Xbox show is live

E:

Last edited:

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The true question is which is your favorite pokemon gen?
Mine are 4 and 5 no questions asked
Everything before is cool, everything after is trash

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Gen 2. The leap from Gen 1 to Gen 2 blew my mind when I played it as a kid. I knew nothing about it before I started playing it, so I was surprised when the whole Kanto region opened up to me upon defeating the Elite Four. Was neat to see how much changed since the Gen 1 games, such as Cinnabar Island being destroyed and some gym leader changes. Speaking of that, it was fun seeing familiar faces such as Blue, and of course, one of the greatest battles in the series against Red after climbing all the way up Mt. Silver.

Along with that stuff, we got two new types, different Pokéball types, a day-night cycle, calendar dates with daily events, Pokegear, a better inventory system, and even small, but great QoL changes like being able to register a key item to the select button and being able to use HM moves by just pressing 'A' next to whatever the move interacts with. Also had amazing music, great art/graphics for the time, and a great roster of new Pokémon.

I still enjoy going back and playing it in some way from time to time. Been actually wanting to start another playthrough recently. I also agree that Gen 1 through Gen 5 were all great, and that the series started going downhill for me after 5.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
3-4 the solid bedrock that good hacks are built on.

no beef with 5 but it being on the DS makes it harder to work with.

Pokemon Unbound Xenoverse Voyager Sage Clover Vega and many more ive forgotten most of these use G3-4 mechanics as a base

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
3-5 are the undisputed golden era of Pokemon. The best Gamefreak's managed to do since then is above-average (ORAS, gen 7, and, hot take, SV) whereas just about everything else is hot trash (XY, Let's Go, gen 8 as a whole). Gen 1 is cool for the novelty and gen 2 is overrated but still better than half the shit released since XY.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Yu-Gi-Oh Retro Game Collection in the works, if it doesn't have Forbidden Memories, what's even the point? That being said, it's not like there are going to be any more Yu-Gi-Oh JRPGs/Battle Sims post-Master Duel - though this could also determine whether or not any more of those would be made, depending on how much it sells.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Yu-Gi-Oh Retro Game Collection in the works, if it doesn't have Forbidden Memories, what's even the point? That being said, it's not like there are going to be any more Yu-Gi-Oh JRPGs/Battle Sims post-Master Duel - though this could also determine whether or not any more of those would be made, depending on how much it sells.

Oh, this looks cool, classic Yugioh without all the fucking aids they've added over the last twenty years.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Oh, this looks cool, classic Yugioh without all the fucking aids they've added over the last twenty years.

From what I'm reading, one of the titles will have multiplayer support on launch, with more coming post-launch - so this might be *the* place for people to play classic yu-gi-oh, without the need for Master Duel or spending hundreds on cards.

Surely, they won't mess it up in any way, right?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Synchro Era is peak yugioh.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
i agree with calcium 5Ds is the peak yugioh

but imagine a kuriboh deck

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Joust was the shit
Can I sperg about how fucking AMAZING Williams was before they went into making slots and then dying? No? I mean ok...

I'll just say that their early 80s run was the shit

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

FM is fine and all, but the two RPG games in this bundle are some of the best they made, so this is still cool.

Top Bottom