"NOOO NOT THE FUCKING 'CASH NOW', NOT THESE FUCKING COMMERCIALS!!! FUCK THERE'S SO MANY OF THEEESE!!!"Pipkin Pippa

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

Grass4Cats

Cats chew me
Her last tweet, a thank you to end things off:

Edit: She had one more to go. "See you tomorrow" has now become "See you someday."

:gurasemperfi:

Man, among other graduations, looks like this is truly it. A true idol graduation. That animation really cements it, the end/retirement of Minato Aqua.

Farewell Aqua. I don't think I will follow her since her story is over and with that fulfilling end, it's best for me to close her book as well just like Coco's.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Rewatching (because work interfered with watching live beyond the first fifteen minutes), I find it striking how only Gen 0 and Holo X could fill all five doors.

Gen 2 was the fifth to fall. Two remain.

And the clock is ticking.

Trudwal

Towa baby
Subaru is the only one from Gen 2 who still hasn't said anything, right?

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
At this point, she's the only one in all of Holo JP who hasn't said anything, aside from Haachama who's traveling. Even Iroha came back from her break to say goodbye. Subaru hasn't talked about Aqua at all since the week of the announcement. I thought she might have done so today but all she did was say that she wasn't gonna stream. It's gone from worrying to just outright depressing. Even some JP subatomos are starting to rrat.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
At this point, she's the only one in all of Holo JP who hasn't said anything, aside from Haachama who's traveling. Even Iroha came back from her break to say goodbye. Subaru hasn't talked about Aqua at all since the week of the announcement. I thought she might have done so today but all she did was say that she wasn't gonna stream. It's gone from worrying to just outright depressing. Even some JP subatomos are starting to rrat.
Subaru Senpai finally understands how i feel
20240531_211818.jpg

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
THE ONLY ONE IN THE WHOLE COMPANY
EVEN HOMOSTARS THAT NEVER EVER COLLABED WITH HER SAID SOMETHING ABOUT IT
Even some JP subatomos are starting to rrat.
:faunacry::faunacry::faunacry::faunacry::faunacry::faunacry::faunacry:
Dont say that Shuba Saber i wouldnt be able to resist bad blood between Genmates in HoloExodia

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I mean she does appear in the final stream, so it's not like she's completely dissapeared.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
:faunacry::faunacry::faunacry::faunacry::faunacry::faunacry::faunacry:
Dont say that Shuba Saber i wouldnt be able to resist bad blood between Genmates in HoloExodia
I wouldn't say it's bad blood. I think the graduation just hit her much harder than everyone else and she's still trying to come to terms with it. I could go into detail on what I think happened if anyone's interested, but since it's all a rrat with just as much truth as the people saying they hate each other, it doesn't really matter much. Also it makes me look like an even bigger autist than you would think. Ultimately I just hope she's okay and if she's not, that she eventually will be.

NafsuBuas735

HtCi049oF9.jpgtoVZI0G7df.jpg

Dear Subaru,

Thank you for cherishing us 2nd generation. The first person to hang out with me in Hololive was you, Subaru.
Even though I didn't have LINE at that time you made me create an account and became my friend, thank you.
Whenever I was feeling down, you would look out for me and ask if I'm okay, thank you.
At first, I thought that because you were so extroverted, we wouldn't match well with each other, but you took the effort to match to my comfort level and that made me very happy.
Thank you for singing together with me in NEGI☆U and Curry Spice, and for always nudging me from behind to create just one more friend.
Thank you for teaching me about Street Fighter 6 when I had absolutely zero knowledge.
Thank you for clashing/squaring off against me with your everything.
HoloExodia is forever.
Till we meet again.

Minato Aqua
Courtesy of Subacord who TLed Aqua's message. I dont know what the JP Subatomos are worried about, but here we can see Aqua does think highly of Subaru.
I wasnt much of a Subatomo when Coco graduated, so I dont know how she was at that time, but it does make you sad when the sun of Hololive is feeling troubled like this. But still, I also kinda wished Suba had interacted with Aqua just one last time like Nene did.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
it makes me look like an even bigger autist than you would think.
you write posts listing things said by the talents on their streams, I don't think there's much that can make one look more autistic (affectionate) than that. :BijouBijou:

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
I wouldn't say it's bad blood. I think the graduation just hit her much harder than everyone else and she's still trying to come to terms with it. I could go into detail on what I think happened if anyone's interested, but since it's all a rrat with just as much truth as the people saying they hate each other, it doesn't really matter much. Also it makes me look like an even bigger autist than you would think. Ultimately I just hope she's okay and if she's not, that she eventually will be.
Publish your rrat Gen 2 brother:mikoInshanya:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Whatever is happening, I hope she's doing alright. I know the announcement hit her hard, and knowing how she is, it doesn't surprise me. Also knowing how she is, it's been constantly concerning that she's been silent on the whole thing for a while now. Best wishes to her.
:pippasadl:

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter
Please post it! I want to read it too!

RiverBear

I mean, these girls know each other personally
Just because they haven't said anything publicly doesn't mean they have said all they can privately

On Subaru's actions New

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
You'll probably want to skip to the TLDR at the bottom since all of this is just me sperging :shubaIapprob:

I'll start with this for context though. Here's everything that Subaru did during the week Aqua's graduation was announced:

Right after the announcement, she posted two tweets that she deleted almost immediately:
32789245892.jpg

"I wish you would have just stayed."
"That's just me being selfish though."

(This part is especially rrat-y but bear with me). Subaru posted a cover song on her birthday last month. It's a vocaloid song titled "In Case You're Gonna Jump"

The instrumentals are upbeat but it's a bit of a darker song, especially for a Subaru cover. It's basically about someone trying to stop their friend from jumping off a roof by reminding them of their friendship. There are some interesting lyrics:
I was hooked by the time I realised
You recommended me all this weird music;
pushed me to read all these weird manga;
had an influence over my life; and
Are you kidding, you better remember this, you bastard!

It'll be nice if we could be like this
in the world where we meet next
Shall we forecast what we'll be reborn as
using a book?
You'll be an "onion," I'll be a "tire"
Perhaps we should rearrange our jump for another time……?
As we aim for the day we can truly jump for real
Why don't we stay together for just a little longer?

Coincidental lyrics don't mean anything but the more interesting part is that the day after Aqua's announcement, Subaru made the cover private. Here's a JP Subatomo tweet talking about it. Then the cover went back up about 4-5 hours after that, but with comments turned off. Here's another tweet talking about it coming back. Again, this doesn't exactly mean anything but is worth mentioning considering the timing.

On her morning stream that Friday, she said she would not talk about Aqua on stream as it'd get her sad.

Here's exactly what she said:
"By the way, there are a lot of people expecting me to talk about Minato Aqua-san, but it'll make me sad so I won't talk about it on stream. It's gonna be sad so I won't be talking about it on stream, please understand."

After that she sees chat posting sad emojis and stuff and follows up with:

"See, the vibes are gonna get like this, that's why I don't wanna bring it up! We've been having good conversations but I don't think I want to bring it up on stream so I won't."

She ends the stream with that awkward laughing tone and then later on Twitter, bans any clips of that part.

And then after that, nothing. Subaru never talks about Aqua again nor does she ever talk to her again in public. The last time they talked on stream was around a month ago during the finale of HoloARK, about a week before Aqua's announcement. She asked Aqua and Choco to take a photo together as Gen 2 reps.

That is all that's happened. Everything after this is just my personal thoughts and rrating.

Honestly, I'd be willing to believe everything is fine just from Subaru saying that they were talking to each other a while ago. But these weeks of essentially pretending Aqua doesn't exist have been awkward and made me wonder if she's bottling up her feelings.

Some other random tidbits and speculation:
  • So we know from Mio that even up till 2 weeks ago, some Holos were still trying to convince Aqua to stay. Towa admitted she was one of them but she accepted the decision after listening to Aqua talk about it. I fully believe Subaru was another one, but she was much less accepting and as time went on, it began to hurt her badly.
  • Besides Shion, Subaru was the one Aqua was closest to in Gen 2. Especially back in the early days, they relied on each other a ton and talked fairly often. Aqua still had the introvert barrier but Subaru was one of the reasons she started to open up. She considers Aqua a sister and always thought that they could get through any issues together. Aqua said she had thought about quitting years ago and I'm certain Subaru was one of the reasons she didn't, along with Norio, Mea, Shion etc.
  • We know from her last members stream that Aqua made the decision to graduate around April 27th and likely told the girls at the start of May. Subaru's cover came out for her birthday on July 2nd. Honestly, I don't really believe Subaru's cover is something dedicated to Aqua, but I would understand if it was true. Covers can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, so it definitely could have happened within the time frame. That part doesn't really matter though.
  • There was a morning stream about 2 months ago where Subaru said something happened that made her "explode with stress." After which, she went to get yakiniku by herself. Miko noticed and texted her, asking if she was okay, then they hung out and Subaru felt better. It could have been nothing to do with Aqua but it also could have been related.
  • Aqua had her birthday call-ins on 8/8. People expected Subaru to call in because she always has, but this time she didn't. It was a little offputting cause Subaru was streaming Super Mario by herself at the time, a game she could have easily paused for a few minutes to go say happy birthday.

I was also gonna mention what @NafsuBuas735 posted with the translation of Aqua's note to Subaru. One part stuck out to me. This right here:
"Thank you for clashing/squaring off against me with your everything."

Aqua uses 「ぶつかって」 here which means to clash/conflict/collide. Even as Aqua was writing the note, she was wondering if this wording was gonna sound weird, but went ahead and used it anyways. It was odd to me because as much as I've known these two, they've never really "clashed" about anything on stream. They certainly pulled pranks on each other, messed around and beat each other up in games like Minecraft/ARK/etc. Maybe that's what Aqua was referring to. She could also be referring to how their opposite natures of introvert/extrovert clashed with each other. But it made me wonder what if she was referring to something else.

SO BASICALLY, what I think happened is that for months, Subaru kept trying to convince Aqua to cancel her graduation. Likely more so than anyone else. We know how passionate she can be. But as she kept trying and as Aqua kept denying her, she felt worse and worse. Norio said she blamed herself after she found out about Aqua's choice, I think Subaru did the same but x100. She started feeling massive regret, maybe not being there more or not talking to her more etc. And in that sadness, she could have gotten a bit heated. I don't think she said anything harsh or insulting or that it turned into an argument. But she likely raised her voice, cried and even begged at some point. That might have been what Aqua meant when she said "thanks for clashing against me with everything." After Subaru realized she couldn't change Aqua's mind though, she did what she usually does and tried to avoid thinking about it altogether.

Now one of the things I love about Subaru is that she's not like most women. Women tend to hold on to grudges and negative feelings for as long as possible, while Subaru has always tried to find the quickest way to make herself feel better. Have an issue with management or perms? Come up with even more ideas/plans. Feeling stressed or overworked? Get some yakiniku or watch some Yugioh. Have ghosts in your house? Literally just stop caring. It's simple as hell but it's effective and something I admire about her. The thing is though, she's been trying to apply this method to what's happening with Aqua. By not interacting on stream and not talking about it, she's trying to force herself to stop being sad and just move on.

But this isn't something as simple as having a bad day. One of her best friends is leaving the company they've been at for 6 years. It's something she needs to accept but can't and it's been eating at her for months. So you have the fact that it's just plain sad, then you have Subaru hating how selfish she's being as well the guilt that could be there. Not to mention the pressure she feels to not let any of this be known as Hololive's "Sun Girl" and basically, all of that is why things are the way they are currently.

SUPER TLDR: Subaru's just really depressed that Aqua's gone. She fought hard to get Aqua to stay but failed and likely blamed herself. She also hates how selfish she's been in wanting Aqua to stay and by not acknowledging any of her feeling publicly, she's basically trying to force herself to not be sad and just move past all of it. Her role as Hololive's "Sun Girl" and desire to be happy in front of her fans is also adding onto this.

Just reiterating, all of this is a rrat and Subaru could currently be the happiest duck in the world right now (which is what I want honestly). This is just me overthinking and speculating based on how the past few weeks have gone. And yes, I am an autistic fuck. How did you know?
:BijouBijou:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

You'll probably want to skip to the TLDR at the bottom since all of this is just me sperging :shubaIapprob:

I'll start with this for context though. Here's everything that Subaru did during the week Aqua's graduation was announced:

Right after the announcement, she posted two tweets that she deleted almost immediately:
View attachment 76974

(This part is especially rrat-y but bear with me). Subaru posted a cover song on her birthday last month. It's a vocaloid song titled "In Case You're Gonna Jump"

The instrumentals are upbeat but it's a bit of a darker song, especially for a Subaru cover. It's basically about someone trying to stop their friend from jumping off a roof by reminding them of their friendship. There are some interesting lyrics:

Coincidental lyrics don't mean anything but the more interesting part is that the day after Aqua's announcement, Subaru made the cover private. Here's a JP Subatomo tweet talking about it. Then the cover went back up about 4-5 hours after that, but with comments turned off. Here's another tweet talking about it coming back. Again, this doesn't exactly mean anything but is worth mentioning considering the timing.

On her morning stream that Friday, she said she would not talk about Aqua on stream as it'd get her sad.

"By the way, there are a lot of people expecting me to talk about Minato Aqua-san, but it'll make me sad so I won't talk about it on stream. It's gonna be sad so I won't be talking about it on stream, please understand."

"See, the vibes are gonna get like this, that's why I don't wanna bring it up! We've been having good conversations but I don't think I want to bring it up on stream so I won't."

She ends the stream with that awkward laughing tone and then later on Twitter, bans any clips of that part.

And then after that, nothing. Subaru never talks about Aqua again nor does she ever talk to her again in public. The last time they talked on stream was around a month ago during the finale of HoloARK, about a week before Aqua's announcement. She asked Aqua and Choco to take a photo together as Gen 2 reps.

That is all that's happened. Everything after this is just my personal thoughts and rrating.

Honestly, I'd be willing to believe everything is fine just from Subaru saying that they were talking to each other a while ago. But these weeks of essentially pretending Aqua doesn't exist have been awkward and made me wonder if she's bottling up her feelings.

• So we know from Mio that even up till 2 weeks ago, some Holos were still trying to convince Aqua to stay. Towa admitted she was one of them but she accepted the decision after listening to Aqua talk about it. I fully believe Subaru was another one, but she was much less accepting and as time went on, it began to hurt her badly.
  • Besides Shion, Subaru was the one Aqua was closest to in Gen 2. Especially back in the early days, they relied on each other a ton and talked fairly often. Aqua still had the introvert barrier but Subaru was one of the reasons she started to open up. She considers Aqua a sister and always thought that they could get through any issues together. Aqua said she had thought about quitting years ago and I'm certain Subaru was one of the reasons she didn't, along with Norio, Mea, Shion etc.
  • We know from her last members stream that Aqua made the decision to graduate around April 27th and likely told the girls at the start of May. Subaru's cover came out for her birthday on July 2nd. Honestly, I don't really believe Subaru's cover is something dedicated to Aqua, but I would understand if it was true. Covers can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, so it definitely could have happened within the time frame. That part doesn't really matter though.
  • There was a morning stream about 2 months ago where Subaru said something happened that made her "explode with stress." After which, she went to get yakiniku by herself. Miko noticed and texted her, asking if she was okay, then they hung out and Subaru felt better. It could have been nothing to do with Aqua but it also could have been related.
  • Aqua had her birthday call-ins on 8/8. People expected Subaru to call in because she always has, but this time she didn't. It was a little offputting cause Subaru was streaming Super Mario by herself at the time, a game she could have easily paused for a few minutes to go say happy birthday.

I was also gonna mention what @NafsuBuas735 posted with the translation of Aqua's note to Subaru. One part stuck out to me. This right here:

Aqua uses 「ぶつかって」 here which means to clash/conflict/collide. Even as Aqua was writing the note, she was wondering if this wording was gonna sound weird, but went ahead and used it anyways. It was odd to me because as much as I've known these two, they've never really "clashed" about anything on stream. They certainly pulled pranks on each other, messed around and beat each other up in games like Minecraft/ARK/etc. Maybe that's what Aqua was referring to. She could also be referring to how their opposite natures of introvert/extrovert clashed with each other. But it made me wonder what if she was referring to something else.

SO BASICALLY, what I think happened is that for months, Subaru kept trying to convince Aqua to cancel her graduation. Likely more so than anyone else. We know how passionate she can be. But as she kept trying and as Aqua kept denying her, she felt worse and worse. Norio said she blamed herself after she found out about Aqua's choice, I think Subaru did the same but x100. She started feeling massive regret, maybe not being there more or not talking to her more etc. And in that sadness, she could have gotten a bit heated. I don't think she said anything harsh or insulting or that it turned into an argument. But she likely raised her voice, cried and even begged at some point. That might have been what Aqua meant when she said "thanks for clashing against me with everything." After Subaru realized she couldn't change Aqua's mind though, she did what she usually does and tried to avoid thinking about it altogether.

Now one of the things I love about Subaru is that she's not like most women. Women tend to hold on to grudges and negative feelings for as long as possible, while Subaru has always tried to find the quickest way to make herself feel better. Have an issue with management or perms? Come up with even more ideas/plans. Feeling stressed or overworked? Get some yakiniku or watch some Yugioh. Have ghosts in your house? Literally just stop caring. It's simple as hell but it's effective and something I admire about her. The thing is though, she's been trying to apply this method to what's happening with Aqua. By not interacting on stream and not talking about it, she's trying to force herself to stop being sad and just move on.

But this isn't something as simple as having a bad day. One of her best friends is leaving the company they've been at for 6 years. It's something she needs to accept but can't and it's been eating at her for months. So you have the fact that it's just plain sad, then you have Subaru hating how selfish she's being as well the guilt that could be there. Not to mention the pressure she feels to not let any of this be known as Hololive's "Sun Girl" and basically, all of that is why things are the way they are currently.

SUPER TLDR: Subaru's just really depressed that Aqua's gone. She fought hard to get Aqua to stay but failed and likely blamed herself. She also hates how selfish she's been in wanting Aqua to stay and by not acknowledging any of her feeling publicly, she's basically trying to force herself to not be sad and just move past all of it. Her role as Hololive's "Sun Girl" and desire to be happy in front of her fans is also adding onto this.

Just reiterating, all of this is a rrat and Subaru could currently be the happiest duck in the world right now (which is what I want honestly). This is just me overthinking and speculating based on how the past few weeks have gone. And yes, I am an autistic fuck. How did you know?

The Rrat makes perfect sense. The graduation has hit her hard and her streaming persona does require, at this point, being generally pretty upbeat. She can't do that if she dwells on the loss. Covers take too long for Aqua's decision to be anything more than a coincidence to it. Subaru also strikes me as the type that always wants to keep her friends with her and this now makes that a lot harder.

The duck could use a hug.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

View attachment 76974

I was thinking that since they knew each other for 7 years and Subaru is a super passionate person, she figured she would get too emotional if she did talk too much about it. I am not really surprised she wouldn't want to talk about it because she probably would break down and doesn't want to show that on stream.

The Rrat makes perfect sense.
I always do.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I was thinking that since they knew each other for 7 years and Subaru is a super passionate person, she figured she would get too emotional if she did talk too much about it. I am not really surprised she wouldn't want to talk about it because she probably would break down and doesn't want to show that on stream.
That was my initial thought but the lack of any acknowledgement on twitter is what really got me wondering how she's doing. She said or tweeted something for Coco, A-chan, Mel and Sana, but it's only been silence for Aqua ever since that first week. Her morning talk show is coming up this Friday so if she's ever gonna bring it up, that would be when. It still sucks that they never got to collab one more time, but I just hope they got to talk things through and will hang out offline every now and then.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
From watching Subaru, she can be pretty straight forward. And the radio silence, really feels like what you've written. Thanks for writing that.

At this point, I would put this as the most plausible rrat. And from me, Subaru have always been her genki self, even playing through sad games, she would still radiate that energy. Seems to me, she's really conscious of that.

I hope she would stop blaming herself, people just move on with life.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Clip of Shion talking about buying a huge bouquet of flowers for Aqua and going to the studio to give them to her before her concert:

And this one also talks about it, on top of her staying and watching the concert in the studio. For this one, the subtitles are through the automatic translation, but seem to do a decent job giving the gist of what she's saying:

In summary: Shion's manager asked if she would like to drop by the studio on the day of. Shion only planned on staying until the concert started. Brought her a big bouquet of flowers because she thought it would be funny given how huge it was. Shion was planning on going home to watch the concert, but Aqua convinced her to stay and watch it at the studio. The reason Shion wanted to watch it at home is because she said it would be hard to cry at the studio, I assume as opposed to being by herself at home without others seeing her or something. But, she stayed and watched it with her manager. She said she teared up throughout, especially starting with the Gen 2 song, but she was able to mostly hold them back. But, of course, like so many of us, when her final song started, she couldn't hold them back anymore. It all came out. Not surprising at all.

Now, of course, when Aqua came back, she absolutely had to ask and tease Shion about whether she cried. Nice hearing that, even after such an emotional event, she easily reverts back to her goofy self to mess with Shion. Honestly, as amazing as her idol ending was, it made me happy to hear this happening afterward. Her being such a tease and menace will be one of the things I'll miss the most.
:whatastory:

Shion also wants to log onto the Minecraft server and visit the note Aqua left for her on a different stream. Should be a nice stream.

Top Bottom