"stop pretending you have friends"Kevin 'Sakana' Li (to Eimi Isami)

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
imagine if niji managers are reading this thread:

if she was being bullied, you find out who was doing it, what it was about, you nod your head in agreement and say "hey i shouldn't tell you this, nothing is final, no decision has been made yet, but i think corporate is going file criminal charges over her telling people to reupload the video. I know! its silly as fuck! but you cant endorse piracy so brazenly you know? she didnt even file the permissions correctly, if word got out this could, you know, ruin her life"

then you sit back and watch the rumor mill churn. you send the suggestion up the chain. you ask publically ask loyalists to send you links to the reupload so you can dmca because perms arent in place but you'll totally release it fair and square when it is. "Hey does anyone have an archive of selens tweet telling to reupload the mv?" show machinations are grinding overtime for something.

From ANYCOLOR, Inc.

"On February 7, 2024, ANYCOLOR made the decision that "famous artist pipkun" is a true and honest fan. The impact of this decision on our sanity will be negligible."

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter

famous artist pipkun

Yes, I know, but I'm nevertheless scared that you're so proficient at malicious office gossip
idk if you work in an office but be the guy or gal who brings cookies to work. buy them from the fancy cookie place retards love. no nuts. people love that shit

Kalion

:)
Yes, I know, but I'm nevertheless scared that you're so proficient at malicious office gossip
He did say he had years of experience as a manager.
You don't climb the corporate ladder without learning how to backstab your way to the top.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
This shit almost made me late to work today. I'm sitting there, drinking my morning coffee and couldn't stop reading. Lost track of time. It's a fucking greatest hits album at this point and it just keeps delivering.

USS IOWA

My prediction is that NijiEN will be gone near the end of the year.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
I never cared much about Apex until I watched the first Selen + Bobon collab. That was what got me into watching Niji. Stream was about 6 hours long and I watched the whole damn thing. Funniest shit ever.
So happens to be my favourite stream as well, so I went looking for it. Their banter is great, the reveal of Bobon being an ex pro player is great, hearing them have genuine fun in this mess of a game is the most feelsgood moment of my earliest Niji watching time.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
He did say he had years of experience as a manager.
You don't climb the corporate ladder without learning how to backstab your way to the top.
lol I was just about to post that bringing in a large box of donuts in the morning is some managerial 101 to keep the worker drones happy. Or being the person who is the unofficial company cheerleader and does all the birthday and holiday office party planning.. great way to be everyone's friend and kiss up to the bosses.

Negzana

I wonder if other major vtuber corpos are going to release a statement that no, they in fact don't drive their talents to suicide. Might be hard for Cover due to Aloe and Wactor cuz lol, but this is a time where vtubing corpos should show they are ethical.

USS IOWA

I wonder if other major vtuber corpos are going to release a statement that no, they in fact don't drive their talents to suicide. Might be hard for Cover due to Aloe and Wactor cuz lol, but this is a time where vtubing corpos should show they are ethical.
Ibdoubt it, Best they can do is just stay quiet and just take care of their talents and talents will tell it themselves of what they have experienced in a corpo, directly or otherwise

Tired Taxpayer

After all of the things happening it made me remember a long time ago when Holo and Niji couldn't collab and people were rrating about which company was the little bitch that was stopping them...

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Waiting room for the NEXT Selen stream is up.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

Koronesuki

X-Potato
My prediction is that NijiEN will be gone near the end of the year.
I don't know if they're even going to make it that long.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
imagine if niji managers are reading this thread:

if she was being bullied, you find out who was doing it, what it was about, you nod your head in agreement and say "hey i shouldn't tell you this, nothing is final, no decision has been made yet, but i think corporate is going file criminal charges over her telling people to reupload the video. I know! its silly as fuck! but you cant endorse piracy so brazenly you know? she didnt even file the permissions correctly, if word got out this could, you know, ruin her life"

then you sit back and watch the rumor mill churn. you send the suggestion up the chain. you ask publically ask loyalists to send you links to the reupload so you can dmca because perms arent in place but you'll totally release it fair and square when it is. "Hey does anyone have an archive of selens tweet telling to reupload the mv?" show machinations are grinding overtime for something.
idk if you work in an office but be the guy or gal who brings cookies to work. buy them from the fancy cookie place retards love. no nuts. people love that shit
b8f.png

bothyourhouses

I wonder, termination is a black mark, but when it's an obvious bullshit and shady move from a company that looks like the Eridanus Supervoid in blackness, would other companies see this as a blacklist/black mark from hiring her? Like would she be unable to get into VSPO?
You'd hope not, but Japanese companies man, I just don't know.
Anyway, am I crazy, or does this notice seem WORSE then Zaions?
Zaion's notice was one page of any random bullshit they could throw at her. Let's just flick the mosquito off the skin and pretend it never happened.
It's worse in the sense they seem to hate her more. But I don't think they've found anything that will stick.
Any JP bros here? Can we make the same for the other announcement?
At this point there should be notes on all the character accounts warning that Anycolor controls them and has a known pattern of falsifying statement from their talents.
Company can be nice place and good work culture, but it's all soured when your project is thwarted into incoherent donation dumpster.
Meh, depends on the work culture. I spent 4 years working on a system that ended up never getting deployed, but the place was chill and paid well. Good times.
Yeah, corpo vtubers technically not owning anything and being at the mercy of their employer, that could just fuck them over at any point is a fragile power imbalance, but dunno, that's just how stuff is in this world
The whole industry is only a few years old, they're still figuring out what models work, and fans actually have quite a lot of influence on that (e.g. you'd better believe corporates would make recasting the norm if they could get away with that). You could imagine other economic models, e.g. something akin to how the music industry does it, where the talent would get an advance to buy their model and then gradually pay that back out of their revenue share, in return for streaming under that corpo for a particular time.
Since when does "boycott" refer to countries?
Since at least 1905, with Gandhi's boycott of British-made products. The boycott of South Africa in the apartheid years is pretty famous.
If you ask me, it feels like "stop supporting corporate vtubers, because I don't want to compete with them."
I think that's a fair thing to ask though? The only way to stop a race to the bottom is to have some kind of solidarity (and dare I say it, a union) where talents agree to some line in the sand where they won't work for abusive companies, and viewers don't support companies that don't meet that standard. Otherwise there's always going to be someone who takes the Faustian bargain of signing up with a company that has terrible pay and conditions, but can outspend any indie.
I still find it weird their labor codes wouldn't have provisions for contractors
Contractors don't get notice periods pretty much anywhere, but Japan does have some laws to protect them, particularly when a large company contracts with a small one or an individual. E.g. it's seriously illegal for a large company to not pay an individual contractor within 30 days of work being delivered, even if the contract specifies a longer payment period. So if the stories of artists not being paid are true, that could actually be a much bigger legal issue for Niji.
People are sleeping on Sony as they just got Mirai Akari when everyone and their mother tought she would go to Vshojo because she is friends with Kson
They can pull the same deal with Multiple Nijisanji Stars that leave
If you think Japanese corpo autism is bad now, wait until Sony arrives on the scene. They still have dating bans in their idol contracts. Their management will be competent in a narrow sense, but they'll require permission requests to be submitted in triplicate 6 months ahead and then reject them because there was a comma in the wrong place.
I am not wholly surprised that retards are actually expecting active nijisanji livers to address the situation in full force and by proper names, as if suddenly struck by a sharp surge of righteousness and thus ignore all of the draconian redtape nijisanji is world-famous for. Everyone in EN suddenly decided to take off/go on a break from social media at the same goddamned time, imagine why that would be you coomsocked numbnuts.
Breaking your company's policies and your contract is not something to be done lightly, but there's a time and a place for it when what that company has done is unconscionable.
The worst part is not that you wasted 5 bucks, or that you had to listen to this creature speak for more than 5 seconds, but that you knowingly gave money to Riku.
Look on the bright side, the talent gets some of it, so he only really gave Riku $4.90.

braindoko

This BVTM Yamanba is desperate for validation and wanting to start shit, even in the comments people are being reasonable and telling him Enna is just tone deaf and not malicious
Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 11.26.06.png

:lumitenmakillhim:
Anyone who watched her even in passing knows her whole character is being obsessed with murdering friends and foes

edit: does X care about ban evasion? because this is his 3rd or 4th account :gloomiLaugh:

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Proctor you didnt have to expose him like that.... actually yeah you had too.

famous artist pipkun

Contractors don't get notice periods pretty much anywhere, but Japan does have some laws to protect them, particularly when a large company contracts with a small one or an individual.
bare reading of japanese distinctions in worker classification is that contractors are employees with a 1 year work contract. they're treated the same as fulltime employees otherwise.

e: explains the stories from JET workers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom