"Ah this place is in Massa-shyu-ssutts-shuu~ (State of Massachusetts)"Momosuzu Nene

Vidya Games Thread

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
the "hero shooter" as a concept has been floating around at lest since quake so a couple of years before TFC I would argue at least since the 1980's not that character with slightly different powers then second character is really all that hard to think up.

depending on your definition you could argue Hexen did it first though i doubt most people would accept that.

Ehh, I was thinking more of actual projects that came out, or at least were in development.

I had the idea for what is essentially Dead by Daylight back in '99 as a mod for Half-Life. Didn't attempt making it, however.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
GameFreak was hacked and the hackers stole basically everything on Pokemon from gen 3 after, including source code and development and design files. Including stuff on the upcoming gen for Switch 2.

This leak so far has been crazy. We have an internal codename for the Switch 2 now (Ounce). A bunch of beta designs & concept art. A bunch of scrapped projects from the DS Era. A map editor for DS Pokemon games. The original prints that were used for boxes/cases that you can print out yourself. A bunch of random lore tidbits like an explanation for the whole Arceus triangle thing.

It doesn't stop coming lmao. We might get a 3DS Map editor out of this, too!

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Screenshot-2024-10-13-173855.png

:ameliaThink:

GZx-VRVua-AAI90bq.png

GZx-VWzra-AAA2-HWC.png

GZx-Vb1aa-AAE5-EU.png

GZx-Vj4-Va-AAMFw33.png
Archive
:zaionwhatsgoingon:

Ballpark_Look

GZx-VRVua-AAI90bq.png

GZx-VWzra-AAA2-HWC.png

GZx-Vb1aa-AAE5-EU.png

GZx-Vj4-Va-AAMFw33.png
Archive

I'm going to assume these were all riffs on weird ass Japanese myths and if this is true and not a 4chan gayop these were all written by one woman.

Attachments

• GZzZkShXIAAsX_6.png
    GZzZkShXIAAsX_6.png
    348.2 KB · Views: 11

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Are these documents translated, or were they already written in English on the compromised servers?

Ballpark_Look

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

GZx-VRVua-AAI90bq.png

GZx-VWzra-AAA2-HWC.png

GZx-Vb1aa-AAE5-EU.png

GZx-Vj4-Va-AAMFw33.png
Archive

Jesus fuck the nips just can't help themselves can they?
>Get hired by Gamefreak to work on pokemans
>Get free time while at work
>Write pokesmut fanfiction
>Made while at work so it's company property because nip autism
>Decades later your smut get leaked for the entire world to see
>SEPPUKU.EXE

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'm going to assume these were all riffs on weird ass Japanese myths and if this is true and not a 4chan gayop these were all written by one woman.

I know at least some of them are which indicates they all are.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Xplay on G4 TV used to have a segment called "WTF, Japan?". This isn't surprising. It's only surprising that it's only 1 random fujoshi. They've absolutely infested Western studios.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Xplay on G4 TV used to have a segment called "WTF, Japan?". This isn't surprising. It's only surprising that it's only 1 random fujoshi. They've absolutely infested Western studios.
except these folktales are not exclusively Japanese sure the majority are but you know being based in japan that tracks.

Pokemon pulls from a shit ton of sources when designing a new gen Sun/Moon used a ton of island folktales and Kalos made references to a ton of knightly french stuff Galar even had a Terrasque Dreadnaw. (G-MAX specifically)

Yall brains are rotted and yes pokemon has been doing this shit for years even before they set the games outside of japan.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
except these folktales are not exclusively Japanese sure the majority are but you know being based in japan that tracks.
It came up a few months ago in the homelands that the Turkic people's origin myth is that they're the descendants of a boy and the she-wolf who rescued him after his village was destroyed. There's a gender-reversed version for one of the ethnic groups in China as well.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Smelliest007

Yall brains are rotted and yes pokemon has been doing this shit for years even before they set the games outside of japan.
For years you say?
1728860214516020.jpg

Saturnus

haha it's unou
My favorite Johto and Hisui starter didn't deserve this fate.
:faunacry:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

God's Strongest Dragoon

i am legit the only person in the world who likes Walmart Venusaur
Yes. I always start with the grass starter but the 2 times I didn't was Chikorita and Sprigatito.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
i am legit the only person in the world who likes Walmart Venusaur
Chikorita is massively fucked over by how Johto is laid out and itself (stat and moveset-wise). It's unpopular not entirely because it's bad but because the region actively works against it. Bulbasaur at least has early game before it falls off in mid-game Kanto. Squirtle and Charmander eventually pick up after early game. Chikorita has none of that opportunity.

Like Charmander, the first two gyms actively work against your starter however; Unlike Charmander who eventually gets a leg up, Chikorita never has that opportunity. You're not really going to do much about Whitney, you can't do much to Morty and by this point you should have a solid team to deal with Chuck/Pryce/Claire which just causes Meganium to just kind of become deadweight. You do end up maybe having a good match-up with Jasmine, I guess?

Bayleef is one of the "starter" choices in Colosseum and it is kind of passable in but, you're trading a decent Fire-type (Typhlosion) or one of like, edit: Four (Quagsire, Qwilfish and Suicune) Surf users in Colosseum (Feraligatr) for Meganium to attempt to "wall" or use status moves. When better limited options (like Forttress, who can explode) exists.

It sucks because I do like grass starters and I do like Chikorita. But it was destined to be only ever be used in the anime where none of this matters lol. No Mega/no alternate forms/no good HA/bad moveset/bad base stats. It's so over.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Chikorita is massively fucked over by how Johto is laid out and itself (stat and moveset-wise). It's unpopular not entirely because it's bad but because the region actively works against it. Bulbasaur at least has early game before it falls off in mid-game Kanto. Squirtle and Charmander eventually pick up after early game. Chikorita has none of that opportunity.

Like Charmander, the first two gyms actively work against your starter however; Unlike Charmander who eventually gets a leg up, Chikorita never has that opportunity. You're not really going to do much about Whitney, you can't do much to Morty and by this point you should have a solid team to deal with Chuck/Pryce/Claire which just causes Meganium to just kind of become deadweight. You do end up maybe having a good match-up with Jasmine, I guess?

Bayleef is one of the "starter" choices in Colosseum and it is kind of passable in but, you're trading a decent Fire-type (Typhlosion) or one of like, two (I think Quagsire gets surf but I could be wrong) Surf users in Colosseum (Feraligatr) for Meganium to attempt to "wall" or use status moves. When better limited options (like Forttress, who can explode) exists.

It sucks because I do like grass starters and I do like Chikorita. But it was destined to be only ever be used in the anime where none of this matters lol. No Mega/no alternate forms/no good HA/bad moveset/bad base stats. It's so over.
it fits on my cooking team so it's S tier.

I Agree with you overall but Bayleaf is one of the few options you can deploy to stop Whitney's rollout spam Reflect give you room to kill the cow.
otherwise your stuck looking for a way to kill it before it becomes oppressive.

Top Bottom