"Save your penis for your wife!"Kaneko Lumi

Nijisanji L Collection

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
More time than that if you consider pre-debut. But if you bundle it all together with how idiotic the manager in charge of iLuna was I can see her wanting to push for improvements in her workplace - especially if you consider her background in the shitty conditions of the SoCal tech industry. Again, especially with hindsight, I can't say I think she was wrong considering all of the issues that are coming to a head due to their seeming unwillingness to improve conditions with their livers.

It's very likely the stuff listed in the "Crimes of Zaion" document was a cover, and the real reason for the termination was her attempting to organize some kind of streamer strike. Suddenly the peculiarity of the document and the amount of "How did all of this amount to termination?" thoughts we had make sense when you consider it might have all been a cover just to fuck over and make an example of a loud upstart trying to change things from the glorious corporation standards.
I don't like how Niji does things but I'm glad she didn't strike tbh, that kind of garbage would've only brought in all manner of political grifters trying to butt in to make this about "le kultoore war" and burning vtubing down in the process for their selfish bullshit. I know the nips did some protesting back in the day but 1. Nips aren't retarded (about politics) and 2. They were subtle about it and didn't copy hollywood. If Zaion did a strike then you bet it'd be all over fucking twitter with everyone shitting on anything that even resembles a corpo and flinging shit between the chinese fujos, the niji shills, indies that have nothing to do with it but just HAVE to butt in, normies and grifters getting their takes in, people who are parasocial for the talent, dramafags, tribalists and just... a big fucking shitshow.

Honestly Niji rotting from within and bleeding talent is preferable in every way.

Xuhle

For who she still has in her friends list on steam, this is assuming the livers bothered clearing her out once she was canned. There is certainly some interesting names from niji still there but even a couple that spoke slightly bad about her. Not finana or kotaka

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
If anything, this should make Vox look amazing, since he offered to fund it. She never named anyone who disagreed with the strike, at least. It is possible that they tried to get it rolling, but it got cut down early by management. I don't think Nijisanji management would give a fuck about some bad press about a strike being shut down, either.
Offered is not the same as actually putting your money down. Remember, we are dealing with the puritanical crowd, so unless there were actual consequences for this attempt, it still looks bad on him. There's no reasoning with this particular band of crazies.

hlwldlnf

Gotta say, if she came in and thought 3 months in trying to start a riot while Niji EN was mostly in good shape then was a good idea, she is even more retarded than I thought she was before. No wonder the Niji EN people are ghosting her and some of the Livers publicly threw her under the bus.
Also we gotta take into consideration where did she asks them. I know they have a company messaging system using Slack aka corporate discord and then there’s whatever discord channel EN has. She was in the EN discord by then right? Cause if she ended up discussing something along the lines of strike in a Slack DM or whatever, that would be fucking stupid.

And to add on top of how long Xsoleil has been in touch with the other livers before debut, Mysta mentioned that Hex had reached out to him at the end of October, before Mysta’s month long hiatus.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
With the prognosis for Niji EN being poor, you'd think current and prospective future corpos will take pause and look at what Holo and Niji's business decisions (long-term vs. short-term, addressing shortcomings, etc.) have wrought.

But with the EN-side corpo (generously applied to some..) bloodbath collapse going on the past 5 months showing no signs of stopping, why would anyone not named H2O Sakana (*cough Aviel* *cough Brave Group*) do that?

Also with all the rrats about the attempted strike organizing starting to look like there's some truth to them, imagine if they had gone on strike. If they had, I absolutely see the response from Yamanbasanji management/shareholders to be hiring scabs or outright recasting after terminating their contracts.

I personally hope we still get it at this point, if only because Niji EN is dead anyway. Besides it'd be funny as fuck to see Yamanbasanji torpedo their reputation even further with graduated talents' models being voiced by a high-mileage 53-year-old unmarried woman from Jersey.

Surely ANYCOLOR, Inc. would never do such a thing.

:zaionwhatsgoingon:

lolwatagain

With the prognosis for Niji EN being poor, you'd think current and prospective future corpos will take pause and look at what Holo and Niji's business decisions (long-term vs. short-term, addressing shortcomings, etc.) have wrought.

But with the EN-side corpo (generously applied to some..) bloodbath collapse going on the past 5 months showing no signs of stopping, why would anyone not named H2O Sakana (*cough Aviel* *cough Brave Group*) do that?

Also with all the rrats about the attempted strike organizing starting to look like there's some truth to them, imagine if they had gone on strike. If they had, I absolutely see the response from Yamanbasanji management/shareholders to be hiring scabs or outright recasting after terminating their contracts.

I personally hope we still get it at this point, if only because Niji EN is dead anyway. Besides it'd be funny as fuck to see Yamanbasanji torpedo their reputation even further with graduated talents' models being voiced by a high-mileage 53-year-old unmarried woman from Jersey.

Surely ANYCOLOR, Inc. would never do such a thing.

:zaionwhatsgoingon:
Personally, I think you can group all of the different corpo failures into two camps, those that didn't provide enough support, and those that didn't have a good balance of "talent freedom" vs "tard wrangling".

I think support is self-explanatory. VOMs probably lost Pikamee in the long run because Gyari just wasn't capable of providing Pikamee the support she needed to reach her goals. Hell, even Phase almost collapsed because it didn't look like Fishman was giving everyone the support they needed until everyone actually talked and he hired Muumi. After all, there's no reason to give some percentage of your earnings to a Corp if you aren't getting any real benefit out of it.

Balancing "Talent Freedom" vs "Tard wrangling" is a bit more delicate, but I think that Phase and Hololive are probably right in the sweet spot at two different ends. Phase has more "Talent Freedom" while still tard wrangling most of the talents, and Hololive keeps a more solid grasp on their talents while still providing them enough freedom for the talents and the audience to be satisfied.

Meanwhile, Nijisanji has gone full retard and is 95% "tard wrangling," resulting in the company controlling things that they really don't need to. And this control can internally justify the really shitty practices they have in regards to things like merch cuts and even play buttons.

And on the other hand VShojo has too much "Talent Freedom". Too much "Talent Freedom" is not a good thing. People do not appreciate how valuable it is to have someone you can trust and can tell you that "no, that is a terrible idea, and you shouldn't do something so fucking retarded." Honestly, it feels like Vshojo is only surviving due to luck, because while talents like Henya can thrive without being tardwrangled due to years of experience of being an "indie" without really fucking up, others like Nyanners and Froot are more than capable of bringing the whole fucking thing down due to their own incompetence, and other corpos over the past year have been destroyed due to their own talents going off the reservation; fucking everything up for everyone else.

tl;dr Nobody is going to learn anything because they think VShitshow and Nijisanji are examples to follow.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Those of you dogging on Zaion for trying to organize a strike, how do you feel when Pippa talks about how PC gen 1 were threatening to walk out on Fishman?

It's clear shit in NijiEN is very broken now. Maybe it was very broken back then too but fewer people were at the end of their ropes yet.

UberSoldat

Niji really wants to lose their entire foothold in the EN market, huh? It's either that or continue debuting new generations of talents while the law of diminishing returns rears its ugly head throughout.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
1704978157047.png

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but the way people perceive going on strike and organizing the workforce has massive cultural differences depending on where you're from. To me, it seems like Zaion tried to do achieve something good, which may have benefited NijiEN in the long run had she succeeded. I mean, why wouldn't you try to organize a strike or find some other leverage for negotiations in her situation? From everything I can tell, Nijisanji's strategy for internal negotiations is to beat the uppity gaijin with sticks.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but the way people perceive going on strike and organizing the workforce has massive cultural differences depending on where you're from. To me, it seems like Zaion tried to do achieve something good, which may have benefited NijiEN in the long run had she succeeded. I mean, why wouldn't you try to organize a strike or find some other leverage for negotiations in her situation? From everything I can tell, Nijisanji's strategy for internal negotiations is to beat the uppity gaijin with sticks.
Got to agree with this. We don't know what Zaion or other potential strikers could have demanded if they went on strike, and how reasonable or unreasonable they would have been. I can't help but wonder what might have happened had a strike actually happened, what talents might still be with Niji, helping them make money and how we might think of Niji on this forum had they managed to negotiate some reasonable reforms of the company.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Out of curiousity, I was looking dates. Zaion was suspended officially on February 8th, 2023.

A week prior to that, the AR Live was cancelled:

She claims to have organized a strike. Given Luxiem's very vocal negative reaction to the news, Vox agreeing funding to a strike after that isn't crazy, if she is telling the truth. Someone in corpo discovers her treachery and she gets publicly suspended, which eventually leads to a termination after an investigation. Also gives credence to the claims of gaslighting and why some of the Livers were so willing to disregard her.

I remember people thinking at the time that Luxiem's responses seemed coordinated, and much closer to calling management liars outright than any PR person would allow. I wouldn't be surprised if Zaion had approached them before they gave their public responses, not after.

Gotta say, if she came in and thought 3 months in trying to start a riot while Niji EN was mostly in good shape then was a good idea, she is even more retarded than I thought she was before. No wonder the Niji EN people are ghosting her and some of the Livers publicly threw her under the bus.
How sure are we that NijiEN was in good shape then? More of them seemed happier compared to now, sure. But in hindsight, the AR Live was a Selen cover situation for the entire branch. You had Reimu crying on stream from preparation stress, and everyone else talking about being busy, and then it gets cancelled for nebulous reasons ("COVID" for the AR Live, unknown for Selen's cover). That was in February 2023. Pomu coped that it was postponed and not just cancelled, but we've reached 2024 without a new date and Pomu graduating. If there was a time for mass protest, it was then.

Those of you dogging on Zaion for trying to organize a strike, how do you feel when Pippa talks about how PC gen 1 were threatening to walk out on Fishman?

It's clear shit in NijiEN is very broken now. Maybe it was very broken back then too but fewer people were at the end of their ropes yet.
Also compare Production Kawaii and V-Dere. Some fans of gen 1 and 2 still have hard feelings about gen 3 walking and setting back the ones who stayed. One can argue that gen 3 pushed too fast and too hard (and one might argue the same for Zaion), but there was definitely something to push.

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Offered is not the same as actually putting your money down. Remember, we are dealing with the puritanical crowd, so unless there were actual consequences for this attempt, it still looks bad on him. There's no reasoning with this particular band of crazies.
Froot seems to do pretty well despite never putting her money down and having a highly questionable past for that crowd.
Balancing "Talent Freedom" vs "Tard wrangling" is a bit more delicate, but I think that Phase and Hololive are probably right in the sweet spot at two different ends.
I don't know. Hololive seems to have considerable managerial overreach itself (e.g. "Have to fill in permission forms to use a 3D model in any given stream"). Just because it's better than Niji doesn't mean it's in a sweet spot. It could definitely do with cutting some red tape. Red tape that is seemingly new and wasn't there in the past, one might add.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
IDK GUYS i dont think i ever saw someone trying to strike in the vtuber industry to have an example of how things would turned out for them :(

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Japs dont like strikes guys
Yeah nips are very much "put your head down and follow the leader, if you don't like it then just quit".

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Topic I was thinking of
When the inevitable Selen graduation happens, are Niji stupid enough not only to terminate her but to Zaion list her, and trigger Doki to pull a Sayu herself?

Or will they be entirely secretive and terminate without specifics?

Xuhle

Topic I was thinking of
When the inevitable Selen graduation happens, are Niji stupid enough not only to terminate her but to Zaion list her, and trigger Doki to pull a Sayu herself?

If it's a termination I could see them trying to pull a Zaion in trying to blacklist her entirely. Though to counter that I do think that most communities will call a lot of bullshit on that.

Now if it's a graduation she will probably be close to Nina and being vague as possible though might spill some or imply certain things.

Bronze

Topic I was thinking of

I don't think they will deliberately Zaion list her because of what happened with Sayu. So I think as long as she doesnt stir shit, they also won't because a 2nd one will def not end in their favor, and they possibly are aware of it. They may even give her a graduation because of it instead of terminating her, if timing allows it at least

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Topic I was thinking of

I'd like to think they learned something from the Zaion case, but I don't think we have any evidence they are capable of learning anything.

Top Bottom