[Live] PIPPAPOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Honestly I've grown to like name reading, I notice in other peoples chats I recognize Pippa regulars just out of habit which is funny to me. But it really is padding at this point just because of the enormous number of names.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
The name reading's unnecessary at this point, it just pads out the stream for another ten minutes for no reason, and because YouTube's participants list never works someone gets skipped every time anyway.

Skipping it keeps retention for the raid too... for better or worse.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I mean, as long as we get an update as to whether we have a Rusty Shackleford/Rusty Snackeford combo tonight, she can skip the rest, yes.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Not going to lie, I've been enjoying the no namereading at the end of streams recently. This is the longest streak we've had of them being absent yet, and it just feels more natural without the 5 minutes of padding at the end of streams and needing to read the hundreds of names at the end of each and every stream due to her big incline. This is hopium but I kinda hope she continues on without it.
(Hope karaoke returns though, that's always nice.)
But...she's pretty good at pronouncing my name, though...

Seriously though, now that she has so many more viewers it's pretty much just not feasible anymore.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Pippa briefly talked about feeling weird laughing at children and the mentally disabled on-stream, and that 'she's trying to be better'/self-reflect. I know I'm absolutely overthinking this and it probably isn't how she meant it, but this feels somewhat weird to hear from someone who is a self-proclaimed Jim Metokur superfan, the guy whos' entire motto and modus operandi being to laugh at absolutely everything and everyone.
The timestamp to her talking about this on archivebro's VOD archive is here, at approximately 0:10:58 to 0:12:02.
Pippa said:
But basically I just wanted to watch people act crazy, chat. (...) I wanted to put on, like, cringe videos, right? But then I was like 'I don't want to laugh at cringe, right? I don't wanna... I'm trying to get better, chat. I'm trying to be more... 'kind.' I feel like laughing at cringe is not very 'kind.' Because a lot of it is, like, people with mental disabilities, right? A lot of cringe stuff is, like, people with mental disabilities, or, like, children. And it feels kinda weird. I don't really like the culture of picking on, like, literal children, y'know? I used to, I used to... but the older I get, the more... bad I feel, and the more... I don't know. It's just... they're children. 'Yawn?' I'M SORRY! I'M HAVING A MOMENT OF REFLECTION, OKAY?!
Now that I've had some more time to think, I'd like to elaborate on my feelings here just a little more. The kind of mindset she seems to be falling into, that of feeling bad for laughing at certain things not deemed 'acceptable' and wanting to 'be better' or 'self-reflect', is a very slippery slope that eventually leads to accidentally becoming condescending / virtue-signaling to her audience. And considering the heavy association/audience overlap and inspiration she's funneled up to now from people specifically like Mister Metokur, whos' entire motto and modus operandi was to laugh at everything and everyone, no exceptions, that kind of thing is guaranteed to not go over well. Thankfully, as documented here, within 20 minutes of the stream kicking off she completely disregarded what she was saying and still had a great time doing pseudo lolcow deepdives on entertaining schizos, so it ended up essentially being moot lipservice and nothing came from it, but still - I hope and have faith that it wasn't some kind of dark omen of things to come. Being able and willing to laugh at everything on the Internet is a very important trait to have, and if she were to actually begin noticeably backtracking on an essential aspect of character like that in her content, especially at this point, it would be a recipe for people to begin perceiving betrayal and disappointment. Yes, this is big overthinking, but I feel it's important to be said anyways.

I missed all but the last part of the stream so idk what she said specifically, but she's talked about this before in the past few months, about seeing herself as a bad person and making an effort to change, or at least wanting to change, those habits she doesn't like. I think laughing at uncomfortable or painful things is a coping mechanism, mostly, so I think it can still occur without necessarily malice or contempt.

Pippa, iirc, has said she thinks she could be a lolcow if she wasn't as self-aware - or maybe I am mixing up my memories and it was someone else who said that, but she's expressed enough negativity about her own behavior that it would make sense if she feels that way. I think that kind of awareness of your own faults is bound to engender a level of sympathy/empathy for other people who are considered to be fuck ups in some way or another. Maybe all of us, even the most stupid and retarded, are deserving of compassion underneath all of our mistakes and sins. Maybe that's why she cares so much about the capippalists, even the really off-the-deep-end ones.

Edit: humility is the word I was looking for. Pippa has humility. She plays up her ego at times for comedy, but her ability to be humble is one of her strongest virtues. Sometimes I think she goes too far into being mean to herself, or having unreasonable standards for herself.
If Pippa ever sees this, I'd like to say to her that having an 'edgy' sense of humor is not a bad thing whatsoever, nor is having zero filter when it comes to what you find funny. Sense of humor has literally zero indication on whether or not you are a 'good person' or your 'maturity level', regardless of what Twitter or Reddit may try and guilt you into believing, & laughing at children and the mentally ill is perfectly fine - it's what Jim did constantly in his prime, with things like his Tumblrisms series being a prime example of this. Trying to alter this specific aspect of yourself in an attempt to fit an arbitrary definition of what defines a 'good person' is an unhealthy mindset to have. You may have flaws, and by all means you should continue attempting to self-improve, but finding 'taboo' things like mentally ill disabled retards funny is not one of them, nor should you try and force change this specific part of yourself if you truly do still find things funny deep down. Don't self-guilt over humor, and don't feel bad for laughing at things.

lvl8

Kids and mentally ill people should not be exempt from mockery. Laughing at their dumb shit is a good way of telling them to stop that shit without getting physical with them or pampering them.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Getting laughed at is essential for childrens development. Its what drives toddlers to stop shoving stuff in various orifices, kids to stop picking nose or biting nails, teenagers to properly dress and groom themselves, and young adults to stop watching vtubers.

RhoasJonas

Capippalist
Getting laughed at is essential for childrens development. Its what drives toddlers to stop shoving stuff in various orifices, kids to stop picking nose or biting nails, teenagers to properly dress and groom themselves, and young adults to stop watching vtubers.
Early and often.
early-and-often-sam-hyde.gif

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
Pippa briefly talked about feeling weird laughing at children and the mentally disabled on-stream, and that 'she's trying to be better'/self-reflect. I know I'm absolutely overthinking this and it probably isn't how she meant it, but this feels somewhat weird to hear from someone who is a self-proclaimed Jim Metokur superfan, the guy whos' entire motto and modus operandi being to laugh at absolutely everything and everyone.
She's going Habermann on us.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
She's going Habermann on us.
I will not lie, that was unironically one of the first things that popped into my mind when I heard her say that - a lesser form of trolls' remorse. But I'm hesitating to really jump on that train unless she actually, God-forbid, starts going all in on disavowing jokes.

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
Pippa isn't Mister Metokur. She doesn't have to be him or be his successor or whatever, and I think she would reject that title even if all of his fans declared her to be so.

I think it's okay and healthy to laugh at people (including children and those with some mental problems) being stupid or wacked out. I think laughter is a response we have to things that are difficult to understand or cope with. I also think its possible to laugh at someone doing something stupid, and to feel sympathy for them or feel bad for them. You don't have to be a sociopath and you don't have to be a woke retard.

Maybe it's because I am largely a foreigner to the homeland and did not grow up on Metokur other than a few videos here and there after IBS, and I didn't even know about Pippa until she had already been streaming with PC for months, so maybe my perspective is not important, but I do not see it as a betrayal for her to care about the feelings of others as she laughs at their stupid shit, or to be trying to seek a balance between amusement and compassion in any given situation. IDK Maybe I just didn't get bullied enough as a kid either.

You mentioned twitter and reddit - both of those delight in laughing at and mocking anyone they consider (rightfully or wrongfully) to be dumb. Maybe the question connects with trying to decide if you're smart enough to be mocking the right things, and reddit/twitter are largely incapable of asking that question of themselves.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Maybe it's because I am largely a foreigner to the homeland and did not grow up on Metokur other than a few videos here and there after IBS, and I didn't even know about Pippa until she had already been streaming with PC for months, so maybe my perspective is not important, but I do not see it as a betrayal for her to care about the feelings of others as she laughs at their stupid shit, or to be trying to seek a balance between amusement and compassion in any given situation. IDK Maybe I just didn't get bullied enough as a kid either.
I think Pippa self-deprecates a lot, leading to her seeing herself in a bad light. Calling herself a bad person and literally exploding in tears and calling herself a fuckup that one time. I dont see it as betrayal to me, in the end if pippa just stops being interesting to her im dropping no hard feelings. What i see is that effort to try and correct herself to be "better" in detriment to herself and her health mental and physical. It doesnt take a genius to figure out shes clinically depressed.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I'm gonna be blunt: I think Pippa is genuinely too autistic to be able to stop herself from laughing at things that are socially unacceptable to laugh at. Sure, when she's pulling up videos of retarded people doing stupid shit in public she knows what she's doing, but the off-the-cuff comments and tangents that made me like her in the first place are the product of her mentally disregarding the "I probably shouldn't talk about this" filter most people have between a thought entering their mind and leaving their mouth.

I wouldn't be surprised if the spiel about not wanting to bully kids etc. was that in action too, we know she's incredibly self-conscious so it's probably an intrusive thought that again made it past the filter. I'd put it in the same category as the "hey I could kill myself on stream and people would make memes about it" thing from last year.

Autism is a superpower, it protects you from selling out.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
More horror games tonight.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I will not lie, that was unironically one of the first things that popped into my mind when I heard her say that - a lesser form of trolls' remorse. But I'm hesitating to really jump on that train unless she actually, God-forbid, starts going all in on disavowing jokes.
I refuse to believe she'd go Habermann, I think she's just being paranoid and neurotic, but she'll forget about it eventually like she did five minutes into last night's stream.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
And now Pippa is bragging about how she could bully people. :smugpipi:

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
She said happy birthday to the Kiwi's I can't bros!

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
She noticed.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Great going @thhrang, Pippa is a dead woman now if someone finds this.
:smugpipi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom