"I've lost count of the amount of times I had to sit and listen to the people in charge at my old job [vReverie] talk shit and gossip about my friends like it was high school and then tell me I was the 'easiest to deal with' because I stopped fighting for my passions like 6 months in"Nyanami Ruru

Announcement Containment Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
>Tacodachi [sic] (he is a spic) has a history of his actions leading to him getting banned and trying to internet-tough-guy and laugh it off.
>People run to his defense because he dindu nuffin he exposed them darn peoples with that kiwi discord with a billion and 5 vtuber nsfw channels I heards that from Null!
:educateyourself2:
...Is that you, Wandering Lurker?

No Name

I don't understand this attitude at all.

I pay for this forum.

I run this forum.

I am objectively, in every way imaginable, the one person you should avoid pissing off at all costs.

I cannot think of any other forum owner who would allow somebody to be so egregiously antagonistic towards them as I do. Anyone who thinks Null doesn't do it is a retard. In 99.9% of all communities I have ever been a part of, directly mouthing off to the moderators/owners/etc is an automatically ban-worthy offense.

It is legitimately unfathomable to me why anyone here with even the smallest fraction of knowledge of how to interact with their fellow man would not view my attitude as permissive in the extreme, and berate me for not cracking down far sooner and far more aggressively.
I don't think anyone doesn't understand that it's your forum, it's just that people think your being a massive gay about it.

Anyway, that's enough poking and producing for me, have fun all you spastic retards, I'm off to kill the Lich King!:gurawave:

Saturnus

haha it's unou

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I don't really have much to say beyond what has happened, has happened. I don't feel too strongly either way about Takodachi, I don't care much for his methods but it was easy to look past that that when they produced content. The Bat stuff ended up being funny because getting mad that someone recorded a publicly accessible livestream to the point of seething at them directly (thus encouraging them to distribute it further because of course they will) is lolcow behaviour.

The Discord was a problem waiting to happen and I'm glad it seems like it's being retired now. Discord alone, while an easy scapegoat, isn't the sole problem, but there's a reason why the group chat you're in with the lads from college stays chill but fandom community servers always go to shit. A more casual off-site server contrasts with the more formal, strictly on-topic nature of the forum, which makes everyone with access to the Discord subconsciously feel like they're closer than they are, making them more likely to lower the masks and show the less-favourable parts of their personalities. The more relaxed environment makes the boundaries less obvious, and makes it easier to forget one of the most important unwritten rules of a semi-anonymous forum: we are not friends. We may have mutual respect for one another, but we are here for the purpose of discussing a specific subject, not to get overly chummy and start divulging information about our personal lives, the ugly details of our last breakup, or in this case, how we just epically owned a streamer and made them mad.

As for the forum itself I understand the need for a cleanup but we need to be careful about where the line between an unpopular opinion and a hostile contrarian is drawn. While I've never cared for Short's provocative sympathies toward certain degenerates out there, he did occasionally fire back against commonly-held presumptions, like telling me off for assuming the backlash to Pippa/uwu collabs were from unicorns. I still disagree with him and the post obviously has no tact to it, but I think posts like that should be allowed to exist. A community where everyone handles disagreements with a soft touch eventually becomes a hugbox, since people will fold. Disruptions like this prevent that from happening.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
>Tacodachi [sic] (he is a spic) has a history of his actions leading to him getting banned and trying to internet-tough-guy and laugh it off.
>People run to his defense because he dindu nuffin he exposed them darn peoples with that kiwi discord with a billion and 5 vtuber nsfw channels I heards that from Null!
:educateyourself2:

I must be honest, it's not that I rush to defend Takodachi for his sake, it's to try and salvage what we have (and will lose) if he remains forever banished. For every autistic dimwit we punish, for every little link in that chain that we cut off, we are all permanently diminished in time.

e: except Nolan. To hell with that femboy

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
A more casual off-site server contrasts with the more formal, strictly on-topic nature of the forum, which makes everyone with access to the Discord subconsciously feel like they're closer than they are, making them more likely to lower the masks and show the less-favourable parts of their personalities. The more relaxed environment makes the boundaries less obvious, and makes it easier to forget one of the most important unwritten rules of a semi-anonymous forum: we are not friends. We may have mutual respect for one another, but we are here for the purpose of discussing a specific subject, not to get overly chummy and start divulging information about our personal lives, the ugly details of our last breakup, or in this case, how we just epically owned a streamer and made them mad.
I would like to note none of this happened in the discord, the one time someone did a vent-post it was a mod.

