"I always feel the universe between my legs"Minase Rio

Connect the World: Hololive English 1st Concert

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Last concert thought: Gura really needs another 3d outfit - she actually has some moves but you can't fucking tell because she's wearing a blue potato sack all the time. The contrast between her base outfit and the idol outfit is obnoxious.
Or just have them use their Idol outfits, why where they in normal outfits at all?

USS IOWA

Alchemyth

Or just have them use their Idol outfits, why where they in normal outfits at all?
Possibly planning for the long term where potential EN events get their own special outfit? Or EN management shitting the bed as usual.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Seeing how Council and Irys debuted, I'm guessing ENSinger then followed closely by new gen.
Honestly this is what I'm hoping for.

Just had a thought, though. We see Calli as dorky, but the JP fans see her as cool. And she's popular. And the teaser seems to be in her style. What if Cover decided to make the new EN gen Calli themed? Think of it, a whole generation of rapping wigger reapers!

mismatch

Pretty sure they're only allowed to use the idol outfits for unit/group songs. Because rules.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
If someone has irys performance hit me up, she's the only one I give a fuck about. I just hope is not another vsinger because even as much as I love irys I feel the girl's talents are being wasted or not properly used as the "vsinger" she has like 2 ep's and all of them are fucking eh at best. Calli has been shitting music out like crazy even before she signed with universal and irys is just kinda there. If she decided to be a streamer I can live with it but if cover has been wasting her talents I wish for them to get aids.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
OK Yeah these are extremely not live. Too bad cause pretty sure the Fes ones were. The MCs that is.
Most of the MCs were live and some weren't, it was pretty insanely obvious which were which. (one big hint (besides the acting) is which camera angles were used)
because it was just one voice and one chair maybe another vsinger
Oh yeah, and the throne was kind of like a broken crystalline structure, and IRyS has crystals.
I honestly wonder how she'd feel about having a 'rival', because she's got that 'one and only oshi' ideal, and being forced into a pairing might take away some solo opportunities.

mismatch

Most of the MCs were live and some weren't, it was pretty insanely obvious which were which. (one big hint (besides the acting) is which camera angles were used)

Oh yeah, and the throne was kind of like a broken crystalline structure, and IRyS has crystals.
I honestly wonder how she'd feel about having a 'rival', because she's got that 'one and only oshi' ideal.
Which ones do you think were live? Because every time they had "crowd interaction" there was just a big silence break for cheers followed by the most generic response. Even accounting for japan to US latency it was really bad. Also most of the MC units are on different continents right now.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

I honestly wonder how she'd feel about having a 'rival', because she's got that 'one and only oshi' ideal, and being forced into a pairing might take away some solo opportunities.
I was honestly hoping Irys would get folded into council, specially when she's got her pairing with bae, but it seems cover wants to move forward with project hope.

One thing I saw, project hope has a logo, before they sung their group songs they showed the various group logos, and irys had one for project hope. If we are to believe this teaser is for another member of project hope, well for one the name wouldn't really fit since her theming doesn't look very hopeful and secondly, the logo looked pretty irys-y. Dunno just a thought. Some people have been saying maybe it's only the first of 5 teasers or the first part of a longer teaser but I guess we shall see, it definitely seems like something EN management would cook up though.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I saw someone else pointed this out, but throughout the concert they only either sing their own original songs or other Holomem songs, wonder if there were some restriction on the choice of songs they could use.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Which ones do you think were live? Because every time they had "crowd interaction" there was just a big silence break for cheers followed by the most generic response. Even accounting for japan to US latency it was really bad. Also most of the MC units are on different continents right now.
Kiara Calli, and IRyS Bae for sure, I kinda forgot what the other ones are. SNOT was the most obviously pre-recorded (besides the stilted line-reading and 3 of them most likely not being in Japan right now, pay attention to the camera; it often goes into 'AR-mode' where it can move around the girls in 3d, the live shots never do that).

Edit: And as for the delayed crowd reaction reactions; 1. Ping. 2. They have to act like it's crazy no matter what, they can't just say, 'Oh you guys are pretty quiet and don't sound excited."

akaaoi

Karen's going to "graduate" as Calliope and simultaneously "debut" as DemonDice in Hololive. Got it.
No, no. Calli remains and Demondice joins as well. They both stream for hours a day, never overlapping... until they start doing collabs with each other. Karen then develops whiplash from switching between the 2 phones to keep up the double act.

Prudent Lurker

I saw someone else pointed this out, but throughout the concert they only either sing their own original songs or other Holomem songs, wonder if there were some restriction on the choice of songs they could use.
I've seen people mention that the rights to JP songs also accounts for where the venue location is.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Kiara Calli, and IRyS Bae for sure, I kinda forgot what the other ones are. SNOT was the most obviously pre-recorded (besides the stilted line-reading and 3 of them most likely not being in Japan right now, pay attention to the camera; it often goes into 'AR-mode' where it can move around the girls in 3d, the live shots never do that).

Edit: And as for the delayed crowd reaction reactions; 1. Ping. 2. They have to act like it's crazy no matter what, they can't just say, 'Oh you guys are pretty quiet and don't sound excited."
This is interesting, since Bae is back in Australia (I think?), and based on her last few tweets, Kiara was probably already back in Austria. She said "good morning" when it was 1:45am JST, and was also active at 5am JST. Wonder how they do it live for 2 talents in different location.

mismatch

@superduper
*inhales*

YOU FUCKING WHORE. THE ONLY THING I COULD THINK OF AFTER THAT WAS BAE SAYING SUPERDUPER AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE CELL RECEPTION TO COMPLAIN ON THE SPOT.
This stupid joke is so prevalent here that even though I don't really understand it, and I don't watch the vtuber that it references, it was still the first fucking thing that I thought of when Bae said it. We need to do something about this.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
WHY THE FUCK AM I GETTING MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD????? I DON'T EVEN WATCH HOLOLIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

mismatch

This is interesting, since Bae is back in Australia (I think?), and based on her last few tweets, Kiara was probably already back in Austria. She said "good morning" when it was 1:45am JST, and was also active at 5am JST. Wonder how they do it live for 2 talents in different location.
Yeah. Calli and Kiara hugged in their MC segment, and we know that Calli is in LA and will be till tomorrow at the very least, whereas Kiara was signing the wall in the new Cover studio yesterday and even if she's not in japan still, she would certainly be going home to Austria since she's said this was going to be a short visit so her cats don't get PTSD. So either one of the two of them had a body stand-in in japan or LA, while they did the voice recording live, or that shit was pre-recorded. Same goes for IRyS/Bae.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Top Bottom