"You hear that chat, I'm better than a whorehouse in fucking Indiana, I told you I am going places!"Kirschey

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
If I'm remembering right, Japanese laws make it really hard to actually fire someone. Thus instead they just treat you like crap until you quit, or completely ignore you.
They even have a term for it: Oidashibeya or "the banishment room". Basically they give you an office out of view of everyone else and push off all the worst work they can on you on top of giving you zero support and treating you badly. Eventually, you'll slip up and be fireable or quit before you lose your mind.
There's a movie about this where a foreigner works in a Japanese company and it happened to her. It's an interesting movie about Japanese culture as well (although exaggerated).
I am just waiting for the clap back from Nijisanji, man the possibilities makes me giddy.
  1. Niji commands their talent to say the allegations is not true and management is very kind, Zaion is the antichrist or some shit, technically a talent/human shield
  2. Niji trying to sue Zaion or giving her hush money like other posts says
  3. Niji keeping quiet and hoping nothing happens.
I've seen Japanese companies do the number 1 option, but most likely they will do number 3.
I would say third option as well, maybe distracting the fujosisters with 3D live, debuts, or some anniversary stuff. The first option can actually create backlash like what Kadokawa did with their seiyuu shield in the Kemono Friends situation.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
The tweet has half a million views. Oof.

Also, an important note:

1683358737368.png

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Peachmoon

The Assman
First of all, Jesus Christ.
Second, thanks to everyone for archiving and giving rundowns. The QRTs on the og post are cancer btw.:fishmandispair:
I have nothing to add that hasn't been said, and what haunts me the most about the whole document, aside from the unprofessional shit show management put on (also a little frustrated with how Zaion words her actions--it had to be addressed to make the statement neutral, but it just sounds like she's bowing her head to the twitter freaks that won't give a shit and take focus away from the actual important points) was their utter disregard towards Zaion being doxxed.
The LEAST they could have done for her was do something about it during that time period. The stupid back and forths and wishy washy permissions be damned--they're scumbags for at least not taking care of those doxxers or making a clear statement.

chihirogumi

God's Strongest Dragoon

She clearly consulted a lawyer since even the document is written in third person to avoid them saying that she is claiming to be Zaion which breaks NDA.
She actually fucks up when going through "Zaion's Personal Experience"(ZPE). The whole document prior to ZPE is presented as Sayu saying what Zaion told her. When they get to ZPE, starting at page 11, the phrasing shifts to "I" instead of "Zaion" as it is presented in Zaion's words. However on page 18, she points out an Alchemy Stars sponsorship event where she was sponsored WITH two of EN's talents. In the screenshot of the tweet, the two talents in question are Shu and Alban while her identity as Sayu is also listed.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

@Azehara this thread just pushed me over to registering because I found the document interesting. Been reading the General discussion since the Farms came under attack a while back.

As for the laws themselves, I just have passing interactions with a lot of legal stuff and the document screamed Lawyer back & forth correspondence. While there's a tad bit of "Woe is Me" at the end, there's potential several things very clever going on and it was worth commenting. This isn't a normal type of Twitter Drama post. But the end-game for posting it is unknown.

As for the Nijisanji contracts, where it's actionable is completely up in the air. Sayu has inviolable rights if she lives in CA, but the ability to act upon them can be very limited. It's very likely the contract was done under Japanese Law, but that only matters so much. But what might matter more is Nijisanji's legal presence in the States. If you can get a default judgment, you could go after any aspect of their money that comes into the States. Which, for Nijisanji, could very well be just some of their Livers that live in the States. I highly doubt it'd ever be able to get to that point, but could you imagine the Drama if Sayu is getting court orders again Conventions that are paying Nijisanji members for attendance to recover money? Nuclear weapons-grade Drama that would go on for ages.

It won't happen, but, hey, sometimes you just like to sit back and watch the bonfires. Though I think the document is probably best read as the Zaion-part is concluded, but the Sayu-Nijisanji contract dispute likely is not. Being entirely possible to be a leverage play.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Don't have any vtuber setting up a chair to sit in, but good enough:amepopcorn:

What a fuckin update. I mean it's still not like proven conclusive "down this shit without salt" but it really does add up and enlighten some possible workings in the whole thing. Stuff from this certainly answers some questions of why it seemed so focused on "and jaywalking" her departure. It's just enough that a lot of it makes sense but isn't aggressive and shitting on everything that makes it look vindictive and dismissable because some salty bitch made it.
Conceeding some points also makes it harder to tell if there's more middle ground or just bad management and shady "omissions" from the company as to what went entirely wrong too. Unfortunately you basically only have to do enough to give them something to sign a line saying "Why were they fired" but I definitely felt like the original happening had weird tones to it and the handling was fairly bad. I lean more to her side than I did before because it's all pretty reasonable and believable.

Although this does make me assume that Cover also probably did a blanket "En groups please don't touch wizard game." Admittedly I don't think any really implied they wanted to play it but we do know ID and JP were fine with it. Kind of a whatever note but would make sense to me.

Gotta admit though, I sort of figured this event burnt out. Guess someone didn't pour water on the embers beside the kindling. Now to see if it lights the camp back up.

niggaphil

She actually fucks up when going through "Zaion's Personal Experience"(ZPE). The whole document prior to ZPE is presented as Sayu saying what Zaion told her. When they get to ZPE, starting at page 11, the phrasing shifts to "I" instead of "Zaion" as it is presented in Zaion's words. However on page 18, she points out an Alchemy Stars sponsorship event where she was sponsored WITH two of EN's talents. In the screenshot of the tweet, the two talents in question are Shu and Alban while her identity as Sayu is also listed.
Sayu get sued by Nijisanji or not, VTA is still winning in watching this shitshow :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Sayu get sued by Nijisanji or not, VTA is still winning in watching this shitshow :Vesper-UNHINGED:
Everyone expected Procter, who is once again sleeping on the drama for not being in the superior time zones
Edit: Found what he was doing
1683361444291.png
Typical Britbong

Last edited:

chihirogumi

UberSoldat

Nijisanji really out here thinking the Japanese work mentality was going to function without flaw in a western market. I'm honestly surprised it took 2 years for word to get out.

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
(also a little frustrated with how Zaion words her actions--it had to be addressed to make the statement neutral, but it just sounds like she's bowing her head to the twitter freaks that won't give a shit and take focus away from the actual important points
Yeah, half of the things she accepted fault were jokes or not even her fault. But If she didn't I imagine Twitter would've shrieked at her for not apologising for the rape joke or for... deez nuts... or something.

As is you still have people in the quote retweets proudly admitting they didn't read it, and saying they hate her anyway. I suppose you could make the argument that she shouldn't have bothered then but I can understand leaning towards being diplomatic.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

@Latte'Ninba Hololive EN members not playing Hogwart's Legacy was clearly a business decision made higher up. Wasn't a bad one, honestly, given what happened with Pikamee. Though it might be been required under Hololive's pretty obvious No Politics Policy, especially as there's no way to disassociate the game from politics in the minds of the Twitter Swarm.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
>Hire 2-3 viewers to make a new generation
>Only pay for the model, force them to pay for literally everything else, including writing lore, graphics, music, and animations
>Collect money from huge viewership boost on new gen debut
>Let the new hire manager with 2 weeks of experience handle their entire generation
>Proceed to only do the "nijisanji basic shit" merch and forget they exist unless they pop off
They literally pass the expenses to the talents. So that's why they're more profitable than Hololive. It's literally MLM.
Between yours and @PleaseCheckYourReceipts comments, this may be the real ghost that comes back to haunt them; not just Zaion's mismanagement.

Based Niggasanji, protecting da brand from... *checks note* Dees Nuts. :smugselen:
I'm sure it being past 4am has a hand in it, but this fucking killed me good.

This document should be paired 100% alongside the complete neglect of Niji's former Indonesia branch. Jesus fuck I certainly hope any aspiring vTubers are turned away from applying for Niji after today.

So for the final tally, we have:
  • Niji confirmed to do stealth suspensions, and talents are confirmed to make up lies about why they're taking "breaks" during said stealth suspensions
  • Their interview process is messy (they might forget to email you the interview link, they do not tell you much about the company and just ask questions about you)
  • They say talents make more than they would make as an indie streamer, but they do not cover debut costs
  • Little to no pre-debut gen mingling to know each other better
  • Management might get selectively autistic about things you can or cant do, and managers you can or can't speak to with seemingly with no rhyme or reason
  • Company policies seem to change depending on which talent they apply to
Man, hearing Zaion lie to her fans to just be completely shut off from any kind out outlet; I can only imagine the amount of loneliness she felt from turning off her stream, and then just being... stuck.

Having read through all of that and this thread I seriously wonder: What now?
She's definitely getting in trouble, there is no fucking way Niji lets this go without trying to teach her a lesson for speaking out. Will she get sued? Is she gonna keep fanning the flames of drama by telling people when she does get sued?
Some others have said it, but going after Zaion will be the easiest and best way to give her story complete credibility. Not that I will ever give them the benefit of the doubt to make any reasonable decisions anymore.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Everyone expected Procter, who is once again sleeping on the drama for not being in the superior time zones
Watching from the sidelines, Proctor's ability to have everything blow up while he's sleeping is kind of impressive. This forum is going to cause him severe insomnia problems for reasons completely separate from management issues, haha. My sympathies.

niggaphil

To be fair, we didn't know how these corpo works, and only a bunch of fake news rrats, which i just read them as entertainment.

However, with the Sayu's document, it literally exposed how Niji corpo and management work behind the scene, because she IS ZAION, the women who worked with them before.

It just showed how Niji corpo possibly function as a ponchi/pyramid scheme with the vtuber contract and interviews. It would be a good news for indies not to join niji in the future. However, it is just the words from sayu, the evidence will be more valid if niji is stupid enough to sue her, it will turned into Depp vs Amber.

Now i am waiting the evidence of how Hololive works. It is surprising that even Rushia did not go full expose on how Hololive works after termination. I guess the work environment might be slightly better than Niji

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Now i am waiting the evidence of how Hololive works. It is surprising that even Rushia did not go full expose on how Hololive works after termination. I guess the work environment might be slightly better than Niji
Well, theres always a chance of good ole Vespy having a total takeshi death moment...

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
I do want to be serious for a moment and give props to reply boy Ren. I give all NijiEN dudes shit over this or that, but he's the one guy that at least put an effort into acting professional.
I dunno if his output will be to my liking but I will consider catching a stream or two to check.

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped
Between yours and @PleaseCheckYourReceipts comments, this may be the real ghost that comes back to haunt them; not just Zaion's mismanagement.

I'm sure it being past 4am has a hand in it, but this fucking killed me good.

Man, hearing Zaion lie to her fans to just be completely shut off from any kind out outlet; I can only imagine the amount of loneliness she felt from turning off her stream, and then just being... stuck.

Some others have said it, but going after Zaion will be the easiest and best way to give her story complete credibility. Not that I will ever give them the benefit of the doubt to make any reasonable decisions anymore.
Go to sleep retard

Top Bottom