"Minority group! Keep quiet!"Houshou Marine

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
IMAGINE NIJISANJI, A $2.5 BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY, GETTING MOGGED BY ONE ENTREPRENEURIAL JEW
View attachment 23652
Well you see. Unlike others, who are in it for creativity and money, like Cover. Anycolor is in it for just the money

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
I read news 2 days ago about the average subscribers of Japan Corpo Vtuber

View attachment 23654
The total vtuber/avg subscriber:
Holo = 78/970k
VSPO = 17/350k
Nijisanji = 191/350k

I am not sure it is included the graduated on or not. But looking the average number, it says something about fucked up Nijisanji management and direction. Even VSPO has better performance than Niji
Meanwhile, once again, Yagoo eats breakfast with his loving family then skips all the way to the bank

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped
How big a reach do the vtuber drama channels actually have? I think the "no roommate discussion" rules that most vtuber fan communities have will kneecap this story's ability to spread.
She spread it herself though so I doubt the 'no room mate discussion' factor matters here

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
We're eating good tonight boys, holy fuck.

This feels like a case of malicious incompetence, where they were probably trying to get her to quit of her own accord after the initial Genshin conflict (talking back to management is a red flag for such an authoritarian corporation) by generally making her experience as exhausting as possible, before eventually just giving up on plausible deniability and terminating her themselves.

The fact she was left in the red after picking up her debut costs herself is just more weight to something I've mucho texto'd about before, in that individual streamers hold little value to the company and are easily replaceable, similar to the 13-year-olds who were picked up by shady MCNs back in the day. This on its own is a take it or leave it kinda deal, but this doc confirming they're forced to cease all PL activity makes it an incredibly poor showing for the company, especially given other corpo streamers have entire separate careers outside of their corpo vtuber personas. Nijisanji offers less while asking for more.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
What I've heard is that it's very limited, intended to be an emergency support. I think Aki mentioned being on a bean sprout diet when she had to rely on it after her accident shortly after debuting left her unable to stream.
With how cheap some food is in Japan, and small apartments, it makes sense how some streamers can just survive. Initial Holo "salary" might match current Niji if they have one. I don't think they do tho.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
This feels like a case of malicious incompetence, where they were probably trying to get her to quit of her own accord after the initial Genshin conflict (talking back to management is a red flag for such an authoritarian corporation) by generally making her experience as exhausting as possible, before eventually just giving up on plausible deniability and terminating her themselves.
This is incredibly popular as a tactic in Japanese corpos and almost assuredly what happened here. In case anyone forgets, it is the same kind of tactic Konami pulled against Kojima when they wanted to get rid of him.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Well you see. Unlike others, who are in it for creativity, like Cover. Anycolor is in it for the money
No, Cover is in it for the money, Hololive was meant as a means to promote their 3D tracking tech, but Cover seems to have a more humane internal culture and better sense.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
No, Cover is in it for the money, Hololive was meant as a means to promote their 3D tracking tech, but Cover seems to have a more humane internal culture and better sense.
well, okay let me reframe that

In it for creativity and money. They want money obviously, all companies do. But Yagoo has a vision, it’s not just about making money

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I read news 2 days ago about the average subscribers of Japan Corpo Vtuber

View attachment 23654
The total vtuber/avg subscriber:
Holo = 78/970k
VSPO = 17/350k
Nijisanji = 191/350k

I am not sure it is included the graduated on or not. But looking the average number, it says something about fucked up Nijisanji management and direction. Even VSPO has better performance than Niji
This chart is almost meaningless. Niji somehow has worse performace than VSPO despite having over 10x as many talents as them with almost the exact same average sub count?

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Don't say that in front of Kson and Mikeneko.
Michael Cat has only herself to blame. Coco was a bad situation, but Cover panicking and flailing initially was kinda understandable.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
It's almost as if uh, y'know, your talents won't form cliques and go after each other if they actually have enough time to get to know each other, and aren't just Vtuber #97/191.

MagicHammer

None of the reasons listed on her termination letter are the actual reason she was fired. This is a Jap company and when you work for a jap company you do not, under ANY circumstances ask questions or criticize your superiors or the company. She pushed back when they told her not to play on her PL account and even went so far as to point out their hypocrisy. Upper management probably decided she had to go the moment that happened.
This is the crux of it, pushing against your superiors/management in a lot Japanese companies is to put a target on your back. They were fairly obviously going out of their way to fuck with her, with the aim of either breaking her or forcing her to quit.

And that's why many of the other talents have gotten away with arguably worse violations, they don't second guess management and stay in their good graces.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
well, okay let me reframe that

In it for creativity and money. They want money obviously, all companies do. But Yagoo has a vision, it’s not just about making money
Yes, you are right. It is only ~99% about making money. They are a publicly traded company.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Michael Cat has only herself to blame. Coco was a bad situation, but Cover panicking and flailing initially was kinda understandable.
I was making a joke saying they would disagree from their POV, not trying to imply I agreed with them. I can see it interpreted as the latter now that I look at it again, oops.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Just got back from night out, jumping forward just to say:
HOLY FUCK NIJINIGGAS JUST GOT NUKED YET AGAIN, WILL THE YABS NEVER END?! THIS IS WHAT I CALL JUICY KANTENT!

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Yes, you are right. It is only ~99% about making money. They are a publicly traded company.
does it make a difference that, from what I recall , 20% of the company was put on the market and the rest wasn’t?

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Rushia's implosion was self-inflicted but I think Cover were doing the malicious incompetence shit toward Coco too, I remember her allegedly being given the runaround when trying to make plans through the EN managers. I would not be surprised if they were just trying to get her to leave to get West Taiwan off their back, without having to explicitly fire her since that'd have awful optics for anyone living in a sane country.

Kalion

:)
If I'm remembering right, Japanese laws make it really hard to actually fire someone. Thus instead they just treat you like crap until you quit, or completely ignore you.
They even have a term for it: Oidashibeya or "the banishment room". Basically they give you an office out of view of everyone else and push off all the worst work they can on you on top of giving you zero support and treating you badly. Eventually, you'll slip up and be fireable or quit before you lose your mind.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
This chart is almost meaningless. Niji somehow has worse performace than VSPO despite having over 10x as many talents as them with almost the exact same average sub count?
It's worse then that. Niji has people who never stream and some are famous for it. It's a totally useless chart. How many VSPO talents have a million subs?

Anyways, back to Zaion. Unlike Yugo or other grads, Zaions genmates turned against her. That annoys me because I thought maybe they had a difference in understanding the job. Now I feel the generates were just being company shills.

Top Bottom