We don't lose anything because he shills 2views and calls people chink Yamanbas (anyone can do this). Go follow him on Twitter to see furry and fat fetish art in his likes.
The forums would be decimated if we went through everyone dumb enough to have a linkable Twitter account and banned them for what was in their likes...

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
I must be honest, it's not that I rush to defend Takodachi for his sake, it's to try and salvage what we have (and will lose) if he remains forever banished. For every autistic dimwit we punish, for every little link in that chain that we cut off, we are all permanently diminished in time.
Even ViolentNugget?

Saturnus

haha it's unou
I don't really have much to say beyond what has happened, has happened. I don't feel too strongly either way about Takodachi, I don't care much for his methods but it was easy to look past that that when they produced content. The Bat stuff ended up being funny because getting mad that someone recorded a publicly accessible livestream to the point of seething at them directly (thus encouraging them to distribute it further because of course they will) is lolcow behaviour.
I don't see how this is lolcow behavior. A vtuber kindly asks to a person she enjoyed to have in her community (up until the ban) to not do that. He knows it will piss her off. He uploads a VOD and publically advertises it here. She gets pissed off, contacts a friend to get his ass and bans him. The rest of her community respected her rules other than him. If I were to hypothetically go into Pippa's chat and shit it up with Piss fetish red-superchats (even though she said she won't tolerate off the wall horny shit anymore) and get banned, do I have a right to complain and call Pippa an autisitic furry for that?
(and will lose)
We don't lose anything because he shills 2views and calls people chink Yamanbas (anyone can do this). Go follow him on Twitter to see furry and fat fetish art in his likes.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

I pay for this forum.

I run this forum.

I am objectively, in every way imaginable, the one person you should avoid pissing off at all costs.

I cannot think of any other forum owner who would allow somebody to be so egregiously antagonistic towards them as I do. Anyone who thinks Null doesn't do it is a retard. In 99.9% of all communities I have ever been a part of, directly mouthing off to the moderators/owners/etc is an automatically ban-worthy offense.

It is legitimately unfathomable to me why anyone here with even the smallest fraction of knowledge of how to interact with their fellow man would not view my attitude as permissive in the extreme, and berate me for not cracking down far sooner and far more aggressively.
I said I wasn't going to comment again but this is not the right time to make this kind of exclamations of authority, you're only vindicating people who have a bad perception of you right now.

We all know you're in total control, that's a given, you don't need to stamp your feet and try to assert the obvious. The problem here is that "arguing with the jannies" isn't a bannable offense in the rules. We all call you names just like we call each other names, but where is the line that separates "okay banter" with "egregiously antagonistic"? and can that line move and shift as you yourself change over time?

Respect is a very subjective thing and everybody perceives it in a different way, banning short because he was angry at you and complaining isn't a good look. That's the kind of thing a reddit moderator does, you should've just muted him and told him to cool his head and then either let him converse like a normal person or mouth off and look like a retard. Maybe that was the right thing to do with tako too, ban him for a few days and if he comes back and keeps making trouble then you crack down on him for good.

I know you're just gonna respond with "Well I am admin so it doesn't matter what other people think!" like you did here, but I GENUINELY suggest you do the same as you did with Nolan, that was handled extremely well, let everyone SEE WHY you want to ban the person and then you will have the backing of the whole userbase. Right now you're only wrecking this place as you try to make people understand without really showing them. Ban as many people as you want but you will only be proving our point.

Right now it feels like you're not listening to anyone, you just have your hands in your ears and you're going "lalalalalalalla" because you're so sure of your correctness. That is not a good look, that is lolcow levels of behavior, it is condescending and it is demeaning to people's concerns. The discord thing feels more like you were FORCED into closing it because everyone else was too annoying and stupid rather than actually understanding why people saw an issue with it.

PLEASE take a break and stop adding fuel to the fire PLEASE I AM FUCKING BEGGING.

Last edited:

Topo Chico

I pay for this forum.

I run this forum.

>aggressively antagonistic
Lol
You straw man

Short rebuts and shit flings

You shit fling and attack his character

This is all on the first page or two man. But on and on it goes… and because you hold the power he eats a ban.:botanshrug:

But oh me oh my it’s fully morally correct proctor, KING Proctor, not behaving emotionally at all. Complete logical victory, giving full context and time to respond rationally. Not gay or melodramatic, no sir, no sir. Will the king copy and paste a thesaurus at you that says a whole lot of nothing or will he actually make a clear concise set of rules and calm down? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z! (Spoiler: he will keep the vague rules so he can bop whomever he wants lol).

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I'm going to put in a vote of confidence in Proctor. Proctor has done a good job in running the place, and a good job in this context is where you rarely notice the work someone is doing to keep things running smoothly. Stuff like sorting out a forum, and making sure the bill gets paid monthly, making arrangements to improve forum code, organizing moderation and so forth. He's even put up with us (well, me at least) occasionally making fun of him with good humour. I don't think it's unreasonable for Proctor to not want a bunch of drama bought to him repeatedly because one person likes to stir up shit.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Users found this context helpful:

Mofo was doing the same shit for a year, and tons of other people made the same fat jokes at Kirschey. The one who ate a ban was the one who shit things up AND made fat jokes at Kirschey over and over. People who have shit the place up are not banned, people who made fat jokes are not banned. Mofo kept doing both, long term.
It is most certainly true that warnings should have gone out beforehand but cockman already admitted that. When somebody gets banned, it should be obvious as to why, and with a "paper trail" everyone can see, like with Nolan.
Good for that, otherwise we wouldn't have any Mori Calliope posts at all.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

I pay for this forum.

I run this forum.

While I can understand the justification with Takodachi, I think you are being a big gay teasucking baby when it comes to @Short.
Take a lesson from your Anglo cousins Strayans and learn how to handle banter better.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
>aggressively antagonistic
Lol
You straw man

Short rebuts and shit flings

You shit fling and attack his character

This is all on the first page or two man. But on and on it goes… and because you hold the power he eats a ban.:botanshrug:

But oh me oh my it’s fully morally correct proctor, KING Proctor, not behaving emotionally at all. Complete logical victory, giving full context and time to respond rationally. Not gay or melodramatic, no sir, no sir. Will the king copy and paste a thesaurus at you that says a whole lot of nothing or will he actually make a clear concise set of rules and calm down? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z! (Spoiler: he will keep the vague rules so he can bop whomever he wants lol).

Short was deliberately antagonizing me for days prior to this. I had already banned him from the Discord after telling him explicitly that he was on thin ice, and being told to 'cope and dilate'.

His reaction was to instantly go on the forum and continue antagonizing me instead.

As for character; lol. lmao even.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
While I can understand the justification with Takodachi, I think you are being a big gay teasucking baby when it comes to @Short.

THis is obvious discrimination towards proud african kings

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
You sound like a cry baby and this post was shit and unproductive just like this one you are reading right now
His garden, if you disagree you can fuck right off to somewhere else. But, I give you allowances since you are a relative newb here, and haven't suffered through the Nolan era. (or the Sithis BBC era)

Tubedude

Short was deliberately antagonizing me for days prior to this. I had already banned him from the Discord after telling him explicitly that he was on thin ice, and being told to 'cope and dilate'.
This was context I believe a fair amount of us did not know. I had thought that it was only this last few hours/day due to the Tako situation.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
This was context I believe a fair amount of us did not know. I had thought that it was only due to the Tako situation.

Honestly I am so used to everything I say there being reposted on the forum it did not even enter my mind that people wouldn't be aware of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom