"I remember I had to make a speech about Babylon, and I kept pronouncing it 'baby-lonia, baby-lonia' in front of the whole class, and nobody stopped me until after I'd finished"IRyS

[Live] PIPPAPOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
DOOR JUMPSCARE, AH!

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
It felt like I was awake, couldn't move, and someone was in the room, then it would feel like you were being grabbed and you'd wake up freaking out. The first time it happened I thought I was actually being robbed and the people in the room either didn't see me under the sheets or thought I was asleep, then when that grabbing sensation happened I thought it was because I moved too much and they noticed so I was about to fight. It's far less frightening when you know what to expect.
That's almost exactly what it was like when it happened to me for the first time.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I've literally never had any of these unfortunate sleep happenings occur to me so I'm counting my blessings.

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Many times, I have fallen in dreams and just jolted awake out of breath. Hate that shit.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
That's almost exactly what it was like when it happened to me for the first time.
Seems to be the norm for people who experience it. Supposedly it has to do with parts of you waking up before others so you get sensory input in a weird way that raises your anxiety and the grabbing sensation is the rest of you waking up and you snapping to your senses. After a while I just knew what to expect so it wasn't as frightening but I'd still get that grabbing jolt, I just wouldn't be freaking out.

I've literally never had any of these unfortunate sleep happenings occur to me so I'm counting my blessings.
It's actually kind of fun when you realize it wasn't actually a thing, it's like a horror movie thrill.

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)
Pippa dreams the inception movie...

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
I had that happen a few times, living lives in fantasy worlds and shit. Happened less and less as I got older :pippasadl:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
"Have you ever dreamt of having a family and you love them, and then you wake up and have an existential crisis?"
Quick, someone make the obvious carton joke.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
"Have you ever dreamt of having a family and you love them, and then you wake up and have an existential crisis?"
Quick, someone make the obvious carton joke.
I can fix all of those issues for her meat form.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Seems to be the norm for people who experience it. Supposedly it has to do with parts of you waking up before others so you get sensory input in a weird way that raises your anxiety and the grabbing sensation is the rest of you waking up and you snapping to your senses. After a while I just knew what to expect so it wasn't as frightening but I'd still get that grabbing jolt, I just wouldn't be freaking out.
It's pretty scary the first time it happens. When it's like someone is in your room and you can't move, it feels like you're going to die.

DogBone

Many times, I have fallen in dreams and just jolted awake out of breath. Hate that shit.
I would have moments where I would be on the cusp of falling asleep, and I'd begin to dream/hallucinate. I would trip or fall in the dream, and I'd feel a huge adrenaline spike that'd have me shoot up awake.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
You guys ever have dreams where like you're another person and you have like a family and you love them and you have a life and everything and then you wake up and you have a bit of an existential crisis?

This is awfully deep and pensive for Sister Rabbit-

There's like a Rick and Morty episode like that..

Never mind.

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)
I can fix all of those issues for her meat form.
Pretty sure she would get scared, grab her rifle, the rest is as the founding fathers intended...

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
It's pretty scary the first time it happens. When it's like someone is in your room and you can't move, it feels like you're going to die.
For sure, the first time I was freaking the fuck out after. What's funny is in college someone told me they were asleep in the basement room, heard something like that and thought that either a roommate was upstairs or they were having sleep paralysis, so they went back to sleep. When they woke up the house was robbed including their room.

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Pussy can't even swallow a pill dry

DogBone

You guys ever have dreams where like you're another person and you have like a family and you love them and you have a life and everything and then you wake up and you have a bit of an existential crisis?

This is awfully deep and pensive for Sister Rabbit-

There's like a Rick and Morty episode like that..

Never mind.
A real patrician would say that it's like that episode of Star Trek where Picard has a dream because of a satellite where he's another man, has a family, and dies because his planet's star blew up or something.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
This is much better animated than I thought this cartoon was.
This is pre-Cal Arts.
I'm suddenly reminded of that image of an account from famous animator and director Richard Williams who was absolutely shocked at how modern art schools turned into giant circle jerks where the students didn't develop skills but instead created low effort pieces all about themselves, and how absolutely no one in any western university has the skill or even knowledge to teach what previous generations of artists and animators did.
And that experience was many years ago. Art is fucked.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
A real patrician would say that it's like that episode of Star Trek where Picard has a dream because of a satellite where he's another man, has a family, and dies because his planet's star blew up or something.
The Inner Light

formerly pipkin (Parody)

Whores? :smugpipi:

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I'm suddenly reminded of that image of an account from famous animator and director Richard Williams who was absolutely shocked at how modern art schools turned into giant circle jerks where the students didn't develop skills but instead created low effort pieces all about themselves, and how absolutely no one in any western university has the skill or even knowledge to teach what previous generations of artists and animators did.
And that experience was many years ago. Art is fucked.
It's why anime and manga are dominating media, their artists found easy and efficient ways to make quantity without as much loss to quality. Western media seems to either be super low effort Cal-Arts or excessive detail to the point that it's not functional for producing something outside of individual pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom