"I draw and poop every day to live"Pako

V&U - Proving that Koreans can be as bad as Singaporeans and Japanese.

fern_._

soft armpits

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Oh hey there, Aia Amare. Does Nijisanji know you post here? :educateyourself2:
Is that actually a Niji? Would be funny if it was.
Nvm I just remembered they're one of your grooming victims from the queercord.

fern_._

soft armpits
I know it was a huge talking point on 4chan's /vg/ board for awhile because people were finding pinching gestures in Gacha and MMO games made by Koreans which got some people fired but I don't know any particularly worthwhile papers or documents regarding them outside of >wikipedia. also I misspelled their name it's Megalia. There's also another movement called Womad which split off from Megalia,

Edit: @The Proctor I found a 4chan collage while digging for a particular clip in /vg/'s archives: https://arch-img.b4k.co/vg/1603481830990.jpg
It's posts from 2016 from a Korean 4chan Anon
The Park Geun Hye shit wasn’t surprising, she’s the eldest daughter of one of Korea’s most notorious dictators. She probably had bigger skeletons in her closet.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Any interesting papers/documentaries/etc that are worth looking at about this?

Here's a start:

Finally I skimmed this but it looks like an academic paper (written by a Korean woman in the West) about how great the Megalia shit is because all it's doing is calling attention to evil misogyny.

Last edited:

x Hades Stamps

Still confused who is in the wrong or right here. I've never seen or heard Serafi so IDK why type of person she is. I assume she plays a seiso angel persona?
From what I’ve seen of angel VTubers, they tend to be anything but seiso
It's biased, but I'm more likely to believe something she says over the corpo.
Same, but also incredibly biased.
The blame of the situation seems to rest entirely on V&U’s shoulders, but that’s if we assume Serafi is telling the entire truth.
It does. At this point, they’re almost certainly far more liable and guilty, at the very least.
We have no way of verifying her claims, though, so I’ll just have to take them at face value.
For many of them that’s true, and we probably never will.
I don't have a reason to doubt her claims about V&U’s incompetencies and I have a suspicion that the “managers” that she’s been assigned have actually been interns
Unfortunately, you’re probably right about that.
There’s no way to salvage something after the core itself has rotten, just gotta pray something better comes to take its place.
Yup. At that point, you might as well just cut your losses.
Incompetency is a very common theme amongst failed VTuber agencies, and I’m surprised that nobody (aside from a select few) has learned a lesson.
Same for the black companies that still haven’t shut down, such as Nijisanji (yes, malice is definitely a major contributor to Niji’s badness, but so is incompetency).
At this point, I’m convinced that it’s safer to be an indie than a corpo VTuber. Hope V&U gets what they deserve and Serafi manages to grow despite this.
Finally figured that out?
Any country where the vast majority of the population believes that fans consume fucking oxygen and will asphyxiate you if left on is a country I wouldn't call "sane" or any other word which approaches that one in meaning.
Yeah, I remember reading about the BS that is “fan death,” and it’s one of the craziest things I’ve ever heard/read. I’ve fallen asleep countless times with fans blowing on me, and I ain’t dead yet. At least I don’t think I am.
Seoul is a cyberpunk dystopia, you don't need to squint your eyes. Samsung, SK, Hanwa and Hyundai own the government
I see you mentioned Hyundai. Does that also apply to Kia?
This is for all of the uninformed morons who keep reacting to this post: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death I am not making shit up.
I really wish you were, but no, you’re not.
Do your own research, prostate
FYI, responding with that leads many people, myself included, to believe that you don’t actually have any sources on it.

fern_._

soft armpits
I see you mentioned Hyundai. Does that also apply to Kia?
Hyundai Motor Group owns 33% of Kia. (It also owns Boston Dynamics.)

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Still confused who is in the wrong or right here. I've never seen or heard Serafi so IDK why type of person she is. I assume she plays a seiso angel persona?
Mucho seiso streamer.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Cross-quoting for possible future reference:
Spectra Libitina of V&U announced the indefinite postponement of a cover release, claiming that the copyright holder informed V&U staff that they cannot use the song.

Top Bottom