"Do you guys have nipple hair?"Millie Parfait

Vidya Games Thread

VSoyBoy

Also with how youtube grifters decided to dogpile on it maybe the added exposure could benefit the game.
Remember when they released Morbius a second time after it became the No.1 meme for a while, and still not a single soul could be persuaded to go and watch it? That was also Sony.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Yeah I got extremely bored of the game eventually and dropped it, good thing it was an EGS freebie. It's way too long and filler-y for its own good. Thankfully, I heard the other Pathfinder game is much, much better in this regard.
Yeah, I saw some post somewhere about how it's hard to go back to Kingmaker after you've played WotR, which is why I decided to play this one first. Maybe I should try WotR before Rogue Trader.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Currently I can't link the relevant articles but two big news pieces.

1) Ubisoft is getting a class action lawsuit against them for illegally selling user info without informing them whenever someone subscribed to their subscription service and whenever someone bought a game through Uplay.

2) Concord is receiving updates and they aren't minor or automated files, supposedly there's a lot going on and the rumor mill is that Sony might try to do another release of Concord but as a F2P game and with potentially a PvE mode. Their F2P beta weekend had less players than their prior week paid beta weekend, so I doubt that will save this game.

If Sony does decide to pull a Morbius, we're definitely getting some streamers playing that game just to show had bad it is.

The Ubisoft situation is probably also going to end up with some EU action, if I had to guess. Though that'll be a couple of years.

With a competent team, there's a decent game in there with Concord. But the amount of work that'd take wouldn't be worth the money. However, if the internal to Sony commitment is there, they could easily hand it over to another studio and tell them to get something out for the cross-media promotion period. There's a couple of deeper analysis videos out there explaining the problems that are pretty fixable. However, the design of the visuals is too far gone, so I don't know how you'd recover that.

There's too much production value on Concord to just dump it into the trash. Also with how youtube grifters decided to dogpile on it maybe the added exposure could benefit the game.

Unironically, no one would have even bothered to care if Sony didn't try to send out the minions to hype things up. Aside from being fundamentally boring, it might have had one of the worst marketing campaigns ever for a game. They managed to hit that magical point between Bland, Boring and Completely Forgettable.

Well it's either 400 million loss on taxes they can carry forward vs lose more face in the hope that people actually buy premium shit as a joke. They might schedule it to come out when that Blur studios episode airs to catch some clueless normies.
The cross-media stuff is probably why, but I wonder if they can find a way to take a double loss on the project?
Remember when they released Morbius a second time after it became the No.1 meme for a while, and still not a single soul could be persuaded to go and watch it? That was also Sony.

The funniest bit about that is they did it due to what the Internet Response Tracking services were telling them. All of the studios had been buying that information, which is why it got re-released. As a result, Hollywood got the harshest of lessons about how useless all of the social media tracking information services actually are. That's actually spawned a lot of the changes we're seeing, as the Producers were confronted with the reality they'd been using useless data to make production decisions for almost a decade.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Man. Maybe it's just because I decided to play a wizard, but Pathfinder: Kingmaker kinda sucks. I think I'll switch to Rogue Trader.
Yeah kingmaker is rough. Wrath is too(though less so) . because the devs balanced the game around assuming every player is going to prebuff before combat.

It smooths out once the game opens up a bit but the game at default settings expects things like protection against evil to be up at all times.

Rouge Trader id argue is on the easier side because it doesn't expect the player to try to optimize potential damage output. a certain character you get early on has a godly aoe attack that also can stun and depending on gear can reach bullshit like double casting having it never fail to stun increasing range and ignoring warp perils.

That being said Chapter 3 has a bullshit boss who is optimized in the same way as the party is and has damage gates + full heal.

Negzana

Are all modern hero shooters the same? Was watching some of Kaela's stream and I can't tell how it is any different from any other hero shooter. Only outliers I can even think of is TF2.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Are all modern hero shooters the same? Was watching some of Kaela's stream and I can't tell how it is any different from any other hero shooter. Only outliers I can even think of is TF2.
For the most part yeah. No ones trying to innovate and all are trying to copy Overwatch even though the concept is way older then even TF classic.

Deadlock does try a few things like the ziplines to speed up travel and incorporating more MOBA elements. (now do a PVE mode to clown on overwatch even harder) but for the most part it's a standard hero shooter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Unironically, no one would have even bothered to care if Sony didn't try to send out the minions to hype things up. Aside from being fundamentally boring, it might have had one of the worst marketing campaigns ever for a game. They managed to hit that magical point between Bland, Boring and Completely Forgettable.
The irony is thanks to all the grifting I now know by memory the full cast of the game. Meanwhile I could not tell you the APEX roster to save my life.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Just gonna post some thoughts on the Companions I've recruited in Rouge Trader so far. aside from a few I'm gonna keep secret for fun.

The Death Cultist. don't be tricked she falls off really fast and hard once armor starts showing up that being said shes still "good" uber levels of mobility hits like several trucks and can kill a whole battlefield before anyone else acts and i'm not exaggerating either my first time deploying her she cleared the whole map. There is some question if you should have her duel wield or 2hand

The Seneschal Your Tank no seriously unless you build your Rouge Trader specifically hes the only one with the class archtype Warrior until chapter 2 and that guy is a hybrid and better off focusing on the other half of his power set and a third in chapter 3 who I missed.

The Inquisitor speaking of Purge the Heretics with SANTIC POWER enmass powerful buffs most of them seem to stack and just make everyone else better Emperor Protects

The Psyker. Burn this witch and the number 1 reason I didn't do a heretic playthrough amusingly her main method of attack is screaming at people I ended up a psyker myself and it did feel like my RT was a better psyker the whole way through.

The Tech Priest. Loot Monkey. can carry two twohanded weapons at once in exchange for not having a alternate weapon set very scary will destroy anything in his path I did find myself struggling to decide on weapons for him his starting Axe eventually get's replaced by a better one but his gun is between several really good options that start turning up around chapter 2-3 Melta Gun Plasgun Flamer Bolter Autocannon (several unique ones of each category) you probably want heavy weapon special on him strength is not his best quality though he can melee really good as well.

The Battle Sister: once you get her a decent weapon she will mow down enemies with several attacks a turn items that buff Run N Gun means she Dakka's like an Ork not much to say she can trivialize battles on her own sometimes anything not a large enemy or elite tends to be tenderized. give this bitch a bolter or autocannon or any weapon with the Burst attack tag.

The Navigator Nukes whole battlefields and anything left standing is probably stunned or worse also has great utility with forcing movement causing enemies to trigger Attacks of Opportunity or just lining people up for Tech or Sister to take out.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Follow-up: Decided to give Kingmaker a second chance, after starting over with a Paladin. It's 1000% better with a physical class. Probably helps that I was buffing before battles, too.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
IDK about Wrath, but Kingmaker would have been 100% better without the actual empire building thing tacked on. Is there any mechanic like that in Rogue Trader?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
IDK about Wrath, but Kingmaker would have been 100% better without the actual empire building thing tacked on. Is there any mechanic like that in Rogue Trader?
Kinda. But it's much less of a hassle

The short of it is.

Items you loot have a % of cargo space filled. items whos only use is as cargo automatically fill said cargo till it reaches 100% then you can trade it in and take offered items for no cost as long as your profit factor is higher then the listed value

For example I have 10 Webber guns. each fills 10% of ranged weaponry cargo every 100% gives you one (crate i guess?) of cargo you can give to one of 5 traders all of them offer 100 rep for it. which combined with your profit factor determines what items you can take for free.

Consumable items can be used and taken again too.

Theres also a city building thing but it's mostly occasionally find a resource on planet send down a mine camp probe thing to get it then spend it at city building for more free stuff mostly one time bonuses

Only very occasionally will you have to go out of your way to return and solve a problem. most of it is managed by a screen you can pull up at any time click once or twice

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Kinda. But it's much less of a hassle

The short of it is.

Items you loot have a % of cargo space filled. items whos only use is as cargo automatically fill said cargo till it reaches 100% then you can trade it in and take offered items for no cost as long as your profit factor is higher then the listed value

For example I have 10 Webber guns. each fills 10% of ranged weaponry cargo every 100% gives you one (crate i guess?) of cargo you can give to one of 5 traders all of them offer 100 rep for it. which combined with your profit factor determines what items you can take for free.

Consumable items can be used and taken again too.

Theres also a city building thing but it's mostly occasionally find a resource on planet send down a mine camp probe thing to get it then spend it at city building for more free stuff mostly one time bonuses

Only very occasionally will you have to go out of your way to return and solve a problem. most of it is managed by a screen you can pull up at any time click once or twice
That sounds way more interesting to me than the kingdom management. Thanks for the info

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
GameFreak was hacked and the hackers stole basically everything on Pokemon from gen 3 after, including source code and development and design files. Including stuff on the upcoming gen for Switch 2.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
For the most part yeah. No ones trying to innovate and all are trying to copy Overwatch even though the concept is way older then even TF classic.

Gonna need to clarify here as to what part of the concept you're talking about that predates TFC (unless you're just referring to TF/QWTF being something that predates TFC).

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est
Commer games and payment processors

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Gonna need to clarify here as to what part of the concept you're talking about that predates TFC (unless you're just referring to TF/QWTF being something that predates TFC).
the "hero shooter" as a concept has been floating around at lest since quake so a couple of years before TFC I would argue at least since the 1980's not that character with slightly different powers then second character is really all that hard to think up.

depending on your definition you could argue Hexen did it first though i doubt most people would accept that.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
GameFreak was hacked and the hackers stole basically everything on Pokemon from gen 3 after, including source code and development and design files. Including stuff on the upcoming gen for Switch 2.

Thanks for posting this. Would have been really cool if I hadn't clocked out of Pokemon several years ago.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Thanks for posting this. Would have been really cool if I hadn't clocked out of Pokemon several years ago.
I just think it is potentially interesting someone could fix all the performance issues with their shitty 3D games so people could actually play them with higher FPS than 5 lol

Ballpark_Look

There's a bunch a weird shit from the Pokemon leaks that may or may not be fake, but still hilarious.

Attachments

• 1000005973.png
    1000005973.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 7

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
There's a bunch a weird shit from the Pokemon leaks that may or may not be fake, but still hilarious.

it's just a copy and paste of a folktale where they replaced octopus with octillery.

Top Bottom