"'Are you lonely?' YES... y...no, of course not, I just like to hug my blankets OK?"Fujikura Uruka

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

God's Strongest Dragoon

If she broke a NDA there is absolutely a path to a lawsuit. What are you talking about ass covering?

“Trust me judge I wasn’t defaming the company because I specifically wrote I wasn’t defaming them when I aired all their dirty laundry”
Defamation in the United States requires malicious intent and incorrect statements. Truth is protected against defamation in the United States as the true statements are not seen as defamatory by their nature. If Anycolor attempts to sue for defamation, that means discovery for both parties. Unless Sayu is completely schizoposting off her meds, discovery will be a complete nightmare for Anycolor and they'll look even worse. She was pretty wise to repeatedly state in her manifesto about her sole intent about simply giving her side of the story and she has no ill-will towards the company or the talents. As she even included the shit that made her look bad (like the rape joke), it seems she realizes she should only include stuff she knows is 100% verifiably true. If Anycolor attempts to sue for breach of NDA, they'll find out that trying to sue someone over an NDA in California isn't a great case.

Everyone saying that California doesn't accept NDAs in this thread is actually blatantly wrong, the state is just very specific about the details. It's why you don't see NDAs at major tech companies in the state being broken left and right. Considering how incompetent Anycolor has shown themselves to be, they likely made the NDA too generic and non-specific, which would cause it to be immediately thrown out of court.

Havent the Tempus boys shittalked a fuckton of games before? I remember someone having a rage stream at OW and one of their first memes was "perms lost" because they shat on certain games while having bants
Nearly all the HQ boys have done it. While everyone has pointed out Magni's infamous OW stream, Altare went full bore on The Callisto Protocol. Vesper was among the group collab that was shit talking Ubisoft for Monopoly.

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Allegation reasons:
  1. Retarded
  2. Yep, figures hogleg would be tied to "issues for stakeholders". Honestly, her statement right after the 30:36 stamp is more damning (and based) "If we're not doing something for moral reasons, then I had nothing to do with it". Obviously, "moral" here means kowtow to the alphabet soup. And then she fangirled about her love of the franchise; FUCK YOU NijiEN for taking this away from us.
  3. Tried to explain her mistake and situation, they didn't care. Fuck. off. - I'm starting a counter.
  4. Dark joke aside, Are you KIDDING ME? Nervous laughter AGAIN, just like that Pokemon kid? Fuck off NijiEN counter: 3
  5. Alright, so the first one where Zaion made a decision that went against what she told management. She apologized, but let's throw it on the termination list anyway.
  6. Just like the "endorsing Zionists", this was bullshit. F.O.NijiEN Counter: 4
  7. Literally everyone knows the UNO code is dogshit, and plenty of vtubers have said as much. F.O.NijiEN Counter: 5
  8. Hey management, you guys realize that two negatives don't necessarily make a positive without context, right? And Zaion didn't even know this was an issue until the cancelation? You guys talk to the talents... right?
  9. Ok, you know what they say about assuming; but she still apologized. So far, Zaion L's: 2
  10. No... noooo... are you shitting me? A FUCKING TECHNICALITY?! There's a website and Twitter! How... how would management even know this Brand existed in the first place?? RRAT: At this point they were looking for any and all reasons to fire her. F.O.NijiEN Counter: 6
  11. Oh no, she liked a meme! I'm sure when you called to chastise her about it, you also gave her encouragement and support for the amount of doxxing she's been receiving right? F.O.NijiEN Counter: 7
Personal Experience:
What a fucking shit show. This entire saga needs to be in every training manual of WHAT NOT TO DO as management. Let's hire a hardcore gacha player and NOT let them show high levels of endgame content. And suspending her for "going over" her managers heads to a person who would ACTUALLY talk to her and treat her like a person?! As Panko says, "rope on amazon is cheap"; some of these people should take advantage of that.

chihirogumi

My 2 cents

-I believe most of what Zaion says here, the level of mismanagement here is detailed and believable. Especially since this a company that is still only a half a decade old. Also, the sheer number of talents they have under their wing makes it harder to build close-knit relationships like I assume Hololive has. While my oshi Chii-chan isn't struggling with numbers, it did take management two whole years just to take action against the vicious antis that bothered her. I'd imagine it's worse with talents that are struggling and I'm not surprised that they did nothing to stop Zaion's antis. Not even a token statement to leave her alone like Holo did for Rushia. This is the part of the whole saga that disgusts me the most.
-This basically confirms what we all suspected that NijiEN talents were forbidden from playing the Hogwarts game because they knew the tranny chimp outs would fracture their community. It almost makes sense, but at the same time you're pandering to mentally ill online freaks who will shit on you for any other minor transgression so kind of a lose lose. Its funny because NijiJPs like Kuzuha were able to play it no problem.
-The decision to give a newbie wave a newbie manager is hilariously incompetent. Like others have said, they should have put the most experienced manager on the new wave while the newbie learns with the OG waves.
- When you consider how petty the termination statement is and pair it with this document, it makes perfect sense that she got singled out as a problem talent. They nitpicked every single thing and tried to run her out of the agency. That's pretty damning and it makes me wonder if Yugo's graduation/termination was also a case of mismanagement. If you remember, Yugo had a drunk stream where he basically mentally melted down and it seems like management does a poor job of helping them deal with the stress of being a popular streamer.
-Since Kirsche and Shondo have shown up in her mentions it'd be funny to get a collab between the three of them plus Pippa for maximum troon/fujo seethe.

