"gacha games are poison. i like poison 🥹"Kevin 'Sakana' Li

The Graduation of Magni Dezmond and Vesper Noir - WE'RE SO BACK ORC BROS

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I think the person I would feel bad for if they both graduated would be Pako-sensei.

Like dude just needs a W honestly.
If Vesper doesn't make it, he will be down two children... hope that doesn't discourage him and he tries again, like Mika Pikazo did. It is obvious how much he really loves the industry.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
What was the name of the one artist who quit after having like the overwhelming majority of her kids graduate? Hopefully he's not that cursed but it's like this shit happens like that

Kalion

:)
What was the name of the one artist who quit after having like the overwhelming majority of her kids graduate? Hopefully he's not that cursed but it's like this shit happens like that
Rosuuri.

Malchior

Again sad with some news might mean nothing to this case... but that made me thought in the rrats we done related to Vesper and one of his family members...

This rrat is nothing new is just my take...

Magni/Vesper hiatus might be for the most part unrelated but it all happened with Vesper receiving some real bad news related to someone in his family and maybe cause of the collab Vesper said what happened, Magni then didn't feel good enough to stream cause of that and Vesper was more occupied with doing what needed to be done that being anything in between taking care of a vegetative state FM up to filling a role of this FM in anything necessary making him unable to do much more than this.

Magni on the other side wouldn't be affected by any I've said... and I admit the only thing I've here for his side of the story is just some weak ass sauce...

I don't know what would make him stop so abruptly to stream... I said it was understandable of him not streaming that day cause of the news but that wouldn't explain more than a month without it... but could that be a the straw that broke the camel's back to a burnout?
Maybe the creation of his music plus other stuff made he almost throw away everything and was convinced or even asked by Vesper to not gave up... cause then he would now feel guilty for that while needing to handle the shitshow his life has become...
Magni manager then said for him to take all the time he needed that they would take care of the rest. His roommate being more active might mean that he's testing the indie waters or his way to take his time...

TLDR - Nothing new just me bending a bar like origami to fit my rrat

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Has there actually been any real evidence that Cover has a non-compete in their contracts? Not saying they don't, but non-competes aren't really enforceable, except in particular circumstances, usually their NDA is what stops them from doing something dodgy after employment.
Non-competes might be difficult to enforce legally, but getting caught violating one would be a good way to kill any opportunities to work in entertainment in the future.

I don't think we have definitive proof if Cover include non-competes, but I would be very surprised if they didn't, at least for a period of time. From the company's perspective, taking on a new talent involves making an investment (upfront costs plus the cost of marketing them) with the intention to later receive a return on that investment (the revenue share). They would not want a contracted talent to also maintain an active vtuber account outside of the company that grows through word-of-mouth thanks to the exposure Cover have paid for, as said talent could then graduate the company persona at the first opportunity, depriving the company of the ROI.

I personally dislike non-competes. I have witnessed contractors continue working in poor conditions because the mandated "break" after they leave would be damaging to them financially, and I've also enjoyed seeing contractors I know give a confident "well, fuck you then" and quitting in response to harsher non-competes being added to their contracts when a renewal was due. But I also understand why someone running a business would include them for a limited period of time, to ensure new recruits aren't planning to promote themselves at the company's expense, then bolt before they've earnt that money back.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Perhaps its a cope for their fans:but the bad news Lando received could be unrelated or they are delaying their Hiatus for more weeks.
If this really its a termination i wonder what happened these weeks.First ever Stars termination and first ever EN Termination.It doesnt look good in any side but these branchs always had problems,with 3 early graduations and now 2 terminations .
I wonder where that info leak went (FaggotEye its out of the question)or if they did other unrelated thing that had nothing to do with Chris and Rushia situations.

I am Jack's...

-WATOTO- YubiぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽぽYubi, Bau Bau
Non-competes might be difficult to enforce legally, but getting caught violating one would be a good way to kill any opportunities to work in entertainment in the future.

I don't think we have definitive proof if Cover include non-competes, but I would be very surprised if they didn't, at least for a period of time. From the company's perspective, taking on a new talent involves making an investment (upfront costs plus the cost of marketing them) with the intention to later receive a return on that investment (the revenue share). They would not want a contracted talent to also maintain an active vtuber account outside of the company that grows through word-of-mouth thanks to the exposure Cover have paid for, as said talent could then graduate the company persona at the first opportunity, depriving the company of the ROI.

I personally dislike non-competes. I have witnessed contractors continue working in poor conditions because the mandated "break" after they leave would be damaging to them financially, and I've also enjoyed seeing contractors I know give a confident "well, fuck you then" and quitting in response to harsher non-competes being added to their contracts when a renewal was due. But I also understand why someone running a business would include them for a limited period of time, to ensure new recruits aren't planning to promote themselves at the company's expense, then bolt before they've earnt that money back.

I guess that's the real purpose of non-competes, to scare someone into not leaving because their livelihood would be at risk.

And it's entirely possible they have one specifically for vtuber models, on how long it might be is another question. The problem is there really haven't been a lot of people leaving Hololive, the two prominent cases that returned to streaming are Kson and Michael cat, Kson graduated and was using a vtuber model before, during and straight after her time in Hololive and Michael cat was fired and started as a png and then had a full vtuber model (interestingly) exactly two months later (Fired 24th Feb, new model 24th Apr). Very few people in Hololive have secondary accounts, and they're all fleshies, so we don't know if it's enforced or personal preference.

Whether they have a non-compete or not, is probably something we won't know unless a disgruntled ex-member spills the info. It does seem that Hololive tries to focus more on having good work conditions and making people want to stay, as they want people to be happy and stay for the long haul. Rather than shaking a bat at them to keep them fearful and in line.

Stunned But Dumb

Demondice had a Vtuber avatar being worked on but she ended up never using it, probably because she focused on Calli. Every contract is different yeah, but if there was a non compete that late into the game I don't think she would've bothered making that.

I just don't think it exists for Holo

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Demondice had a Vtuber avatar being worked on but she ended up never using it, probably because she focused on Calli. Every contract is different yeah, but if there was a non compete that late into the game I don't think she would've bothered making that.

I just don't think it exists for Holo
We are talking about people leaving Holo.

Stunned But Dumb

Oh, I'm dumb. Carry on then

UberSoldat

The silence is honestly frustrating, all it does is breed dumb rrats. It's honestly worse than having official news to begin with.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
The silence is honestly frustrating, all it does is breed dumb rrats. It's honestly worse than having official news to begin with.
We are past a point where i think you should really care more about the individual instead of the situation.Not only its this is a first in Holo but also we ran out of rrats at this point.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Perhaps its a cope for their fans:but the bad news Lando received could be unrelated or they are delaying their Hiatus for more weeks.
I suspect it is. Simply because hes saying something about it whatever the fuck is happening they are keeping their mouths shut about it that something is being said now means it should be unrelated.

We are past a point where i think you should really care more about the individual instead of the situation.Not only its this is a first in Holo but also we ran out of rrats at this point.
Speak for yourself.

Vesper went mining for Yukon gold and struck Oil he needs Magni to crunch the numbers Cover is covering for them both in exchange for 30% when they buy out ninjisanji.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
At this point, I'm just waiting for Vesper to show up to Cover HQ in one of these.

Killdozer.png

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Things from this stream:
- Randon recommended he play Needy Girl Overdose. Noteable because Holo no longer has perms for it.
- He's still together with his GF, but has had high and low points, apparently. People had previously thought they broke up until she appeared during his BDay stream.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

Things from this stream:
- Randon recommended he play Needy Girl Overdose. Noteable because Holo no longer has perms for it.
- He's still together with his GF, but has had high and low points, apparently. People had previously thought they broke up until she appeared during his BDay stream.

Was it Randon telling Lando, Lando himself, or a Holo from another stream who said that Holo no longer has Needy Girl Overdose perms?

Also, off-topic but I'm surprised and a little peeved that Needy Girl Overdose perms were time-limited or pulled.

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3
I am very confused about everything,nothing makes sense and i dont know what to think.If that was main goal,Good Job Cover,if not i think this its very stupid.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Was it Randon telling Lando, Lando himself, or a Holo from another stream who said that Holo no longer has Needy Girl Overdose perms?

Also, off-topic but I'm surprised and a little peeved that Needy Girl Overdose perms were time-limited or pulled.
They were time-limited, unfortunately. Wonder if they could get them again if a streamer asked. I would love to see Advent play it.

Bettel was one of the last to play it because, I think, Vesper or Axel told him to and they were losing perms soon.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
They were time-limited, unfortunately. Wonder if they could get them again if a streamer asked. I would love to see Advent play it.

Bettel was one of the last to play it because, I think, Vesper or Axel told him to and they were losing perms soon.
Likely I suspect them being timed to begin with is just the standard offered contract and no one cared to change it. I think the only exception to this is Devolver games ? who basically plaster "play our games fuckers" nearly everywhere it can fit.

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
Just a bit of hopium I found while randomly browsing the holo hugbox
1692501918317.png

This normally wouldn't mean much, but this is currently one of the top posts in the official sub; If their names were tied to any controversial/terminal situation behind the scenes, I don't think staff would let it stand for as long as it has - From what I remember, most threads and posts regarding the Rushia situation got snipped in a matter of minutes, and this was before she was officially terminated. There's also Magni being front and center in one of Shinri's recent thumbnails. I think it's safe to say the boys are in the clear for now.

E: Bettel just namedropped Mag during his august 19th stream (about 3 hours in). They're safe. There's no way they're not.

Top Bottom