"You ever just see a guy walking around town that looks like he loves communism?"Marimari

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

USS IOWA

So it just feels like WWE? After contract is over, the stage image is kept and in certain cases the wrestler would return.
Yeah I feel like this would be like the Legends contract. Maybe Cover got the idea from WWE

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
They forced me to quit.

All I did was explain in detail the geneology that means Raora was a direct decendent of Mussolini and should team up with Kiara to create a glorious 4th reich.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I know the most recent James Bond was pretty bad, but Ame basically just did the "James Bond will return" ending as a Vtuber. Or the "this isn't goodbye forever, for so long for now". Which does leave things pretty confusing.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Motherfucker, Ame was part of End Of A Life at the 4th anniversary concert. I shot my shot but killed the wrong retired streamer.

Serbian Peacemakers

Motherfucker, Ame was part of End Of A Life at the 4th anniversary concert. I shot my shot but killed the wrong retired streamer.
You say this like Ame isn't a test run for when Gura Not-Graduates next year.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
RIP the staff dream. I'm curious what type of events Ame could do.. I don't see Ame taking the time to practice for concert performances like Holofes.. maybe no more 3d stuff since flying her out to the JP studio makes no sense if she isn't an active talent or only has a small role.

It sounds like passive income where Cover can still sell Ame merch and both still gets their cuts for as long as HoloEN is around. She can still do voicework for voice packs and that HoloEarth thing, and do events like the spelling bee if she really wants to, or join in a Collab on an active holomem's channel. No need to kill the IP, imagine if Vesper and Magni had done this.. and Gura will soon lol

thirteenorphans

The option to return for events should honestly be a standard clause in their contracts. It works for wrestling and for actual idol groups so no reason it wouldn't for virtual talents. Even if the talents don't want to perform they can just say no but at least it would leave the door ajar just in case.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Remember this? So awkward, lol.

Back then, the whole thing seemed strange and uncertain. It was a gamble, we didn't know if English speaking audiences would ever widely accept vtubers, or if a HoloEN branch could be successful. There was a huge amount of pressure on the original Myth members, and an absolute minimum of organizational support. They were, and are, pioneers, and with their meteoric rise to popularity in the West, they showed Cover and the world just how much demand there is for high quality English speaking vtubers.

It was very scuffed at first. The Myth members barely interacted before debut, and it showed. It took them months to build rapport, before that they were nervous and awkward with each other. They had extremely limited corporate support. Because of their wide dispersal, they had to make due with far less resources than JP Holos had at the time, and things like new outfits and model updates were a LONG time coming. I distinctly remember thinking that they would probably never make it to 3D.

In the midst of it all, there was Ame. We heard about her working behind the scenes for the other Myth members. Providing tech support, helping out on the back end. We also saw how her streams were different from the others. She kept playing around with the stream environment, pushing the boundaries, either making her own assets or reaching out to others. When Walfie's "Smol Ame" drawings started getting popular, she took the concept and ran with it, not only making her own "Smol Ame" character with 2D and 3D models, but leading the way for all Myth mems to have Smol versions, and then for Council and ID to have alternate versions of their own. This was just one of many examples of her contributions to vtubing in general.

She also casually updated her own character lore. It may not seem like much, but adding time travel to her lore sparked an explosion of creativity from the fans that continues to this day with some truly extraordinary fan works. Both in the industry and among the fans, Ame is a source of inspiration.

I didn't plan to write much when I started typing. I never watch Ame very much, to be frank, but when I did I found her to be very entertaining and creative. More than that, I respect her. I respect her as a founding Myth member, and a genuine trailblazer, a real leading light for an industry. That's a rare distinction in any field.

I don't know any more than the rest of you about what exactly her new status is or why now, but we all knew this day was coming. It's a big change because of who she is and what she's accomplished, but everyone reaches the point when they're ready to move on to the next stage eventually. That's life.

So to Ame, and to Myth, and to all the behind-the-scenes staff that we never saw, and to all the fans I just want to say: Thanks. For everything.

mismatch

Not much to say that hasn't already been said, but this is a rough one... Ame is my #2, second longest membership, and definitely one of the girls that I thought would be around forever, despite how much less often she may have been streaming lately. It really feels like a light is going out, especially where Myth is concerned. Kiara may have picked up some of the role that Ame had in the early years, but I don't think anyone can replace Ame as a source of off-beat, brilliant and also dumb ideas that only she could make work in the first place. AME WAY, right up to the end.

I felt this way after Aqua as well, but Cover really needs to figure out a way to balance the crazy workloads that these girls are ending up with. It's one thing for the ones that have big budokan dreams to be working like crazy, but these days it feels like all of them are drowning in "homework", and there are more voice packs, group concerts and other obligations like that than ever. If they're gonna choose growing revenue without adding talents (the right choice imo), they're gonna need to figure out how to keep those talents around, because a graduation hits all the harder when numbers are smaller to begin with. I don't want any more talents to have to leave just so they can live a normal life.

Anyways, I'll never be able to think of "Papaya" the same way again. God speed, Detective....

P.S. Shark-enjoyers, our watch begins now...

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
RIP the staff dream. I'm curious what type of events Ame could do.. I don't see Ame taking the time to practice for concert performances like Holofes.. maybe no more 3d stuff since flying her out to the JP studio makes no sense if she isn't an active talent or only has a small role.

It sounds like passive income where Cover can still sell Ame merch and both still gets their cuts for as long as HoloEN is around. She can still do voicework for voice packs and that HoloEarth thing, and do events like the spelling bee if she really wants to, or join in a Collab on an active holomem's channel. No need to kill the IP, imagine if Vesper and Magni had done this.. and Gura will soon lol
Well it says in the announcement that current merch will still be sold but there wont be new merch.

Screenshot_20240920-055337_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
:crushsighs:

I'll always remember her L.A. Noir streams, it was the first of the very few playthroughs that I've watched from the first to the last second, never missing a single stream.
:crushsighs:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Can't wait for the tell all by unaffiliated streamer Sachiowo.

"I have never met Keekihime, but she's probably the type to look for hours when you tell her to get the wifi cable."

"Yeah, I used to listen to Demondice. Bet she's dropping twenty niggas per minute in private."

"Nagu's art is great! Never met her, of course, but on a completely unrelated note, Korean parents can get pretty crazy when picking husbands for their daughters."

"Senzawa...? That internet sensation some years ago? No idea, but one word: Diapers."

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
The tweet that is mentioned here is by Koefficient.

frz

Ame is the Undertaker, who was retired for almost a decade before he retired. Yet he still occasionally popped up for chokeslam someone.

Wait, Ame *is* the Undertaker. Yup, definitely an American Badass.

Or she's just the best capitalist among Vtubers. "Why do we both need to stop making money off this IP, exactly?".
retired for almost a decade before he retired
ESL moment?

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
nrkihn.png

depending on how you look at it, Holo X is the oldest 5 member Gen that is still complete
I dont know what to do with this information but I hate it

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

retired for almost a decade before he retired
ESL moment?
He was soft retired, but not "retired" retired. He only wrestled once a year, basically, for a long time. Then he had one last official "theatrical" match and actually officially retired. It's like a band that hasn't actually released an album in ages or done any tours, but they haven't officially said they were "done". The classic "on hiatus" effect.

That said, I fully expect this to happen for a number of other talents over the years. Suisei and Mori have the largest musical careers attached to the IPs, so they'll never completely retire. But they'll probably stop streaming at some point. I say that, but Mori will probably die while working and we'll all but sad but completely unsurprised.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

frz

So far A-chan, Aqua, Amelia killed
Akai Haato almost graduated
Azki likely will stay, Akirose is hard inclining so very unlikely
Ayame next?

Top Bottom