"He just straight up insults me! He calls me a 'pen'! ~'Your pen!'~ Omae wa pen~da! Anata wa pen... da! Kusogaki! You brat... wait, was I wrong? it's incorrect? I'm sorry I'm sorry! I was tricked"Roboco (vs Duolingo)

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Baka onyan

Girly onyan

Faithful onyan

Toxic onyan

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Well after this month it's gonna be pretty hard to get her to record new voice lines, that's for sure. Also, I don't think cover likes having ongoing royalty arangements with departed talents. They finish the merch runs, pay them out and the call it done I suspect.

They will have durable rights on original music to some %, so there's ongoing agreements with almost everyone. That said, some of them might have been bought out of those as part of the exit. Coco's channel is still getting trackable daily views and something caused a spike yesterday, which is probably people going to watch the graduation again.

I just find the timing suspect because the game was announced on March, and Aqua started her 100 days of streaming around May, so something definitely happened during April
They can't have moved forward with announcing Aquarium 2 without any input from Aqua

It might have been soft cancelled already for any various chunk of reasons, but a decision being made in late March by Aqua is probably a good guess. That was also probably when they were doing contracts negotiation anyway, as Cover contracts do seem to run around the August to July point. Which might also explain a bunch of talent moving over there in the summer, as they're contracts are set for the next year and it makes immigration issues a lot easier with work visas.

Sporg

As much as I like the "Gen 2 only remember that they are unit once per year" jokes, didn't they say that recently it had been Aqua who was the one to take the initiative to get them to do stuff together? I wonder what her absence will mean for them now.

On the bright side, if she decided to leave months ago, hopefully that means having had enough time to already schedule various collabs for the next three weeks, and have one last Aqua-Shion stream, one last StartEnd stream, etc.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Aqua-iro Palette is a classic and will forever have its place, but Kaisou Ressha was always my favorite Aqua song.

It's a simple, upbeat track that relates her vtubing journey to a trip on a seaside train. The MV's soft colors are a perfect fit for Aqua's voice and the soft instrumentals. Overall, the imagery and lyrics have this warm feeling to it. She's not sure where she'll end up or if she's making the right choice, but she knows she wouldn't have made it this far alone and appreciates everyone who's stayed by her side. She has done other songs with a similar theme but Kaisou Ressha always stood out the most to me. It feels the most "Aqua" imo.
37692354.png
9325672.png

Anyways she'll be counting down to 6 years in about 2 hours:

Towa's birthday and Noel's 5th anniversary are also on the same day for some reason. They even did a stream celebrating all 3 at once before. Kinda nice to look back on 4 years later:

329794226.png

tgmslc

Halal Gaming

Why would she leave Hololive to join Nijisanji? Why would anyone leave Hololive to join Nijisanji? Roru. Rumao even.
Nijisanji still is the number 1 corpo of Japan but it would be weird to complain about Japanese bureaucracy and then join the most Japanese company that ever Japanesed thats why they are last
Neo Porte just because Shibuya Hal its also sad she is graduating
SONY Because they got Mirai Akari so they could get Minato Aqua if they want
Vshojo if she chooses to retire already
Brave Group do Solo debuts in RIOT MUSIC and VSPO
But Indie aligns more with her reasons to graduate thats why is the number 1 choice

Negzana

With Mel and soon Aqua gone, Hololive lost two cute retards this year, let's hope nothing happens to Kanade

Last edited:

Not-Username

With Mel and soon Aqua gone, Hololive lost two cute retards this year, let's hope nothing happens to Kanade
You mofo yap too much
Cease!
:monkeypaw:

Negzana

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Resurrected myself from the dead just to say that the amount of tweets I saw yesterday accusing Cover of mismanagement over her decision to graduate is disgusting.

At first I assumed it was just raw emotion, but I've seen back and forths today about burgeoning Chinese investment and trying to draw red lines between all that and Nijisanji, and it's becoming rather apparent to me that a sect of Western fans have become so comfortable conflating every graduation as a 'Company L' or the result of some seedy mismanagement from Dramatubers that someone as decorated as Aqua can't put in 6 years of hard work and bow out without losers assuming Cover is becoming what they believe a 'black company' is.

Wishing Aqua the best on her future endeavours. She was one of the people that got me into supporting v-tubers as more than the average streamer and she's had a fantastic career. To me that's the beginning and end of it. I'm sure these last few weeks will have overwhelming positivity to drown out all the nonsense.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
Resurrected myself from the dead just to say that the amount of tweets I saw yesterday accusing Cover of mismanagement over her decision to graduate is disgusting.

At first I assumed it was just raw emotion, but I've seen back and forths today about burgeoning Chinese investment and trying to draw red lines between all that and Nijisanji, and it's becoming rather apparent to me that a sect of Western fans have become so comfortable conflating every graduation as a 'Company L' or the result of some seedy mismanagement from Dramatubers that someone as decorated as Aqua can't put in 6 years of hard work and bow out without losers assuming Cover is becoming what they believe a 'black company' is.
Yeah, a lot of people are drama farming, but there also are a lot of people on Xitter and Reddit that hold the belief "corporations bad". In their minds, there is no way that a corporation and an employee just had a professional disagreement and decided to end things amicably because corporations are evil and they must have been abusing or exploiting her somehow. It also doesn't help that a lot of corpos have been dropping the ball when it comes to PR lately.

Anyway, how ya been, man?

God's Strongest Dragoon

4chan-ass thread, magnificent work.
Yeah, you're right. For all we know, it could be Fauna leaving because Eddy knocked her up.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
If I were you, I'd be more worried about Kaela. Considering her dislike of traveling, idol activities, and parting ways with her pc-kun.

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

This reminds me of Kizuna Ai's graduation. I cried after the concert that day
Even though I was well aware by then that Kizuna Ai would probably never come back. However, I still did not give up my attention and love for vtuber.

For now, whether it was Kizuna Ai's own will or from the A8 project of planning, it was very imprudent to choose to stop the activity at that time. Because vtuber will still be hot for a long time after that.But instead of criticizing her for it, people tried to praise her for her goodness and treat her as a legend.

That's the mood I'm in right now, and I'm starting to think how long is six years, and how will Aqua eventually turn into a flawless idol, and that seems enough.
I really appreciate the memories with Aqua all these years:sanasmile::takoChinese:

frz

If I were you, I'd be more worried about Kaela. Considering her dislike of traveling, idol activities, and parting ways with her pc-kun.
I know you are just trying to fuck with him but kaela is probs fine.
Unlike most she isn't new to the internet, she was a fucking league of legends streamer in indonesia who also participated in the esport scene, which was ultra mysoginistic during a time people are still comfortable with using retard/whore and insulting each other in the face (it still is very mysoginistic tbh, but way less toxic nowadays). She had tasted rock bottom. E-girls in this era was so poor most of them were living with their more popular e-sport pro boyfriend in the US, doubt it's much different in the poorer landscape of indonesia. I'm willing to bet she had conducted several off-season ramadans so she can afford internet/electricity bills.

She literally got celebrated by Youtube Indonesia for being the most superchatted youtuber last year? There's no fucking way she'd go back to her PL.
The only reason she'd quit holo is to have children.
So if kaela really graduated you know it's on doctor's order. :smugpipi:

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!
95120.gif
HE SURVIVES ANOTHER ONE!

Goodbye Onion ;_;

Negzana

I know you are just trying to fuck with him but kaela is probs fine.
Unlike most she isn't new to the internet, she was a fucking league of legends streamer in indonesia who also participated in the esport scene, which was ultra mysoginistic during a time people are still comfortable with using retard/whore and insulting each other in the face (it still is very mysoginistic tbh, but way less toxic nowadays). She had tasted rock bottom. E-girls in this era was so poor most of them were living with their more popular e-sport pro boyfriend in the US, doubt it's much different in the poorer landscape of indonesia. I'm willing to bet she had conducted several off-season ramadans so she can afford internet/electricity bills.

She literally got celebrated by Youtube Indonesia for being the most superchatted youtuber last year? There's no fucking way she'd go back to her PL.
The only reason she'd quit holo is to have children.
So if kaela really graduated you know it's on doctor's order. :smugpipi:
Ignoring that, last night she actually said she intended to stay till the end of Hololive

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter

My favorite Aqua clip is the one where she makes Matsuri burst into tears just by listening to Aqua-Iro Palette. Under all that menhera, Matsuri is sweet and sentimental.

Aqua is so powerful. It will be impossible to forget her. Her contribution was immense and, in my opinion, only rivaled by Pekora. It is wild to watch such a profitable talent walk out the door. Feels like Coco again, but it seems like Aqua just wasn't happy with the way things were in Holo anymore. We will obviously never know what the sticking point is, or how many there are, but it's safe to assume that neither Aqua nor Cover would want to part ways because it hurts them both to different extents. However there must be some irreconcilable differences that cannot be met or compromised and I suppose Aqua has reached the end of her rope. I am taking the stance of assuming it's just business and not personal. Cover hasn't really done anything to warrant my ire for a long time now, but unless what Aqua wanted was completely unreasonable or she just wanted to move on from idol stuff, I would suggest they try, as fast as possible, to look for solutions to whatever the issue(s) was that caused Aqua to make this decision.

Negzana

Aqua was always one of my favorites. Kind of a similar level to Rushia before her firing. Mostly only watched clips and memes of her, never actively sought her streams, but her clips and memes were always great.

Top Bottom