"I'm a sheepy girl! In a sheepy wo-oorld! Life in plastic, it's fantastic! You can brush my hair, undress m...AAAAAAAGHH!!!"Chikafuji Lisa

The Kenji Situation

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Certainly but what makes a public figure anymore, we have the Covington Kid who was made into a public figure just because others were filming him. Could certainly say that Vtuber as well are public figure as well.
The one willing to spend on lawyers more than opponent will decide.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Sayu thanks the Sincroknights and her friends

thorazine

I doubt anyone in mythic would have told him to shut up. Other vtubers in it probably that would explain the circling the wagons we saw when a bunch of them came out to defend him in the "dox".
Do they just bring in everyone and anyone? Mythic starting to look like machinima.
I was under the assumption that while Hololive/Nijisanji etc. are heavily influenced by the idol industry, that Mythic Talent is closer to an American style talent agency where they are responsible for helping you get gigs. At least thats the vibe I got. Like, Holo/Niji employs and pays salaries to their vtubers, while talent agents are 10%ers. :botanshrug:
Edit: I also think that maybe Kenji got scared when LegalMindset wandered into someone's Twitter threads? Not because he's a lawyer but because he's got 100k+ subs and gets regularly quoted on Youtube by other big creators. Monkey got scared when the big boys showed up, that's my rrat.
The dramafag in me wishes LegalMindset didnt announce his actions far enough in advance to give kenji adequate warning.
Instead of continue to be a retard liable and defamation is actually hard to prove in US courts. For starts you need to prove that the person doing it has actually malice, then you need to find it written down and presented to a judge who like many have already pointed out would just roll there eyes at this, or not understand the point at all. Could Sayu you have a case possible would it hold up from any motion to dismiss hell no. So listen to the Lawyer and shut the hell up.
I doubt anyone involved is wealthy enough to retain a lawyer for a protracted suit, let alone have enough money to be worth suing.

God's Strongest Dragoon

For starts you need to prove that the person doing it has actually malice
He provided that when he said during his meltdown stream he'll unprivate the VOD of him calling her a pedo and discussing her doxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx just to hurt her.
slander may not get as much in damages since it is less likely to spread as far
Not in this case, as his youtube VOD had 500k+ views.

Defamation cases are notoriously difficult to prove but this retard somehow found a way to make is possible. Would it have been worth pursuing? No, it's not worth it financially as you'd just be punishing him while wasting a bunch of money you wouldn't see on return because the retard is working at a grocery store or some shit. The only way you'd get some money back from it is if you got his agency, Mythic, tied up in it to make it worthwhile. However once you get a company of that size involved, you're now dealing with a prolonged legal battle and that makes it even more expensive to pursue even if the payout is actually substantial. So overall, it's just not worth suing despite it all. However it did scare him.

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
This douchebag dragging Kage over a full ass private apology
Him "what apology does he want"
Kage "I don't expect an apology cause everything is my fault"
READ MOTHERFUCKER

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Certainly but what makes a public figure anymore, we have the Covington Kid who was made into a public figure just because others were filming him. Could certainly say that Vtuber as well are public figure as well.
Ok, but read the last sentence from my post again. "Public figure" issues are a US thing, and may not apply in wherever in SEA Kenji is.
Not in this case, as his youtube VOD had 500k+ views.
That would still be libel, as it was broadcasted.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
This douchebag dragging Kage over a full ass private apology
Him "what apology does he want"
Kage "I don't expect an apology cause everything is my fault"
READ MOTHERFUCKER

Why do i get the feeling this is an ESL moment
As in "i dont expect an apology (from you) because everything is my fault"
And they're getting their final pound of flesh from this whole thing
Twitterfags man

Negzana

This is 17 pages already? Fuck grifters, fuck drama whores, fuck farm equipment, etc, etc, etc

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
This is 17 pages already? Fuck grifters, fuck drama whores, fuck farm equipment, etc, etc, etc

Just don't get the milking machine and the combine harvester mixed up.

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
Just don't get the milking machine and the combine harvester mixed up.
You are having a follow up stream, right? This shit is moving stupidly fast and its been hard to keep up with everything.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
You are having a follow up stream, right? This shit is moving stupidly fast and its been hard to keep up with everything.

Perhaps on Wednesday. I prefer to give time and wait for details to resolve themselves out of the murk, still have a fair number of leads to chase up. Meanwhile;

1713738194283.jpeg

This is Dove's ex-boyfriend who almost certainly started the whole thing when she broke up with him, btw. He's got a healthy future as a MGTOW advocate at this rate.

Stunned But Dumb

Meanwhile;
This is why I asked about him earlier. Things are for the most part winding down and he's still going for it? I don't know how big Maki is, but I felt like he was throwing Kenji at stuff like an active idiot bomb to cause problems.

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Perhaps on Wednesday. I prefer to give time and wait for details to resolve themselves out of the murk, still have a fair number of leads to chase up. Meanwhile;

View attachment 68439

This is Dove's ex-boyfriend who almost certainly started the whole thing when she broke up with him, btw. He's got a healthy future as a MGTOW advocate at this rate.
Female behaviour in full display. How fucking vindictive and petty do you have to be?
Anyone remember when you were little and your parents always told you that being an adult meant maturity and adults were better at controlling themselves than children? Yeah they fucking lied.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Anyone remember when you were little and your parents always told you that being an adult meant maturity and adults were better at controlling themselves than children? Yeah they fucking lied.
That's because you had both parents. We're watching literal fatherless behavior.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

View attachment 68439

He honestly probably was the one who sent Kenji the initial Sayu tweet given he was providing all those screenshots in the first place

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
That's because you had both parents. We're watching literal fatherless behavior.
I'm mexican remember? My parents died in a drug smuggling gang war. I was orphaned and raised by cartel eagles and Los Lobos guerrilleros.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

View attachment 68439

This guy need some jesus in his life. Preferably, in form of predatory sect that will get him off the internet and into the woods.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
He honestly probably was the one who sent Kenji the initial Sayu tweet given he was providing all those screenshots in the first place
It was pretty obvious when he rabidly posted screenshots including the one where Sayu was put in a low priority for collab, the one list he rapidly deleted

God's Strongest Dragoon

I'm mexican remember? My parents died in a drug smuggling gang war. I was orphaned and raised by cartel eagles and Los Lobos guerrilleros.
Parental figures, still counts.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Top Bottom