"A new record: I've only insulted the British twice this stream. I'm on a roll!"Gavis Bettel

Vidya Games Thread

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Pippa thread is stacked because it has me and thhrang on their team.
:smugpipi:
It's alright, I went 2/27 when I played the game a few months ago, should be even.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I can't speak for thhrang of Atlantis here, but because I use a more skilled weapon (the huntsman) I have to actually point, click and do advanced geometry in a split second to be able to hit my headshots.
:BijouBijou:

I'm going to join as a Pippa thread member just to try to tank Thhrang's chances of winning.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I can't speak for thhrang of Atlantis here, but because I use a more skilled weapon (the huntsman) I have to actually point, click and do advanced geometry in a split second to be able to hit my headshots.
"advanced geometry"

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Playing TF2 competitively is almost a big a joke as playing Smash Bros competitively. Almost.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Playing TF2 competitively is almost a big a joke as playing Smash Bros competitively. Almost.
But probably with the same amount of pedophiles in it

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Both games require a bunch of house rules to be honored (in tf2's case, modded into the server) to be a competitive game however; Unlike Smash, tf2 tried to go for the competitive aspect and blundered it, hard.

If tf2 ever got an actual handful of Valve devs to work on it again (high copium) I'd hope they'd change the competitive queue nobody uses into an uncletopia-lite (tryhard containment) queue where you can go and play with your no-shotspread, no random crits, and Stopwatch Pl_upward matches.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I'm glad competitive Smash exists because I can always point my finger in that direction and just laugh my ass off.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I had a long rant here that I deleted but let me just say that this Boomer Shooter revolution needs to die. I hate getting bait and switched on aesthetics of games that look like Doom or Duke Nukem 3D but secretly they are Unreal or Unit engine POS that instead play more like Doom Eternal with weapons that do less than a broom would in Ryu Hayabusa's hand. Thank you devs. Give me more COD clones at least enemies die in those.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Snipers can't win by themselves tho, it is only when paired with a meatshield wall of other classes that they get anything done. Also hunstman is a subclass for overextending retards, I cannot tell you how many times I have rushed down a lucksman who got too confident with nobody to use as a convenient meat shield. Relying on a broken ass hitbox only works 25% of the time and only when the enemy is distracted by something else.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Relying on a broken ass hitbox only works 25% of the time and only when the enemy is distracted by something else.
yeah but were not talking about spys?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
yeah but were not talking about spys?
T. person who cannot be arsed to 1. Turn around 2. Check tab for deadringer revivals 3. Generally rely on gamesense and be aware when teammates get backstabbed and listen for spy sounds like cloaking, deadringer and spies colliding with shit

95% of spies are utter trash at the game because the class takes 500 trillion hours to get good at and has tons of counters.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
T. person who cannot be arsed to 1. Turn around 2. Check tab for deadringer revivals 3. Generally rely on gamesense and be aware when teammates get backstabbed and listen for spy sounds like cloaking, deadringer and spies colliding with shit

95% of spies are utter trash at the game because the class takes 500 trillion hours to get good at and has tons of counters.
Ok if were actually getting into this.

Spies don't need to be good at the game to be effective because the whole class relies on a whole team or at least 4 decent players to manage their bullshit.

Jankbox gives free stabs to any idiot who can click Sapper guarantee's nest death 90% of the time (which on it's own would be fine)

Invis is free pathing to any part of the map because even in a decent server no one spychecks till they actually see something

And if you want to be especially useless you can always run to spawn and get free headshot kills with the ambassador or troll the teleporter faster then the Engie can repair.

A million pointless useless ways to play spy all of them various degrees of fly buzzing around your ear. I have seen exactly one "good" spy player in my years of playing someone who actually used the disguise as your own team ability to effect on the other team no less.

And that's just stock (except for the headshots thing) Ringer gives them more survivability then any spy should have. Et Reward gives spies free never drop disguise penalizing them for nothing and rewarding them for what they already want to do.

Spycicle BigEarner and Etranger are just straight upgrades to stock since they don't penalize you in any way that matters.

MATI me fuckers. I legit think the spy and sniper as they are in base classic TF2 need removal. some other classes can inherit some of their kit where it would be less offensive

EDIT: just in case your wondering. Give medic the spy knives and rename them Scalpels Remove spywatches. Sappers can go to pyros. just mention Thermite somewhere in the item text. Spy Pistols can be largely distributed across classes where they make sense. Sniper Rifles can be removed. SMG's/jar can go to scout. the shields can go to medic. Machete's can be distributed across all classes and retooled as needed.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Ok if were actually getting into this.

Spies don't need to be good at the game to be effective because the whole class relies on a whole team or at least 4 decent players to manage their bullshit.

Jankbox gives free stabs to any idiot who can click Sapper guarantee's nest death 90% of the time (which on it's own would be fine)

Invis is free pathing to any part of the map because even in a decent server no one spychecks till they actually see something

And if you want to be especially useless you can always run to spawn and get free headshot kills with the ambassador or troll the teleporter faster then the Engie can repair.

A million pointless useless ways to play spy all of them various degrees of fly buzzing around your ear. I have seen exactly one "good" spy player in my years of playing someone who actually used the disguise as your own team ability to effect on the other team no less.

And that's just stock (except for the headshots thing) Ringer gives them more survivability then any spy should have. Et Reward gives spies free never drop disguise penalizing them for nothing and rewarding them for what they already want to do.

Spycicle BigEarner and Etranger are just straight upgrades to stock since they don't penalize you in any way that matters.

MATI me fuckers. I legit think the spy and sniper as they are in base classic TF2 need removal. some other classes can inherit some of their kit where it would be less offensive
What classes do you main might I ask?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

IdenticalPlateaus

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

IdenticalPlateaus

I'm not dense.
So how would Pyros use sappers exactly, if they can get that close to a sentry they can already strafe it down? You want to incentivise the medic to get behind enemies by giving them an insta-kill backstab? And you want to give the medic a backstab proof shield to protect them against other medics who can now backstab? I won't get into the spy minutia but it's pretty funny that you've only seen one 'good' spy player but at the same time they are always effective and can sap sentry nests with impunity.

You seem dense and shit at the game mate.

UberSoldat

I had a long rant here that I deleted but let me just say that this Boomer Shooter revolution needs to die. I hate getting bait and switched on aesthetics of games that look like Doom or Duke Nukem 3D but secretly they are Unreal or Unit engine POS that instead play more like Doom Eternal with weapons that do less than a broom would in Ryu Hayabusa's hand. Thank you devs. Give me more COD clones at least enemies die in those.
It's easy to filter out most of them and play the ones people like the most or whatever suits your tastes. Any gameplay trailer shows you what to expect anyway.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Roaming Engie.
The jokes write themselves.

I am a soldier/demo chad. I used to play tons of engie years ago but then noticed how "is your team not totally retarded" dependent the class is and play less and less.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Spies excels off of lazy enemies. The harder you dominant as Spy, the harder the game becomes now that everyone in the lobby is permanently aware that you exist. Except retarded Snipers that think wearing a razorback will protect them, only to get bullet in the back of the head.

Top Bottom