"TEACH ME ENGLISH F*CK BOY!!"Haachama

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Ballpark_Look

Nova wrote a Twitter thread about climbing out of the 10 ccv hole many indies get stuck at.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
I'm enjoying this parade of internet japanese men pretending not to know what Tenga is and what they sell.
its like looking at cavemen discover fire for the first time its hilarious

Aviel

Void Scribas

I just realised that "idol Weekly" hasn't been updated since March. C'mon Aviel, you're not being particularly transparent with us right now :smugpipi:

In fact, Aviel twitter hasn't been active since May. The rest of the girls are clearly doing stuff, so I wonder what gives? Perhaps he realized that forcing himself as a meme CEO like Sakana and Yagoo wasn't working and was, in fact, annoying. Same with the virtue signaling of Idol being a transparent agency, it has been months since they had pushed that message.

Personal rrat, with that deal with Brave, possibly some executives told him to stop with that faggotry to make him focus on just being efficient. Globie and V4Mirai eventually will eat Idol.

having a lot of 3 views qualified for me. They used to rely soly on
🅱️
in
🅱️
enrose. But now Coni, Roca, Fuyo, Poko & Kai is doing really well. They really struck gold? silver? bronze? with gen 2. They lost some menheras, but they also gained some stable vtubers who should continue to gain viewership as time goes.
They are in danger of exploding after the brave move and everyone started being active on their PL, but that was months ago and nothing has changed yet.
I can not tell the future whether their vtubers will leave on-mass after contract runs out or can Aviel convince them to stay with the new totally transparent internet-lawyer-revised contracts.
But as of this moment/for the last 6 months, they are doing well.

The offcollab vacation in America really helped Gen 2 in wanting to continue being in Idol for a little while, despite all the setbacks like Roca losing her luggage and breaking her leg. It was a good loyalty reinforcement. With Fuyo and Rin going back to stream and the IdolES girls being active, things at least look stable.

-----------------------------------------------------
Tomomi once again being based

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
7. Everyone else are considered "micro" (a.k.a very very small) corpos with very low viewership, there are hundreds of these, V&U is one, these micro corpos usually died off after 3 years as they fail to penetrate the market and shitty leadership also usually follows with internal drama.
I'd only qualify this with some honorable mentions, since there are a few noteworthy ones in the small corpo category before you get to "literally who" tier (in no particular order, they are all generally in low 3 view, high 2 view territory):
  1. Production Kawaii - The only other small corpo still standing from the era of Phase's founding. Leans heavily into the "idol" aspect of VTubing, with a small, but dedicated fanbase. The most unicorn-friendly corpo in this weight class, with all that implies. Quite a bit of lore with this one, a few doxx incidents, and they took a major blow when their Gen 3 walked out on them to form V-Dere. They had a lackluster gen with Hanamizuki but seem to be doing well so far with Ephemira.
  2. V-Dere. The corpo that Gen 3 of kawaii (sans Oceane) made when they jumped ship. They've been doing OK, though for a while they didn't seem to do much as a group, since they had initially planned to go their separate ways IIRC. Best known here for being the home of a certain brown woman. Recently opened Gen 2 auditions.
  3. V&U - Korean corpo with a bunch of talents that cover different niches, so it's hard to generalize. Used to be more KR-oriented, but they took on a lot of non-KR hires as they accelerated. They have a bunch of new girls who are doing relatively well, but their numbers frankly seem botted as hell, especially after their acceleration. Things don't seem to be going that well behind the scenes though, since @Bronze , myself and some other guys at the VRev implosion thread found some vent alts that are most likely the accounts of some of the girls in there. Speaking of VRev...
  4. VReverie - Started out as one of the most promising in this space, with a great stable of talents. Now a hollow shell of itself. Had practically every talent but Nova walk out on them last year. They then proceeded to debut their Gen 3 on the day V4Mirai debuted their new gen, getting only a fraction of the numbers. Management has been AWOL for a while now. Utter collapse seems to have been averted, but it's just a matter of time. See the VRev Implosion Watch thread for more.
  5. Brave Group - Aside from the partnership with Idol, they've made a big push into the EN sphere in the past year:
    • V4Mirai - The NA branch leading the charge into EN. Best known now for being the previous home of a current HoloEN. Took on some really good talents, but since their Gen 2 Petalight debuted late last year, and especially after Gen 3 Lunalia, they've increasingly carved themselves out as the GFE ASMR company. It seems to work though since they've got solid growth and numbers, sometimes going into high 3 view
    • Globie - The EU branch, though they've also taken in a few non-Euros. Variety stream focus, though they are unfortunately overlooked because of males. They don't seem to be taking the Niji approach though, and haven't attracted the fujos. Some of the dudes seem alright, but it's the girls who carry the company, and they've got some good ones.
    • VSPO! EN - The gaming-oriented foray into EN. They just debuted so it's too early to say anything.
  6. PixelLink - US VTuber corpo. CGDCT and they do it well. Recently gained a lot of traction with their Gen 2 and the VSMP Minecraft server, but previously showed up on the radar when Pippa raided Lottie's debut last year. Steady growth, and honestly my pick for a corpo in this class (outside of Brave) with potential staying power.
  7. EIEN Project - Made a splash last year around the time IdolEN still had new car smell. They had a few issues with their Gen 1 talents (see: the infamous gaming chair incident), but the big troublemakers have since graduated, with one of them founding VAllure to have her own VTuber company with blackjack and hookers. There was a point where it seemed they would go under, but they seem to have stabilized with their Gen 2.
  8. VAllure - The whore corpo. Other than that, it's premature to really say anything. At the very least, they haven't fallen apart, which is notable considering the concept.
  9. Specialite - Don't know enough about them to say anything really (I've only watched a couple of Victoria Valerie streams), other than their concept of being a mixed EN/JP company, managed by REALITY Studios Inc. Only knew of them thanks to some sponsored debut watchalongs last year. Still included them since on paper they seem to be in the same weight class as the other corpos above.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Personal rrat, with that deal with Brave, possibly some executives told him to stop with that faggotry to make him focus on just being efficient.
Brave Group... good?

Jack Sneed

Retarded Lurker (extra autism edition)
Interesting and Ominous Loombi stream soon?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
A question about Idol.

Have they actually actually considered debuting 3D models and performing on stage like what many expect an idol to do? I'm curious why they named themselves Idol otherwise.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
A question about Idol.

Have they actually actually considered debuting 3D models and performing on stage like what many expect an idol to do? I'm curious why they named themselves Idol otherwise.
Because Hololive are the biggest game in town, and they popularised the 2D streamer/idol thing, so aping them for name recognition was the thing to do.

See also the since deceased Malaysian My Holo TV.

Nenélove

God of Stereotypes
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
A question about Idol.

They have never been idols lol, that name is just a fucking buzzword people (specially western normies and casuals) in this retarded industry throw around to say things are "good" "bad" "different" "japanese" "abusive" "restrictive" "traditional" or "Holo-like" to make random points and statements about what they like or dislike. It's this general vague sense of "japanese-ness" and "restrictiveness" that ends up being totally down to personal preferences and opinions, some people totally blow it out of proportion and others try to downplay it.

Nobody knows what it means and any two people will disagree on what agency is idolshit and which isn't and to which degree and what that is even supposed to imply. Niji gets called "idol company" even though they... literally pioneered the "just normal streamers" meta back in the day. The whole industry and medium of vtubers get routinely labeled as "like idols" even though most vtubers don't do any idol related activities, mostly again, by people who know JACK SHIT about the industry and its history.

In general this whole thing is a symptom of a much wider problem in this industry: Reductive narratives. EVERYONE in this fucking industry likes disregarding entire sections of it like they don't exist. "Oh vtubers are people who do yabai shit in their streams and they are all degenerates!" "Oh vtubers are a bunch of idol wannabes who all sing and dance for the benefit of corrupt corpos!", "Oh vtubers are regular ol' streamers with dumb anime avatars pretending!" like, all of these things exist simultaneously, even within the extremes like Holo and Vshojo, we don't need to boil it down to one fucking thing. That's why I get kinda pissed when people explain the industry as "just idols" or "just regular streamers", there's a lot more nuance to be had.

Aviel simply picked that name because he came in during the "Copy Hololive" era of small corpos and he probably wanted to capitalize on whatever limited understanding of their appeal he had.

Last edited:

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Stunned But Dumb

Nenélove

God of Stereotypes
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Screenshot_20240716_134636_Brave.jpg
AVIEL NEW
I forgive you for your meltdowns for making me laugh this hard Proctor

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Has anyone shared this?

Jurard planning to talk about something important. I wonder if he is going to talk about the rant he did on his member stream.

Jack Sneed

Retarded Lurker (extra autism edition)
As of writing, she's like 45 minutes late
Changed the stream title too looks like, used to be "I've been Kaneko Lumi for three years..." Or something along those lines. Eyebrow raising for me at first since I wasn't tracking her anniversary coming up lol

E: changed start time to now, starting soon screen's up

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
V-Dere. Best known here for being the home of a certain brown woman.
handprint on da booba.jpg
Not exactly brown, but brown enough :MozumiPichi:

Also, learning about Tenga for the first time today was interesting. I can't help but feel like there was a missed opportunity to give a certain "type" of product the KSON branding :shiinastare:

VSoyBoy

View attachment 73778
Not exactly brown, but brown enough :MozumiPichi:

Also, learning about Tenga for the first time today was interesting. I can't help but feel like there was a missed opportunity to give a certain "type" of product the KSON branding :shiinastare:
Your current profile picture is like a fucking flashbang compared to the usual.

Top Bottom