"Out of all the things that filter people, if it's not my voice that filters you, if it's not my personality that filters you, if it's my regurgitation that filters you? that makes me happy!"Fujikura Uruka

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

roktofferson

Happy Memories

I always enjoyed the behind the scenes stories about aqua

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Today's definitely been some kind of day. Been able to work normally throughout it without any issues, but this has been on my mind all day, especially when I stopped for some downtime.

I agree with those here who said it's a good time to share our favorite Aqua clips.

Negzana

I thought A-Chan was the highest profile departure in years, still broken that it's Aqua. Her face is up there with Pekora, Marine, Miko, and Suisei as "This is Hololive." It just seems unreal.

Stunned But Dumb

I can't remember the name of the game, but I've been looking for a clip from when Aqua played it. It was a flavor of the month game where the point was to be polite in goofy situations in society often leading to ridiculous results. I'm looking for Aqua's reaction to the vtuber being revealed to be a man since it's my favorite

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I can't remember the name of the game, but I've been looking for a clip from when Aqua played it. It was a flavor of the month game where the point was to be polite in goofy situations in society often leading to ridiculous results. I'm looking for Aqua's reaction to the vtuber being revealed to be a man since it's my favorite

Kuukiyomi?

Here is the scene you asked about.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Thankfully all of her stuff still will be up so it can be told that once Aqua convinced Rushia to sing with her in a Cover while Ru was listing her in the Death Note

Then you should listen to Aqua Iro Palette but in English:

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Stunned But Dumb

Kuukiyomi?

Here is the scene you asked about.

Thanks. Here's a compilation but Aqua's is timestamped at 3:29

Even rewatching it now I laugh out loud at her embarrassment. Damn... three years. I didn't realize it's been so long and this is one of my favorite Aqua moments.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Since it all boils down to perms autism, does this mean aqua was JP vesperg?:BijouBijou:
I hope other talents don't get tired of the extreme perms autism and quit too :depressedtako:
It does make me wonder how many things go through an unnecessary amount of people just to get approved, it all reminded me of a video of a dude that used to work at roosterteeth, he said that* (fuck you @Seth) when they went ultra corporate they would get every idea of a project passed down a lot of people for approval and by the time it got approved it would be so long of a wait nobody wanted anything to do with the project anymore.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Since it all boils down to perms autism, does this mean aqua was JP vesperg?:BijouBijou:
I hope other talents don't get tired of the extreme perms autism and quit too :depressedtako:
It does make me wonder how many things go through an unnecessary amount of people just to get approved, it all reminded me of a video of a dude that used to work at roosterteeth, he said the when they went ultra corporate they would get every idea of a project passed down a lot of people for approval and by the time it got approved it would be so long of a wait nobody wanted anything to do with the project anymore.
Where was it said that it had to do with perms? Seems like it was mostly Aqua unable to adapt with how much the company changed since she joined from what other talents have implied.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Don't be that sad bros. Take solace in the fact that Aqutan is gonna make the victory lap of the century on Rushia. She's gonna fuck off into the sunset with probably a million dollars and an outstanding reputation :Vesper-UNHINGED::Vesper-UNHINGED::Vesper-UNHINGED::Vesper-UNHINGED:
Do worry though, I've been telling you niggas that once they went public shit will eventually seep in, it's unavoidable. :botanshrug:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Where was it said that it had to do with perms? Seems like it was mostly Aqua unable to adapt with how much the company changed since she joined from what other talents have implied.
I was going by the summary from this post
Before, I would lightly say, I'd like to try this, and before they'd be like, "That's interesting. Try it, let's see what happens." Now, they're like either "Well, that's against the rules" or, "There's no rules for this. We need to discuss this. Can we get back to you on it?" And sometimes Suisei is like "Goddamn this is taking forever." But it's all to protect you from messing up.
which makes it sound like they need permission to do a lot of things.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Man.

I don't have a good feeling about this one. Like, the girl behind Aqua isn't dead, she probably wanted to go pro as an IRL e-sports girl or something and couldn't make that work with Cover's staff. But it certainly is the end of an era, isn't it?

Between this and the Mel termination, I think it's obvious a page has turned somewhere, and Hololive is a little bit different from what it used to be. I remember when the 5th (?) gen debuted, Subaru said something along the lines of "I could never get into Hololive if I auditioned now" and talked about how much the company has changed since gen 2 debuted. All in a positive way of course, and it was meant to talk up how impressive the new girls were at the time. But in retrospect, maybe not all of those changes are positive.

