"I was totally fine with kickadas (Cicadas) as a kid. I told you guys I had a picture of... they were not kickadas, but I had 5 stag beetles on my shoulders and I was like 'yaay!' I don't think I can do that now"IRyS

Vidya Games Thread

IdenticalPlateaus

Spies excels off of lazy enemies. The harder you dominant as Spy, the harder the game becomes now that everyone in the lobby is permanently aware that you exist. Except retarded Snipers that think wearing a razorback will protect them, only to get bullet in the back of the head.
They also follow Inverse Ninja Law, a team with one spy is more effective/powerful than a team with two spies and so on.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Spies excels off of lazy enemies. The harder you dominant as Spy, the harder the game becomes now that everyone in the lobby is permanently aware that you exist. Except retarded Snipers that think wearing a razorback will protect them, only to get bullet in the back of the head.
Yeah, I see why calcium is terrified of frenchies if he mains engie but to me spies are free frags and/or free eyelander heads (specially deadringers that can give you two heads for one person). I usually only get killed by being retarded and walking into a matador or getting distracted by someone else, most spies are absolutely shut down by simply shooting every teammate you see and CHECKING TAB, YOUR TEAM DOESN'T HAVE A MEDIC!

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yeah, I see why calcium is terrified of frenchies if he mains engie but to me spies are free frags and/or free eyelander heads (specially deadringers that can give you two heads for one person). I usually only get killed by being retarded and walking into a matador or getting distracted by someone else, most spies are absolutely shut down by simply shooting every teammate you see and CHECKING TAB, YOUR TEAM DOESN'T HAVE A MEDIC!
It's been quite a few years since I've played but I always avoided the medic disguise because people always checked medics. You'd be surprised by the amount of times I've just walked straight through a huge mob of enemies disguised their own spy and they never spy checked me. I figured it wouldn't work because people would just react off of the Spy silhouette instead of the colors but nope, no one expects a Spy to be a Spy.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It's been quite a few years since I've played but I always avoided the medic disguise because people always checked medics. You'd be surprised by the amount of times I've just walked straight through a huge mob of enemies disguised their own spy and they never spy checked me. I figured it wouldn't work because people would just react off of the Spy silhouette instead of the colors but nope, no one expects a Spy to be a Spy.
Medic, pyro, sniper and scout are easy to pick out imo. Medics usually heal you the second they see you, real pyros have this way of moving that disguised spies rarely properly imitate also they have a tendency to puff anyone they see, snipers are not supposed to be roaming around and scouts obviously run slower, though I do see a lot of people get stabbed by scouts.

Soldier, demo, spy and engi are the best ones in my experience, soldiers, demos and spies often roam and competent engies are always moving around inside the base.

Heavy never gets picked because it makes you move slower than everyone else.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
So how would Pyros use sappers exactly, if they can get that close to a sentry they can already strafe it down? You want to incentivise the medic to get behind enemies by giving them an insta-kill backstab? And you want to give the medic a backstab proof shield to protect them against other medics who can now backstab? I won't get into the spy minutia but it's pretty funny that you've only seen one 'good' spy player but at the same time they are always effective and can sap sentry nests with impunity.

You seem dense and shit at the game mate.
Several of pyros weapons have switch speed. switching to a quick sap to the sentry and then proceeding to burn idiots clustering around the dispenser is a valuable tool.

that or just sapping and walking away because it takes less time you could be doing anything else.

No Im saying if you were to keep knives in the game that's the obvious place to put them if dumbshit medics want to run around trying to backstab let em.Razorback would prolly be removed or retooled and i honestly forgot it existed i was thinking of the camper and or danger shield.

your acting like i am saying they can spawn directly ontop of a nest and explode everyone around it because i am not bothering to account for the team spychecking for once?

The jokes write themselves.

I am a soldier/demo chad. I used to play tons of engie years ago but then noticed how "is your team not totally retarded" dependent the class is and play less and less.
any Engie too scared to leave their sentry deserves the rope and rescue wrangler effect users should probably have to reinstall the game twice before it let's you use that loadout.

I play Demo when i just want to kill things. pipes are fun.
i have more problem with spy's when i am not engineer dude. why tab check just shoot them once it's a give away and your eyes stay on the game.
Medics outside of pubs should always have their medibeam trained on someone. If your not healing it's a spy giveaway. Spy is best spy disguise and you get full movement speed too.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I miss the good ol' days where I could play spy and run around with an amby and a deadringer and be annoying.
:pippasadl:

95% of spies are utter trash at the game because the class takes 500 trillion hours to get good at and has tons of counters.
This applies to Sniper too btw. When I was younger and had more free-time I was playing Sniper rather consistently and could hit the majority of my shots. I'm old and washed up and second guess myself before clicking m1 on a head now.
Doesn't really apply to the Huntsman though because I'm still able to do split-second advanced trigonometry.

IdenticalPlateaus

your acting like i am saying they can spawn directly ontop of a nest and explode everyone around it because i am not bothering to account for the team spychecking for once?
You're saying that two classes are such an issue even in their stock form that they should be removed. You can complain about the balancing of new weapons but OG TF2 was tightly designed besides maybe the Pyro lacking a solid role.
Spies don't need to be good at the game to be effective because the whole class relies on a whole team or at least 4 decent players to manage their bullshit.
Mate if a team doesn't have 4 decent players they are probably going to lose no matter what the opposition has.
I get it, you don't like getting headshot and backstab, but you lacking situational awareness doesn't make the games design flawed.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This applies to Sniper too btw. When I was younger and had more free-time I was playing Sniper rather consistently and could hit the majority of my shots. I'm old and washed up and second guess myself before clicking m1 on a head now.
Doesn't really apply to the Huntsman though because I'm still able to do split-second advanced trigonometry.
There are a lot more good snipers than there are spies though. I have literally killed the same person twice and they switch to sniper because they know I can't fuck with them anymore, at least not easily. That happens to me literally once every 5 games btw.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
The major problem that the PS3 had, with respect to multiplatform development, was that its memory management was a nightmare in comparison to the 360. The 360 had 512 MB of memory that could be allotted on the fly to system or video memory. The PS3 had fixed 256 MB of system memory and fixed 256 MB of video memory. Every single multiplatform title I worked on in that era was easy to get going on 360 (Plus the 360 dev kits had much friendlier debug/dump regimes compared to the PS3), dead simple to get going on PC, and seemingly endless wailing and gnashing of teeth for PS3 development.

As I also recall hearing from some dev buds I knew at the time, the PS3, while having impressive architecture, was such a nightmare to program for that what you could do with one programmer for the 360, you'd need like eight for the PS3. Would explain why third party PS3 games looked like a downgrade while the first party games, done by devs who had a lot more time, looked fantastic.

Was also told that the PS3 was still better to develop for than the PS2, as Sony didn't even give documentation for that console. Interesting how the PS1/2/3 were all a bitch to develop for but the first two were huge. That's what you get for being groundbreaking (PS1) and lying out your ass (PS2) - also coming out earlier than (most) the competition of that generation: get the install base, and studios will put up with a lot of bullshit.

Flat out Silent Hill should never suffer a remake (I know the original one did way back also). The first 3 Silent Hill games were so well executed that they likely could not be topped with the same team. And there are ZERO dev teams with as much talent as Team Silent had. Like shit, compare Resident Evil to Silent Hill. Silent Hill was better executed.

On that note even the first Resident Evil, its remake worked because it had the same director and if it wasn't the same team it was more talented team. As much as I like Resident Evil 2 it is blatantly different. Or Metal Gear Solid. The remake by Silicon Knights was fine but it clearly had something missing. You simply cannot improve any of the original Silent Hill games and the only other option is how shit and we are really getting some shit here.

Team Silent made three and a half great games, and Silent Hill died with them. The Resident Evil Remake was also something truly magical, who's existence should not be possible, but there it is.

Still like Resident Evil 2 the best of all the RE games. God we were spoiled for good shit back then...

I had a long rant here that I deleted but let me just say that this Boomer Shooter revolution needs to die. I hate getting bait and switched on aesthetics of games that look like Doom or Duke Nukem 3D but secretly they are Unreal or Unit engine POS that instead play more like Doom Eternal with weapons that do less than a broom would in Ryu Hayabusa's hand. Thank you devs. Give me more COD clones at least enemies die in those.

I hate the Boomer Shooter craze because of the aesthetics. Here's my rant:

Most of these games, like most pixel art sidescrollers and whatnot, are made by hipsters that lack both the experience of the era and also the understanding. So many of these Boomer Shooters look very off, as there's a lot of conflicting visual elements. They will have the enemies at a certain level of detail, then item pickups and the gun at a detail much lower than it would be in the 90s. Then they'd have it be 2.5D, but include shaders and advanced lighting that most certainly does not fit for the times it's trying to emulate, nor even mesh well today.

Sometimes they go full 3D, but then for some reason make things look more pixelated? The guns, enemies, and textures are trying to be like they're from back then, but it doesn't look right, both in that they're not even pixelated properly (failing to emulate how it looked like on the PS1 or in Quake) and that the game's details - the amount of polygons, the map sizes, enemy counts, geometry details, etc. - don't justify their existence. Everything is just off.

They simply don't understand that up until the early 2010s, visuals were heavily driven by limitations, and a lot of the art direction, especially in the 90s, emerged as a way around it. We didn't have shit so pixelated because we wanted it like that, it was simply the best we could do.

And oh yeah, and most don't play like a shooter of the era. That's a killer. Twats.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
You're saying that two classes are such an issue even in their stock form that they should be removed. You can complain about the balancing of new weapons but OG TF2 was tightly designed besides maybe the Pyro lacking a solid role.

Mate if a team doesn't have 4 decent players they are probably going to lose no matter what the opposition has.
I get it, you don't like getting headshot and backstab, but you lacking situational awareness doesn't make the games design flawed.
Because being annoying is the same as being an issue parse words.
There are a lot more good snipers than there are spies though. I have literally killed the same person twice and they switch to sniper because they know I can't fuck with them anymore, at least not easily. That happens to me literally once every 5 games btw.
the best way to annoy snipers is wait for them to shoot someone then fill their balcony with rockets. gap is now closed and they can suck shotgun from the splash damage they took.

Really think that weird idea of solly being immune to headshots should of been implemented.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
BUCKLE THE FUCK UP AND GET YOUR CEREAL BOXES, GAMERS, BECAUSE IT'S TIME FOR THE RETURN OF BACKYARD BASEBALL 97 - NOW WITH LEADERBOARD FOR MAXIMUM ESPORT POTENTIAL, BABY:

But wait! It doesn't stop there! Other titles are returning, including the following:

The game industry may be crashing with no survivors, but at least some companies have the sense to start selling their old catalogue again!

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Which one was the one that was actually mildly enjoyable?

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Man. Maybe it's just because I decided to play a wizard, but Pathfinder: Kingmaker kinda sucks. I think I'll switch to Rogue Trader.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Edit: Wrong thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

Currently I can't link the relevant articles but two big news pieces.

1) Ubisoft is getting a class action lawsuit against them for illegally selling user info without informing them whenever someone subscribed to their subscription service and whenever someone bought a game through Uplay.

2) Concord is receiving updates and they aren't minor or automated files, supposedly there's a lot going on and the rumor mill is that Sony might try to do another release of Concord but as a F2P game and with potentially a PvE mode. Their F2P beta weekend had less players than their prior week paid beta weekend, so I doubt that will save this game.

If Sony does decide to pull a Morbius, we're definitely getting some streamers playing that game just to show had bad it is.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
There's too much production value on Concord to just dump it into the trash. Also with how youtube grifters decided to dogpile on it maybe the added exposure could benefit the game.

God's Strongest Dragoon

There's too much production value on Concord to just dump it into the trash. Also with how youtube grifters decided to dogpile on it maybe the added exposure could benefit the game.
Well it's either 400 million loss on taxes they can carry forward vs lose more face in the hope that people actually buy premium shit as a joke. They might schedule it to come out when that Blur studios episode airs to catch some clueless normies.

UberSoldat

Man. Maybe it's just because I decided to play a wizard, but Pathfinder: Kingmaker kinda sucks. I think I'll switch to Rogue Trader.
Yeah I got extremely bored of the game eventually and dropped it, good thing it was an EGS freebie. It's way too long and filler-y for its own good. Thankfully, I heard the other Pathfinder game is much, much better in this regard.

Top Bottom