Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Surely no one would do that.

Don't look at nyfco.
Ah, theres were god's strongest Nijisisters were hiding out, pussies lmao
Looks like that particular faction of Nijisisters are focusing on the bullying claim, calling Selen a BPD hoe (lmao projecting much?) and generally deepthroating anykara while blaming that gaslighting bitch Selen for making people speculate who are those bullies

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It's still kinda crazy that Coco and LuLu graduated on the same day.
And since that day Holo went on to stagnate and then kinda float in place while sometimes having drama while Niji exploded upwards but then came crashing right back down... 2021 was a simpler time.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
I wanted to highlight a twitter thread by a Westerner familiar with JP business culture. He's from a localization company (hold your pitchforks) called Carpe Fulgur. They're the guys that translated a few of the first anime PC games on Steam like Recettear and Chantelise. Not an ESG peddler from what I've seen. Anyway, he really lays into how much of a fuck up this statement is. The whole thread is worth a read. I only have archive ph but if somebody could get ghostarchive to work so that it shows the whole thread, I'd appreciate it.

Archive

Imgur of screens

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 43
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Untitled5.jpg
    Untitled5.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Untitled6.jpg
    Untitled6.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Untitled7.jpg
    Untitled7.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Untitled8.jpg
    Untitled8.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Untitled9.jpg
    Untitled9.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 34

chihirogumi

I personally wish five of them get hired for a new "Nijisister!" wave. Then Luxiem mass graduates before they get to meet them and they're stuck being bullied to suicide by the clique.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
To respond to what @famous artist pipkun was saying on stream before I had to leave for dinner (a little after bossman's idol meeting):

I think that you are correct that AnyKuro had legally defensible grounds for terminating her, but there is a wide ocean between what you can get away with legally and what constitutes actual good business practices. What happened was a monumental failure of management in general, but particularly of talent management.

When you have a system where talents are expected to put up their own money to do projects, which you have the ability to kill at any point, good practice would be to a) be fully aware of all projects that are in the works and b) remain involved in the critical decision-making phases of the process like storyboarding and perms-gathering so that if there is an issue that would sink the project it can be addressed at the earliest possible point, or the talent can stop the bleeding if it can't be cured. Waiting until the project is fully complete and about to go live, after the talent is 100% invested, to check whether appropriate perms were gotten is gross incompetence and disrespectful to your talent.

I'm emphasizing "talent" in this, rather than simply "employee" or "contractor." Talents have qualities that are rare and often not joined with other ideal qualities, and their output is often inextricably tied to their person and not transferrable to potential replacements, which requires more delicate handling than a paper-pusher because you're not going to get an exact replacement if they leave for whatever reason. AnyKuro chose to operate in an industry where their primary producers are menhera hikki-neets; being able to deal effectively with bpd (either borderline or bipolar, I'm not sure which was actually meant by Doki) women isn't a big ask, it's a baseline qualification for participating in the market, as Fishman ended up learning and successfully adapting to by hiring someone who could actually do it.

They way Niji appears to handle communication with their talents, both from what we can glean from statements from current and former talent, and from Niji's own public statements, is complete shit and adds stress to talents with less-than-stable mentalities. Not responding until the very last minute (if at all) and only providing cursory responses without explanation of the reasoning is bad communication that is going to leave your talents confused and angry, especially if you also punish talents for trying to communicate with management (e.g, one of the reasons for Zaion's termination being her DMing a manager). Is it any wonder they might avoid communicating with management if that's the result?

I don't think they can hide behind the castle walls of "解せない日本企業", either. They chose to enter the international market, they need to be aware of the communication expectations of international talent. Frankly, I doubt their communication skills would be considered acceptable at any decently-run Japanese company.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Pako san...

If you put together Pako-san hands and @The Proctor sleeping habits you could end Froot's career in a single week. As an upcoming 2view on YouTube, maybe some strings could be pulled and DMs could be sent.

I'm just saying.

Negzana

If you put together Pako-san hands and @The Proctor sleeping habits you could end Froot's career in a single week. As an upcoming 2view on YouTube, maybe some strings could be pulled and DMs could be sent.

I'm just saying.
We need a Lumi-Gura collab NOW

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I know this is not a fully serious post but for the sake of the audience I will respond as if it is:

Bro... you can't fix toxic corporate culture.

I am in a fairly comfy job where I am getting a lot of management experience and the number one thing that contributes to productivity and satisfaction is just a general good vibe. Days when the vibe is good everyone does good work. Days when the vibe is bad we may as well be working backwards. Why is this? No one on the ground level can explain it or is even aware of it.

Our fucking management consultant that's trying to teach us how to be managers instead of fuckups tells us that no amount of systems or policies can fix bad culture.

The only thing that's ever changed how management works was firing all the people who were in the way and replacing them wholesale with our current team.

Companies rot from the top. NijiEn is unfixable unless whoever is responsible for the same KPIs and checks they're talking about in the posting gets hit by a car in minecraft.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Most of the not-retarded Nijifans are either too sad to comment or seething with anger
I have seen this, at least in the IDfags sphere. There are sadness and disappointment posting, but then there were others who were like "REVOLUTION" and "BURN IT DOWN", something like that.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Anyone feel like unfucking NijiEN's reputation? You need to have native JP and live in... Canada???????
I know the perfect candidate for this, she is even a hag, the prime candidate for unfucking a vtuber company
1707191066215.png

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

I'm just saying.
Can Pako draw Riku? What would happen?

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Looks like that particular faction of Nijisisters are focusing on the bullying claim, calling Selen a BPD hoe (lmao projecting much?) and generally deepthroating anykara while blaming that gaslighting bitch Selen for making people speculate who are those bullies
They only act like that on that website because anywhere other than that echochamber would laugh them into the ground.

Can Pako draw Riku? What would happen?
His yacht would sink.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Anyone feel like unfucking NijiEN's reputation? You need to have native JP and live in... Canada???????

I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

Although it feels like someone was instantly fired for the current shitshow, knowing how job postings usually work I bet it has nothing to do with today.
This page has been up since Feb 1.

:smugselen:
loll.jpg

lol1.jpg

Pretty sure this got posted here before, too.

Edit: Maybe not? Might have been the same website but another position.
Yeah, same website but for different positions, the one you're mentioning was for Director of overseas operations.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: sbm

The Rratarded Alt

Random_Cultist2:ElectricBoog

Semi-nominal Lurker
EXPANSION STRATEGY"
Of course. Kurosanji not expanding would be like a Slav not drinking twice their weight in almost-poisonous vodka.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

returntomonke

Unapoligetic sheep enjoyer

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

The Rratarded Alt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom