Hololive Summer 2023 Live: Splash Party

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

This shit its still up.PLEASE just move everything for next week

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter

This shit its still up.PLEASE just move everything for next week

you want to know my guess?

The thumbnail will be changed, it will be an apology stream with A-chan as the corpo's mouth, apologizing for the issues. The fans would be furious with this.

It's a lot better for their PR and fan reputation to release a written statement in conjunction with ZAN, telling us what is the root that cause this major malfunction. ZAN's infrastructure and network team better prepare for some dressing down.

But this is a JP company, management wouldn't want to apologize, better throw the girls in front of camera with sad emotion saying how Hololive will work on to deliver the best blablabla.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
There are people saying they use Chink servers,its that true? This says they solved the issue but there is no announcement from Cover.(Its 6 AM in Japan right now)

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Any nerds, meaning tech professionals, wanna speculate on what the issue was? Zan said they preformed server maintenance for 45min and now it's fixed.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Any nerds, meaning tech professionals, wanna speculate on what the issue was? Zan said they preformed server maintenance for 45min and now it's fixed.
I mean it depends on what failed and why but typically it goes something like this:
1) Identify exactly what component/service failed
2) Communicate with the vendor of that thing about the failure and what to do about it
3) Apply the fix (roll back an update, install a new version, replace a component etc.)
4) Test

The 45 minute part was probably 3 and 4. A lot of the time spent is typically on spent phase 1.....

Last edited:

Negzana

I do wonder if they will give word if there's a new date for the night concert. I hope there is I kind of want to see it but first wanted to see the Sunshine concert if it was worth it.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
In dumber terms, too many people accessing the site at one time broke it. Basically, HoloFans DDOS'd Z-aN. They either could have not had the infrastructure scaled properly to account for the extreme load, or they had planned properly, but something was misconfigured.

Horo7618

No one in particular
I do wonder if they will give word if there's a new date for the night concert. I hope there is I kind of want to see it but first wanted to see the Sunshine concert if it was worth it.
The cancellation announcement was specifically addressed to the Day 1 audience, I'd tend to assume they are going ahead with Day 2 on schedule unless they announce otherwise....

Horo7618

No one in particular
Huh Day 1 has been canned completely from the sound of it, [edit: rescheduled for free on YT!] but Day 2 is happening as scheduled:

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Last edited:

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Huh Day 1 has been canned completely from the sound of it, but Day 2 is happening as scheduled:

NO AYAME MAKES POYOYO HEAD GO LIKE CRAZY.HE NEEDS HIS DOSIS OF NAKIRIUM OTHERWHIESE DEAD IS NEAR.

they will stream it for free on youtube.

HELL YAEYUIGFEHWIUGOHEUIOFHWEIODFHEWIODFHASIODJASPODJAKPASKDAFS

Horo7618

No one in particular
Timing's a bit unfortunate for US folks, but you can't really argue that much with the solution....

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Goddamn Cover. I kneel :subaruclapping:

Here's the waiting room for Day 1. It starts in 3 hours at 21:00 PST.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
they will stream it for free on youtube. archive

EDIT: english tweet. archive

Now I feel like a rube for having doubted Cover. Putting the prices together if they have an announcement like the Dev_l or Honeyworks thing they need this stream to be seen.

Negzana

I see it says refunds available but I don't see where? I have gotten no email yet. Is there a specific link?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Well that's really generous of them, it WAS their fuckup but I'm still impressed.
GOOD PR GUYS! FOR ONCE YOU MADE THE RIGHT CALL!

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
HAHAHAHAHAHA! This free viewing now overlaps with the Vshojo concert! Well fucking played!

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
HAHAHAHAHAHA! This free viewing now overlaps with the Vshojo concert! Well fucking played!
I am now going to think they said this to shareholders.
Well that's really generous of them, it WAS their fuckup but I'm still impressed.
GOOD PR GUYS! FOR ONCE YOU MADE THE RIGHT CALL!
Yeaht trusting these Niggas was a bad decision but FREE OJOU LETS GO

Horo7618

No one in particular
I see it says refunds available but I don't see where? I have gotten no email yet. Is there a specific link?
They should post it to your card automatically unless you paid through one of the JP convenience stores. Don't know how long it'll take, but 24-48 hours would be a reasonable guesstimate....

Negzana

Sucks that it has to happen at night but at least I can watch it live.

Last edited:
Top Bottom