Edit: btw I find this excerpt from the doc very interesting too. They started disguising suspensions as breaks ever since they did it for Yugo last year.
FvbAL-TXoAEPuA-.png
Also wanted to mention about this excerpt
"It was not the manager who trained us for the whole month of November with whom we developed a bond"
My personal rrat is this is Noor as she'd be the most experienced manager in EN.

Last edited:

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
I just wanted to watch someone competently play Genshin that was a cute anime girl. Instead she hit a dead man's switch and exposed how utterly incompetent the management of one of the big two are to a point I am shocked that they are successful at all. Generally I expect a certain level of incompetence in any corporate environment but this just seems like poor practices and poor leadership for the EN branch as a whole.
On a related note I am curious how this out of touch leadership is oblivious to dees nuts jokes but also aware enough of wizard game bad. Ignoring the possibility that the nuts thing was just an excuse to add to the pile.

Funny how her being fired for saying she was sponsored by raid shadowlegends turned out to be wrong, No one predicted niji managers was dumb enough to go even further beyond that. Beyond Dees nuts.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
-Since Kirsche and Shondo have shown up in her mentions it'd be funny to get a collab between the three of them plus Pippa for maximum troon/fujo seethe.
Pippa please make a interview episode with Sayu

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Pippa please make a interview episode with Sayu
That would be so fucking keno. Pippa if your reading this there’s no fucking way you will be able to collaborate after the the hogwarts shit. Do the interview it and your rants are your best content.

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
View attachment 23645
This reeks of the same twitter redard energy that got that kid suspended from that Pokemon tournament.
Fuck, Niji en sounds like the mix between the worst elements of western pc mindrot and japanese autistic bureaucratic rules.
But I can't just believe everything that is written here. Her story sounds more believable than what niji put out, however I, and most of you guys, are clearly somewhat biased against that corpo. Hopefully niji en managers or talents will overreact to this and reveal some more info in the process.
I know we crap on fishman a lot but not even he is stupid enough to pull this shit.
image.png

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I can't believe this is the thread that finally convinced me to make an account here. (Been lurking for a while.)

NDA's themselves are already typically meant to be applied as broadly as possible. It tends to be in the company's best interest to do so. The problem is that also tends to conflict with the rights of the workers, so it isn't uncommon for NDA's to be deemed unenforceable (at least not in the USA). Take a look at Google's NDAs for example.

Interesting nuance I wanted to add since I actually was obligated to take a business law class once. In the U.S. the malicious intent part is only required if the person is a public figure, like a celeb. If they aren't then you don't need to worry about proving malicious intent (which is hard to do).

If the Doxx is confirmed and Zaion/Sayu is in California, there's a couple of other layers to her document post.

Side note: any Vtuber would pass the public figure test when it comes to Defamation in the States. The bar is so low you have to work to not meet it.

The document Sayu posted is clearly lawyered pretty heavily. The first part is almost assuredly a line-by-line response she was doing for the Employment Lawyer with regards to Nijisanji's public statements. (Defamation / Anti-Disparagement) That's the context everything should be viewed within. Sayu clearly has gotten legal council.

Rrat Mode: the really important part of the document is this:
"That interviewer answered, "No, but I can tell you that if you sign under us that you'll make more than you're making right now." I'll never forget that. But at the time the compensation structure was not discussed."

While defamation is probably something she asked about, this likely holds some merit under California Employment Law. Sayu is clearly out money from dealing with Nijisanji and might have legal recourse for it in CA. However, it would probably not be worth anyone's time or money to file suit while Nijisanji has no real legal presence in the States. That said...

Other Rrat option: this is actually part of the settlement that Sayu & Nijisanji came to.
Zaion agrees with the decisions. She did make mistakes and agreed that separation was appropriate for both sides. I believe that there were a lot of things provided without proper context that negatively impacted her character.
This reads like lawyer speak after an agreement was come to. Need to keep an eye on Nijisanji's next financials to see if they paid extra in lawyer/administration fees.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Well, reading all that pretty much confirms what we all figured...
:thisisstupid:

What a shit show, but I can't say I don't expect something like this from a company who seems to care more about quantity over quality (no offense to some Niji talents that are actually quality entertainers). Can't say I care that much about Zaion/Sayu other than thinking the Zaion model was very well done, and I care even less about Niji as a whole, but damn, this has been something. I do wish the best of luck to Sayu if Niji plans on any sort of lawsuit, though it would be incredibly retarded of them to do so.

(Zaion making Hex not comfortable, yeah like I will trust the man who put the dildo asset in his OBS)

This one annoyed the shit out of me. I absolutely hate when dipshits like him try to make shit about them when they had nothing to do with it. I can only imagine he was trying to be some attention whore by dogpiling on the Zaion hate and inserting himself into something that had nothing to do with him. Imagine whining about a joke making you uncomfortable when the joke had nothing to do with you nor was it even said around you. Fuck his response in particular.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

>Hire 2-3 viewers to make a new generation
>Only pay for the model, force them to pay for literally everything else, including writing lore, graphics, music, and animations
>Collect money from huge viewership boost on new gen debut
>Let the new hire manager with 2 weeks of experience handle their entire generation
>Proceed to only do the "nijisanji basic shit" merch and forget they exist unless they pop off
They literally pass the expenses to the talents. So that's why they're more profitable than Hololive. It's literally MLM.

Calling Nijisanji a MLM is definitely on point. It's definitely in the Amway-range for "this is legal but don't really have to like it" variety. I wonder if there's any jurisdictions they'd be required to disclose that type of information during the hiring process.

chihirogumi

The Virgin Nijisanji
Fva-uq5XsAIqFkH.png
vs the Chad Hololive
Risu did it again... twice... 0-30 screenshot.png

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped
Well, reading all that pretty much confirms what we all figured...
:thisisstupid:

What a shit show, but I can't say I don't expect something like this from a company who seems to care more about quantity over quality (no offense to some Niji talents that are actually quality entertainers). Can't say I care that much about Zaion/Sayu other than thinking the Zaion model was very well done, and I care even less about Niji as a whole, but damn, this has been something. I do wish the best of luck to Sayu if Niji plans on any sort of lawsuit, though it would be incredibly retarded of them to do so.

This one annoyed the shit out of me. I absolutely hate when dipshits like him try to make shit about them when they had nothing to do with it. I can only imagine he was trying to be some attention whore by dogpiling on the Zaion hate and inserting himself into something that had nothing to do with him. Imagine whining about a joke making you uncomfortable when the joke had nothing to do with you nor was it even said around you. Fuck his response in particular.
To Hex Haywire:
"My mommy says god hopes you die, and are not even lucky enough to be sent to hell but instead trapped in purgatory! Have a horrible day mister dildo man!"

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Just reposting this here, as an Anon made a good observation on /vt/
Gaslighting.png

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Scuttlesisters I don't feel so good

God's Strongest Dragoon

Calling Nijisanji a MLM is definitely on point. It's definitely in the Amway-range for "this is legal but don't really have to like it" variety. I wonder if there's any jurisdictions they'd be required to disclose that type of information during the hiring process.
The whole interview described in the document set off a bunch of red flags. When they asked for information regarding her income from her PL streaming career and her tech job while not giving specifics of how much she'd make under them while not being salaried or given a monthly minimum income, that is like textbook black company/MLM behavior. Everything about their internal process lights up the "is this an MLM?" alert like a christmas tree.
>participant is non-salaried/minimum income
Outright stated in the doc
>participant's main source of income is from predatory compensation plans from sales (merch sales, getting people to watch for ad revenue)
The intentional vagueness of "you'll make more money with us"
>nearly all participants that join MLMs end up losing money
Talents going into the red to make a debut worthy of one of the top two vtuber companies. They nuke your PL so you're forced to stay with them to make money in an attempt to make it out of the red
>the product is shit quality
Copy & pasted nijisanji merch
>poor customer service
2 week hire manager for an entire branch that punishes you for contacting them KEKW
>sketchy job interview
Everything I stated earlier

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
The Streisand effect on this would be huge.
Japanese company too fucking retarded to care about that. The fact that they took a hit from some random girl that just joined their company for a few months is good enough reason for them to want to clap back at her. She clearly consulted a lawyer since even the document is written in third person to avoid them saying that she is claiming to be Zaion which breaks NDA. I do think that there might also be a non-compete fucking her over and its the main reason why she hasnt streamed using her account. This is what she is trying to fight back and she knows that all of this in the long run is extra exposure for her. When she finally redebuts her viewer count will be much higher than when she debuted as Zaion just because all of the drama.

I just remembered that Millie had a sort of break after her secret GC stream. Now that the whole "stealth suspensions" thing is 99% confirmed could it be possible she was suspended?
Yes. Those suspensions are more preventive than anything. Keeps the talent from sperging out on social media. Gives a situation time to let things to calm down.
Would be nice if someone pointed out every short hiatus members took and how many of them were preceeded by some yab.

I know the small break Enna had the day after calling Kyo a watermelon-munching, fried chicken-eating boy from the hood was a temp suspension.

Just reposting this here, as an Anon made a good observation on /vt/
View attachment 23681
Yes that part was directly referencing Finana.

You making an account to write here (specifically on this thread) makes me think you are a lawfag. So how the hell do these contracts work when its an talent on another country. Are the contracts drafted based on the employment laws of the country of the person getting hired? So in her case USA law?

Top Bottom