"Yay, beating women!"Pipkin Pippa

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

If only she were out of hololive's control. Aqua can take her vtb image with her wherever she goes, instead of simply erasing it

niggaphil

Finally, I can use this sticker for Aqua graduation stream:
:nolanIwish:

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

Negzana

I've been slacking on watching my JP oshis. After this I need to rectify that.

She's on at 10

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
FUCK just woke up and Akutan is fucking graduating.
:yagoocry:

tgmslc

1000009438.png
1000009440.png

Reddit translation of Suisei's Twitter space commentary

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Taken from reddit.
Discord summary of Suisei’s Twitter space

Suisei: The direction that the company takes doesn't have anything to do with me. I do what I want in the way I want. Their direction doesn't matter. I changed the greeting at my discretion.

Looking at the news, she was like it's not that big of news. Also, it's not like she's quitting being a VTuber. Finally, she asks us to please believe in the direction Aqua is going.

I hate saying "It can't be helped." But...it can't be helped. If you are told, "Difference in direction," what can you even do?

Suisei: Well, the company's growth is good. Because the company grew, we can do things like have that expo in Makuhari every year. But they are solidifying the rules, and it's harder to do things outside the box. And if you try to do something new, they will first take time to research and try to protect you and make rules before you can do it.

Before, I would lightly say, I'd like to try this, and before they'd be like, "That's interesting. Try it, let's see what happens." Now, they're like either "Well, that's against the rules" or, "There's no rules for this. We need to discuss this. Can we get back to you on it?" And sometimes Suisei is like "Goddamn this is taking forever." But it's all to protect you from messing up.

Suisei: doesn't want us to take this as her complaining or criticizing the management.

Suisei: is still considering. The company for the talents, or the talents for the company? She's not sure that it's good that a company just bends over for every single thing a talent wants to do. But to stifle talents, well, VTubing is an industry where you need the talents.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
So with one maid gone, does that mean another maid can join now? Mint

Horo7618

No one in particular
The prophecy has been fulfilled, finally.....

VSoyBoy

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter

I know everyone is sad about the announcement, but let's try to remember the good times as well.

RiverBear

Negzana

I know everyone is sad about the announcement, but let's try to remember the good times as well.

Let's always remember her greatest accomplishment

It was a typical dance lesson like any other for holomembers, this time it was just Rushia, Marine and Aqua in the room, they had just gotten finished with practicing the choreography for a song and decided to take a break.
On the corner, facing the wall Aqua was wailing her arms around like a chimp while screaming POGU POGU POGU POGU, she called it the Pogu Pogu dance and she was ready to do it in her solo part. On the other side of the room Rushia and Marine were chatting about their schedules and stuff, it was at that moment where Rushia mentioned she wanted her usual 6pm timeslot to stream Minecraft. Then abruptly the Pogs came to a halt, Marine shifted her gaze to Aqua while her eyes widened and then quickly closed while turning her face to the side. Confused Rushia exclaims え?え?え? and turns to where Aqua was and sees she's completely still, looking at the corner her head slightly down, before she quickly turns around and walks towards her with utmost resolve. The instant she's in range Aqua kabedons Rushia and prevents her escape, Marine can do nothing but look away and cover her mouth, she knows how Aqua is when she gets like this and she knows there's no stopping her.
Aqua's real life 143 cm tall body completely eclipses Mikeneko's 167cm tall frame, and she proceeds to stare deeply into the floor while Rushia looks down at her, only capable of reading the imprint in her hat reading "Please be patient, I have Autism".
あーあの。。。さあ。。。
スウウウウウウウウウウウウウウ
The onion maid slurps while tears form inside of Rushia's eyes, completely unable to bear the amount of bullying she's receiving.
ちょーちょっとさああ。
あーあの時に。。。あていし。。。
By that point Rushia had already burst into treats and was just holding back her voice in order to not embarass herself any further. She could not speak back, were she able to turn her head to Marine she'd see she was reacting similarly.
配信もしたい。。。
スウウウウウウウウウウウウウウウウウウウ
With a final slurp she released her hand from the wall and turned around walking back to her corner. At that very moment Rushia's knees gave in and she fell into the floor, her hand covering her mouth trying to drown her sniffles.
Aqua then proceeded to face the mirror and yell STARBURST STREAM while once again wailing her hands like a monkey

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
FUCK I WAS RIGHT

MANAGEMENT HATE
So she hates Japanese bureaucracy?
Now that i wonder when was the last time she had a big sponsor or project?:ameliaThink:
Hrr Visual Novel was done very long ago

Negzana

FUCK I WAS RIGHT

MANAGEMENT HATE
At least going by Suisei it was Management being overly restrictive rather than outwardly pushing for projects Aqua could never accept.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Taken from reddit.
If reasonably accurate (it does absolutely sound like Suisei), it's just the result of a maturing industry. The West Taiwan incident nearly got to the level of a diplomatic crisis. Cover is big time, these days, and not everyone is built for it. We may love Vesper on the forums, but it was really obvious he wasn't built for working within a corporate structure.

Though it does sound like we can expect an indie regeneration.

frz

So she hates Japanese bureaucracy?
Now that i wonder when was the last time she had a big sponsor or project?:ameliaThink:
Hrr Visual Novel was done very long ago
She did hire a third party studio to hold her sololive concert
I bet one of the reason she left because Hololive won't let her do it again? Maybe. Holo want to consolidate the market and don't want to foster competition? While she just want to perform. And not everyone can just willy nilly adopt a 2nd idol career (And somehow still get married) like Azki.

Additional translation of Aqua's stream, Botan's comment

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
A JP Holofan has given a summary of what Aqutan said during her stream.

(The other posts are in the spoiler tag so I don’t clog up the thread with an unintentionally long ass post)

Archive

Also post from a Hololive clipper about something Botan said on her stream from 2 hours ago. Seems like Aqutan has a decent chance to show back up as an indie.
Archive

Last edited by a moderator:

Sporg

Subaru probs won't leave as long as SMOK stays though and she's the only one in gen 2 that doesn't have best friends outside of Hololive.
IIRC, Subaru once said that some day she and Okayu may be the last two remaining people in Hololive, since neither of them have any ambitions of moving on to bigger and better things beyond the company, and they are both perfectly happy doing what they're doing now for the rest of their lives.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Top Bottom