"What should I do tonight? Stream or have sex?"Tokoyami Towa (talking about Needy Girl Overdose)

Vidya Games Thread

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Anyone here play Vintage Story? If so what do you think of it? I got it recently after ignoring it for years and I can only say: God damn my love for sandbox survival has been revived.

Bug Eater

Nightdive has just released the remaster for an obscure FPS known as Killing Time. God bless them.
Nightdive Studios if you're reading this message please do a remaster of Realms of the Haunting. No I won't take my meds.
Also came to PC after Quake. Once Quake hit, you were full 3D or you were fucked.

Shadow Warrior and Blood would've done so, so much better if they had come out before Quake. Only reason they did even decently well was because they were exceptional. Basically all other 2.5D shooters? Yeah, sorry, graphics were king, we were moving at a breakneck pace, and your sprites as enemies were so last year, man.
Duke 3D only came out like 6 months before Quake as well, I think it took at least a year or two before the FPS genre really caught up in terms of technology (with Unreal Engine, Goldsrc, Lithtech, etc). It's kind of funny that 2.5D shooters are popular again now.

UberSoldat

Nightdive Studios if you're reading this message please do a remaster of Realms of the Haunting. No I won't take my meds.
Pssst, throw in Heretic and Hexen in there while we're at it, maybe Unreal too (iirc business director literally tweeted at Sweeney offering to do it)

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

UberSoldat

The story of how Doom almost got turned into slop

The story of that crappy RE game no one remembers now

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Oi bruv pip pip cheerio bong STALKER innit bruv?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Silly things happening in the anime waifu gacha scene: the Blue Archive devs (a South Korean company) pulled a Coco. During a livestream celebrating the 3 year anniversary, the devs showed a info-graphic showing popularity by country (note: Japan is not included, as it is in its own server).
GaSA39XXoAAG8_b.jpg
Yes, that is right.
The no-no square game said that not only is Taiwan an independent country, but so is Hong Kong.
The devs of course grovelled and begged for forgiveness but it didn't stop the tidal wave of wumao chimpouts and endless shitposts.

The surreal thing is: as you can see above, PRC isn't even in the top 5 and their apology above involves shitting on their main market. :amedumbass:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Has there been any retaliation by the petty wumaos. I've learned since the Coco and Haachama debacle not to hastily form opinions on a nation of government-mandated and monitored drones.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
The time has come, Factorio DLC drop - exact same price as the base game, and somehow still underpriced for the value.

Autism will never be the same. Local Lemon Woman and chain-smoker most affected.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Decided to check out the demo for Ys X: Nordics. TL;DR: Fun on par with what you'd expect from an Ys game. Definitely has that charm that Falcom games are known for so far. I like it.

I normally don't play demos for games I know I'll definitely be getting at some point, but I wanted to see if they got the optimization issues that were apparently present in the initial JP release figured out. Thankfully, it seems they have. Was able to play at Ultra settings with no issues whether it was exploring the city or engaging in combat.

I also usually try and go into these games fairly blind, ignoring most info aside from the initial trailer and maybe the Steam about page, so my experience and knowledge only comes from playing the demo. Gameplay is expected of an Ys game. Fast and fluid combat with a few new gimmicks. There's also ship sailing and battles. Only did it once, but it seems pretty barebones early on. No idea if they expand upon it more later.

The Ys stories, while usually not bad, are definitely not the selling point to the games, but this one seems interesting enough so far. Definitely has me curious as to what is happening. It does take place early on in Adol's life as he's confirmed 17 in this game. I believe I read it takes place after the events of the second game.

As for the demo itself, I figured it might give about an hour into the game or maybe a chapter at the most. I spent a few hours getting through the first chapter, and it still hadn't ended going into the second chapter. I read from a Steam comment that the demo ends part way into the third chapter, so it's a pretty substantial demo. I probably won't continue with the demo and pick it back up when I get the full game. It releases on Friday, but I'll be busy this weekend, but I do plan on actually paying full price to pick this one up next week.

Bronze

As reported by Insider Gaming, Ubisoft confirmed the cancelation of Assassin's Creed Shadows' early access during a Discord Q&A session. The company also reiterated it will not be moving forward with its plans of implementing season passes. Consequently, the price of Assassin’s Creed Shadows collector’s edition will be dropping from $280 to $230. The collector's edition will still come with a steelbook, an artbook, a statue, and more. However, there may be additional changes to those products before the final release.

TKN_Murder

Murdered Lurker
Yep, this game is going to release dead on arrival and they're cutting their losses already. And I thought Ubisoft was so confident about this game lol, even told their investors everything was all good.

:Vesper-UNHINGED:

God's Strongest Dragoon

>no early access because they don't want people to see how garbage it is during those 3 days and then not buy it on the official launch
>no season pass because they don't want to get stuck into producing garbage DLC for this garbage game like how Suicide Squad still had to fulfill season pass obligations
>employees going on strike because they want to keep working from home and not go to the office 3 days per week
>AC Mirage launched on Steam earlier this week to a peak of only 7.8k concurrent players despite being 50% off for $25

Ah yeah, this is going great

Last edited:

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Silly things happening in the anime waifu gacha scene: the Blue Archive devs (a South Korean company) pulled a Coco. During a livestream celebrating the 3 year anniversary, the devs showed a info-graphic showing popularity by country (note: Japan is not included, as it is in its own server).
View attachment 81096
Yes, that is right.
The no-no square game said that not only is Taiwan an independent country, but so is Hong Kong.
The devs of course grovelled and begged for forgiveness but it didn't stop the tidal wave of wumao chimpouts and endless shitposts.

The surreal thing is: as you can see above, PRC isn't even in the top 5 and their apology above involves shitting on their main market. :amedumbass:

Imagine unironically playing Buruaka tho, the island bugmen deserve mockery

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
>no early access because they don't want people to see how garbage it is during those 3 days and then not buy it on the official launch
>no season pass because they don't want to get stuck into producing garbage DLC for this garbage game like how Suicide Squad still had to fulfill season pass obligations
>employees going on strike because they want to keep working from home and not go to the office 3 days per week
>AC Mirage launched on Steam earlier this week to a peak of only 7.8k concurrent players despite being 50% off for $25

Ah yeah, this is going great
Watching Ubisoft finally die is like Christmas coming early for me.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I hope they keep the hip hop music during Yasuke's fight segments . To me that is worth keeping, it sounds kickass.
Would be interesting if the rumours are true and they're reworking in the original japanese samurai.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Watching Ubisoft finally die is like Christmas coming early for me.
They've had FIFTEEN YEARS to make an Assassin's Creed set in Japan. Ghost of Tsushima took that from them and now whatever they make WILL be compared to Ghost and we all know it's going to be a bad comparison. Now that they're actually making the Japanese Assassin's Creed game, they forgot that the Japanese are the one country that's hyperautistic and defensive about their history. They finally fucked up at recreating the historical setting for once, so small things like banners and crests are being analyzed and called out, while there's also huge fuckups like the Torii gate and copying Zoro's sword. Even worse, they summoned the DEI hate train and 2024 is proving to be the year where woke games are flopping hard while games like "Militaristic Space Genocider" and "Masculinity Final Form" are two of the biggest hits this year. This is all happening off of the tail of that disastrously bad Star Wars Outlaws game, where they somehow made a Star Wars game flop horrendously.

An Assassin's Creed set in Japan was put off because it was their "Break Glass in Case of Emergency". However it's now looking like the fire extinguisher is actually spewing gasoline, so it's made everything worse. This is 15 years of hubris and retarded decisions fomenting into a nuclear payload in their building like Johnny Silverhand nuking Arasaka tower.

TKN_Murder

Murdered Lurker
They've had FIFTEEN YEARS to make an Assassin's Creed set in Japan. Ghost of Tsushima took that from them and now whatever they make WILL be compared to Ghost and we all know it's going to be a bad comparison. Now that they're actually making the Japanese Assassin's Creed game, they forgot that the Japanese are the one country that's hyperautistic and defensive about their history. They finally fucked up at recreating the historical setting for once, so small things like banners and crests are being analyzed and called out, while there's also huge fuckups like the Torii gate and copying Zoro's sword. Even worse, they summoned the DEI hate train and 2024 is proving to be the year where woke games are flopping hard while games like "Militaristic Space Genocider" and "Masculinity Final Form" are two of the biggest hits this year. This is all happening off of the tail of that disastrously bad Star Wars Outlaws game, where they somehow made a Star Wars game flop horrendously.

An Assassin's Creed set in Japan was put off because it was their "Break Glass in Case of Emergency". However it's now looking like the fire extinguisher is actually spewing gasoline, so it's made everything worse. This is 15 years of hubris and retarded decisions fomenting into a nuclear payload in their building like Johnny Silverhand nuking Arasaka tower.
In addition to that, the game itself is already looking pretty bad. From the gameplay trailers we got, we had the sword model clipping through the characters in full view, floating doors, strange level geometry, incorrect/inaccurate Japanese architecture for the time period, rough combat animations (where the characters also clip through each other), and implementing a dumb as fuck system where you're forced to switch characters despite saying that the game wouldn't limit you in choosing a play style.

Mind you, all of this was discovered from their own trailers, the least likely place to find obvious bugs and problems considering it's supposed to be the best footage they can show of their own game.

Top Bottom