"OH MAI GOH !!!"Hoshimachi Suisei

vReverie Implosion Watch - Cheri Lupina and Erika Byakko graduation announced, other talents suddenly on PL accounts

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Well yeah, it's the Mc Donald's syndrome. Everyone sees the big agencies and all the money they make, but they don't see the litany of issues those companies faced getting there and still face on the daily. I really want a good video essay on the history of vtubing as a whole because people really don't seem to understand how this industry works.
Someone convince Wendigoon there's a spooky murderer VTuber going from small corpo to small corpo.

Tubedude

I'd like to believe most of these people are adults, a responsible adult SHOULD check the reputation and specs of the company they are planning to work for. I guess too many fucking people still see vtubing as some funny haha machinima style romp and not an actual job that can seriously fuck you over if your employer is a fucking dumbass or malicious or both.
A lot of people in vtubing are creative types. How often are creative types also responsible and try to make a coherent plan for anything?

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
It's fucking ridiculous how these agencies keep. getting. people. At some point I really start to wonder if some of the blame lies on people for applying to these trasheaps and propping them up long after they should've gone bellyup.

Reminder that Q's hilariously blatant CyberIdol scam that had applications open for less than a few days got over a hundred formal applications.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Reminder that Q's hilariously blatant CyberIdol scam that had applications open for less than a few days got over a hundred formal applications.
One metric I have always wanted to see is the amount of daily/weekly/monthly applications agencies like Holo and Niji get. I think subaru once said the HoloEN applications (before they had them perma-open) got around 10k applications?

ThatGuyFromThe213

It's fucking ridiculous how these agencies keep. getting. people. At some point I really start to wonder if some of the blame lies on people for applying to these trasheaps and propping them up long after they should've gone bellyup.
You'll never know with these smaller corpos. I believe most of these applicants are friends or acquaintances with current talents or indie vtubers first exposure to the corporate side of things. Really it's a gamble when applying any startup agency.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
I'd like to believe most of these people are adults, a responsible adult SHOULD check the reputation and specs of the company they are planning to work for. I guess too many fucking people still see vtubing as some funny haha machinima style romp and not an actual job that can seriously fuck you over if your employer is a fucking dumbass or malicious or both.
You gotta remember most of these people are late teens to early 20's and have no real experience in life. Often times in school as well so it's just a part time thing.

Take a look at any of the fav corpos here and most of the members will have a PL or 2. One of the new Phase JPs is on her 4th one (Clara). Hell all of the 1st gen of Phase thought it was a scam and still joined anyways.

x Hades Stamps

At some point I really start to wonder if some of the blame lies on people for applying to these trasheaps and propping them up long after they should've gone bellyup.
As a heavily biased indie-for-life, I would say yes. Some cases more than others, though.
Hell all of the 1st gen of Phase thought it was a scam and still joined anyways.
I believe it also wasn't until they were nearly ready to walk out that things picked up, too?

Bronze

I believe it also wasn't until they were nearly ready to walk out that things picked up, too?
iirc story is they were going to walk out, fishman prevented it with facts & logic, then hired Muumi which solved lot of issues.

x Hades Stamps

iirc story is they were going to walk out, fishman prevented it with facts & logic, then hired Muumi which solved lot of issues.
Things could've turned out very differently.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
As for Gen 3 we won't know about their status perhaps around end of Feburary earlier March 2024? That's rough when Gen 2 debuted last year.

It looks like they just ended recruitment for gen 3 on the 3rd. Debuting them in February or March would be something of a fast-track, but if they want to stop the bleeding they might think they don't have a choice.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It looks like they just ended recruitment for gen 3 on the 3rd. Debuting them in February or March would be something of a fast-track, but if they want to stop the bleeding they might think they don't have a choice.
Likely the case, when agencies are wounded they don't tend to think logically.

x Hades Stamps

TBH, not sure which would be worse for the company (the company, not the talents; an early debut would almost certainly be worse for them). Very unlikely it'll turn out well either way.

ThatGuyFromThe213

Rana announce she's going to extend her break for another week.

archive

smartestkidontheshortbus

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Vreverie is out of money and gen 3 is their last chance to not go bankrupt. My only source is the various girls complaining in discord makes it seem like everything fell apart within the last 6 months.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
I'm going to take a wild guess and say Vreverie is out of money and gen 3 is their last chance to not go bankrupt. My only source is the various girls complaining in discord makes it seem like everything fell apart within the last 6 months.
The lack of almost any communication from them for 3 graduations now is also pretty telling.

ThatGuyFromThe213

That is what I'm thinking as well. I believe it was when they introduce gen 2 is where things started to go downhill. Don't get me wrong the talents were doing well for the most part, however, I think Vrev was burning through their finance pretty quick despite gen 2's popularity.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Rana announce she's going to extend her break for another week.

archive

Break. Been grinding on her alt though. At this point (and based off a few things Cheri mentioned) it is a management issue.

ThatGuyFromThe213

Break. Been grinding on her alt though. At this point (and based off a few things Cheri mentioned) it is a management issue.
Link
I can definitely say it's her mental state and as well as life in general. She has an alt account where she retweets artwork and voice her mind/"whining post". I'm not going to post the entire thing here because it's a pretty long rant, The link to her alt account is above.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Not-Cheri did a stream a few days ago after she graduated and she's immediately returning to full time streaming.

Kinda funny to see as every other vtuber that obviously plans to redebut, either as indie or in another corp, usually takes a few weeks off at least as a little personal vacation.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Not-Cheri did a stream a few days ago after she graduated and she's immediately returning to full time streaming.

Kinda funny to see as every other vtuber that obviously plans to redebut, either as indie or in another corp, usually takes a few weeks off at least as a little personal vacation.

This one is an obvious workaholic and masochist(souls fag), not surprised.

Top Bottom