"ok, ill devour all the fish in the world today"Shisui Michiru

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

thirteenorphans

I watched vtubers casually before Myth but they're the ones that fully dragged me down the rabbit hole. It won't be the same without Ame but if she is going to staff then for the love of god, get some competent project managers so we don't get shit like having to hear Gura's original song through Calli's performance because the MV or song is in perms hell or something.

USS IOWA

RiverBear

>A Short Talk
Ame graduates.
>A Quick Chat
Calli _________?

Are we due the fabled double graduation? Will Myth be reduced to basically just Kiara?
I highly doubt it since she just announced on DDK that she's not touring anytime soon, so it makes no sense for her to cut off both of her sources of income

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
This really feels like she's transitioning from talent to staff. The wording behind a lot of this is so specific, especially her not leaving Hololive itself. It comes off as if she has bigger ambitions she can't reach if she still has to stream and sing and dance and all that.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
I was driving when I saw the Holoplus announcement on my phone. Stopped on a corner and read it. Went here to confirm things...
:pikameefuck::pikameefuck::pikameefuck:
:pikameepain::pikameepain::pikameepain:

This shit hurts so bad man...

:hope:

Now... I don't wanna be that guy but...
:baeJam: 🤰 ❓
:monkeypaw:
:totalnolansupremacy:
LMAOOOOOOOOO
*cries

Hard to imagine anyone that doesnt, Ame may not be the face of EN but she sure is the spine
If Gura is the face of EN and Ame the spine then Ina is the back, Calli is the boobs and Kiara the ass.

I fucking love Mint, she's just a true vtuber fan.

I just noticed the thread, whose the 2view?
I will fervently pray that you and your oshi end up in Nijisanji EN someday and get tabled by Vox
:gloomiLaugh::gloomiLaugh::gloomiLaugh:

Sounds like an interesting possibility. Retiring from streaming, but popping in for concerts and big collabs.

This might be it. We'll never know for now, we'll just have to wait after she's gone if she's going to reappear as a streamer in Twitch.

All in all, Teamates deserve our respect in this trying times. Ame is a one-of-a-kind individual. She is so fucking creative and innovative with her approach to vtubing, may it be collabs, stream ideas and what not. Perhaps her biggest contribution is her amazing networking (Kanauru, Seafoamboi, etc.) and always being in touch with her fanbase. Her contributions to Myth, Hololive EN, Cover corp and vtubing as a whole is immense. Thanks for the memories Ame and FUCK 2024.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Ame commented in the stream, basically debunking the staff rrat and confirming the "contracted talent" theory.
1726822529375.png

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
I'm thankful that it probably is not a medical situation since she said that it isn't personal reasons. I don't really understand what the plans are for the future with Cover/Hololive, but I pray that everything goes well for her, and that she finds a good husband and has a wonderful life with a big family.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
EDIT: Nevermind.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

This really feels like she's transitioning from talent to staff. The wording behind a lot of this is so specific, especially her not leaving Hololive itself. It comes off as if she has bigger ambitions she can't reach if she still has to stream and sing and dance and all that.
She has some pretty heavy family obligations, which is probably a big part of the complicating matters. It might not drive this, but it's likely sets the bounds of what her free time looks like. The Holomems are normally putting in 12+ hour days on the regular, it's an incredibly busy job and that's without the streaming part.

Also, it doesn't come up much since "Traveling is what cool people do!", but I find most people don't actually like traveling that much more than every couple of years. Especially to very exotic places. The Japan travel could have been entirely too much for what Ame wants to do with her life and she'd much rather work from where she's at. Something to consider with some of this.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I find the staff rrat a bit hard to believe. Perhaps she might work behind the scenes as an independent contractor for 3D and stuff but if she's taking that route she would gain a lot more by working with other agencies too. She keep the Amelia Watson ID alive when she want to participate in some events and work on tech stuff for the EN scene as her main gig. That would make the most sense to me.

USS IOWA

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Gotta say, I'm tired of waking up to graduation announcements. One time was already too much and this is the 3rd fucking time this year. The hashtag for the 4th anniversary live being #Myth4Ever feels like a punch to the gut.
:depressedtako:

It's just like Ame though to go out in a way that's never been done before. Honestly I'm still confused as to what being an affiliate entails (and it seems like Cover might be too) but if it's something beneficial that will let her flex her creativity then that's cool. Whether it's through random projects, appearances, merch or something else. Just like she's done for the industry as a whole, It could pave the way for other talents to do something similar depending on how it goes.

There's still 10 days left so we still have time. Besides the sadness (and confusion at the affiliate stuff), I'm just feeling a ton of gratitude for everything she's done over these 4 years. I'm sure I'll say it again during the last stream, but thank you for everything Detective.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Ame commented in the stream, basically debunking the staff rrat and confirming the "contracted talent" theory.
View attachment 78754
We'll probably see her in Fes and the big yearly EN concert, but not much else outside from that, so hopefully the usual past two years for Ame.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I will say she stuck around way longer than I'd imagined. A year or so ago you could tell the fatigue was getting to her, having to shoulder most of the technical stream aspects of EN.

USS IOWA

The Chink

So it just feels like WWE? After contract is over, the stage image is kept and in certain cases the wrestler would return.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Gotta say, I'm tired of waking up to graduation announcements. One time was already too much and this is the 3rd fucking time this year. The hashtag for the 4th anniversary live being #Myth4Ever feels like a punch to the gut.
:depressedtako:

It's just like Ame though to go out in a way that's never been done before. Honestly I'm still confused as to what being an affiliate entails (and it seems like Cover might be too) but if it's something beneficial that will let her flex her creativity then that's cool. Whether it's through random projects, appearances, merch or something else. Just like she's done for the industry as a whole, It could pave the way for other talents to do something similar depending on how it goes.

There's still 10 days left so we still have time. Besides the sadness (and confusion at the affiliate stuff), I'm just feeling a ton of gratitude for everything she's done over these 4 years. I'm sure I'll say it again during the last stream, but thank you for everything Detective.

Ame moves to "Featured Artist" role on tracks.

I think it also means she'll still be in their discord? Because you know "Ame doko?" is going to hit with Kiara at least once a month.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

So it just feels like WWE? After contract is over, the stage image is kept and in certain cases the wrestler would return.
Ame is the Undertaker, who was retired for almost a decade before he retired. Yet he still occasionally popped up for chokeslam someone.

Wait, Ame *is* the Undertaker. Yup, definitely an American Badass.

Or she's just the best capitalist among Vtubers. "Why do we both need to stop making money off this IP, exactly?".

Top Bottom