are nothing but trouble.

Hff201

Early Adopter
Honestly, I think she's trying to save her own image by distancing herself from it, and even if I don't like it I honestly can't blame her for it. People are incredibly militant when artists etc. don't get paid for their work and this could potentially become a much bigger shitshow over the next few days as more twitter personalities and drama channels catch on, so she's pre-emptively beating the wave by saying "yeah I know this is a problem, it's not my fault but I'm trying to sort it out". Even if other people in the company get completely slaughtered over it, her fans have something to point to to defend her in particular.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Supporting the company you work for in public, regardless of your personal opinion of it, is professional behaviour. I can't hold that against Rin.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
That's a very Machiavellian way of looking at it, but could very well be true. If she is doing that then I would never hire her tbh, employees which think in those kinds of ways are nothing but trouble.
I mean, if Idol isn't gonna pay up, why should the talents go down with the ship? It isn't like she is directly throwing Idol under the buss. Just taking control of a fuckup that management is clearly letting spin out of control.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
CMIIW, but it feels like these issues started getting more frequent AFTER Aviel fired Tomer (the guy who was having e-sex with Riro Ron). He wasn't just a talent manager, but also handled a lot of back office work for Idol as effectively Aviel's #2. He probably left a lot of work that didn't get properly sorted out considering how abrupt his termination was. I don't pay much attention to Idol's management, but I recall Josh (started out as a manager, but got kicked up to COO) talking about handling merch problems from around that time. It's pretty concerning that they still haven't gotten things like this sorted out since then.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
CMIIW, but it feels like these issues started getting more frequent AFTER Aviel fired Tomer (the guy who was having e-sex with Riro Ron). He wasn't just a talent manager, but also handled a lot of back office work for Idol as effectively Aviel's #2. He probably left a lot of work that didn't get properly sorted out considering how abrupt his termination was. I don't pay much attention to Idol's management, but I recall Josh (started out as a manager, but got kicked up to COO) talking about handling merch problems from around that time. It's pretty concerning that they still haven't gotten things like this sorted out since then.
I smell complacency, maybe they got too full of their own relative success and long-term survival in the wake of so many of their contemporaries dying out and a giant like Niji stumbling in such a pathetic manner. It's very easy to overlook things and think your position is secure when you're watching others in the same circumstances or in much better circumstances fumble it so badly, you start to think you have it down pat and you= think about how easy it all is because you weren't the one to take that fall.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Hff201

Early Adopter

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Ghostarchive was broken earlier, likely due to the CrowdStrike issue.
Yea, I noticed that earlier, I posted about it in the discord.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Speed at 50% to really stretch it out.

jewish_tricks.jpg

If this harms Lisa in any way, the Capipistaffel will be called into action by the Moldenfürher.
:annoyedpippa:

bothyourhouses

She's right to be mad.
Maybe but it's not Microsoft she should be mad at, this is all CrowdStrike.
Far be it from me to sort out Israeli banking terms and procedures but here in the land of Freedom, people get paid every two weeks if they have a real job, or even weekly, in much bigger companies handling more money than Idol will ever see.
Monthly is normal in much of the world - heck, in Japan regular employees get paid on the 25th of the following month, so you're basically always waiting for 2 months' salary. For a freelance, a month or more after your invoice is completely normal. Having had to spend months chasing a freelancer who wouldn't send an invoice nor reply to my emails, I have a tiny bit of sympathy for idol here.
Maybe she's just trying to doing the right thing, and do right by the artists, and that's the reason she comes out looking good? Crazy theory I know.

Hff201

Early Adopter
This is an aside, but I feel like listing the other talents on the channel page like this isn't the best idea :smugpipi:

dnTtwrv.png

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This is an aside, but I feel like listing the other talents on the channel page like this isn't the best idea :smugpipi:

dnTtwrv.png
Riro still got completely fucking unpersoned lol.

Stunned's Links to Past Idol Events

Stunned But Dumb

So I thought about how and if I should do this because it kind of seems like an Idol Anti Post, but I assure you it's not. I enjoy several of the Idol talents and while I have obvious suspicions and frustrations with how Idol management and leadership tends to conduct itself (both because of the consequences it has for the vtubing industry in general and for the innocent talents under them), I am simply too busy with real life and the content I enjoy to ever anti anything. I just like a full (or as full as possible) story to be told. I thought it a good idea to track down and include some important statements and events from Idol's two years in this industry that are easily forgotten or missed along with a few things I myself thought were interesting.

Uh... Yeah Thanks @Empty_Inbox as your summaries being super easy to read through and collect made this way easier to track down. All links lead back to the forum unless I say otherwise or is obvious. Can't archive right now, but I'll come back to this later. Oh and in case you may have said something that turned out to be proven wrong, don't take it so hard. This isn't an "I told you so" post, we all bet on the wrong anime wahmen sometimes.

Also check out:
The Riro Ron Thread
The Pochi Call Out (and separation) Thread

Brave Group Partnership (You may not agree on if this is good or bad, but it is inarguably controversial) Thanks for the correction @The Rrat

A Previous issue with an artist where the artist was outright in the wrong
Full summary and write up

An old, researched write up on Aviel
Follow-up

LegaMindset teaming up with Aviel to enhance and later release Talent contracts

The LegalMindset stream where he announced he would be doing so

Yuko Graduation (I thought there was a thread on her? With how much went down...)

Idol Clipper issues

Interesting tweets from Aviel
Tweet 2
Tweet 3
Tweet 3
Tweet 4
Tweet 5

I feel like there's a couple I missed? Can't recall and staring at the virtual asylum for this long while having a Lia vod going in the background in a hot room has probably not been well for my mental health, so I'll stop for now.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Top Bottom