"I don't want to be a dog, but when I talk I sound like an animal"Enna Alouette (speaking Mandarin)

[Live] PIPPAPOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRage

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
She's had the go ahead for a while now that if she wanted to shift to twitch for streams and turn her YT into a archive/highlight channel she could right? Once your her size if you really wanna grow you would drop YouTube live for twitch considering twitch has a better per game discovery, not even taking into account the chances of her ending up on the front page, what is effectively the holy grail of twitch advertising, and the osrs devs very often link streams and the like cause they watch the game as much as they work on it. During the osrs stream, at pretty much all points she would have been top of the directory, a directory that plenty of people hop onto even if the person they wanna watch is not on cause of the nature of the game. Along side the fact that if she just paid an editor to make stream highlights and comps for YT like others, she'd probably do better numbers wise on both ends. Its just odd to me that she's adamant about her knowledge of analytics, but is still choosing the middleground between two better options. Might be because she wants twitch to stay comfy or anything else, but unless she mostly stuck to watchalongs and random low pop games thats gonna go away too as the twitch crowd finds her.
Nah she's established enough on YouTube and has consistent enough noombers and watch time that her stuff gets spoonfed to people in recommendations, which is more valuable than per-game interest on Twitch since a lot of her streams aren't gameplay-related in the first place. Speaking strictly numbers-wise a not-insignificant portion of the watch time almost definitely comes from the live viewers in the moment rather than on-demand viewers, so moving "bigger" streams over to Twitch would cripple the overall channel performance, even if there are vod or highlight uploads posted in their place. It's not really worth gambling that, since the current system of higher-profile streams on YouTube and other shit on Twitch seems to work for her.

On a less objective, more speculative note, I can't see the kind of audience that "get" Pippa being the type of people who'd just lurk on Twitch looking for things to watch, Twitch has a much more zoomer-infested culture. I'm sure she'd get better audience retention from people who've been recommended her stream through YouTube's recommendations than Twitch's category system, which is a factor I feel like a lot of people don't give enough thought to when it comes to channel growth. Getting ten new viewers in a night who stick around for an hour is ultimately better for a streamer's performance on either platform than a hundred new viewers who clicked on the stream because they're playing a new release, didn't immediately hear a meme on TTS or see a Subway Surfers PiP, and closed the tab because their ADHD zoomoid brain got bored. I don't deny there's plenty of success stories one could point to on Twitch, but knowing your potential audience and where they're likely to be is important too. You need to go to them as much as recommendation algorithms need to bring them to you.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Cute art to hold us over to tomorrow

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)
She's adenTORAble.
sigh
jewish_tricks.jpg

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
Aside from that, fester your hatred of the unhumans that are the ruiners. Fester that hatred, prepare your skills, for the day of reckoning will come, and the enemies of humanity will have judgement delivered upon them, and humanity will see a new golden age.
This is probably the kind of thing David Berkowitz heard his dog whispering to him.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Topo Chico

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
I didn’t notice her “hairussy” until it was pointed out by Shiina and Lumi :pippasadl:

It's posted on /pcg/ a fair bit, but I understand if you don't go there.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Awoogers

I didn’t notice her “hairussy” until it was pointed out by Shiina and Lumi :pippasadl:

And as dizzy said and I quote:fucking white people

Topo Chico

Awoogers

diethylether

bird molecule

Awoogers

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
I'm not a member so I can't confirm, but this could be interesting news for Yabcast.
brave_LitVAGmO0B.png

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Surely that means they are allowed to record at least some of their panels. Hopefully that includes Yabcast. I saw a stream earlier of a Rie/Wemi panel in pretty good quality, so I'm expecting one of Yabcast even if they don't end up recording it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom