"I'd rather see feet, than play with the ouija board"Lia Rinkou's mom

Vidya Games Thread

Saturnus

haha it's unou
it fits on my cooking team so it's S tier.

I Agree with you overall but Bayleaf is one of the few options you can deploy to stop Whitney's rollout spam Reflect give you room to kill the cow.
otherwise your stuck looking for a way to kill it before it becomes oppressive.
I'll give you that but there's also other options here.
  • Trade for the Machop
  • You get a free egg that might be a Shiny Tyrogue in Crystal.
  • Be a gambler and get a "free" Dratini with Dragon Rage/Extreme speed really fucking early.
  • If you traded for the Onyx in Violet City to beat Falkner with your Chikorita you now have something that should be able to take a hit from Miltank.
Also Miltank was never the main issue, it's the Clefairy who will always use metronome and get some whacky ass bullshit from it.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Bulbasaur at least has early game before it falls off in mid-game Kanto.
Bulbasaur was hilariously busted in Gen 1.
Super effective against the first 2 gyms (rock and water) and resistant against the 3rd, 4th, and 5th gyms (electric, grass, and poison).

Then there's the issue of crit hit calculations in Gen 1, which were based off your pokemon's base speed:
crit hit chance = (base speed/512)
However moves with high crit ratios were 8x crit chance, so:
crit hit chance = (base speed/64)
Razor leaf had a high crit ratio and Venusaur's base speed was 80, so it was guaranteed critical razor leaf. So instead of 55 base damage, it was hitting for 110 with 95% accuracy and 25 PP while having STAB for Venusaur. Fuck solar beam, just razor leaf them.

There's also the recursion bug. Bulbasaur learns toxic via TM and leech seed at lvl 7. Due to the programming, toxic had its damage increase every time recurrent damage happened, which included leech seed. This meant it would spiral out of control really quickly and leech seed would hit super hard because it used the same N value for its damage. This causes enemies to drop to 1/16 hp in 3 turns, 4 turns if the opponent hit first. That includes the 2 turns to apply toxic and leech seed.

To top it all off, Venusaur had OP stats. The highest stat of Charizard was speed while Blastoise's best stat was defense. Venusaur's highest stat was special, which counted as special attack and special defense in Gen 1, which meant he was double-dipping in effective stats.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I'll give you that but there's also other options here.
  • Trade for the Machop
  • You get a free egg that might be a Shiny Tyrogue in Crystal.
  • Be a gambler and get a "free" Dratini with Dragon Rage/Extreme speed really fucking early.
  • If you traded for the Onyx in Violet City to beat Falkner with your Chikorita you now have something that should be able to take a hit from Miltank.
Also Miltank was never the main issue, it's the Clefairy who will always use metronome and get some whacky ass bullshit from it.
Yup i don't have a problem with her especially now that I'm older even in the remakes i just sleep the cow twice and beat it up status infliction is king.

Never had an issue with Metronome personally though it is funni when it just decides to explode.

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
On the one hand, Elite Dangerous kind of sucks in terms of actual gameplay. Ooohhh, fetch quests for MMO-style grinding, hooray so groundbreaking!

On the other hand, something in the back of my brain wants to spend ten thousand dollars on building a custom controller/cockpit setup and pretend I'm flying an actual space ship. I want to blare sad music from scifi shows as I go into a dogfight I can't possibly win to let my teammates escape. I want to explore new worlds and see cool shit that only a couple other players have ever bothered to see.

Weird game. It's like someone struck gold but they were determined to make copper out of it. Or maybe it's just impossible to feasibly make a real space pilot game while also having an engaging gameplay loop.

But god I want to fly around with like, an actual throttle and joystick and control panels and stuff in space. Say what you will but I think this is about the only game that has ever really tried to make that idea feasible on this scale.

God's Strongest Dragoon

So apparently the Game Freak leak also had that Skyla (B&W Gym leader) was suppose to be a sexy pilot, Hispanic, have a large chest, and resemble Isabella Fontana or Jennifer Lopez.

Of course people are drawing a bunch of art of Skyla as a big tiddy latina. However this has resulted in the intersection with another gaming meme regarding latinas

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
After Faith: The Unholy Trinity, New Blood is at it again:

Please look forward to its completion within the next 5 years!

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
On the one hand, Elite Dangerous kind of sucks in terms of actual gameplay. Ooohhh, fetch quests for MMO-style grinding, hooray so groundbreaking!

On the other hand, something in the back of my brain wants to spend ten thousand dollars on building a custom controller/cockpit setup and pretend I'm flying an actual space ship. I want to blare sad music from scifi shows as I go into a dogfight I can't possibly win to let my teammates escape. I want to explore new worlds and see cool shit that only a couple other players have ever bothered to see.

Weird game. It's like someone struck gold but they were determined to make copper out of it. Or maybe it's just impossible to feasibly make a real space pilot game while also having an engaging gameplay loop.

But god I want to fly around with like, an actual throttle and joystick and control panels and stuff in space. Say what you will but I think this is about the only game that has ever really tried to make that idea feasible on this scale.
Try Colony Wars for the PS1 all 3 of those games are pretty top notch when it comes to making you feel like an ant,

its one of the few games that caused my phobia of space to act up (particularly early 3d nothing but a black void with stars space) and i fondly remember it for being amazing to gamefeel but shit in terms of actually playing.

So a good time in my books.

UberSoldat

Try Colony Wars for the PS1 all 3 of those games are pretty top notch when it comes to making you feel like an ant,
I still have to play those on an emulator some day, I'm a sucker for space flight sims like Freespace and TIE Fighter.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
So apparently the Game Freak leak also had that Skyla (B&W Gym leader) was suppose to be a sexy pilot, Hispanic, have a large chest, and resemble Isabella Fontana or Jennifer Lopez.

Of course people are drawing a bunch of art of Skyla as a big tiddy latina. However this has resulted in the intersection with another gaming meme regarding latinas

I'm honestly not too surprised. Pokewaifus have always been there but they started getting real blatant with it a few generations ago. I remember playing Sun on launch and being genuinely shocked at just how overtly sexual Olivia's design, mannerisms, and framing was. They really wanted you to be horny for her right from the introductory cutscene and then half of her dialogue is about how desperately single she is and how much she wants a man like she's trying to hint at something to the protag.
I mean, it worked, she's totally one of the hottest characters, but it's wild for what presents itself as a kids game.

Last edited:

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
*googles*

Oh damn. Oh my. My racist soul must be acting up; I want to own her, and I want her to own me.
1728989586916.png

1728989552549.png

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Your "friend" in the last one was dark skinned too

:pochiidontlikeit:

Spooked But Lobotomized

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

VSoyBoy

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I remember playing Sun on launch and being genuinely shocked at just how overtly sexual Olivia's design, mannerisms, and framing was.
Olivia is black, so it's not like they'd have to try all that hard to make her sexy :smugpipi:

*googles*

Oh damn. Oh my. My racist soul must be acting up; I want to own her, and I want her to own me.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Ok I'm usually one to ignore these dumb slap fights but come on Nessa is peak design. We will forgive her for being from Pokémon's equivalent to Liverpool.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I have no idea what's currently going on with pokemon and I'm not eager to ask anymore.

Top Bottom