I think I prefer a company that does things like taking chances on girls with no streaming experience and a burned down house. I don't know. Things change, I like Hololive now, I love the newer talents and their genuine creativity. Obviously good things are still happening even if the talents have to fill out more paperwork behind the scenes. But something about this just makes me sad.

Godspeed Ateshi. :pomuSalute: You're one of the most genuinely skilled gamer girls out there, and your weird social anxiety and autism are cute and endearing. I'll keep watching if you still want to make online content. Unless you join Niji, on principle.

Please don't join Niji...

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Ah, I was thinking specifically game perms when you said "perms".
:chibiBrainDamage:
WAIT I JUST REALIZED HOLO IS THE UK OF VTUBER COMPANIES BECAUSE YOU NEED A LOICENSE FOR EVERYTHING THERE :faunacry:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
In a way it is a sign of maturity (and Japanese) that cover has been bringing in rules.
How many other companies that grow big (mainly gaming) implode because they never set any rules. "We never needed an HR department before" is a common answer.

Sporg

I vaguely remember someone saying that they can't just constantly throw money at new outfits, probably to keep a balance between genmates and avoid resentment. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a soft cap on more than just outfits, maybe the Onion just wants creative freedom (Not the kson ethot kind). She almost definitely has the industry connections and the capital now. Cover could be the most effective agency out there but because of it's structure it is never gonna beat the speed of a solo act throwing money at projects.
Here's Korone talking about not being able to freely use her furball form and requiring permission in advance. I'm 99% sure that Kiara has talked about how just throwing money at new outfits is not an option, since she would definitely do that if she was allowed to.

I was just thinking if it's the other side of the Vesper coin.
Cover: We expect you to do this amount of idol stuff.
Vesper: That's too much, I'm out!
Aqua: That's not enough, I'm out!

Halal Gaming

Rather than the permission itself it seems she is upset at how

LONG​

it takes for that stuff to get sorted out
Man.

I don't have a good feeling about this one. Like, the girl behind Aqua isn't dead, she probably wanted to go pro as an IRL e-sports girl or something and couldn't make that work with Cover's staff. But it certainly is the end of an era, isn't it?

Between this and the Mel termination, I think it's obvious a page has turned somewhere, and Hololive is a little bit different from what it used to be. I remember when the 5th (?) gen debuted, Subaru said something along the lines of "I could never get into Hololive if I auditioned now" and talked about how much the company has changed since gen 2 debuted. All in a positive way of course, and it was meant to talk up how impressive the new girls were at the time. But in retrospect, maybe not all of those changes are positive.

I think I prefer a company that does things like taking chances on girls with no streaming experience and a burned down house. I don't know. Things change, I like Hololive now, I love the newer talents and their genuine creativity. Obviously good things are still happening even if the talents have to fill out more paperwork behind the scenes. But something about this just makes me sad.

Godspeed Ateshi. :pomuSalute: You're one of the most genuinely skilled gamer girls out there, and your weird social anxiety and autism are cute and endearing. I'll keep watching if you still want to make online content. Unless you join Niji, on principle.

Please don't join Niji...
We would still need to wait for her graduation on the 28th to tell where she is going:Actions speak louder than words
Here is my personal list based on just pure speculation from more likely to less likely:
1-Indie
2-VSPO
3-RIOT MUSIC
4-Neo Porte
5-Vshojo
6-SONY
7-Nijisanji

bothyourhouses

AKB48 has been going strong for nearly 20 years
They're a fraction of what they were.
WAIT I JUST REALIZED HOLO IS THE UK OF VTUBER COMPANIES BECAUSE YOU NEED A LOICENSE FOR EVERYTHING THERE
Japan is more like that than the UK, always has been. They even have their own TV license, the NHK man.
How many other companies that grow big (mainly gaming) implode because they never set any rules. "We never needed an HR department before" is a common answer.
Nah, once you start trying to solve personnel problems with policies and rules it's the beginning of the end. The companies that remain worthwhile do so by keeping the trust alive, which requires doing the management work to deal with each incident specifically and get rid of those who break that trust.

tgmslc

That's the entire industry at this point, though, no? Vtubing isn't the wild west anymore, there's been numerous high-profile Incidents™ that've tanked careers and even entire corpo's. So yeah. Everyone's more careful, except 2-view indie nobodies with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Top Bottom