"I used to dance, so I know what 'tucking' means, and no there is nothing to tuck, I do not have a PP, how fucking dare you chat"Amanogawa Shiina

vReverie Implosion Watch - Cheri Lupina and Erika Byakko graduation announced, other talents suddenly on PL accounts

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Do you remember when Ollie took part in an online chess tournament, and the commentators were sure she's fully concentrating on her strategy, but instead caught her practicing making noises with her mouth instead? That's how I imagine Sakana.

Depressed Nousagi: And now with vReverie imminent implosion, Phase Connect seems to have cemented its position as the most successful small vtuber company. Sakana must be concentrating really hard on his next brilliant business moves, surely.
Cut to Fishman sitting in his warehouse, playing League of Legends.
Sakana: Bleep, bloop, bleep, bloop, bleep, bleep. Exterminate the Zerg.
Depressed Nousagi: ...definitely some Forbes-grade thinking right here.
For reference:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Fishman continues to win by doing nothing pretending to be a turret on top of merch in a warehouse as his managers do all the work.
Well considering how everything has been going for damn near everyone else I can't really argue with his strategy.

With how much shit happened this year you would have thought December would at least fizzle out and things for 2023 vtubing could end nowhere near as wild as earlier in the year. Vtuber Christmas apparently includes having the tree on fire and hoping it doesn't burn the house down with it though.
to be fair it takes alot of work to not

Shill NFT's
Groom the Talents
Bang the Talents
Screw The Talents
Dox your Staff
embezzle funds
hire Minors

everyone should just roleplay turrets seems to work out.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
to be fair it takes alot of work to not

Shill NFT's
Groom the Talents
Bang the Talents
Screw The Talents
Dox your Staff
embezzle funds
hire Minors

everyone should just roleplay turrets seems to work out.
I wonder if sleeping in the dog bed somehow recharges his business acumen.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

If she means the corpo job it's pretty sad. 2 weeks of random donations without even officially mentioning graduation, which would swing people to donate directly, is more than a full month of working in a corpo. inb4 they tried asking for even bigger cut in new contracts or some shit

So signs point towards the company taking 50% and not providing much in return.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I for one blame Fishman and Adviel for the small corpo collapses of 2023.

A talent may remain meek and continue streaming even if the corp does nothing except provide a model and collab partners.

But if there are "How to do it right" examples right there, getting all the PR?

Some may actually wake up.

Though I'm still impressed by a 2view corp scoring a Holo collab (Kiara & Ophelia) and doing nothing with it.

Granted, I don't know how to convert such a thing into growth, either. But neither do I manage a vtuber corp.
except most of phases example are "how to not fuck up" more then anything else.
Which puts them ahead of the competition and makes them look desirable.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I for one blame Fishman and Adviel for the small corpo collapses of 2023.

A talent may remain meek and continue streaming even if the corp does nothing except provide a model and collab partners.

But if there are "How to do it right" examples right there, getting all the PR?

Some may actually wake up.

Though I'm still impressed by a 2view corp scoring a Holo collab (Kiara & Ophelia) and doing nothing with it.

Granted, I don't know how to convert such a thing into growth, either. But neither do I manage a vtuber corp.
except most of phases example are "how to not fuck up" more then anything else.

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆
The anime girls are learning how to read contracts and negotiate- management wasn't expecting that!

Panko Enjoyer

Do you remember when Ollie took part in an online chess tournament, and the commentators were sure she's fully concentrating on her strategy, but instead caught her practicing making noises with her mouth instead? That's how I imagine Sakana.

Depressed Nousagi: And now with vReverie imminent implosion, Phase Connect seems to have cemented its position as the most successful small vtuber company. Sakana must be concentrating really hard on his next brilliant business moves, surely.
Cut to Fishman sitting in his warehouse, playing League of Legends.
Sakana: Bleep, bloop, bleep, bloop, bleep, bleep. Exterminate the Zerg.
Depressed Nousagi: ...definitely some Forbes-grade thinking right here.
Judging by his recent AMA stream, he's sitting in the warehouse trying to magically pull out the exact number of merch that people ask him to pull out.

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆
not!cheri live on yt!

EDIT:
"I did a lot, and while a lot of it was very fun and I enjoyed my time immensely, I also went through [...] literal hell"
"It was not what I expected, it was not fun. And it was emotionally exhausting, and I also learned about myself. I learned what I like, what I want to do in the future, and how I want to be. The main thing I learned is that [...] I think I'll do best as an indie vtuber."
"It wasn't that it wasn't what I expected, it was that I had a lot of trust in people, and those people should have no one's trust."
"I'm excited to be indie and I'm excited for my future!"

Bonus: "How did you learn rigging? Autism. Hope this helps!"

Last edited:

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening
not!cheri live on yt!

EDIT:
"I did a lot, and while a lot of it was very fun and I enjoyed my time immensely, I also went through [...] literal hell"

"I had a lot of trust in people, and those people should have no-ones trust."

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
That basically confirms that there is a huge money issue. Basically im better off as an indie doing my shit and not losing half of my salary.

Mentioned wanting to do face reveal and whatnot... also mentioned there already being a video in her channel with her face revealed. I guess she was right and no one looked into it. Look at that massive fucking cat. I want it.

1702945191993.png

Edit: Debating if she wants to do Twitch or Youtube. I swear to fucking god woman DONT BE RETARDED. Her boom came from YT Shorts. Why the fuck would she go on Twitch?

Last edited:

hara돌

☆하라돌이라고합니다☆
My guess is money + she trusted staff to help her with things and they made promises they could not keep.
I believe they were recruiting managers really recently, so this doesn't surprise me.

EDIT:
They were hiring a lead talent manager in July, and I found this listing for a channel manager from November 4.
Some gems from the channel manager listing include:
"Notify upper management when important dates are approaching" and "showcase upper management's project updates to talent members."

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
That basically confirms that there is a huge money issue. Basically im better off as an indie doing my shit and not losing half of my salary.

Mentioned wanting to do face reveal and whatnot... also mentioned there already being a video in her channel with her face revealed. I guess she was right and no one looked into it. Look at that massive fucking cat. I want it.

View attachment 60152

Edit: Debating if she wants to do Twitch or Youtube. I swear to fucking god woman DONT BE RETARDED. Her boom came from YT Shorts. Why the fuck would she go on Twitch?
She looks exactly like I'd imagined her ngl.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

View attachment 60152

It must be some snake oil salesman shit. Twitch demo is likely more in their age range so I assume thats why a lot of them want to do twitch. Despite the fact that discoverability is absolute shit on Twitch and the cut is worse. There is twitch partnership but Youtube has vods that can be monetized. I dunno. The only ones I have seen do well on Twitch were there before the boom.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
It must be some snake oil salesman shit. Twitch demo is likely more in their age range so I assume thats why a lot of them want to do twitch. Despite the fact that discoverability is absolute shit on Twitch and the cut is worse. There is twitch partnership but Youtube has vods that can be monetized. I dunno. The only ones I have seen do well on Twitch were there before the boom.
Its the most retarded zoomer mentality shit. They just want the bells and whistles from chat + redeems. Other than that, Twitch has nothing else going for it.

I love how its about the 4th time this month I hear the whole "discoverability" shit getting thrown around. I wonder who the fuck mentioned that that everyone and their mothers took their word for it.

Edit: Just mentioned that she spent 20k on skebs last year.

Last edited:

smartestkidontheshortbus

Making it real hard to feel bad for her. When her Skeb account can be measured in Nissan Sentras.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Guys, what is happening at this company. :Juna-WHY:

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
So she's either been getting fairly well compensated for her work that makes something as dumb as that viable, or she's extremely bad with money and has been lighting a good chunk of it on fire, or because it's the internet an exaggeration. In any case that a really weird thing to flex right now.

Limkin

Guys, what is happening at this company.
Nah, that's pretty common for people who draw a lot. You might think they are just moving a pen around but you could end up with very gruesome injuries, that will completely take you out of ability to do anything for months. Repeated motions with the same muscles that were never meant to move 24/7 with no breaks, instead of snapping in one go slowly wear and tear and then break entirely. Coupled with not moving and often finding yourself in the same position for hours with your entire body aching and blood flow obstructed to important areas

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
So she's either been getting fairly well compensated for her work that makes something as dumb as that viable, or she's extremely bad with money and has been lighting a good chunk of it on fire, or because it's the internet an exaggeration. In any case that a really weird thing to flex right now.
Her membership numbers were CRAZY high. Gift memberships left and fucking right.

Top Bottom