"Can you stop gagging? I think some inmates would love to hear that, but not me"Zea Cornelia

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

Archive

According to the OP, it's in Pompei. Sometimes, the universe hands us moments like these on a silver platter.
,:RaoraMAMAMIA:

Cool. I'll go to Italy and start a tuna-fish sandwich restaurant called "CUNT".

Anime Fan

Shiina's going to be playing a hospital management simulator in about five minutes.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
As a completely impartial observer, I suggest @The Proctor continues to encourage the Reticule.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
If she was some big web novel writer, couldn't she have a niche of being a vtuber author? Streams where she discusses writing? Has fans throw retarded ideas (ex. My Computer Turned Into An Evil Overlord Who Wants To Kill Humanity Because of my Search History) at her and she has to come up with short little stories and doodles on the spot for them? Talks about her new releases? Wasted.
She did it, twice, did not bring numbers, gave up

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

bothyourhouses

i dont really get why a lot of people here love looking down on agencies who spend money to try and make something cool for their talents. Its almost as if these small corpos should remain small until they close shop or if they get a lucky break with 1 talent catching the algorythm anttention.
Just throwing a lot of money into a 3D concert isn't cool or original though. If it's a vanity project for the talents then fair enough, but you can't expect to actually attract an audience that way.
The LGBTQ twittertards really aren't sending their best.
Horrifyingly, this is their best.
I think it would be more fair for everyone if the clips would be picked from the tag instead, that way you could at least try to fish clips from talents that get barely featured.
Anything that reduces the amount of Twitter in vtubing is a good thing. A discord thread is easier to directly moderate and attracts a marginally less awful community.
How many corpos are sustainable?
Holo is, but had to do IPO for investments.
Niji is kinda sustainable still, but at what cost?
Phase seems to be sustainable, at a moment
(VSPO maybe earning it's keep, but i'm not familiar with JP landscape)
Vshojo - questionable, not much is known beside their <50% cut which doesnt sound sustainable.
Literally everyone else is pure money sink. Lucky ones got to suck Brave's fund tit.
You're forgetting VAllure. The oldest profession is the most sustainable.
Smaller corpos are solely relying on donothons to make money nowadays. Its just a shit business plan. I cant recall anything Eien has done that makes them stand out even a little. They had some amazing talents and they just stood here doing absolutely nothing to support them.
To be fair, how much can they do? Not everyone can come up with something clever and original, corps should be doing advertising and sponsorships but there's a limit to how much you can create success. The market is crowded and everyone's running the same playbook.
keep in mind that Cover went public more than a year ago, why would that affect them now of all times?
It takes time for changes to filter through. We've already seen Yagoo reducing his involvement and the China thing as someone said.
keep in mind that ALL companies want to get where Holo is atm, so any corpo you support will someday either implode or get to this point.
Everyone wants to be as big as them, that makes it all the more important to send the right message if you don't like the changes they're making. Time was when Activ8 was the company everyone wanted to be, but they became unpopular enough that other companies won't imitate them directly.
Probably didn't want to show the talents up by being better at video games than they are.
You think turret boy is that socially aware?
Sony is still trying to make the vtubing thing work
Probably finally got the hanko'd permission form faxed over from when someone requested to do an EN debut 3 years ago.

RiverBear

Nijisanji's Kenmochi Toya isnt a singer yet he got a Sololive of basically doing Japanese jokes that sold out immediately

Noel can get a Sololive, the question is what her niche is

Also

What stream is this? Apparently Aqua went into more detail on the difference of direction between her and Cover this dude is too gay not to allow rrats to breed by basically just vagueposting

Oh it's just her current Free Talk stream

Not sure if true, but I literally have nothing else

Apparently Aqua confirmed that her reason for leaving Holo is that she is too autistic to be in a corporate setting

View attachment 76173
It took her 6 years when we knew that already from day 1. Sasuga cosplayer maid

View attachment 76174

1000472195.jpg

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
@Shuba Saber did a great write-up of this stream in her thread and anyone who cares should read.

Aqua was doing a free chat stream earlier today. She talked about quite a lot, including a bit about the creative differences that eventually got her to make her decision. She banned any clips of that part specifically because she didn't want anything out of context (good thing considering what just happened with Lamy.)

I should say, take this with a grain of salt, maybe wait till a better translator than my basic ass puts something out. This is basically what I could follow + stuff from the Aqua discord. It's a little out of order chronologically but more cohesive topic-wise.
  • During the time leading up to her announcement stream and a bit afterwards, her thoughts were kind of a mess. Things have also been busy with getting ready for the live, all the collabs, etc. She wanted to collect herself before talking about it like this.
  • She also wanted to talk a little more about it to ease her own mind and stop any rumors from going out of hand.
  • There are things that have to be done within a company as well as stuff that can't be done on your own time. Deadlines etc. This sort of thing is natural but it got really tough for her to keep doing.
  • Streaming was really fun for her, as well as doing all kinds of events and stuff. At the end of the day though, it is still work and there are things that have to get done.
  • She already said it before but it's not cause Holo did anything wrong or is a bad company. We're all human so of course there were disagreements. It'd be blissfully ignorant to pretend there were no issues. There are certain things she cherishes after all so it just couldn't be helped.
  • Ultimately, it came down to differences in direction and thought process. She was worried by how heavy the choice was. She gave it a ton of thought, talked it over with a bunch of people and reconsidered the situation a bunch of times.
  • If she wanted to get more popular, make more money and do even more events and stuff like that, then she fully believes Holo would be the best environment to do it in. The support system in there is great enough that she could still do things like that 6 years into her career.
  • With this environment though, there was stuff that was just really hard for her. So she made the decision to graduate, in order to live her own life.
  • It was not for something like game perms or Cover becoming more of an idol company. Even back when Cover had more freedom and wasn't really an idol company, her dream was always to be an idol. That has never changed in all these years.
  • She knows it's tough maintaining that image but she's done her best to keep it all this time and she feels proud of that. She wants to be remembered as an idol even after she's gone.
  • Again, she has no bad feelings or resentment for Hololive. It was an important place that allowed her to grow so much, she wanted to emphasize this so there are no misunderstandings.
  • A lot of people discovered her and she was able to have so many experiences that wouldn't have been possible without Hololive. We might not have been able to meet her otherwise, so the fact that it happened made her happy enough to cry.
  • She's also been able to meet so many friends in the Holo members. There are already plans for them to hang out post-graduation. It kinda made her feel like she was able to make friends for life here and that made her even more grateful for everything.
  • Overall, she's just glad to have had this time in the company. These past 6 years have been a truly valuable experience for her. Even though there were really painful parts, she's confident that she can hold her head high and say she lived her life to the fullest.
  • Mentioned that chuuni statement she made a while ago about fighting a "big power" for her justice and stuff (there should be a clip of it in the thread iirc), but that had nothing to do with the graduation at all. Of course, people would make that connection but it was just bad timing on her part. She apologized for getting us worried with that misunderstanding. That's why she wanted no clips for this part.
  • Talked a bit about how easy it is for streamers to get misunderstood. She's also admittedly bad at using her words and saying what she means. Even her mom told her as such (I think it was her actual mom but considering the context, it could have been Marine too).
  • Management will make the announcement about her VOD archives
  • She wants to read superchats but won't for various reasons. Like there are way too many of them and she also doesn't want to read any of the weird ones accidentally.
  • The stuff she can't say won't cause her trouble, but would cause trouble for other people.
  • She made this decision believing it wouldn't be a betrayal to her fans. She had nightmares of people saying that to her and it caused some worry, but she wants to keep going on this path with confidence in herself as an idol.
  • Most important of all, don't forget her. She'd be happy if you thought of her at random times. Like when you see pink/blue colors, a maid in media or while you're playing a visual novel.
  • She believes people don't truly die unless they're forgotten, so please remember her as the years go by.
  • A cover coming out tomorrow, there may be 1 more as well.
  • 2 more chatting streams planned, one will be members-only.
  • Rehearsal for her live as well as 2 collabs tomorrow, one with Polka and then another with Sora, Anya, Watame
  • The schedule has been a bit tough for both her and us but wants to do as much as she can this summer. Even wondered if she could redo August cause there's not enough time.
There was some other stuff, like how she almost said some important company stuff during the hot mic moment with Shion, the stream ideas Pekora put out for her, how funny it was for the 44.5 clip to get so big and how we should be excited for the graduation live.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Just throwing a lot of money into a 3D concert isn't cool or original though. If it's a vanity project for the talents then fair enough, but you can't expect to actually attract an audience that way.

Horrifyingly, this is their best.

Anything that reduces the amount of Twitter in vtubing is a good thing. A discord thread is easier to directly moderate and attracts a marginally less awful community.

You're forgetting VAllure. The oldest profession is the most sustainable.

To be fair, how much can they do? Not everyone can come up with something clever and original, corps should be doing advertising and sponsorships but there's a limit to how much you can create success. The market is crowded and everyone's running the same playbook.

It takes time for changes to filter through. We've already seen Yagoo reducing his involvement and the China thing as someone said.

Everyone wants to be as big as them, that makes it all the more important to send the right message if you don't like the changes they're making. Time was when Activ8 was the company everyone wanted to be, but they became unpopular enough that other companies won't imitate them directly.

You think turret boy is that socially aware?

Probably finally got the hanko'd permission form faxed over from when someone requested to do an EN debut 3 years ago.
Finally
1724106592854.png
Azehara 2

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I thank you all for acknowledging that meat Pippa and I will be married in holy meatrimony one day. We'll be a real power couple.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Throwing a vtuber concert at an aircraft carrier in partnership with the biggest vtuber dedicated convention in America isnt cool and original. Yeah i'll just ignore your opinions from now on.

Smelliest007

Not-Username

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I thank you all for acknowledging that meat Pippa and I will be married in holy meatrimony one day. We'll be a real power couple.
Can you please be sold out to Brave Group so it will be easy to send you out of this place demon?:laplusgun:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Please Riku, buy Reticule, that he may know and experience living misery and abandon few have ever felt.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

closedblas

Massive arrogance: she was a big writer of web novels in china and was to used to make bank,
Big like selling novel IPs to television networks or big like getting partnered on goddam JJWXC?

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Arya is live.

Hopefully the server will work this time.

Top Bottom