"Let's work together in bed!"Oozora Subaru

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Wdym?

I guess you are saying that they didn't do many collabs even when both of them are still in Hololive? That's not true though. From 2023, they have been collabing kinda semi-regularly, more than many of the popular HoloEN pairings like Takamori, BaeRys, Iname, Ametori, Kronmei, etc. Gura even came out of her "hiatus" once just to collab with Ame. I think they are only beaten by the most recent Autofister when it comes to number of collabs.
I am comparing them to themselves. They have had 6 1:1 collabs since this time 2022. Why would Ame leaving make it happen more frequently, if at all.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I am comparing them to themselves. They have had 6 1:1 collabs since this time 2022. Why would Ame leaving make it happen more frequently, if at all.
I didn't say anything about it being frequent (I used the word "active" in the sense that Senzawa will no longer be inactive), just that it happens.

Blud thinks she's gonna graduate and suddenly come back to streaming like her manager was keeping her away from the PC.
I didn't imply anything about Gura's activity, just that they will still find some way to collab on stream after Ame's departure. She didn't even need to use her Senzawa persona, just appearing on dooby's stream as some random friend will do.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
(I used the word "active" in the sense that Senzawa will no longer be inactive)
Blud thinks she's gonna graduate and suddenly come back to streaming like her manager was keeping her away from the PC.

Negzana

All I can see is as soon as they see this deal with Ame and Cover working out, Gura doing the same thing.
I think Gura likes her current deal where she does do a handful of streams around the time she needs to shill merch. What Ame has basically cuts out any streams aside for milestone ones.

RiverBear

The issue is what would they do? They could have been playing games together as AmeSame and weren't. They could have just been having chatting streams like this and they weren't. I just don't see it happening.
A lot of people also seem to forget that Hololive IS Gura's end goal.
This IS her dream turned reality

Amelia probably doesn't see herself keeping up with the idol stuff - she just wanted to stream

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
A lot of people also seem to forget that Hololive IS Gura's end goal.
This IS her dream turned reality
I don't think Gura is a disingenuous enough person for the health stuff to be fake, and the side effects of some medicines can really drain people of their energy.

Nigel Nigerman

Choo Choo Motherfuckers!
I don't think Gura is a disingenuous enough person for the health stuff to be fake, and the side effects of some medicines can really drain people of their energy.
Yeah, getting pregnant and aborting the child do drain ya pretty good.
:cursedbae::cursedpeko::cursedbae::cursedpeko::cursedbae::cursedpeko:

GET FUCKED CHUMBUDS!!!

TKN_Murder

Murdered Lurker
Screenshot_2024-09-29-14-34-41-051-edit_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Man, that was a good stream. She even broke the donation goal. Even the feels with Kronii at the end almost got me too.
:ameraintear:

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter
I think one of the most remarkable aspects of Hololive has been just how many of the talents have developed actual (not just business) friendships with each other.

Smelliest007

I think one of the most remarkable aspects of Hololive has been just how many of the talents have developed actual (not just business) friendships with each other.
But the Nijifamily :Mumei-REE:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
The one time I specifically remember Gura commenting on her health directly rather than leaving it vague was when she mentioned having fainting spells. I'm not sure if this was a short-term thing or if it's ongoing, but if it's the latter I can completely understand why she'd be disenfranchised from streaming, the unpredictability of something like that is a huge weight on your shoulder the whole time you're trying to put on a show. It'd also explain why she's much more enthusiastic about the concerts, since they're prerecorded and any potential incidents could be edited out.

Thomas Talus

Early Adopter
The one time I specifically remember Gura commenting on her health directly rather than leaving it vague was when she mentioned having fainting spells. I'm not sure if this was a short-term thing or if it's ongoing, but if it's the latter I can completely understand why she'd be disenfranchised from streaming, the unpredictability of something like that is a huge weight on your shoulder the whole time you're trying to put on a show. It'd also explain why she's much more enthusiastic about the concerts, since they're prerecorded and any potential incidents could be edited out.
I think she also mentioned feeling like her battery was low a lot of the time.

My mom had a medication where being able to cut the dosage in half due to her bloodwork numbers improving led to an immediate and dramatic improvement in her physical strength, focus, and demeanor. If she's on something related to, for example, having a resting heart rate bordering on 120 bpm (which we saw a few months before the official health hiatus), that can really mess you up.

Nigel Nigerman

Choo Choo Motherfuckers!

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I think she also mentioned feeling like her battery was low a lot of the time.

My mom had a medication where being able to cut the dosage in half due to her bloodwork numbers improving led to an immediate and dramatic improvement in her physical strength, focus, and demeanor. If she's on something related to, for example, having a resting heart rate bordering on 120 bpm (which we saw a few months before the official health hiatus), that can really mess you up.
My observation:

She talked about her health issues all the time back in 2021 and early 2022 when she streams regularly. I'm pretty sure the examples you provided were all from that time period. This all kinda ended after she had Cover announced a health-related hiatus at the end of 2022.
2023 was just kinda a weird year for her. After she came back from her hiatus, she only talked about her health issue once, and it was in a member post in the middle of the year (can't remember the exact month). When she did stream, she never brought up her health issues at all, not even in her first stream after the official hiatus. I have no idea why. Just a simple "health bad, little streams, thank you for understanding", either on stream or on twitter would have prevented 70% of the hate comments she had gotten.
This would persist until 3 weeks before, where she tweeted about "going through a rough health spot".

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
In honour of Ame on the eve of her departure:

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Peo finished her fanart after about 16 hours.

roktofferson

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

The final Myth collab with all 5 girls, at least on Ame's channel and before she becomes an affiliate, in an hour and 15.

If it ends without all of them in tears at some point, I'll be amazed.

Top Bottom