"I believe the Earth is flat, because Hana-senpai means the world to me hahaha"Miyu Ottavia

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

TwoBit

Early Adopter

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
So far A-chan, Aqua, Amelia killed
Akai Haato almost graduated
Azki likely will stay, Akirose is hard inclining so very unlikely
Ayame next?
Polka has been extra sad lately ( i made it up ) because no one flew to japan to marry her. Maybe she will be the next to graduate

Negzana

nrkihn.png

depending on how you look at it, Holo X is the oldest 5 member Gen that is still complete
I dont know what to do with this information but I hate it
A lot of schizos and antis think La+ is going to be nuked due to some eventually yab Cover simply can't put over the rug but I think she is wrangled hard enough and has enough tact to avoid that.

I had a nightmare last night Lui was terminated though....

The Chink

Ina talking about Ame rn. It gives me a strong indication that Ame is going indie. (something like she will do really good wherever she goes and can't wait to see what she's up to and she has so many ideas she wants to try.)

Kiara would be the one to watch as she's pretty close to Ame (they recently spend a day together in NYC) and she's the worst in keeping secrets. (which is good for audience)

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
From what Ame said right at the start, she isn't "graduating" but rather won't be streaming anymore. Rather specific wording which makes me think she has been offered, or moved to a management position helping the EN girls behind the scenes.
Is she going to be EN's "A-chan"?

mismatch

Is she going to be EN's "A-chan"?
Both Ame (in a comment below the announcement) and Ina (at the beginning of her GTA stream) have clarified that this will not be the case - she may show up from time to time on a stream or event or something, but she's not becoming staff or anything like that.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
Both Ame (in a comment below the announcement) and Ina (at the beginning of her GTA stream) have clarified that this will not be the case - she may show up from time to time on a stream or event or something, but she's not becoming staff or anything like that.
So, if she shows up occasionally, it's not really a graduation so much as a very long hiatus, Haachama style.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

So, if she shows up occasionally, it's not really a graduation so much as a very long hiatus, Haachama style.
Basically. It's more than Haachama or Shion, but she may show up more than they did for a long time.

Negzana

I'm guessing this is like a more extreme case of what Suisei has done? Still a part of the Hololive brand but streams are officially not an expected part of the talent's content?

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Effectively, Ame negotiated to have her contract switched from being an "Employee" to "Independent Contractor". She's willing to still work with Cover/Hololive and participate in events if she wants, but is no longer actually employed and therefore will not stream or get merch deals (eg: Birthday merch) that aren't involved with group events.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
Come on guys, it is a graduation. We've always wished Coco or Aqua would show up again someday, but that is not a certainty.

Now Ame is the first in Holo that graduates, but seems like she have a contract that allows the IP alive and she can be involved in a very huge collaboration, think of surprise appearance during the next HoloEN concert, a Myth girl starts singing Chiku Taku, then suddenly Ame shows up.

It is interesting, since Cover really needs to hold on their lucrative IPs, they have to explore this avenue of graduation. Letting IP just go into the abyss hurts, now there's another way.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
She still works for Cover, she just won't stream as Amelia Watson
The character can still be used in other ways compared to Coco or Aqua where the character is officially retired.
That's what I get from the announcement

Also Yagoo saying he is excited to work with Watson again, so she's probably going to help around on the back end
It makes sense, since Cover has opened a US branch, and Ame lives in the Los Angeles area.

Negzana

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
dang, I hope it's a step up to management and not something else. The tone of some of the other members tweets has me worried, but I'm probably just reading too much into it.
I think they are just sad they don't get to interact as Vtubers, since she appears to be moving on to staff. Although, it appears it's not going to be an A-chan sort of situation, but more on the technical back-end.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Effectively, Ame negotiated to have her contract switched from being an "Employee" to "Independent Contractor". She's willing to still work with Cover/Hololive and participate in events if she wants, but is no longer actually employed and therefore will not stream or get merch deals (eg: Birthday merch) that aren't involved with group events.
No new merch is the weirdest thing to me. I feel like people would be more than willing to keel buying birthday merch, at least. Maybe that didn't sit well with Cover or Ame, though.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
We'll probably see her in Fes and the big yearly EN concert, but not much else outside from that, so hopefully the usual past two years for Ame.
They did specify that she will no longer participate in "live events".

No new merch is the weirdest thing to me. I feel like people would be more than willing to keel buying birthday merch, at least. Maybe that didn't sit well with Cover or Ame, though.
The announcement stated that they will no longer do "regular release of merch", so sporadic release of merch is still possible I guess?

Jean Valjean

Brimming with salt
Well this is certainly something to wake up to. I used to watch Ame a lot back in the day (I had a membership and everything) but sort of stopped watching a couple years ago. Staff rrat may be debunked (to my personal sadness; I think she'd have been a shoe in for EN side technical staff) but it's good that she can still stay affiliated with Cover in her own, Ame, way.

Negzana

Whatever the reason, I wish the best for Ame and I hope she uses this to improve herself

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
A lot of schizos and antis think La+ is going to be nuked due to some eventually yab Cover simply can't put over the rug but I think she is wrangled hard enough and has enough tact to avoid that.

I had a nightmare last night Lui was terminated though....

Vesper's the father.

Whatever the reason, I wish the best for Ame and I hope she uses this to improve herself
Glowie 3.png

Some Guy Who Reads

HASAN PROCTOR, I'M COMING TO KILL YOU! ON CRAGGY ISLAND! AT YOUR HOUSE! "With snarky forum posts, right?" NO IN REAL LIFE!

Can't sleep and cause graduations if you're dead, after all...

Jokes aside, as sad as I am to see the breaking of the Myth finally come to pass, this really isn't a surprise to me. Ame has clearly been losing interest for at least two years now, much like Gura, and the only real shocker here is the incredibly short notice + the very queer way it's being described (lots of irregular language for what appears to be a fairly bog-standard clean graduation). Regardless, I wish her well in all things, and am eternally grateful for her backstage tard-wrangling to make the magic happen.

Thanks Ame. Good luck out there.

Top Bottom