"I don't get why rodge (Rogue) equals random though, that's an interesting way to call it"IRyS

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
The proper term is "useful idiots".
This term has lost its meaning cause useful idiots started to use it. Like the entire population of america.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
So just for clarification BPD is Borderline Personality Disorder not Bipolar? Just wanna be clear going forward.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Btw I really don't want Brave group being the 2nd biggest vtuber agency, they look fine and dandy now but they were the original vtuber black corpo, when everybody was losing their shit thinking Upd8 was gonna try to skinwalk kizuna the bastards do exactly that with 4 of their talents, and that was because the game club project was fucking imploding because of a bullying scandal and the backlash of this two things was so big they had to rename from Unlimited inc to brave so I really don't trust them
It all goes back to bullying
I hope we dont have to live in that timeline

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
So just for clarification BPD is Borderline Personality Disorder not Bipolar? Just wanna be clear going forward.
BPD not bipolar.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Um...
Borderline
Personality
Disorder

God's Strongest Dragoon

They most likely looked at her numbers, compare it to the JP livers, and decide hers as well as the entire EN branch is minor. The JP liver streams are completely disconnected from the fallout from what I've seen. It's as if nothing happened, including Kotoka who was streaming during the announcement of termination. Only Moira and to a lesser extent Suzuya Aki got dislike bombs and that's more related to Chihiro.
The problem is that it doesn't matter that whether they're the kings of JP at this point. The issue is that they are now going through the motions of shuttering their third overseas branch. Just because their EN branch is much smaller than their JP branch, their investors are not going to be happy to hear that they are going to see 20% of their revenue start to deteriorate. They are now 0 for 3 for overseas expansions while their main competitor is 2 for 2 in the same markets that Nijisanji tried to expand into. Even worse, one could argue that Cover are currently the kings of those regions right now. If the rumors are true and Cover is planning for a HoloKR branch, it is going to embarrass Nijisanji on a colossal scale if HoloKR sees any success.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
Mel got terminated but Cover gave a grace period until the end of this month (February) before purging the account. I would guess this is the time they do their due diligence and ensure everything is purged and not botched like Niji. They even let the Fandead watch Rushia's archives for more than a month even considering the nature of her termination.
Unfortunately, with a termination they can't just leave it up, because of the issue of revenue sharing, but Cover doesn't want to punish the fans, so they don't take it down immediately.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Um...
Borderline
Personality
Disorder
I am aware of that, but some people refer to BiPolar Disorder as BPD as well, hence my asking for clarification.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Happend upon this thread
Mixed opinions, he's not wrong, but it irks me that in the end he concludes with Talent Freedom good
Yeah, corpo vtubers technically not owning anything and being at the mercy of their employer, that could just fuck them over at any point is a fragile power imbalance, but dunno, that's just how stuff is in this world

There's arguably an equal balance of power here between a vtuber and a corporation, or at least reasonably close to it.

The corporation is incentivized to treat talents fairly and offer contracts in good faith, since talents can leave and cost them quite a lot of money in lost assets, loss of value of advertising spent, lost revenue and loss of reputation. Now, can a corp fire talents for no reason? Sure (depending on labour laws), the same way another workplace could. But that's very counterproductive, especially when employees have as much invested in them as a talent does. A company isn't going to survive long with a strategy like that.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Well hello there.

Not related to Selen, but look who's in the replies to this:
Screenshot_20240207-061625.png
@ViolentNugget Really, still seething you posting clips of a fart didn't get the expected reaction you wanted? Silence, degenerate scum.

Last edited:

Negzana

UberSoldat

God's Strongest Dragoon

Not related to Selen, but look who's seething in the replies to this:
View attachment 63088
@ViolentNugget Really, still seething you posting clips of a fart didn't get the expected reaction you wanted? Silence, degenerate scum.
Didn't he also post the audio of Calli taking a piss that her mic happened to pick up because she forgot to mute before going to the bathroom?

Alchemyth

Ah yes, the "we are dedicated to growing a foreign audience and bring more money into our company so we put a torch to the foreign branch and shat all over our reputation but don't worry the financial results will be negligible haha please ignore the 22 billion yen loss" strategy. Bold move Riku.
:crushautistic:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Unfortunately, with a termination they can't just leave it up, because of the issue of revenue sharing, but Cover doesn't want to punish the fans, so they don't take it down immediately.

Cover seems to have much better Contract Termination language that better covers their own PR & future. I'd assume Cover has something like a 6-8 week termination phase at their discretion.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Not related to Selen, but look who's in the replies to this:
Screenshot_20240207-061625.png
rent free forever :BijouBijou:

Jealous

Lurker

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Right, so this is the first time I've actually caught up with thread end between watching this thread, Twitter, /vt/, and streams/essays talking about it. I know plenty of people have already talked about this, but I want to put some thoughts out.

1) I didn't think Niji would be dumb enough to do another "Crimes Of Zaion" list. I figured they would have learned from last time and just released the worst thing she did (which we can all agree is technically right) and say she got fired for encouraging the Content Piracy. Lo and behold they couldn't fucking help themselves.

2) Nijisanji opened the fucking floodgates by implying there was some kind of bullying going on in their document. I can't tell if it was an ESL thing, but there's no way to tell if the "bullying claims" was implied to be from management or another talent, but that was such a giant damn mistake on their part I cannot believe it. It's laid the groundwork for Selen/Doki to have many of her claims to be wholesale believed without the need for any proof.

Public sentiment is so strongly in Selen's favor nothing short of hard evidence that "Selen was secretly a massive bitchcunt behind the scenes" will stop this. But that kind of attitude is almost impossible to cover forever, and the truth will eventually be out. On top if that, it would fly completely in the face of literally every single other bit of testimony talking about how much of a massive sweetheart she is.

3) Right now, the people who should be angriest in this entire circus are the NijisanjiEN livers that remain that were innocent of everything that's gone on. ESPECIALLY the two new gens Krisis and TTT. The completely psychotic and negligent handling of this by management has created an environment where enraged fans are on a wild hunt for a villain within the ranks. And it has made life miserable for every single liver right now.

People are memeing on the response already.
image.png

2chan appears to be cooking too.
1707287536065477.png

I prefer this one personally

I'd also recommend the Minecraft series where they got lost and were trying to make their way back to home base. That shit was great too.

Final thought, this just cropped up on /vt/. @Nenélove I know you're a law fag. Mind checking this out and seeing what you think? Or anyone else with law knowledge?

image.png

1707288013334303.png

company operations dont and cant stop because a contractor couldnt deal with the stress of the job. did she send the proper hospitalization documents? are they dated? are our communications sop? are they worded correctly? I'd be framing this as a suicide attempt following criminal action. the person who communicated with selen and their manager and 1 exec is going to sit through coaching that says these comms are standard practice, her ip crime caused significant damage to the company and needed to be addressed immediately.

Last edited:

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
I am aware of that, but some people refer to BiPolar Disorder as BPD as well, hence my asking for clarification.
Clarification time, <1 second.
1707308074513.png

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Btw I really don't want Brave group being the 2nd biggest vtuber agency, they look fine and dandy now but they were the original vtuber black corpo, when everybody was losing their shit thinking Upd8 was gonna try to skinwalk kizuna the bastards do exactly that with 4 of their talents, and was because the game club project was fucking imploding because of a bullying scandal and the backlash of this two things was so big they had to rename from Unlimited inc to brave so I really don't trust them
I agree about Brave but also Brave group got bought out anyways so.....

The JP liver streams are completely disconnected from the fallout from what I've seen. It's as if nothing happened, including Kotoka who was streaming during the announcement of termination.
Kotoka did indirectly acknowledge it as she commented on the video she was doing, the handmade sushi one. Basically she wants everyone to keep having fun together.

I think if Gundou found out about it other should know but they won't say anything. Plus Aoi follows Doki now too. Curious about what JP members think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom