"I hope you guys you know, uh, celebrate together happily...and...maybe explode together"IRyS

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

thirteenorphans

Now that I've had some time to digest, I'm not as sad about the situation. Aqua has been around a long while and is experienced enough to make it on her own if she wanted something beyond what Cover could give her.

I do think the long project perms time could be a factor - many talents have said celebrations for anniversaries or birthdays don't happen when they're supposed to even when scheduled ages in advance. And that's if they don't scrap projects that are well in development already for reasons unknown.

As far as special treatment it is both to Cover's credit and detriment that they, on surface at least, treat all their talents the same with no favourites even if I'm sure there's subtle stuff such as Kronii being ignored etc. This does mean that their bigger talents might not feel prioritised, but that does mean that even the least of the talents get a chance to do neat stuff.

Anyway long and short of is that I don't think there's any one reason why she wants to leave, just an accumulation of sorts.

Clipper Nekomikuri's comments, supposed Reddit summary of Polka's comments

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter

The clipper gave their own thoughts.
1722996034441.png

There was also a reply they made but they might have deleted it for some reason. Only got reddit as a source.
1722996148495.png

Also, according to another reddit comment, apparently Polka doesn't get what was the "difference in directions" that caused Aqua to leave, in case you are afraid that it might be related to B2 and others might be following suit.
1722996098484.png

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Granted though Polka is such an unorthodox vtuber. She's like a full-time entertainer.

Immergrant#1

I don't know if it's been asked already here but does anyone know if Aqua does or even have any PL like Youtube/Social or any content related so we can continue supporting her or is this the last time we get in touched with Aqua after she graduate?

akaaoi

I don't know if it's been asked already here but does anyone know if Aqua does or even have any PL like Youtube/Social or any content related so we can continue supporting her or is this the last time we get in touched with Aqua after she graduate?
222nd post, the one early into page 12 by Svarog

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
View attachment 75377
There was also a reply they made but they might have deleted it for some reason. Only got reddit as a source.
View attachment 75380

Also, according to another reddit comment, apparently Polka doesn't get what was the "difference in directions" that caused Aqua to leave, in case you are afraid that it might be related to B2 and others might be following suit.
View attachment 75379
Polka also joined at a time where Holo was already in full swing of how they are now. From her perspective, they haven't changed, but they are totally different from when Aqua joined.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS

frz

Tbf Polka has polka legend where she gets to do whatever she wants weekly and it's her main focus, she only streams fotm games, karaoke and random ass gacha games likely under sponsorships (She did start "morning yapping" recently), but she's never really a game streamer. She also participates in a lot of hololive's group streams on the main channel as she's comfortable doing that content/being a host. Aqua might not, which is one of the rrat right now.

Someone more goal-orientated regarding streamings like doki would probs flip if she's put under holo management.
Well, she did do a flip in nijisanji

I can't imagine Aqua being like Doki but maybe she's been surpressed by Holo's perm autism all this time. We will see once she joins Vshojo

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
View attachment 75377
View attachment 75380

View attachment 75379
This alleged Polka statement is interesting to me, this somewhat infers that the change in thought that could've been the cause for Aqua's departure has been in place since Gen 5, meaning that there is a chance that anyone after that is well accustomed to that or prepared for the longer run, while the old guard may be the ones in the possible crosshairs, which is an interesting thought

Last edited:
Aquarium 2 is cancelled by the devs

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Last edited by a moderator:

The Rrat

Early Adopter

So they will keep selling the original. That is good. Would be silly of them to stop, as it is totally different than Holo shop goods. I forgot they were making a sequel, too.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
That's the entire industry at this point, though, no? Vtubing isn't the wild west anymore, there's been numerous high-profile Incidents™ that've tanked careers and even entire corpo's. So yeah. Everyone's more careful, except 2-view indie nobodies with nothing to lose and everything to gain.
With corpos, the bigger it is the harder it is to steer, like a ship (or a bus).

People tend to think "OH CORPOS JUST DO TONS OF BUREACRACY CUZ THEY'RE EVIL (or japanese)!" but really it is unavoidable that Cover is going to become more complex as it gets bigger, that's one of the qualities of companies getting larger, they grow in scope and complexity. And those changes usually bring more rules.

A lot of people like to think big companies can just do whatever they want, I mean they have money and power! but like a big ship, a big company is very inflexible because there are a lot of people on board who have different opinions on how things should be done, the bigger it is also means there are more eyes on it which will be more and more critical of any moves it makes. Big companies just tend to get less flexible and they also face more and more threats from people who see a big target.

If you are a pirate and there are no consequences for attacking what ship will you target? The 2 person sailboat or the cruise ship with hundreds of thousands in assets on board? Holo has gotten into a lot of drama over the years and they have gotten burned and burned and burned by stuff and naturally this just means they have adopted a lot of rules to prevent these things from happening again. People in this industry generally don't give a shit about random indie #566785 doing reprehensible thing, because the 5 people who watch them are usually into it, but when you are "the face of the industry" it is very hard to do anything without getting shat on by tons of people who may not even watch you, but still love commenting and spreading all sorts of funny rrats about you.

So yeah, Holo is a very different beast from what it was in 2018, I don't think we have to invent some conspiratorial story to explain this, aqua just doesn't like the feel of the company and/or her responsibilities in it anymore. I am not going to deny that I also feel on edge about this, it's not hard to knowing how quickly things can go to shit, but I will sit and watch as the situation develops, there is nothing any of us can do to affect this anyway.

RiverBear

I wonder how big the fallout between Management and Aqua actually is that they'd rather just cancel the game altogether

mismatch

I wonder how big the fallout between Management and Aqua actually is that they'd rather just cancel the game altogether
Well after this month it's gonna be pretty hard to get her to record new voice lines, that's for sure. Also, I don't think cover likes having ongoing royalty arangements with departed talents. They finish the merch runs, pay them out and the call it done I suspect.

RiverBear

Well after this month it's gonna be pretty hard to get her to record new voice lines, that's for sure. Also, I don't think cover likes having ongoing royalty arangements with departed talents. They finish the merch runs, pay them out and the call it done I suspect.
I just find the timing suspect because the game was announced on March, and Aqua started her 100 days of streaming around May, so something definitely happened during April
They can't have moved forward with announcing Aquarium 2 without any input from Aqua

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I just find the timing suspect because the game was announced on March, and Aqua started her 100 days of streaming around May, so something definitely happened during April
They can't have moved forward with announcing Aquarium 2 without any input from Aqua
She may have not fully decided on graduation until after that or Cover was still trying to convince her to stay. We also don't know how far along the game's development actually was and it could have been cancelled for a while, but nothing was said until now.

Bae said a little bit in her stream, in case anyone was wondering. Nothing new, just the same that they knew for a while.

RiverBear

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Well, she is most certainly going to be in Aqua's graduation Live, so she is probably there to record that. They aren't gonna have the Onyan without her Garlic.

As for who else, I assume Gen 2, Startend, and UMISEA, at least.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Top Bottom