"I get the weirdest DMs, we don't DM that often but when I get a DM from Lia it's like the weirdest possible thing I can ever think of; Dude I have seen Freddy Fazbear's nipples..."Fujikura Uruka

Idol Corp - Sniffing out the most golden and smoky controversies in the vtubing industry.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
I think we should focus on the confirmed things, which are the problems with the freelancers artists, clippers, merch and basically staff. For what is known, management of the talent is okay and the vtubers itself are doing fine, right now at least. It is the staff handling that is shit.

Can an agency sink not for mishandling their talent, but for mishandling staff and merch? Guess we are going to find out.

Brave will send Aviel to the uncircumcised penis explosion chamber and take complete control of idol. Or the talents are moved between V4mirai and globie.

Thank god Meica retains complete intellectual property of her model, so she can escape just in case.

That is an interesting point.
Shalom !

Void Scribas

I do wonder, if Idol collapses alongside Vreverie, would the girls be allowed to return to the VSMP server if they go indie or start vtubing in another agency?

Bronze

I do wonder, if Idol collapses alongside Vreverie, would the girls be allowed to return to the VSMP server if they go indie or start vtubing in another agency?
If it still exists, I don't see why not

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I could sympathise with potential schedule slips and miscommunications if it were an isolated instance, but with Idol, it's a trend. I don't blame this person for going public because the precedent was set with the Pochi drama and Bandit's clip programme complaints that reaching out privately gets you handwaved; hurting their public image is the only way to get Aviel to give a shit.

It's mirrors YouTube's problems to a degree - if you have a copyright/community guidelines issue and you reach out to their support or DM the TeamYouTube account you're probably just going to have a bot reciting FAQ entries at you, but if a big YouTuber kicks up enough of a fuss they'll miraculously have a higher-up on the line to resolve the issue in exchange for a "thank you @TeamYouTube for fixing it!" post. It's all optics.

She's right to be mad. The tl;dr is a giant cybersecurity firm called CrowdStrike rolled out a broken patch that breaks shit and causes bluescreens, and since they're a huge market player they've caused god knows how many billions' worth of damage in lost productivity. They're useless cunts who've fucked up their one job.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Can an agency sink not for mishandling their talent, but for mishandling staff and merch? Guess we are going to find out.

In general any form of business who treats its employees like toilet paper is decidedly doomed to go bankrupt. There are exceptions or rather, especial cases such as Big Retail where employee benefits like insurances, discounts or the rare dental plan can stave this off.

JusticeDog

Assuming the accounts are their's and don't get stolen by the corpo on the way out. They're already in the server, just a name/skin change and who can say they aren't someone new just joining for the first time. :smugpipi:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It's just a black company all around that buys good optics in certain fields.
I wouldn't call them a black company (another term which has been overused and stripped of all meaning by the vtuber industry) but they are certainly the kings of buying clout, among many other new corpos. It seems that trying to grow organically is nowhere near as attractive as claiming moral superiority and using ungodly amounts of grifter money to inflate one's public perception without putting in any actual work or having any sort of track record.

The trends emerging agencies follow and then drop as they fail to take over the industry are honestly fascinating to me. I am genuinely interested in seeing what nonsense people come up with next.

Hff201

Early Adopter
I wouldn't call them a black company (another term which has been overused and stripped of all meaning by the vtuber industry) but they are certainly the kings of buying clout, among many other new corpos. It seems that trying to grow organically is nowhere near as attractive as claiming moral superiority and using ungodly amounts of grifter money to inflate one's public perception without putting in any actual work or having any sort of track record.

The trends emerging agencies follow and then drop as they fail to take over the industry are honestly fascinating to me. I am genuinely interested in seeing what nonsense people come up with next.
Calling Idol a black company probably is being melodramatic on my part, but they've definitely exhausted all the goodwill and benefit of the doubt I was willing to offer, and every new scandal just makes Aviel seem shadier since there's an unresolved pattern to the problems rather than them being new teething issues that come with growing a company. The thing about his constant virtue signalling is the higher you build yourself up, the further you have to fall, and he's been doing a lot of falling lately.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

I agree that most are not inherently malicious, but just bumbling fools. I wouldn't ever attribute most groomer ambitions to being "black". And we saw epitome of it all in VSEA.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Didn't see this here yet: Another day, another "Idol didn't pay me" post.

Archive of the first post.
Archive of the Google Doc.
Anyone know a good way to archive an entire thread?

I ain't reading whatever garbage the artist wrote but from skimming the thread it seems an issue on both parties. I still think the jew is probably trying to jew his way out of payments but the way he seems to handle payments works for a company with negroes on an excell sheet, not randos online, if the money people are incompetent shit will fall through the cracks and him being a jew the money guy is probably him when he remembers he needs to pay people.

When they start asking you to send invoices that way you gotta understand your money might be in limbo for a while but them being this bad about payment should be a clear red flag and you should drop them if you need to eat. My nigga fishman said it best that your cashflow is a pillar of your business. Head jew might be spending more money than he has at hand and it's probably starting to pile up. Not saying he's broke broke but if he has a backlog of payments then these niggas are gonna be at the end of the line for a while.
oh yeah she's a legit tech nerd :Vesper-UNHINGED: I know that rage when something shits the bed that wasn't your fault and it fucks up your work.

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing
"This people" bitched on twitter because he is currently desperate for money and he sees no other option. You would have known if you actually have read the doc
I'm just pointing out the fact that all your claims in the first comment you make completely contradict with what was in the doc were and I have concluded that you either didn't actually read the doc or it was filtered through a weird aviel lense while you were reading it.
If it is not possible, then communicate properly and dont leave people in the dark. I have never heard of a bank not allowing companies to pay for more than 5 weeks. There is a thing called monthly salary you know?
Also you claimed "not reading the print". There's no "print". Freelancer doesn't sign contracts (which is why it is so easy to scam them). It is an industry relying entirely on trust and reputation.
The only "print" is the dialogue. There is no fine print or hidden ToS that he didnt "read" because there is no contract. Idol reached out to the freelancer, freelancer agreed to work with a payment date negotiated by idol, if freelancer ask for contract Idol drop them and find someone else.
Point of order, I am a freelancer and I sign a contract for literally everything unless it's someone I have worked with repeatedly or who was referred to me directly by someone whose word I trust to rely on (which means 3 or 4 people I know personally and can physically beat/steal beer from if needed). Far be it from me to sort out Israeli banking terms and procedures but here in the land of Freedom, people get paid every two weeks if they have a real job, or even weekly, in much bigger companies handling more money than Idol will ever see. I mostly freelance for midsized niche publishers and they pay me within a month or they go on my shit list and they hear about it. I would expect less professionalism from a small fly by night outfit. Which I guess is what Idol is.
I am sure plenty of stupid zoomer "artists" who just draw when they "feel like it" are not used to having contracts or sending invoices and they work for shitters who aren't professional either.

Totally new unrelated topic: guess which creative people are, or are not, worried about being replaced by AI?

Idol's public response to Rosa Nagashi

VSoyBoy

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamavitch

Pig in human clothing
They replied

>doesn't pay until you become the squeaky wheel
>this happens repeatedly
OK this is institutional at Idol, it's their SOP. Maybe cause of (((finances))) or maybe cause of the war. Whatever the case, if you have to raise shit or else be ignored, don't just shut up once you get your money. Warn others. This shit means the order from the top is "hold out on them until they make a stink". I hope they are at least paying their talents.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Hff201

Early Adopter
They replied

I realise I'm getting more MATI over a politely-worded corpo statement than I probably should, but I can see the slime rolling off this. Postponing whatever information he has until an "upcoming announcement" (read: Aviel jerking himself off on his blog again with a small paragraph at the bottom glossing over this) feels even more disingenuous than dropping a panicked "my bad, here's the cash" DM to cool the heat.

It's telling that even the dumbest motherfucker on the planet is starting to see through the bullshit.

Archive

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
That statement is so vague idk if he's backing idol or the artist.
The artist. He is saying that the girls and managers are good people to work with, but whoever is cutting the checks are sketchy.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
The artist. He is saying that the girls and managers are good people to work with, but whoever is cutting the checks are sketchy.
so you mean to tell me that maybe just maybe someone outjewed the jew again?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
so you mean to tell me that maybe just maybe someone outjewed the jew again?
Well, the ones cutting the checks, I assume, are jews, so....

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
I realise I'm getting more MATI over a politely-worded corpo statement than I probably should, but I can see the slime rolling off this. Postponing whatever information he has until an "upcoming announcement" (read: Aviel jerking himself off on his blog again with a small paragraph at the bottom glossing over this) feels even more disingenuous than dropping a panicked "my bad, here's the cash" DM to cool the heat.

It's telling that even the dumbest motherfucker on the planet is starting to see through the bullshit.

Archive

When has Idol ever actually been upfront and transparent. They talk a big game but any sort of "transparency" always comes when they're already in the middle of drama.

Top Bottom