"Maybe there's a other option to beat this game like... beating Tigger with this bat?"Amano Pikamee

Nijisanji L Collection

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
If they Zaion list her, that will be peak retardation. It would literally cause a rift in their community.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Topic I was thinking of
When the inevitable Selen graduation happens, are Niji stupid enough not only to terminate her but to Zaion list her, and trigger Doki to pull a Sayu herself?

Or will they be entirely secretive and terminate without specifics?
They're more likely to let her have a proper graduation than to give her the Zaion treatment because she's been a talent there for 2-3 years while Zaion was only there for 3 months. Worst case is they quietly graduate her (see: Yugo) with the preface of "health issues from December".

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Offered is not the same as actually putting your money down. Remember, we are dealing with the puritanical crowd, so unless there were actual consequences for this attempt, it still looks bad on him. There's no reasoning with this particular band of crazies.
A certain Vshojo member offered 56k to charity.

Those of you dogging on Zaion for trying to organize a strike, how do you feel when Pippa talks about how PC gen 1 were threatening to walk out on Fishman?

It's clear shit in NijiEN is very broken now. Maybe it was very broken back then too but fewer people were at the end of their ropes yet.
There is a huge difference. Phase girls were there from the start, they had been there for about a year and they didnt have anyone else around. Without them the company goes to shit. In a similar fashion, Kawaii gen 3 did the same but the company did have Gen 1 and 2. They just all quit.

Niji really wants to lose their entire foothold in the EN market, huh? It's either that or continue debuting new generations of talents while the law of diminishing returns rears its ugly head throughout.
It wouldn't surprise me that they push a new EN wave soon. At least in a 1-month time span after the Pomu graduation.

I'd like to think they learned something from the Zaion case, but I don't think we have any evidence they are capable of learning anything.
Maybe some did but how many levels of management are there dealing with the talents? It seems Selen did clear the video with her direct manager but its possible someone higher up didnt want to.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Copying from the general thread.
Selen update - attentive anons on the newly formed /doki/ general thread noticed this morning that several videos from her previous Dokibird identity were unprivated as of at least this morning.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
If she is gone what will be the procedure i wonder

A Yugo (no graduation stream after hiatus)
A Gundo (final stream that serves as both apology and graduation)
A Pomu/Nina (2+ weeks to stream and graduation lap)
A Zion (termination and laundry list of yabs)

Option Gundo and Zion are the spiciest ones and i geniuenly dont think they will recover even a sliver of good will unless they give her a chance to stream without a script

Last edited:

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers

A Yugo (no graduation after hiatus)

Option Gundo and Zion are the spiciest ones and i geniuenly dont think they will recover even a sliver of good will unless they give her a chance to stream without a script
I think a Zaion has the most potential for fallout, especially to see which members will graduate after and which members will throw her under the bus.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔

I think selen won't want to do two weeks of streams with a graduation stream after this, same with a final "apology" stream. That just leaves the graduation with no streams, and the termination. Smartest for nijisanji is obviously the graduation route.

Last edited:

Awoogers

I'll go with the funniest one in memoriam of her hearty purple dragon laugh

Zaioned then it officially implodes nijjEn

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Fuck you nijisanji you cockmongers, I am really going to miss Selen's intro and song.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Fuck you nijisanji you cockmongers, I am really going to miss Selen's intro and song.
I mean sure, she has a pretty good model and outfits too. But that shit is replaceable.....

Awoogers

Yeah as much as I agree with agility in missing both the intro and the song id rather lose that than lose the laugh that I love

Bug Eater

The only thing that really sucks for me is that you lose the 'character' + all the onscreen friendships, that was also the thing that hurt most about Coco's graduation (even then she still does collabs sometimes with Choco and Mel's roommates). On the plus side she would be able to keep collabing with not-Pomu, sorry Pomu/Elira shippers but Selen is the gentleman's pick.

To put in perspective for Selen's manager (if it's the same one she's had the whole time at Niji) she has gotten permissions for stuff games in the past by finding shit like forum posts herself (like she did way back in the day for Payday 2) for permissions and it gets approved along the chain of command. I THINK Someone specifically in middle management fucked with her cover here.
My rrat is that they had an issue with the song being released prior to Pomu's graduation announcement (or possibly because the pony plushies were too close to MLP).

I believe Selen has had 3 managers at Niji - I don't know much about the first one (but it was probably the same as Lazulight's who they all spoke highly of), the second manager was someone that she spoke fondly of onstream and they actually looked after her at Nijifes 2022. Her third manager was shared with XSOLEIL and unsurprisingly led to the tournament issues, now I believe she's back to the 2nd one. Assuming that's true I definitely think that the obstruction came from higher up.

I have no way of guessing what Anycolor's staff turnover is like, but a lot of the "good ones" must have left or are looking to get out, which would contribute to the issues we're seeing now.
Lazulight's 1st manager definitely left the company. I'm guessing they were responsible for stuff like the surprise beatMARIO collab for Pomu. (and obviously Pomu in particular was sad that they left)

Last edited:

Saturnus

haha it's unou
It seems Selen did clear the video with her direct manager but its possible someone higher up didnt want to.
To put in perspective for Selen's manager (if it's the same one she's had the whole time at Niji) she has gotten permissions for stuff games in the past by finding shit like forum posts herself (like she did way back in the day for Payday 2) for permissions and it gets approved along the chain of command. I THINK Someone specifically in middle management fucked with her cover here. Same goes for Pomu too because it's been a year or so since Lazulight's 3D and her orisong (something that should be a fuckin' celebration) is instead going to be her swan song to send her off.
As for why middle management is fucking them over? I really have no concrete idea. Maybe they don't use the shotgun approach of tossing a billion covers at Management getting at least 3 out of 9 covers approved or something. Maybe- and this is a schizo rrat take here- Middle management is specifically fucking over girls like Pomu/Selen because they were sympathetic to Zaion behind the scenes? Sayu talked positively about Pomu and wanted to collab with her (if ever possible) in the future from her comeback stream after the document drop on Youtube. Nina (not her roommate account Monkeyism) was following Zaion throughout her suspension to a few days before the termination announcement. And then she graduated months later and gives vague hints about her "Hollywood days" not being that great.
I mean sure, she has a pretty good model and outfits too. But that shit is replaceable.....
I don't like change bro... I like the color purple and bonking people for being horny for Selen.

lolwatagain

A Yugo two weeks after Pomu's graduation.

The only reason she hasn't graduated already is so she doesn't sully Pomu's graduation. Two weeks is the ideal time frame.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

You forgot the Yuri option - a short, prerecorded video pre-vetted by Nijisanji that feels like a hostage video.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
What honestly surprises me most of all is how little the company seems to care about any of this... they just... keep chugging along like nothing's wrong. And keep in mind anykara has shareholders, if I had enough stock to sit in the board I would be screaming myself hoarse about this crap. The multiple graduations of big members, the reduction in relevance, the blatant poaching by vshojo and the obvious numerical reduction in every category. I wonder if they have just internally decided that EN isn't worth it and are gonna eventually kill it by folding it into JP and then step out completely from the EN market.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Maybe some did but how many levels of management are there dealing with the talents? It seems Selen did clear the video with her direct manager but its possible someone higher up didnt want to.
A thought:

Incidents like the AR Live cancellation would have screwed over a lot of staff as well as the talents (e.g. in-house artists, in-house techs). We also have behind-the-scenes stories like Zaion's story about getting in trouble for DMing her onboarder; if she got in trouble for bypassing her manager, did her onboarder get in trouble for stepping on someone else's turf?

I have no way of guessing what Anycolor's staff turnover is like, but a lot of the "good ones" must have left or are looking to get out, which would contribute to the issues we're seeing now.

You forgot the Yuri option - a short, prerecorded video pre-vetted by Nijisanji that feels like a hostage video.
Yuri option doesn't have a Niji precedent though.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
What honestly surprises me most of all is how little the company seems to care about any of this... they just... keep chugging along like nothing's wrong. And keep in mind anykara has shareholders, if I had enough stock to sit in the board I would be screaming myself hoarse about this crap. The multiple graduations of big members, the reduction in relevance, the blatant poaching by vshojo and the obvious numerical reduction in every category. I wonder if they have just internally decided that EN isn't worth it and are gonna eventually kill it by folding it into JP and then step out completely from the EN market.
I genuinely wonder if they dislike some of their talents, normally I wouldn't assume that, but this selen thing really makes it seem like it...

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
The only thing that really sucks for me is that you lose the 'character'
Has everyone forgotten what Mike Rushia did? Just had the iconic model's artist make a Very Not-Iconic Model model.

Selen could literally do a donothon and hit the quoted price in less time than it takes a Jew to kvech about the Holocaust. I would hope Pomu does the same.

Fuck Yamanbasanji.

Top Bottom