"Sakana is not a cutie, Sakana is a walking fatass"Tenma Maemi

Announcement Containment Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
So what now? we really didn't know if takodachi had any other issues in this place, same for short, why? none of us can see the warnings in our profiles. as @furaibou said we could get a counter of how many warnings we have, otherwise how are we supposed to know the shit we have been doing is "acceptable" or not, we can't change our behavior for the "best" when we don't know what the janny force considers an issue either, we have a no would posting rule that was buried in 1000+ pages and a clear no thirst posting rule in community guidelines, but what can be said for every other thing the other people that can ban us doesn't like? if one person gets banned for something a janny/admin does too then where is the line drawn? as for takodachi getting banned, i really don't care but if you wanted him gone sooner then you should have pulled the trigger earlier then, otherwise it looks like it was for calling someone fat to their face, and the average user will roll with that as the truth since not everyone cared about discord so that context is gone to them, and we don't even know when anyone gets a warning so we can't even know when a ban is justified.
My original thought was a Minecraft-esque health meter, but maybe make it a meter of little penises, and when they are all gone, have it explode as well.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
So what now? we really didn't know if takodachi had any other issues in this place, same for short, why? none of us can see the warnings in our profiles. as @furaibou said we could get a counter of how many warnings we have, otherwise how are we supposed to know the shit we have been doing is "acceptable" or not, we can't change our behavior for the "best" when we don't know what the janny force considers an issue either, we have a no would posting rule that was buried in 1000+ pages and a clear no thirst posting rule in community guidelines, but what can be said for every other thing the other people that can ban us doesn't like? if one person gets banned for something a janny/admin does too then where is the line drawn? as for takodachi getting banned, i really don't care but if you wanted him gone sooner then you should have pulled the trigger earlier then, otherwise it looks like it was for calling someone fat to their face, and the average user will roll with that as the truth since not everyone cared about discord so that context is gone to them, and we don't even know when anyone gets a warning so we can't even know when a ban is justified.
I'll defend Proctor on this one. The permissioning on Xenforo has been a headache. We may see something, but not realize others can't see it. It's something we might have to carefully work out fixing for the future.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
As someone who wandered away from the forum for a month only to come back to :Zaion-HAHAFAYAH:
I'm hoping that my opinion as a distant 3rd party really helps the people in need.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F59b29387-b670-4f80-9cc5-2a9646cf0b6b_621x597.png

Proctor you are clearly too fucking mad at everything.

Takodachi ban: The justification you have for the Kirsche incident being "the last straw" only becomes relevant if you even gave warnings for any of the previous incidents. As far as I or anyone else seems to know you have openly let that slide and never gave any notice or pushback on these. Also "it needs to be funny" clearly is thrown out the window if we're all taking shots at your favorite groom victim.

Rrat and Short bans: Noone debates that the Rrat ban was done in the heat of the moment and good on you for recognizing that. However if you concede that RRat was not a justified ban then Short as well needs to be unbanned. Them being done one after another tips your hand about being assmad and whether you admit this now or later your posts why you banned Short are clearly justifying it post-ban instead of it actually being the main reason why. Now your likely defense to keep him banned would be the-

"My house my rules": Now I understand that because you own this site you can do whatever you want. In principle this is valid and shouldn't cause problems most of the time. However being not only a Janny but the head janny of a FORUM requires you to loosen your ego a bit and realize that it's the community's as much as it is yours. Banning someone from a venue requires either enough warnings for infractions or a loud enough disruption to eat a ban. If you banned Takodachi from the Discord only I still think you would be assmad but it wouldn't be an overreaction. Banning him from the forum when he hasn't done anything in months except gloat about his past deeds(and call Kirsche a trash-eating mega whale) just reads as vengeance to me.

You do whatever you want I guess, it's your website after all. But from where I'm standing it's a good thing you dusted off the penis explosion chamber because it looks like you're due for an appointment yourself.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Wait wait, If I post some curvy roomates and someone calls them fat are they gonna get penis exploded and the harmful messages deleted OR NOT?
:architect::Mumei-REE:
One last ❤️ for Short, may he ❤️ in greener pastures.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
The rules are very clear and obvious to anyone with a functioning brain and social awareness.

Those are the people I want posting here.

If you do not have a functioning brain or social awareness, I do not want you here.

It's that simple.

You have no idea how hard it was to write rules that simple and obvious. I actively sat down and thought for several hours 'how could a complete idiot misinterpret these?' and was unable to come up with examples. I have no comprehension of the kind of active, progressive and irreversible brain damage you would need to not understand them. Somebody with 80 IQ could understand them.
The rules are muddled by your use of prose and your own ego. I get not wanting to appeal to the lowest common twitch viewer by making them dead simple but the opposite is also a problem. I Suggest asking your mods to help with that Bossman you have several flaws writing like Jane Austin under a communist regime is one of them.

I originally had a whole thing written here about you are the King you rule the subjects the subjects pay tribute (our posts keep the place active and looking healthy) and you protect us from Trolls/Drunks (trolls and drive by's) with your kingly authority and gallant knights.

But that would of been way too elaborate when a simple. Stop poking the village drunk and expecting clean shoes.Will do.

Last edited:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
Already posted my former thoughts, have nothing to add in that department. I am just impressed that discord could create a conflict here as volatile as the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Jason Citron, I kneel:dandanl:

Postal rrat

chinshilla
Already posted my former thoughts, have nothing to add in that department. I am just impressed that discord could create a conflict here as volatile as the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Jason Citron, I kneel:dandanl:
Discord creates discord its in the name how did no one see this coming

Saturnus

haha it's unou
It's cow behaviour because she took the bait and very obviously got mad about it, even bringing it up weeks after the fact.
I'm finding it hard to agree with your stance on her being a cow here dude. She's a woman (menhera) and she actually liked him (somewhat). Of course she's going to randomly fuckin' bring the dude up considering she's an Indie 3view. Takodachi made himself a notable person and she used his banned ass to bring attention that she's serious about the "don't archive my shitty karaokes". It is dumb but it is her rule she laid out clearly and he knew it, and did what he did anyway and faced the retarded repercussions from it.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
It's a good thing that I was off giving Suisei a knife and taking photo of cosplays when the whole situations is unfolding. I don't really have anything worth to say, other than this whole more or less might've soured TVA's perception in the eyes of the homeland's thread, and now anyone who went to TVA without any knowledge of homeland's thread might've to saddle the fact that there's bunch of people who sees Proctor for a lolcow because he keep making essays and taking bait, and thus this place is dead site's walking.

To be frank though, I believe that, had Proctor has enough decency to simmer down, it wouldn't have caused this whole stink. Wouldn't have any issue like people shitting about TVA in the thread, or Short archiving the scraping of Proctor's discord logs for everyone in KF thread to look at, etc etc etc.

But eh, what do I know. So long that I can post vtuber stuff without issue and the forum still up, all's fine by me. But it's something to think about.

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
It's cow behaviour because she took the bait and very obviously got mad about it, even bringing it up weeks after the fact. A world of difference between that and just banning the twentieth guy that night who talked about wanting to drink piss and forgetting his name a minute later.

He was being a dick and I won't defend directly engaging like that, but personally I find her reaction more exceptional than his low-level trolling in that situation.
Again, distinction and tone.

A streamer like Pyromancer hates it when he gets archived and clipped because it's archiving his complete lolcow meltdowns about petty shit like people saying the FInal Fantasy 14 port on console is a good version of the game, or trying to compare the Lalafell chair to racism somehow.

BatAtVideoGames at all indications wasn't having meltdowns and was just saying "Guys I don't like the sound of my own singing voice, so I AM serious about no archives rule."

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
To be frank though, I believe that, had Proctor has enough decency to simmer down, it wouldn't have caused this whole stink. Wouldn't have any issue like people shitting about TVA in the thread, or Short archiving the scraping of Proctor's discord logs for everyone in KF thread to look at, etc etc etc.
Sadly, he seems to have osmosed some of that Oirish temper.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Wait wait, If I post some curvy roomates and someone calls them fat are they gonna get penis exploded and the harmful messages deleted OR NOT?
You're just being smug because the only fat Shiina has is her ass :smugrys:

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
It's a good thing that I was off giving Suisei a knife and taking photo of cosplays when the whole situations is unfolding. I don't really have anything worth to say, other than this whole more or less might've soured TVA's perception in the eyes of the homeland's thread, and now anyone who went to TVA without any knowledge of homeland's thread might've to saddle the fact that there's bunch of people who sees Proctor for a lolcow because he keep making essays and taking bait, and thus this place is dead site's walking.

But eh, what do I know. So long that I can post vtuber stuff without issue and the forum still up, all's fine by me. But it's something to think about.
Oh, no! Anyway...

RedRage

I know that putting the Pippakistanis on notice was one thing, but is it really so serious? I don't know if anyone is crazy enough to make a forum for the rejects who were too insane for the forum made for the rejects.
Its not surprising, same thing somewhere else caused the birth of this place after all. There are few people who can both stomach leading a site like this, and not fall to becoming a femboy over it, even jersh has his moments.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Proctor is gay and unless something changes this is likely a slowly sinking ship under his management. /vt/ is an option to occasionally shit post, but 4chan is gay in general full of seanigs, wild rrats ect. KF isn’t Pippa oriented enough and Null merely tolerates the thread. Or I just just go back to watching Pippa without shitposting :botanshrug:
Maybe I'm retarded and missed it but I have yet to see what exactly @Short did to deserve a perma and the lack of transparency with what was exchanged urks the shit out of me.
So much that I now have the urge to insult Proctor at every chance just to see where his line actually is.

Jersh for all his faults is at least very transparent at what people did to get banned, not just perma, and even he now thinks that its better to reserve something like that for the most extreme cases.
Partly because permabans just encourage alts and more shitting and just talking to people after everyone cools off works sometimes.

Topo Chico

Maybe I'm retarded and missed it but I have yet to see what exactly @Short did to deserve a perma and the lack of transparency with what was exchanged urks the shit out of me.
So much that I now have the urge to insult Proctor at every chance just to see where his line actually is.

Jersh for all his faults is at least very transparent at what people did to get banned, not just perma, and even he now thinks that its better to reserve something like that for the most extreme cases.
Partly because permabans just encourage alts and more shitting and just talking to people after everyone cools off works sometimes.
Shorts context
Post in thread 'Announcement Containment Zone'
https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/announcement-containment-zone.144/post-244516
Post in thread 'Virtual Youtubers'
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/virtual-youtubers.69525/post-17107380
Post in thread 'Virtual Youtubers'
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/virtual-youtubers.69525/post-17107205

Last edited:

DogBone

He replied about that it was in discord Short after being told he needs to cool it and “give me reasons why I should be kept around” told Proctor to cope and dilate. It’s around page 6 or 7 in the thread? Honestly short was being based as fuck. Image actually having to justify to the guy pissing his pants in public why you should have the honor to use his gossip forum. Free my nigga Short, he may like piss and feet but he is funny and genuinely contributes to the forum as well as, I think, cares about what happens here.
Oh, I didn't know Short was perma'd w/o explanation.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
don't know if anyone is crazy enough to make a forum for the rejects who were too insane for the forum made for the rejects.
There's literally a forum out there populated by five banned members of the homelands with one of them seething to himself in a thread about me for over a year. People are weird.

I think I missed the happenings, but it sounds like Short was banned and maybe a couple of other people? I don't know if Short did something really fucked up, but as far as I'm aware he was always willing to rustle people though did do good with archiving and more. I know he got bonked once for posting guro fanfics of his as a joke or something, but mostly people seemed upset about his stickers. If that's all it is I hope Proctor can calm down and revert the ban.

I'm a bad judge of character though, I'm still ok with Empressa being unbanned on the homelands.

RedRage

but mostly people seemed upset about his stickers
What a weird thing to get upset over. I usually took his stickers as a sign I was right given how he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom