"So now I know that Bae has bad taste in men."IRyS

Nijisanji L Collection

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Sana/Namie might not have gotten the big jobs she had without being in Hololive, so even for the ex-members it's been solid.
I think she already had the FGO/Arknights gig before she even joined Hololive, and at the time Arknights was inclining

Limkin

I've posted about this in the past, but in terms of real world harm to a boycott target, even the biggest and most famous boycotts in history have barely done anything. The only times they have ever done anything are when a modern company's PR department pussies out and backtracks on something that hasn't seen significant investment yet: sure it "worked", but only because pencil-pushers can't stand seeing .05% less growth for a year. The bottom line is never significantly harmed for any significant period of time.
You aren't really refuting my point, the absolute amount of people involved does not matter, what matters is amount relative to a customer base, and it has to be customers themselves. Pretty much any company producing real product can ignore boycotts because people need to eat, drink, and they couldn't care less where it comes from and what this money are spent on, for as long as it's cheap and tasty. Meanwhile we are in the thread dedicated to a company that suffered massive losses because majority of it's customers went and said "you are bad, and we don't want to be related to you in any way whatsoever anymore, and we will not watch you until you become better". It may not be "working" in a sense that NijiEN is clearly not getting better, but it is impactful because the branch went and fucking died

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I've posted about this in the past, but in terms of real world harm to a boycott target, even the biggest and most famous boycotts in history have barely done anything. The only times they have ever done anything are when a modern company's PR department pussies out and backtracks on something that hasn't seen significant investment yet: sure it "worked", but only because pencil-pushers can't stand seeing .05% less growth for a year. The bottom line is never significantly harmed for any significant period of time.
Its especially funny in this situation.
If company produce garbage and enough people boycott it to actually harm profits, they might improve quality. Even then, you have to cause like 30% revenue drop.
But here - what reaction they expect from this "boycott" from US corpos? Them stop paying taxes?

Let's imagine chain of events here: boycott is ramping up and people go to muckduck less > affected muckduck eatery need 1 less worker > we are back to square one, profits and taxes are unaffected. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Sana/Namie might not have gotten the big jobs she had without being in Hololive, so even for the ex-members it's been solid.
Her gacha gig was already a thing before her sana debut, it was one of her most notable big works besides being a freelance illustrator
Her first character work for Arknights (Mizuki) was released on the CN server on August 3rd 2021, while she debuted as Sana on August 23rd 2021

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
You aren't really refuting my point, the absolute amount of people involved does not matter, what matters is amount relative to a customer base, and it has to be customers themselves. Pretty much any company producing real product can ignore boycotts because people need to eat, drink, and they couldn't care less where it comes from and what this money are spent on, for as long as it's cheap and tasty. Meanwhile we are in the thread dedicated to a company that suffered massive losses because majority of it's customers went and said "you are bad, and we don't want to be related to you in any way whatsoever anymore, and we will not watch you until you become better". It may not be "working" in a sense that NijiEN is clearly not getting better, but it is impactful because the branch went and fucking died
NijiEN had been losing viewers and struggling financially for months before anything happened with Selen. Her suicide attempt was certainly a watershed moment, but Anycolor lost 3 of its most popular EN talents (4 counting Mika, 5 counting Kyo who was on his way out) before Selen was terminated, and Luxiem (you know, the company's biggest moneymakers) are still bringing in a shitton of money. Remember, Ike was in the black screen video, did a valentines stream the next day, and it was in his top 5 streams of all time for revenue. Systemic issues in the company are certainly coming out now, but boycotting didn't create those problems, they were there already. Particularly the stock instability, which is the biggest issue Anycolor is facing at the moment by far. That's at least partially due to the overall weakness of the JP markets at the moment and the fact that they keep doing buybacks. And even after all that, they still have a higher price than Cover stocks.

EDIT: I'm not saying there hasn't been a small impact but overall it's not people unsubbing that is killing Anycolor, is the point I'm trying to make. And it certainly won't be enough to kill the company overall, since JP keeps going up.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Cool, I'm going to eat nothing but McDonalds for the next week just to spite these twittards. Guess they didn't think that one through, huh? RIP Rosemi, get the fuck out of there so you can stop having to work a 9 to 5 (at McDonalds, ironically).

Boycotts definitely work though guys, we promise.
Getting fat to own the libs

Nice.:architect:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Getting fat to own the libs

Nice.:architect:
Every single Palestine flag on twitter would yell at you if you called them "Liberal", tbh.

Smelliest007

Bronze

:educateyourself: Millions didn't die due to Israeli-palestinian conflicts. Can't archive right now.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
:educateyourself: Millions didn't die due to Israeli-palestinian conflicts. Can't archive right now.

Archive

The mariafag put plenty of words just to say we should have humanity for letting these quote-unquote "activists" from preventing genocide thats already happening and had the gall to ask us to 'have some humanity'.

Over hashbrown vtuber assets.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

LOL. LMAO even.
numbers say that civilian victims count in gaza are kinda on the low side. russia do actual proven genocide, israel don't (not yet at least)

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Hamas propaganda team: "Wait, we're allowed to lie about numbers in the millions?!"

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband

You can't even blame tiktok for this one, you have to be utterly retarded to seriously think millions have died:annoyedpippa:.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Hamas propaganda team: "Wait, we're allowed to lie about numbers in the millions?!"
But who would lie about such numbers, and why? :ameliaThink:

Meanwhile I'm just sitting here catching up around the forum and Mio's on my other screen live, holding 2 Mcdonalds hashbrowns cutely giggling. I have nothing important to say, it's just funny timing to me.

VSoyBoy

Hex will be getting a new outfit soon and it looks like he stole the stilts Shu used for his recent outfit. Lots of new outfits recently.

BiliBili Macro Link happened recently. I don't know how ticketing for that works since it's a Festival type deal, I would guess not everyone there bought their ticket specifically for NijiEN, but the crowd looked respectable for the NijiEN parts.
Fish:

Box:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Hex will be getting a new outfit soon and it looks like he stole the stilts Shu used for his recent outfit. Lots of new outfits recently.

BiliBili Macro Link happened recently. I don't know how ticketing for that works since it's a Festival type deal, I would guess not everyone there bought their ticket specifically for NijiEN, but the crowd looked respectable for the NijiEN parts.
Fish:

Box:

Damn nigga
Their only future lies in them doing their chink reps

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Fish:

Box:

I can't find the link, but Cover had some members there. I think it was Aqua & Kobo, but the video links were taken down. There was a lot of other groups represented as well.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Damn nigga
Their only future lies in them doing their chink reps
Not like the people there are specifically there for NijiEN, just like they aren't there for Kobo or Matsuri lol. That concert is massive and their part is tiny comparatively.

This is the link specifically for the conference:

Just see how many performers there are.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers

Fish:

Box:

Niji should just rebrand EN to CN and force them all to learn Chinese.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Top Bottom