"Once upon a time there was a good girl named Kronii, She always made sure to do her chores and go to bed on time. But little did her parents know, she was actually not real. 'SHE'S REAL TO ME!' he screamed and flipped himself over. For eternity, he would wander thinking of her. Wanting her"CouncilRyS

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
What does the opinion of a random indie matter for? I doubt investors and company higher-ups care or even know who that is.
They don't, but opinion of one big and halfway respectable indie can quantifiably affect their income. Opinions of "literally whos" with no presence outside twitter - can't. We observe exodus of all niji subscribers, every indie responding to the tweets is yet another validation and contribution to negative coinbank.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

Rosemi's fancord has amended their Rule 3 (no Past Life discussion) due to the current happening.
edit: Pomucord too
Didn't think it was noteworthy, but yeah the Kiaracord I lurk has done the same
But the rule change there isn't recent, the exception to connect PLs and a Vtuber (when it's overwhelmingly obvious and encouraged so by the talent themselves) existed before this situation

nhjXrJPJ_o.png

the shitposting in the separate containment thread must have been quite intense, that bottom picture there was put on the KFP server highlights channel 3 times, alongside other Nijisanji black company memes (they got removed later, as I don't see them anymore)
Holo's resident footfag artist weighs in:

Thanks, footfag, very cool.

Speaking of Discord, I found these statements by the same resident footfag interesting
1lYC9nTT_o.png

YPIPyuIJ_o.png

seeing how a few artists came out and said they were asked by Niji to sign NDAs and stuff, seems like commissioning an artist for Holo involves much less paperwork
Since there's nothing new to go on I ask YOU who do you think are the assholes of EN. Place your bets people!!!
I dont believe the rrats about bullying and harassment from the other talents at all for now.
The only indication of that we have rn is from Niji Management themselves, in a statement full of holes and inaccuracies. So I am not taking their word for it, and anybody who does is jumping the gun.

Like these people here are just being asshats

With that out of the way, rrating is fun, so let's do it:
  • Enna (she's a bitch and a chink and I don't like the face of her model, so I hope it's her so that my hate will be vindicated)
  • Mille (Ennas loyal servant)
  • Reimu (she's a backstabbing latina woman, ofc she is talking shit, all latinas do; I also don't like her stupid design so to the trash she goes)
  • Uki (femboy, basically a woman already)
  • Fulgur (purely based on his behavior in that one leaked Nij Discord where he was shitting on EN and spreading rrats)
  • Petra (not malicious, but she seems like the kinda girl would get dragged along by Enna&Mille and just do the same)

View attachment 62983
Yo guys apperantly Doki just blocked a Nijifan trying to defend Millie agianst the bullying rrats.

Arrchive of the original

Did anyone bother to archive the nuked rpr vod from today?
From what I heard, he nuked the vod and will only give it to a few clippers who he trusts so the cant be clipped out of context
But mostly, he talked about how fucked up it is for Selen to make an attempt and mental health stuff apparently, so I don't know how jucy it really is
Might have to wait for the clips

Who wants to bet he's crying now because he got blocked by Selen?:selenpointandlaugh:

Murray should kill him
How do you become a dramatuber and then admit that you can't handle drama
:pathetic:

Bonus:

Shortly after it was announced, I caught a Nijisister in full DEFCON 5
didn't make it time home to archive it, so the discord embed is all that remains
W9wXLMZq_o.png

her profile has gone private since then
Xu2ixJ5f_o.png

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
being a good place to work doesn't always equals in a good product served to the public... most of EA games could be rebranded as "Micro transaction - the game" and no one would notice...

Also there's nothing wrong in making games being profitable it's just that EA has one of the worst rep and games like that football/soccer one where you need to gacha for athletes also don't help...
I never said they made good games, only that they are a good employer and, allegedly, mostly hands-off with their studios.

A good example is Bioware. Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda were entirely Bioware heads' faults. They started mandating the usage of Frostbite engine (which caused a lot of issues with development of their games since they historically used UE as their main engine and Frostbite was not an engine made with RPGs in mind) and the development hell both games went through had nothing to do with EA. The most you can say about EA in regards to those games is that they DID incentivize the use of Frostbite engine, but it is not a mandate at all to use it.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Speaking of Discord, I found these statements by the same resident footfag interesting
1lYC9nTT_o.png

YPIPyuIJ_o.png

seeing how a few artists came out and said they were asked by Niji to sign NDAs and stuff, seems like commissioning an artist for Holo involves much less paperwork
Niji management behavior reeks of a need to justify their own existence, which I think lends credence to suggestions that they're not actually competent at their jobs and therefore insecure.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I never said they made good games, only that they are a good employer and, allegedly, mostly hands-off with their studios.

A good example is Bioware. Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda were entirely Bioware heads' faults. They started mandating the usage of Frostbite engine (which caused a lot of issues with development of their games since they historically used UE as their main engine and Frostbite was not an engine made with RPGs in mind) and the development hell both games went through had nothing to do with EA. The most you can say about EA in regards to those games is that they DID incentivize the use of Frostbite engine, but it is not a mandate at all to use it.
I banish thee to the vidya gaems thread VERMIN!

Limkin

Yeah the conditions are different but imagine the absolute flex it would be if it happen, YAGOO would be laughing his ass after JP Nijisister called his agency a poor copy of Nijisanji back in the day
The flex would be to convince both Sayu and Selen to join Holo. Precisely because they are burnt out by JP corpo autism and have been buttfucked very hard too. It would be such a massive spit in the face with "Actually they didn't have problems with the way JP corporations work, they had a problem with your specific agency". It will not happen, but as a way to murder your competitor it's a very solid strategy.
And on topic of Niji failing to send NDA properly, this is probably exactly what happened with not-debuted member of their male gen. They assumed it was fine, sent him contract and the assets, and then he did 180 on them with "Well, actually it's not my name on this agreement, so you can eat a bag of dicks and I will post everything online because why not"

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Dude, buttfucking is nice and chill. These fuckers tore a few new ones, opened old ones, and gangbanged multiple bleeding wounds.

Wait, where can we read actual NDA?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Damn both the Niji and general vtuber subs are in full anti-Niji mode atm, I guess the only reason the Holosub hasn't joined in is because it's totally off-topic.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Damn both the Niji and general vtuber subs are in full anti-Niji mode atm, I guess the only reason the Holosub hasn't joined in is because it's totally off-topic.
The Holo sub is actively moderated by actual Holo staff members (hey, minimal competence!), starting shit in there will just get you tossed out....

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
US company called worst in america for consecutive years would suddenly care that a random Japanese company that used to heavily advertise their f2p shooter bullied a random chink canadian to almost death im sure
It's not very sudden?

Her twitter also used to have multiple posts about her thanking EA over the months.

EA's close relationship with Selen is at a minimum four months old.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Niji management behavior reeks of a need to justify their own existence, which I think lends credence to suggestions that they're not actually competent at their jobs and therefore insecure.
They feel like those Hollywood executive producers that do absolute nothing and only are there because.... reasons?

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
The Holo sub is actively moderated by actual Holo staff members (hey, minimal competence!), starting shit in there will just get you tossed out....
The most I saw in the Holo sub was a few posts being grateful Holo actually treats its talents well and its management isn't a fucking disaster.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Eh? The moderation is pretty shit ngl... but they would certainly never let a full angry takeover like what the Nijisub is facing :SelenHAHAhere:.
I am happy to know that after so many years the worst drama was still the Mel harassment incident and the most recent potential lapse in management was Rushia which is almost 2 years ago ("Oops it's a holiday can't help." I know Rushia is still guilty as sin but still a lapse there). Holo has been fairly clean ever since.
Honestly I'm in two minds about the behavior of my fellow Holdrones in light of TND, while I viscerally despise the notion that just because Niji is demonstrably malicious and incompetent that means ALL OTHER JP corpos must also be shit and using the drama as a battering ram to champion indies, I also feel uncomfortable getting all "Well OUR corpo isn't so bad now is it?" types of self-assuredness, what happened to Niji can happen to any corpo and I won't lie by saying it hasn't made me a bit more cautious of the future and fearful of meeting the same fate as the Nijisisters.

>Nenelove has learned humility!
>Nenelove has learned existential dread!

Last edited:

Negzana

The most I saw in the Holo sub was a few posts being grateful Holo actually treats its talents well and its management isn't a fucking disaster.
I am happy to know that after so many years the worst drama was still the Mel harassment incident and the most recent potential lapse in management was Rushia which is almost 2 years ago ("Oops it's a holiday can't help." I know Rushia is still guilty as sin but still a lapse there). Holo has been fairly clean ever since.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
"Actively moderated" is a stretch since they don't actually ban trolls, but it is certainly better than the no moderation Nijisanji's sub has going on.

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular
"Actively moderated" is a stretch since they don't actually ban trolls, but it is certainly better than the no moderation Nijisanji's sub had going on for a while.
Ah, yeah, they probably aren't paying as much attention to it recently given how much reddit has declined, I'm remembering a couple years back.....

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Another liver taking a few days break with robotic tweet.

At this rate, everyone will have similar tweet with words shuffle a bit :smugselen:

I've been bookmarking all of these "gonna take a break" tweets from livers as I've found them. Just did a quick count and I'm up to 11 if nobody deleted any. Might make a collage tonight. If any more surface be sure to at me.

Given the only confirmation we have right now about bullying being from Livers is from Nijisanji itself in a statement littered with inaccuracies and contraditions, I am going to err on the side of it being bullshit unless Doki says otherwise come Wednesday. If it is true, I hope the bullies get what they deserve, but it is not fair to the other EN people who were not involved to get shit flung their way. Innocent until proven guilty, and all that.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I don't see what Niji has to gain by mentioning the bullying if it wasn't true. I also don't see what Niji has to gain by mentioning the bullying if it was true. Either way it provides fuel to the rrats about mean girl cliques inside the company.

I was thinking more about the bullying aspect. And let's be real for a moment. Talent is incredibly fucking hard to just replace. Regular managers, grunts, etc are much easier to replace. So obviously, if in their mind the most profitable and best option was to fire Selen instead of the antagonizers, I think it's safe to assume that it wasn't just regular employees or at the very least not limited to. And Selen was also the highest-subbed EN girl. So I genuinely think the only reasonable possibility is that the combined sub count of the people responsible for bullying was higher than hers, and because of that Nijisanji saw the easiest (and again, in their mind most profitable) solution being getting rid of Selen instead of the bullies. Which would require a minimum of 2 girl Niji members.

/End Rrat :baeJam:

Talent isn't that hard to replace. As Proctor likes to emphasize even a no-name """corpo""" like CyberIdol got flooded with applications when they were recruiting.

That being said, we might be getting close to a point where given NijiEN's infamy, the only people who will apply for it are going to be the truly desperate, the people who only intend to stick around for a year at most to kickstart an indie career, or those who don't mind a toxic work environment and will come in spewing toxicity of their own in the same way someone picks a fight with the toughest-looking gang member when they go to prison to prove they're no bitch. Or to put it simply, their reputation might soon be worse than a brand new sketchy-looking corpo that has no reputation to start with. And again, I don't see how this benefits Niji. I really think including the bullying thing in the document was just a blunder.

All we can do is wait, waitting for nijisanji to hand over its historic place or for a new challenger to emerge in the en market.

There are already a lot of contenders that maybe aren't filtering back to those of you on the CN internet. Idol Corp, Phase Connect, and Vshojo are among the larger ones. There's also PixelLink, V&U, V4Mirai, Production Kawaii, VReverie and more recently Specialite and First Stage EN. Probably a lot more that I'm forgetting. I don't think any of these are really trying to establish themselves in the CN market but they're names that people interested in the EN market will probably recognize at this point.

Who wants to bet he's crying now because he got blocked by Selen?:selenpointandlaugh:

Murray should kill him
How do you become a dramatuber and then admit that you can't handle drama
:pathetic:

I do not want to kill him but yeah… I liked this guy but the last couple days have shown him to be quite the Niji fanboy. Maybe it's not a charitable interpretation but it comes off as "I don't want to cover the biggest story in the EN industry right now because it gives me a sad." I watched the first part of the stream he did but eventually had to stop because it was making me salty - he seemed to acknowledge that this was not a good look for Niji but still was kind of framing it like "it's too bad that Selen put them in a position where they had to fire her." Really frustrating.

On the other hand I do feel a little… jealous maybe that him and Evanito seem to have gotten so far by gently fellating the big corpo.

(As a Phase fanboy I invite you to screenshot this and nail me to the wall if and when some big controversy strikes Phase Connect and I fail to hold them sufficiently accountable. I'd like to think I'm better than that but maybe I'm not. Hopefully we never have to find out.)

Clip of most important part

I kinda have to side with Niji on this one. I think the expectation when you join an agency is that they kind of own your voice at that point - you're likely to get more gigs based on the popularity of your character and Niji is going to want a cut of that. That being said, Holo doesn't seem to be too upset over the recent increase of popularity of Keekihime and Demondice.

I feel like either here or on Twitter I saw someone post an archive of Selen's tweets. Does anyone know where I can find that again? I didn't think to save it at the time but now I think I might need that for a stream idea.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
As I mentioned in the other thread, I don't see what Niji has to gain by mentioning the bullying if it wasn't true. I also don't see what Niji has to gain by mentioning the bullying if it was true. Either way it provides fuel to the rrats about mean girl cliques inside the company.
What they have to gain is a scapegoat. A bunch of ire directed at the talents and not the corporate bigwigs.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
While looking for stuff, I found that a few NijiSisters are getting upset about some other activist wanting to boycott NijiEN

A1 - A2 - A3 - A4

Also, NijiSisters are still upset about Zaion
She told them the truth, but NijiSisters won't have it

I hope Doki and her collab lots, just to spite them
Arrchive - main tweet

Just putting Not-Ophies reaction in as well
aaa

Finally, because it does sum up my thoughts about it quite well:

Some bigger streamer also chiming in and confirming more red tape in Niji collabs
a

I dont even know what that means help
thats just a lotta words
Arrrchive

Art tax:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom